Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

The sixth game in IO Interactive's stealth murder franchise, simply titled Hitman, adopts an episodic design which continually introduces new assassination contracts for players to undertake.

Elusive Target central Season Finale

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@ripelivejam: Yah I really regret getting the intro pack - but I really wanted to try the "beta" and also wasn't sure if this was going to be a good Hitman or not. Now I'm in this limbo where I don't want to redo the two tutorial missions and Paris all over again on PC.. but I don't want to get ripped off on buying the upgrade pack on PS4 either. Simultaneously I'm really worried how the support for this game will look like after the boxed version is released - they'll have to do another full season of Elusive Targets for those people I assume?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@dudeglove: Since the elusive targets are actually bespoke events with unique dialoge and they aren't simply procedurally generated they either have to loop around or make even more content. How do you think the looping around works for people that already played through the entire "season" so to speak? Do the leaderboards simply get reset? Do they care about continuity?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's on

KentPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck 47...
    Good luck 47...

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

Took out the Broker fairly easily (Stumbled into him near the patio area, then waited for him to go behind the water. Silent takedown (crowbar) of his guard then him, and pistol shot to finish him off. Dumped both bodies in the water - got spotted on the second on, but just booked it and got away fine.), and spent AGES looked the egg. Ended up looking up the location (had other stuff I needed to get done), and realised I walked past it at least once :/

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By pyrodactyl

Did SA on this one. Second elusive target silent assassin. 8/8

Threw a coin to lure him on that puddle of water outside and electrocuted him. Disguised as crew no one noticed me tamper with the wire and power. Knocked both guards upstairs by luring one in the bathroom and throwing a bust at the scond one. Broke into the safe with a crowbar (that is one bad safe).

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209  Edited By DystopiaX

@pyrodactyl: also did silent assassin

Started in the kitchen as palace staff just to get quick access to disable cameras in the basement. Basically did the Helmet Kruger opportunity to get at the egg- got the safe key out of dahlia's office, then took the egg when the guard was looking away. Went back downstairs and used the screwdriver on the puddle of water the guy passes by, then waited for him to step into it- after one "rotation" he just walks up to it and begins to use his phone, no coin necessary. Then just leave out the front.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caused general chaos at the show. Tried to strangle the target, got shot immediately. I must be the loudest and least succesfull hitman in the world. :-(

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#212  Edited By rethla

This was my first elusive target and it went messy but the target is eliminated and the mission is successfull. Im not sure i like the timed exclusiveness of these mission but you getting only one shot at it amps up the hitmanexperience alot. There where many times i would have reloaded in a normal playthrough. Looking forward to more elusive targets now when i have finally gotten time to start playing this damn game.

I entered the mission like normal but having coins swapped out for a lockpick just incase. Headed to the party on the porch and found the target all alone in the garden having a phonecall. I went as far from the partying people as i could and stood in the corner of the garden and drew my gun. Noone got suspicious when i had my gun out and the target was still talking on the phone with his back to me so this was as perfect as it gets. I fired a well aimed shot at his neck but somehow it just flew by him and he got suspicious. Fortune favors the bold i thought and emptied the entire clip on the target and managed to hit some civilians behind him aswell. All hell broke loose and at least 10 guards started running towards me with drawn weapons. Having seen a pro do this earlier in the day i ran to the shed in Helmuts garden and hid in the corpse sized box. It didnt work out as i think an panicing bartender managed to see me enter the box. Now i had basicly every guard on this side of the map aiming at me inside a box and just waiting for me to come out, things where going pretty good.

I waited for about 5min and realized i was never gonna loose the combat status. I jumped out of the window and following the strategies of another pro i used serpentine movements heading for the speedboat exit on the far side of the garden. There was an single guard just standing there guarding the speedboat so i clubbed him down with my wrench (i had grabbed an wrench becose my initial plan was to open gasvalves around the target since he looked like a smoker on the intel) and took his outfit. Tabula rasa!

When i got back the building was almost completly empty since 90% or the visitors and personell had evacuated and the fasion show was canceled. Something must have happened her i thought.

From here on everything went smooth sailing. With the guard outfit i could move freely in the entire building exept up and down the stairs. I eventually scaled the bulding and conveniently enough entered the top floor via the room with the safekey just lying around. In the saferoom i lured the guards into the bathroom one by one by overflowing the sink and then i just grabbed the egg and scaled down the bulding same way i came, exiting via the helicopter for extra style points.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is the first one I failed and I failed in a spectacularly dumb way.

I tampered with the power board in the puddle before turning off the power.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Success! Hitman is exhilarating!

Started as a tech guy on the second floor before I was told the target was on the First Floor (I thought he might start near the auction). Found him downstairs near the bar and followed him for ages. He mentioned in a phone call where the egg was. Got him with the power board in the puddle of water. I did the same thing @ivdamke did but I must have come at it from a better direction as I didn't get zapped. It took a while for him to get across the puddle, I thought he was never going to do it, he kept taking the first stairs to the bar. I had the power off as I didn't want any randoms to ruin my grand plan. Was about to change tactic when I saw him walking the right way. Power on - dead

Getting the bloody egg was the hard part. I figured I'd missed my Helmut chance. I got upstairs as my tech guy, then up again as Auction Staff. Couldn't get in to her bloody room though. Got the safe key from the desk (though in the heat of the moment I ended up picking the safe lock anyway). Spent ages trying to work out a way in. Eventually I distracted the guard near the auction with a coin and set off the fire alarm. Ran around to the other entrance. Most guards went in to lock down mode and got Dalia out of there. One guard stayed in the room but was looking out over the show - pushed him off the ledge, got the egg (lock pick, idiot), not noticed at all (well security cameras earlier, but I wasn't going to bother with them) and walked out. Lost some points for the dead guard, but I feel pretty good about it all.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was super cautious. I killed 43 people to get that damn egg, many with a cleaver.

