Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Halo 4 soundtrack is up!

• 54 results
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I'm downloading the full soundtrack right now. There's an hour left. I'm kind of excited to hear it. I'm listening to Skyfall right now which is OK, and has nothing to do with Halo ha ha. Anyways, awesome! At first, I wasn't so sure about having Neil Davidge do it because of his past works and most of the time it sounding pretty generic, but I like giving everyone a chance when it comes to music on games that come from another place such as film or simply a band and I hope in the final game it brings me into the experience. I think I'm going to put up a Halo 4 wallpaper now. Furthermore, I agree entirely with you about the intensity.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm going to give it a listen. the four or so tracks that have been around for a while are wonderful.

Edit - Wow it is gorgeous. 117 is the most Halo-like of all tracks, it feels a whole lot more film-y than previous Halo soundtracks. Green and Blue is really pretty. I was convinced there wouldn't be another score as amazing as Journey's this year, but this is right up there. Mega excited to play this game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM
    pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By pickassoreborn

Very excited to hear the soundtrack although I'll wait until I hear it when I play the game in full - I'll download the music when I'm done with the game :)

I know Neil Davidage mentioned in that 343 doc about being respectful to the music of the past Halos - plus he's a huge fan of the other games. So yep, excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NTM said:

Hey, there's another spartan in Halo 4!?

http://stickskills.com/omega/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/infinity_lasky_03.jpg

Also, it says "lasky" in the link. Could that mean the characters from Forward Unto Dawn are in this? I'm listening to the full soundtrack now, and it's really quite wonderful. I'm on Legacy, and it has some nice vocals.

Yeah, apparently there are Sparten-4s. Lasky is in Halo 4 and I'm guessing he's also a Spartan-4 himself.

(That's a lot of 4's in one sentence.)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@Tru3_Blu3: Really? That's... CRAZY! Now I'm really excited to see where Forward Unto Dawn is going. I didn't really get a good idea on what the timeline is when comparing Halo 4 to those episodes. How many years before is it?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheFreeMan

Sounds a lot more alien and weird than the older tunes. I like it. Reminds me of Metroid Prime.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadyPingu

I like 117.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NTM said:

@Tru3_Blu3: Really? That's... CRAZY! Now I'm really excited to see where Forward Unto Dawn is going. I didn't really get a good idea on what the timeline is when comparing Halo 4 to those episodes. How many years before is it?

I think Forward Unto Dawn takes place 20-25 years before Halo Reach, right when The Covenant attacked Harvest.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Nilazz

Sweet! :)

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By zombie2011

117 is my favorite so far, but i've only listened to about about 5 of the tracks.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

@Tru3_Blu3: Oh, makes sense. Alright, thanks.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By csl316
    @Tru3_Blu3

@NTM said:

I think Forward Unto Dawn takes place 20-25 years before Halo Reach, right when The Covenant attacked Harvest.

Sounds about right. I think the Covenant war started 27 years before the main trilogy. Looked it up during the Halo stream so I don't remember exactly.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By big_jon

I am really glad to hear that so many people are enjoying Forward Unto Dawn and the soundtrack.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The soundtrack is so fucking good. Wow.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really really good. God damn it Halo! Why do you keep tormenting me with your awesomeness?!

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RVonE

I've been listening to some of the tracks and it sure is load and sweeping; very good. That said, it feels a bit disjointed and seems to be missing some of the leitmotifs joining previous Halo soundtracks together. Still, I look forward to experience this music in the game.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Teoball

I really like Arrival and 117. I'm sure the other tracks works fine in the game, but they aren't really something I can listen to in my car for example.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By AuthenticM

What's the main theme ? Is it "To Galaxy" ?

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RVonE

@AuthenticM said:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. 'To Galaxy' sounds like the one with the most main theme potential. I think the new music is cool but I just kinda miss the old Halo sound.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AuthenticM

@RVonE: The main Halo theme is very iconic, for sure, but we have to understand that 343 is trying to distant themselves to some extent from Bungie while trying to make a game of their own. I respect that. They are going to far as to banning the color purple from the game entirely. If I were the guy at the helm of this new trilogy, I would not reuse any piece of music or anything associated with the previous games. I wouldn't until a key moment towards the ending of Halo 6 where I would drop the motherload that is the Halo theme that we all know and love. People would flip the fuck out.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RVonE

@AuthenticM said:

@RVonE: The main Halo theme is very iconic, for sure, but we have to understand that 343 is trying to distant themselves to some extent from Bungie while trying to make a game of their own. I respect that. They are going to far as to banning the color purple from the game entirely. If I were the guy at the helm of this new trilogy, I would not reuse any piece of music or anything associated with the previous games. I wouldn't until a key moment towards the ending of Halo 6 where I would drop the motherload that is the Halo theme that we all know and love. People would flip the fuck out.

