Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Could the game be banned in Australia?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

Fallout 3 was banned in Australia because of drug use and after just listening to the bombcast about how some of the characters are addicted to drugs I am starting to worry about the game making in Australia, what do you think?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Well considering they censored Left 4 Dead 2 because it was too "violent," then I assume by the time Heavy Rain reaches Australia you'll just be playing a game where people discuss the least interesting shit. Yay for run-on sentences!

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Evilsbane

There are boobs, I would be surprised if it makes it to the downunder.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

It wouldnt suprise me if it got banned but I hope it doesnt, and the rest of us better not suffer if it does end up getting censored there 

I want that game to be completly uncensored, otherwise it wouldnt be the same experience

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kohe321

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. :/

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yukoei

'Light Rain: The super happy fun fun land of oragami making!!!'....its possible.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yukoei
    @Lydian_Sel said:
    " There's no telling just how this game will fair with the inconsistency of the bannings in the past, it all depends on who's selected to evaluate the game. I have to have faith that Heavy Rain will come off as a more intelligent & unique entry compared to some of the more recent bans like Left 4 Dead 2 or the new Alien vs Predator which can admittedly be seen by those unfamiliar with games as gratuitously violent game play with lack-lustre justification. "
    Well, I know this wasnt banned here but you know the MW2 Airport scene, why was it hated on? It was to realistic, if Australia freak out about a game where drugs is like less than 1% of the game and is really fake how will they react to realistic drug taking? not very well.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think there's a very real possibility of it getting banned in Australia.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yukoei
    @Lydian_Sel said:
    " @Yukoei said:
    " @Lydian_Sel said:
    " There's no telling just how this game will fair with the inconsistency of the bannings in the past, it all depends on who's selected to evaluate the game. I have to have faith that Heavy Rain will come off as a more intelligent & unique entry compared to some of the more recent bans like Left 4 Dead 2 or the new Alien vs Predator which can admittedly be seen by those unfamiliar with games as gratuitously violent game play with lack-lustre justification. "
    Well, I know this wasnt banned here but you know the MW2 Airport scene, why was it hated on? It was to realistic, if Australia freak out about a game where drugs is like less than 1% of the game and is really fake how will they react to realistic drug taking? not very well. "
     Like I said, it depends on who's selected to evaluate the game. The members of each panel are chosen at random, hence the great inconsistency of the banning selections. The same people who made the decision to reject Fallout 3 won't be the same people making a decision on Heavy Rain. "
    Hmm...so that is why GTAIV didnt get banned for killing authority but L4D2 did? Crazy country we live in (I am assuming you live in Australia ^.^).
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FunExplosions

They will probably end up wanting to censor it, and if the developers are smart, they'll deny doing that and just not release it down there.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yukoei
    @FunExplosions said:
    " They will probably end up wanting to censor it, and if the developers are smart, they'll deny doing that and just not release it down there. "
    How would that make them smart? wont they make more money?
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#15  Edited By Lazyaza

Fallout 3 was never banned here, when it got refused classification they changed the names of the drugs in all versions and it got relabeled ma15+ and released the same time as everywhere else. 
    They also left in the extreme gore too which for some reason was never mentioned when they originally rc'd it.

Yet in L4d2 you basically have the same level of gore only its happening to just zombies and not humans but they rc'd that.   Fear 2 had worse gore than both those games and it was initially rc'd but then they decided to let it pass when it was resubmitted.  It wasn't edited or anything either. Basically the point is you cant predict anything when it comes to game bans here because the system is utterly broken.  Any game with any kind of iffy content can be banned. Some do some don't, they've never really followed a consistent system.

Luckily things will most likely change in the next elections here, whenever that happens.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Yukoei said:
    " @FunExplosions said:
    " They will probably end up wanting to censor it, and if the developers are smart, they'll deny doing that and just not release it down there. "
    How would that make them smart? wont they make more money? "
    If they are smart about their game, they will want to preserve the game's original image and feel. If they feel they want to put sex or drugs in their game, then they will do so. And they shouldn't have to dumb it down for anyone.

If you wanna talk about Fallout 3, well then we might as well just talk about "selling out" in whole.
    Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Vamino

Honestly, I don't think it will. 

On the off chance it does though.. PS3 game, import ahoy. 

Far more likely to get banned is God of War 3. Scene where you pull of dude's head to use as a weapon. Can't see that going well. Likewise though, PS3 game, so it's all good in a roundabout sort of way.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By super_machine

Yes, it will be banned or heavily censored. Nobody wants to see the wholesome and morally upright Australian society corrupted by evil video game.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yukoei

Any news yet guys?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By mordukai
    @super_machine said:
    " Yes, it will be banned or heavily censored. Nobody wants to see the wholesome and morally upright Australian society corrupted by evil video game. "
    I knew Michael Atikns was trotting the GB forums. 
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yukoei
    @Mordukai said:
    " @super_machine said:
    " Yes, it will be banned or heavily censored. Nobody wants to see the wholesome and morally upright Australian society corrupted by evil video game. "
    I knew Michael Atikns was trotting the GB forums.  "
    SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEE
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Djeffers03

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh they might hear you!

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NoDeath
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By metal_mills
    @NoDeath said:
    " Nope. It passed with an MA15+ rating.

linky-link "
    I knew it would. Fahrenheit was completely unedited too. I knew this would too. Probably because it takes a more mature view point and the old shits at the OFLC accept that better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.