Rare Image of Kamiya-San

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Japanese videogame site Hachimaki have unearthed a very rare image of Bayonetta's producer Hideki Kamiya, with hair!. 

Kamiya Now 
 &

Kamiya Then
But when is then exactly?. I know he was bald during development of Okami and Viewtiful Joe, so the natural question I ask is, was he also during Resident Evil 2 or Devil May Cry?   

On another note, check out Ninja duder Tomonobu Itagaki's old look, and Yakuza 4 director Toshihiro Nagoshi's. They both looked rather dull in comparison to how they look now: 

Itagaki Then 

&

Itagaki Now 

Nagoshi Then 

& 

Nagoshi Now 

http://blog.livedoor.jp/htmk73/archives/2263948.html
#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Itagaki looks like a bad mother, the others look like they just went on a big bro out and raided A&F.

#3 Edited by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

Haha, shows how the money goes to your head I guess?  They look nerdy back in the day but like they're trying too hard now.  Probably a happy medium in there.

But than again maybe this isn't a big deal there, I never have understood Japanese fashion.

#4 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Nagoshi lost weight or got swapped by aliens.

#5 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Take off the hair 

TAKE OFF THE HAIR!!

#6 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Holy crap Kamiya-san looks so funny with hair. XD I think he looks rather attractive with a shaved head, I guess he's going to keep that look from now on. I also think Itagaki looks better with longer hair.

#7 Posted by ZagZagovich (755 posts) -

I can see Kamiya getting drunk in a bar after a bad day and punching somebody.

#8 Posted by Joker_777 (326 posts) -

They look like a Japanese Status Quo.

#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (15856 posts) -

He looks younger now...

#10 Posted by Nasar7 (2610 posts) -

These are the epic mid-life crises of gaming.

#11 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

Itagaki looks like he would kick my ass for no good reason. Like, if were to brush up against his shoulder by accident he would just go Oldboy on me.

Also, Nagoshi looks like he's high.

#12 Edited by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

Hahaha. Very cool find duder!

#13 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Making Video games makes you look Badass!!

#14 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

None can match the original!

#15 Posted by Duffyside (885 posts) -

Kamiya is the fucking man.

Don't let the second picture fool you though, it's just the angle that makes him look kinda nerdy. There's a picture of him even younger in a biker jacket next to his mother where he looks like the same man he is today. Kamiya has always been a bad-ass. You don't become the greatest game developer; you're born that way.

#16 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@jkuc316: dear god thank you for unearthing this gem

#17 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@Duffyside said:

There's a picture of him even younger in a biker jacket next to his mother where he looks like the same man he is today.

#18 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

OH LINKYSHINKS, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND GET BANNED!

#19 Posted by Nomin (964 posts) -

Video games do funny things to the Japanese. 

Hint: it makes them a little crazy. 

#20 Posted by Duffyside (885 posts) -

@Icemael said:

@Duffyside said:

There's a picture of him even younger in a biker jacket next to his mother where he looks like the same man he is today.

The woman then exploded into a magical wonder of hair and was transformed into Bayonetta simply from touching the man known as Kamiya.

#21 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Lol, Linkyshinks.

#22 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Goddammit! Didn't notice this was a necropost.

#23 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -
@jkuc316: No problem, I was just browsing through pages and found this

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.