Where do you want GTA V to be set?

• 150 results
#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
#2 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

P.S. Anything AMERICA is option number 1. Don't use "Another big city" for a US City 

I for one think that one of the major reasons Grand Theft Auto is so fucking astounding is because it's set in America.

Rockstar have become the masters of depicting the United States society in its various forms and locations, their stories are excellent tales from the life of modern America, their satire and mockery through the radio stations, the sprawling world in real time with all the AI and their behavior, NPC speech, in-world advertisements and the story itself is top notch. 

Grand Theft Auto would lose its hardhitting charm if it no longer tells the tale of one man struggling in modern day America.
#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11716 posts) -

Space!

#4 Edited by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

I always wished there was a Las Vegas GTA. EDIT: The real one, not the one that was in SA.

#5 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

I want to go back to Vice City, so my choice is other.

#6 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Anywhere but Liberty City.

#7 Posted by Aishan (1011 posts) -

@Lunar_Aura said:

I always wished there was a Las Vegas GTA.

You mean like San Andreas?

#8 Posted by DeeGee (2116 posts) -

Vice City, San Andreas or London.

#9 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

@Aishan: I didn't edit fast enough :(

#10 Posted by owen99 (44 posts) -

im thinking boston,

#11 Posted by Hameyadea (345 posts) -

London!! I want GTA where anyone talks with those crazy thick Scottish/Welsh/English/Irish accents!

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Lunar_Aura said:

I always wished there was a Las Vegas GTA. 

@NegativeCero said:

Anything america = option 1
#13 Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -

America, by far. Why? Because if they would've go to a town like Tokyo or lets say... Stockholm, then I would want to hear that language. And that is not something Rockstar would do, so, please go America! Or Australia. But not UK, the driving would make me go bananas!

#14 Posted by KarlPilkington (2687 posts) -

Considering GTA has already covered Britain and the US I wouldn't mind a city set on mainland Europe.

#15 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@DeeGee said:

Vice City, San Andreas or London.

Exactly my thoughts and in that order. Would love another 80's Miami och 90's LA...but anytime London would also be awesome.

#16 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Modern Day San Andreas, Judging by the way the V in the logo has that dollar style it makes me think of San Andreas. 

I would love San Andreas set in 2012, CJ is like 40 now, has a family to look after, gets dragged back down into gang wars to protect them.

#17 Posted by Daiphyer (1320 posts) -

Somewhere new. Africa. Please.

#18 Posted by hwy_61 (922 posts) -

Chicago! I'm just saying that because it's my hometown, but it would still be awesome.

#19 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

As long as the world is huge like san Andreas, Ill be happy. Preferably in the US.

#20 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

Barcelona.

#21 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

I've love for them to go back to their roots and do the UK, but that won't be happening as the logo hints at a five dollar bill.

So for US-based locals I want something new, Washington says 'money' to me but who knows.

#22 Posted by J0PALACE0K (75 posts) -

But not UK, the driving would make me go bananas!

@CarlSmith said:

Like you drive on the correct side of the road in GTA....

#23 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Same. But then again that would be probably a poor idea and I'm sure they have a much better ones.

#24 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

@J0PALACE0K said:

@CarlSmith said:

Like we drive on the correct side of the road in Australia...

#25 Posted by MachoFantastico (4509 posts) -

Another country, personally feel they've done the whole 'American dream' thing one to many times.

Oh who am I kidding, it'll be some modern day American city again. Wouldn't say no to San Andreas.

#26 Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -

@J0PALACE0K said:

@CarlSmith said:

Kind of, and I am not joking. I really loved the serious tone of GTA IV and I hope that they are continuing on that. Driving around in GTA games have always been great because of the design. I don't think that GTA V will be different. But who knows... Rockstar could make a Rumanian villages fun to play around in so! :)

#27 Posted by PhilipDuck (532 posts) -

California! San Andreas style!

#28 Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

@J0PALACE0K said:

@CarlSmith said:

Like we drive on the correct side of the road in Australia...

Hahahaha! I meant that Australia would be a little more fun. Think of all the narrow roads of London!!!

#29 Posted by J0PALACE0K (75 posts) -

Personally, I would love for there to be a London one just so I could recognise parts etc. but if i'm being honest then I think an environment like Tokyo would be a good direction for the series to go in.

I also agree with other people about the whole 'American Dream' ideology kind of fading now after being done not just in GTA but quite a few modern games.

#30 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

Vice City or San Andreas. I'd prefer Vice City, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was SA if that stuff that leaked has any truth to it. But the one thing that I really don't want them to do is set it in an actual city, which is heavily rumoured. Just something about a GTA in a real world setting just doesn't feel right to me.

#31 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

St. Louis

#32 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Actually you know what I want?

I want for a mission to involve stealing a plane and flying to another country. Go worldwide baby!

#33 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Anywhere in the UK.

They've done enough with the US and the whole "American dream" thing. I'd like to see something a bit different.

#34 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

Oh, those silly 'fucked up' Africans and South Americans!

#35 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk said:

Anywhere but Liberty City.

Hiow about Liberty Citay?  That's what I want.
#36 Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

^

#37 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

The moon

#38 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:
That's fucking racist, what's wrong with you? 

It's certain locations there that are fucked up, not the people you sicko! You know, darfur? for example? Or is it racist to say that that place that's been all over the news for ages is fucked up?
#39 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

Canada.

#40 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -

Anywhere but San Andreas please.

#41 Posted by OldGuy (1517 posts) -
@elsuperdonut said:
Chicago! I'm just saying that because it's my hometown, but it would still be awesome.
I'll second that. Though DC could be fun too.
#42 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Fake Washington DC

#43 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

@Cornman89 said:

Fake Washington DC

This. Not sure if I want it to be there, but that's where I think it will be set. The GTA V logo on R*'s website parodies American legal tender.

#44 Posted by Marz (5646 posts) -

San Andreas again

#45 Posted by dankempster (2249 posts) -

I'll be surprised if the game is set anywhere other than the US. Rockstar parody contemporary american culture so well, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with them setting a GTA game anywhere else. I like the ideas being tossed around that the game might be set in a fictional representation of Washington D.C.

#46 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Mexico CIty

#47 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Russia!

#48 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

London, just because there hasn't been a well done british crime syndicate game to my knowledge. I would love to see our capital in the spotlight :)

Tokyo could also be incredible, admittedly the Yakuza series sort of has this covered already but it would be cool to see rockstar's take on it.

#49 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Lapland.

#50 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

I'd like to see it set in London, that or Edinburgh where Rockstar North is based.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.