Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Ask me anything about: GTAV (spoiler free)

• 77 results
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

I'm just playing the opening sequence right now, but if you have any questions about the game in general that I can answer without spoiling any story elements, please ask here and I will check back periodically and answer what I can. Please keep in mind that I did just start the game, so some questions I may not be able to answer yet.

I have the 360 version. Popping in Disc 1 prompts a mandatory in-game install process. When this is completed (after about 10 minutes), you are asked to put in Disc 2 and then the game starts.

Q: How did you get the game early!??!?

A: I know people

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Is it good?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Is it sexist?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

All I need to know is how are dem frames holding up?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

Is it racist?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Do the vehicles feel any different from 4? any differences from 4 combat wise?

- damn I'm jealous of you right now.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How quiet and laid-back are the beginning stages of the game?

Do you feel like weak, slim and broke-ass CJ at the beginning of San Andreas, roaming the country side alone trying to make something of yourself, or is the game explosive with music, action, pussy and mad cash since the start?

I like feeling poor and weak and lonely at the beginning of a GTA game, anxious to meet big players and doing missions that will slowly make me a big player, rather than already knowing dudes and having money and girlfriends.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Does it feel more fun and responsive like dem ads be sayin'?

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it better than Brothers?

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does it look graphically compared to GTA IV and RDR? I remember IV being very jaggy in shadows and edges to the point of me thinking my Xbox was dying at the time. But I got used to it. RDR certainly looked a lot better in that regard, but also didn't have as much things above making shadows either for most of the game.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@yummylee said:

This please. Thank you.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under the map theres like 3 bars, whats that shit? one is obviously health right?

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Nev

How many times have you been called a 'busta' in your time with the game?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero: The green is health. Blue is armor. Yellow is special ability.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Are their collectibles in the game, and is finding them worth the reward?

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you feel like weak, slim and broke-ass CJ at the beginning of San Andreas, roaming the country side alone trying to make something of yourself, or is the game explosive with music, action, pussy and mad cash since the start?

I like feeling poor and weak and lonely at the beginning of a GTA game, anxious to meet big players and doing missions that will slowly make me a big player, rather than already knowing dudes and having money and girlfriends.

Yeah, I was gonna ask this.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

Pretty well. Better than 4, but it's no ultra-smooth 60 FPS or anything like that. I'm normally very sensitive to poor framerates in games, it's not a problem here at all.

@pezen said:

How does it look graphically compared to GTA IV and RDR? I remember IV being very jaggy in shadows and edges to the point of me thinking my Xbox was dying at the time. But I got used to it. RDR certainly looked a lot better in that regard, but also didn't have as much things above making shadows either for most of the game.

It looks better than both GTA IV and RDR. Nothing mind-blowingly awesome, but it does look better and the framerate is good so far. Nothing to complain about, it looks great.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

@officegamer said:

I like this question, but at the same time I want to know if something actually happens in the beginning of the game. I don't care if you start so poor that you're beating up guys with an half a baseball bat and no shirt, but I want something to happen. I've played some GTA IV recently and it takes forever for something interesting to happen in that game, and by "something interesting" I mean "something beyond driving people around".

Honestly, though, it might be kind of weird if the rich white guy of the story doesn't start off decently well. He clearly has the money to buy nice weapons and cars right off the bat.

"I've got this nice house and car in the driveway but I can only afford one box of bullets today!"

EDIT: Oh, yeah, framerate. From the videos I've seen on that one thread, the game's framerate seems to hold up admirably and it still looks really, really good, though up-close and in high resolutions I imagine that the PS3's and 360's hardware will show. But a few bad textures is a small price to pay for a good, solid framerate.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Are their collectibles in the game, and is finding them worth the reward?

Sorry it's too soon, I'm still in the very early stages of the game.

Do the vehicles feel any different from 4? any differences from 4 combat wise?

- damn I'm jealous of you right now.

Driving feels good, a little improved over 4. Combat feels tighter and easier to manage from what I've played through in the opening sequence, but I haven't done any open world combat yet.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officegamer said:

I like this question, but at the same time I want to know if something actually happens in the beginning of the game. I don't care if you start so poor that you're beating up guys with an half a baseball bat and no shirt, but I want something to happen. I've played some GTA IV recently and it takes forever for something interesting to happen in that game, and by "something interesting" I mean "something beyond driving people around".

Honestly, though, it might be kind of weird if the rich white guy of the story doesn't start off decently well. He clearly has the money to buy nice weapons and cars right off the bat.

"I've got this nice house and car in the driveway but I can only afford one box of bullets today!"

Interestingly enough, I read a user comment on the NeoGAF spoiler-free thread that said there are almost no tutorial missions. I guess they took a cue from Saints Row, because there's apparently solid action from the start.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: The beginning of the game is a tutorial, but it's done differently and better than I've ever seen a tutorial handled in a game. I don't want to give too much away about the beginning, but I was very impressed by it! Sets a great tone for the beginning of the game, and man, the music is unbelievable!

