Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Love it when a griefer gets his just deserves

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By wubb

Oops, title should be 'just deserts'  

BTB match yesterday and a jackass on my own team plasma pistols my ghost and runs up to beat me down and steal it.  I knew what he was doing as soon as he hit me with the PP shot (after missing twice prior) so I hopped off to avoid the betrayal.   I mean, really?  A ghost?  You are going to attempt to betray me to steal a ghost?

Anyway, I gave him a whack and pumped a few DMR shots into him as a parting gift, hoping he would die before he recovered...  And, it worked out perfectly as he disappeared over a hill and died a few seconds later.

The icing on the cake is the red team jumped in his ghost with another guy riding on top of it for some reason.  They attempted to splatter me right after they hopped in/on, but I went into armor lock and got the double kill for both the driver and the surfer.

Video in my file share, check it out if you like.  Also any suggestions on better ways to record the action?  I haven't played around with the flycam much and it's probably confusing as to which guy I am and what the heck happens without the explanation.
      http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7630588&player=wubb

Armor Lock Beats Revenant.  Blew up this Rev with AL just before the Ghost sequence.
    Armor Lock Beats Revenant.  Blew up this Rev with AL just before the Ghost sequence.

Shot of the two red guys blowing up on one ghost.  The lower guy was enjoying some ghost surfing before I rudely spoiled the party.
    Shot of the two red guys blowing up on one ghost.  The lower guy was enjoying some ghost surfing before I rudely spoiled the party.

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By zegolf

Actually, wouldn't it be "desserts?"

Two S's because you always want seconds of dessert.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wubb
    @zegolf said:
    " Actually, wouldn't it be "desserts?"  Two S's because you always want seconds of dessert. "
    I like it. 
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Romination  Online
    @zegolf said:
    "Two S's because you always want seconds of dessert. "
    I remember it because of that. Also, when you're talking about the principal of a school, it's "pal" because you want them to be your friend. 
    uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uniform

Just Deserts.

No Caption Provided

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zegolf
     Also just deserts.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Some people can be mildly cretinous in the game.
    I've been killed several times during Firefight matches because of team mates using the target locater where I'm standing, just to get the kills.

It'd be nice if they could update the mode to give death some kind of penalty.. People just go all out crazy in it to get the kills and there's no sense of team work what-so-ever.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I know this thread is on the Reach board but I do have one very memorable moment from Halo 3 like that. There was a guy who had been going around corpse-humping for a good part of the match and generally making himself look like an idiot. When the match ended I died about the same time the other team hit 50 kills and this guy comes over and starts vigorously crouching up and down on my body. Presumably he was unaware of his team-mate standing behind him who looked at him for about a second and then immediately ran forward and hit him in the back, killing him, as if to say "The fuck do you think you're doing?" before proceeding to corpse-hump him. Justice was served.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By big_jon

I will check it out and give it a thumbs up. 

Why has nobody else done this? Jerks,
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Kyreo
    @Romination said:
    " @zegolf said:
    "Two S's because you always want seconds of dessert. "
    I remember it because of that. Also, when you're talking about the principal of a school, it's "pal" because you want them to be your friend.  "
    Nice.  I never learned that one.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Raymayne

You can take the term 'griefer' back to fucking Minecraft, douche.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By TheHBK

Dude, as a longtime griefer, I know that getting betrayed by a teammate and getting killed almost immediately come with the territory.  I mean, you got to think man.  If I find fun in just making it hard for you to get into a vehicle, why would I care about what happens to me on the enemy side of the map.  As I see it, dying over there just means a fast return back to base and closer to my teammates to continue griefing them. 

Everyone hop into the warthog, we running off the edge of the cliff.  Oh, I'm jumping out so you get a suicide and I avoid the betrayal!  Yeah!!!

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wubb

One "s" is proper in this usage, not that it really matters.  (Yes, I had to google to be sure.)

@WinterSnowblind:
    I think they removed friendly fire from firefight in the last update, but not 100% sure.   I'm not sure if I mind the unlimited lives thing in FF or not.  If they were limited you'd end up having crappy team mates (or griefers...) quickly use up all the lives and ruin the match.  But, I think the BWU has hinted they might limit respawns in Firefight with a future update.

@Gamer_152:
    That sort of thing always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

@big_jon:
    Much obliged.  It's unfortunate there is no easy way to make Reach clips viewable online without Bungie Pro.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @wubb said:
    " One "s" is proper in this usage, not that it really matters.  (Yes, I had to google to be sure.)

@WinterSnowblind:
    I think they removed friendly fire from firefight in the last update, but not 100% sure.   I'm not sure if I mind the unlimited lives thing in FF or not.  If they were limited you'd end up having crappy team mates (or griefers...) quickly use up all the lives and ruin the match.  But, I think the BWU has hinted they might limit respawns in Firefight with a future update.

@Gamer_152:
    That sort of thing always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

@big_jon: Much obliged.  It's unfortunate there is no easy way to make Reach clips viewable online without Bungie Pro. "

Ive had been killed because someone just wanted the sniper rifle. I was like "WTF" really..didnt we leave this in CE? 
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Romination  Online
    @Kyreo: As a young boy who spent a lot of time in the principals office, I know a thing or two about spelling it...
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By audiosnag

Griefers are douchebags. Team killers are douchebags.
    I don't get the appeal of that at all.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @zegolf said:
    "
     Also just deserts.

"
    God, I love Spaceballs.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Deusoma
    @Raymayne said:
    " You can take the term 'griefer' back to fucking Minecraft, douche. "
    What planet are you from, good sir? The term is incredibly common in multiplayer gaming.
    zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zegolf
    @Deusoma said:
    " @Raymayne said:
    " You can take the term 'griefer' back to fucking Minecraft, douche. "
    What planet are you from, good sir? The term is incredibly common in multiplayer gaming. "
    Probably from Planet Druidia.
    wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wubb

Took a few screen captures from this match yesterday, partly because they are a hell of a lot easier to share online.  Added them to the original post.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jack_daniels

Taking shit about the enemy team is awesome, being a douche bag on to your own team is fucking lame. I hate when I get the banshe or tank and my fellow teammates start shooting me because they think they 'deserved' it. First come First serve.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.