Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Beta = Meh

• 61 results
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By tebbit
    @Baillie said:
    " You guys bashing the OP for his opinion is embarrassing. I see the 'upgraded' graphics and it doesn't look all that great. Surely they could've pumped more out with a brand new engine? I mean, aren't they like the biggest IP in the world?  Like others have said, I'm starting to get extremely bored with the Halo franchise, and adding these small little things aren't really wetting my appetite. The game still plays like an advanced version of Halo 2. I used to play COD2 all the time, and absolutely loved it. Since then, COD4 has changed the game, then MW2 has changed it even more. Sure the actual shooting is the same, but you can really tell there are big changes from all 3 games.   Halo: Reach is going to be great due to the campaign/co-op. I just hope they do something to freshen up the game online. "
    What he said.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By apathylad

It will be interesting to see whether or not Bungie supports Reach in the long term now that they are under contract with Activision.

FullmetalPopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By FullmetalPopo

it's a whole new experience.. If you weren't planning on liking it you won't but if you're a halo fan you will. Me I stood up for 48 hours playing the beta and got 100 games in the first 20.. Besides the bugs I found the beta a really fun new halo experience..
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By JonathanMoore

I was just round my friends and they were playing the Beta. It looked exceptionally Halo to me... and they were like "Yeah well it IS Halo innit"... 

I don't think they understand or realized what I meant...

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By ChillyUK7

I like the beta, ive had a lot more fun with it than I did with Halo 3, the controls seem sharper although that's probably just me, the graphics are better,  there are more weapons that I enjoy using i.e. the pistol, DMR, Needler Rifle and Grenade Launcher, the inclusion of different abilities for Spartans/Elites is cool (nothing like dodging a grenade as an Elite) but having said that there are a few problems like AL being too overpowered as well as grenades (i wont go into it because that argument is going nowhare). 

Even though the game has made improvements over Halo 3 I still feel they should have went in a completely different route to Halo 3 and previous Halo's. This is afterall the last game in the series and after all the rumors about it being in 3rd/first person, cover/squad mechanics etc it is a little disappointing it ended up feeling very similar to past Halo's.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @Baillie said:
    " You guys bashing the OP for his opinion is embarrassing. I see the 'upgraded' graphics and it doesn't look all that great. Surely they could've pumped more out with a brand new engine? I mean, aren't they like the biggest IP in the world?  Like others have said, I'm starting to get extremely bored with the Halo franchise, and adding these small little things aren't really wetting my appetite. The game still plays like an advanced version of Halo 2. I used to play COD2 all the time, and absolutely loved it. Since then, COD4 has changed the game, then MW2 has changed it even more. Sure the actual shooting is the same, but you can really tell there are big changes from all 3 games.   Halo: Reach is going to be great due to the campaign/co-op. I just hope they do something to freshen up the game online. "

The changes from CoD 4 to MW2 do not dramatically change the game, just as the changes from Halo 3 and Halo: Reach don't dramatically change the game. In both there are very noticeable changes that differentiate aspects in each game but they are still very much Call of Duty or Halo.

In my personal opinion, Halo: Reach has done a great job at modernizing Halo.
    RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RedneckedCrake
    @Zuul said:
    " It's just more Halo. if you really thought that it would be different, you are sorely mistaken.   And I hate grenade spam... "
    Can't agree more. The grenade spam is the worst aspect of the online. 

I did like the different classes tho. It was a good change away from the normal MP.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By kishan6
    @Trilogy said:
    " This thread = meh "
    True 
    and people need to stop using linkyshinks pic
    Springz45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Springz45

this game is only going to appeal to halo fan whores.. i thought the beta was okay and i play it when my friends are online but its not one of those games that im going to pop in and go find a team online.. sorry halo but your dead now.
    superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By superfriend

The gameplay is the same?! You don´t play a lot of shooters do you? Yes, the basic movement and controls are similar, but this game feels like a huge step in another direction for Halo. Play a Team Swat game in Halo 3 and then in the Reach Beta and you´ll see. The way those guns handle, the way everything seems to be geared towards accuracy and faster kills. It is a really striking difference. Not to mention the armor abilities and increased focus on grenades/infantry combat.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Joshakazam
    @100_Hertz said:
    " @AnimalFather:   Yeah.  I'm buying Reach solely for the campaign/ co-op.  I could care less about the multiplayer. "
    This.
    UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx
    @AnimalFather said:
    " the graphics arent better, the gameplay is the same. the level design is the same bore. you can fly now and turn into a kneeling statue hoptidooo. They could have done this with a patch for halo 3.    halo = rip. "
    While I can't tell you to change your opinions (I mostly actually agree), the graphics are pretty spectacular from a purely technical perspective. I noticed the number of simultaneous particles alone during my own gameplay enough to be highly impressed by the new rendering engine they're using.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.