16 radio stations by the way, the first time I opened the radio wheel I couldn't believe it. My favorite so far is West Coast Classics, listening to some Dr. Dre & Snoop right now!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you have to play as all three in segments, or can you just stick with one of the protagonists and play out his story first?

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@spaceinsomniac: The beginning of the game is a tutorial, but it's done differently and better than I've ever seen a tutorial handled in a game. I don't want to give too much away about the beginning, but I was very impressed by it! Sets a great tone for the beginning of the game, and man, the music is unbelievable!

16 radio stations by the way, the first time I opened the radio wheel I couldn't believe it. My favorite so far is West Coast Classics, listening to some Dr. Dre & Snoop right now!

I am so jealous! Monday/Tuesday can't come quick enough.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually curious if secondary characters are now going to be NPC's in the world when your just out exploring. Can Franklin, for example, run into Michaels family members in the game world? Can he kill them, or at least send them to the hospital? Will Michael react to violence against his family and attempt to kill you?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#26 FinalDasa  Moderator

On general theme or tone, would you compare it more towards GTA 4 or one of the earlier in the series?

4 hooked me with the serious tone and intriguing story and I'm hoping 5 keeps at least a good chunk of serious.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is it possible to miss specific character stuff (side missions, etc) if youre progressing the story as another character?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Funkydupe

Any thoughts on how smart the AI is?

Does random fun stuff/accidents happen in traffic? :)

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supercycle: Oh yes There was one video leaked of Trevor finding Michael in free roam and Michael kept saying "Stop following him...fuck off!) Trevor kept following him than Michael just lunged at him punching Trevor in the face and "Wasting" him

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it run like shit?

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: It's definitely a more serious game along the lines of GTA IV,

but if you ask me there are some moments in the game that make it very hard to suspend your disbelief or even to take certain characters seriously at all. I know it's a GTA game and all, I'm not referring to wasting like 20 guys while escaping a building, I'm just talking writing and motivation-wise, certain characters make me scratch my head. (and that's not a good thing). But what do I know.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Free aim or lock-on? If both, how's free aim?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

@polyesterkyle: I had that same struggle with 4 so I guess I can live with it again. Thanks!

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By REDRUN

Any random or funny memorable moments happened with the physics and AI between the missions?

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How's the driving? I know I might be a small group, but San Andreas had the best driving. I DID NOT like the realistic driving of IV. Did they bring back the arcade type driving, or found the right balance between Arcade and Realistic?

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PolyesterKyle

@finaldasa: No problem, and not to be misunderstood, I think the game is great, and I like the characters, but, you know.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
    ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do the specials work? Do they take a long time to recharge?

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do the gang members who where actually recorded to play as gang members in the game sound like gang members? If so, did any of them try to sell you their CD?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do the specials work? Do they take a long time to recharge?

The driving specials work by clicking in both sticks, this will also end the special when you're done using it to conserve the meter. The special gauge charges back up pretty quickly through driving, but you can't really use them constantly.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

How many discs are there on Xbox 360? If you have to install disc 1, and only use Disc 2 that almost makes it a 1 disc game for gameplay which is key information I need.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By Nodima

@redrun said:

Do the gang members who where actually recorded to play as gang members in the game sound like gang members? If so, did any of them try to sell you their CD?

If the Los Santos version of Leimart Park, Compton and Silverlake don't have middle-aged rappers trolling outside of clubs with a trunk full of CD-Rs, this entire project will have been a complete failure.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShaggE

Are there HUD arrangement options? As a small TV haver, I'm not enamored with the tiny health/armor/special bars, and would prefer the circle around the map, or even the old-school bars. Not a game breaker by any means, and it might be fine once I'm playing it myself, it just looks less than ideal.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrJorOwe

@alistercat said:

How many discs are there on Xbox 360? If you have to install disc 1, and only use Disc 2 that almost makes it a 1 disc game for gameplay which is key information I need.

Yep you are forced installed disc one, and just play off disc 2, which I also installed.

Edit: If anyone's wondering amazon UK straight up sent people in my city the game today, loads of people have it, not sure how wide that goes though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#45  Edited By Yummylee
    @jimmyfenix said:

@supercycle: Oh yes There was one video leaked of Trevor finding Michael in free roam and Michael kept saying "Stop following him...fuck off!) Trevor kept following him than Michael just lunged at him punching Trevor in the face and "Wasting" him

What.

That's just... swell.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/ZoeNailz/GIFS/SparklyEyesDog.gif

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which character to you has been the most appealing to play as?

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrjorowe: WOW been asking people about that second disk install? So its possible ..... can you tell me what changes or gets better? Also how big are both disks installed because got a old 15gb xbox. Thought about buying a 32gb flashdrive to have the best GTA5 experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it Anita Sarkeesian's worst nightmare?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.