Hmmm yeah, good point. Still, I've listened to this soundtrack in its entirety a couple of times now and I'm kinda worried about the lack of anything really distinguishing it from what's out there. I have not yet found that piece of music on this soundtrack that instantly grabs your attention and could become that iconic thing, you know? There are some nods here and there to the old scores but there isn't really anything in their place, or so I feel. Then again, I can totally picture this music working well with any Halo game, I just wish there was something non-generic to latch onto as a listener.

rudeboy33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rudeboy33
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Is it still Marty O'donnell doing the music? I don't want to listen to the songs before playing the game.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RVonE

@ImmortalSaiyan: No, it's by Neil Davidge so the musical style is completely different.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#27  Edited By Hector

I freaking love the Halo 4 soundtrack. Halo is in good hands! Great job Neil Davidge and 343i!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mrfluke

117 and the first bit of revival are my favorites

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Good stuff but I feel like I need to hear it in the game in the proper context to fully appreciate it.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RVonE

I kind of like what's going on on 'Legacy'.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hatking

Any Breaking Benjamin?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrfluke

@HatKing: thankfully not

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By big_jon

@RVonE said:

@AuthenticM said:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. 'To Galaxy' sounds like the one with the most main theme potential. I think the new music is cool but I just kinda miss the old Halo sound.

It is not on the sound track though it sounds a lot like legacy.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RVonE

@big_jon: Cool, I like that track.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By big_jon

Listening to the soundtrack I have a bad feeling I know where this game is going, needless to say I think it will be an emotional experience.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I don't wanna get this until I play the game, but the few on here are great. Immaterial is amazing. Oh man I can't believe how excited I am for this game, and I say that as a big Halo fan.

EDIT: Sweet jebus I just clued in that it's the same dude who produced Heligoland, one of the best Massive Attack albums. HNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGokimbuyingthis

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By big_jon

Some bonus tracks.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cronus42

@csl316 said:

@Tru3_Blu3

@NTM said:

Sounds about right. I think the Covenant war started 27 years before the main trilogy. Looked it up during the Halo stream so I don't remember exactly.

Sorry to disappoint guys, don't think Laskey is a spartan IV, The comander in Episode 1 who finds the Forward Unto Dawn is older Laskey. Meaning hes probably on/ commanding the Infinity

Anyway on topic, this all sounds incredible. Maybe not as old school Halo-ey, but man is it good.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By csl316
    @Cronus42

@csl316 said:

@Tru3_Blu3

@NTM said:

Sorry to disappoint guys, don't think Laskey is a spartan IV, The comander in Episode 1 who finds the Forward Unto Dawn is older Laskey. Meaning hes probably on/ commanding the Infinity

Anyway on topic, this all sounds incredible. Maybe not as old school Halo-ey, but man is it good.

Oh, neat. Didn't make the connection since I didn't know who Laskey was, but they clearly say it.
    rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rawrz

I was pretty skeptical about a Martyless Halo soundtrack but this soundtrack turned out pretty damn great. Its quite different and has more of a movie feel to it, though it did make me miss the monk chants and classic tribal drums.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By stenchlord

Arrival really sounds like something I've heard before. It's one of those it's definitely different but it somehow reminds me of something...

EDIT: Enemy at the Gates. Very different songs but Arrival reminded me of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIsaBn4kio

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NTM

@Cronus42 said:

@csl316 said:

@Tru3_Blu3

@NTM said:

Whether it's him or not, it makes no difference really when it comes to disappointment for me. I just think it's interesting if it were him, if it's not, then OK.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By murisan

@NTM said:

@Cronus42 said:

@csl316 said:

@Tru3_Blu3

@NTM said:

Whether it's him or not, it makes no difference really when it comes to disappointment for me. I just think it's interesting if it were him, if it's not, then OK.

Wait, who are you guys talking about in that screenshot? Isn't the woman in the armor a Spartan?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NTM

@murisan: To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm guessing the guy on the right because he looks more important than the other. We're not talking about the Spartan woman.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By big_jon

@NTM: @murisan: Her name is Commander Palmer, she is a Spartan 4, the commander of the Spartans aboard the USS Infinity. Lasky is not a Spartan, though he is a high ranking officer aboard the Infinity.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Scrawnto

@RVonE said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: No, it's by Neil Davidge so the musical style is completely different.

Huh, I thought he was, but I must have been thinking of Frank O'Conner. I'll have to give this a listen.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is all I need.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By DharmaBum

@Skyfire543: mad Halo 3 menu nostalgia <3

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RVonE

@Skyfire543: SO GOOD!!

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Skyfire543: there's a remix of it in halo 4 but for some reason Microsoft have removed it, I belive Niel Dvaidge himself has said it's in there, you can hear it over the top of this video and Ducain talks about it at the start http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ST3Ph1OG4&feature=plcp

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.