Scoured basically the entire building before finding the egg location. Killed my target very early, but it ended up being a 90 minute run. Was tense and exhilarating.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made another shortish video of my kill, would have been shorter but had to include the egg of course. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to kill him. I'm satisfied with the way I did it. But wish my shot was better, lost track of his body during the... well, you'll see.

Loading Video...

Set up a bunch of fire extinguishers and propane tanks to go off to kill him, figured they made a point about his smoking, so I would ironically kill him with fire extinguishers, and somewhat less ironically with some propane tanks, just to sure up the explosion, which I apparently underestimated. I completely lost track of his body during the explosion, found him some 30 feet away or so in between two benches.
    After that I ATTEMPTED to silently knock someone out and take their guard uniform to sneak upstairs, but someone else saw me and I had to kill them both.
    I mean I didn't HAVE to kill them both, but I did have to knock them out so figured in for a penny in for a pound. And after that I shot 4 more dudes in my way, stole the egg and got out of there.

capshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke said:

So this is the first one I failed and I failed in a spectacularly dumb way.

I tampered with the power board in the puddle before turning off the power.

I missed out on the first two elusive targets because I didn't buy the game until June, but I've been pretty proud of the fact that I've succeeded with all of the others. Unfortunately, I did the exact same thing as you on this one. I was initially upset with myself for making such a dumb mistake, but, upon reflection, it was a pretty entertaining outcome.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if I was the only one this happened to, but after tracked the target for a while I figured I'd go grab the egg first. So I did that went back downstairs and I could never find him again and his loop seemed to have vanished

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capshot: It was a 'you can't do anything but laugh' moment for me. It took me about 5 seconds to realize what I'd done and then I just burst out laughing. In the end I had a good story to tell friends who play the game which was more amusing than "yea I beat that Elusive too."

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#220  Edited By notnert427

SA on this one. First I went and collected a bunch of throwables. I chose the room beside the bar area that's pretty sparsely populated for my chaos. I KO'd the lady in the bathroom, coined the security guard over, KO'd him, and then when the target got in that room, I tossed some objects to lead him to the middle of the room, but his guard caught up, so I threw more objects to get his guard over by the bathrooms. Wrench to back of head. I was disappointed I couldn't take the guard outfit to take out the target as his bodyguard, so I coined the target over by my bathrooms of unconsciousness, then threw a knife at him. One objective down.

Still dressed in security garb, I headed up to the second floor and snagged the boat key. Knowing the security get-up won't get me far on the third floor, I went over by the sheikh's room. Sheikh was nowhere to be found, so I led a guard over to the adjacent room. A lead pipe to his head and I had the bodyguard suit. I went up to the attic via the ladder and waltzed into the office to grab the key, then went into the safe room. I waited patiently for Margolis to path through so she couldn't interrupt me, then opened the bathroom door and threw an object to lead one of the guards in. I choked him out, and tossed him in the closet. Then I threw an object again, and as the other guard headed into the bathroom, I nabbed the egg. I walked through the auction, out the patio door, and slid down the pipe. I found my way to the boat and sped away. 5 stars. I'm 6/6, having been out of town for two of them. This was SA #2.

@zolroyce: Please keep doing those videos; they're hilarious and great. Love the clever kill, and the tight editing. Well done, 47.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: A) I love 'bathrooms of unconsciousness' it sounds like an old 70's science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick or something haha. Congratulations on the SA.

B) Thank you so much! Super happy my dumb fun work is being enjoyed! As long as there are explosive stupid ways to kill these targets in Hitman, I'll keep making videos.

thornbush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capshot: Add me to the list of doing this. Unfortunately I had actually gone and got the egg first which made it frustrating, but I also couldn't help but laugh.

britxmenyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just found something entirely new doing this elusive target. The egg was no problem, because Diana said in the intro it's in a locker, I did all the Escalations so I knew where they might be. To no surprises, I found it in Dalia's office, got it after distract one of the guards. Also, if you follow the target, he'll talk about the egg being on the top floor, and the security guards on the second floor talk about the egg as well.

OK, now the target, he is very easy to find despite the lack of info in the intro movie. His routine is somewhat random, he's route is set in location but out of order. I followed him for a long time, couldn't kill him because he's always close to the public. I put a sniper in the shed and smuggled it near the garden besides the bar, however, I cannot go any further with the gun because everyone would see me. I dropped it in the garden, and then, he and his body guard showed up. His body guard sees the gun and carried it to the weapon's box, left him alone in the garden, and that was the end of him. I totally forgot you can break AI routine by place a gun on the ground, if you know where the closest weapon's box is, you can plan out your attack accordingly. I should test on the "weapon's box" method in a normal mission. This game is very very good you guys!

futuretuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

Managed to get the Broker, but then kind of fell out of the world while looking for the egg

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started playing the game today after buying it a few days ago. I wanted to do this elusive target before it went away, so I gave it a try after I finished the Paris mission. I had to do a lot of reloading during the Paris mission, which I would like to think was me learning how to play. To my surprise, the elusive target went off without a hitch! I grabbed the egg first and then shot the Broker with my silenced pistol from a window. Escaped no one the wiser. Nothing fancy, but I'm pretty proud of how clean and smooth everything was. Feels good.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

off topic but:

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@artisanbreads: I saw that, too. I'm 100% behind them iterating on this formula. It's a winner. Just keep releasing levels, and I'll keep buying them.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@futuretuesday: Huh, sooo seeing as how you activated it by killing The Broker, you couldn't restart right? Or could you? Did you get out?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#229  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@notnert427: I'm with you. Personally I think I need the hits to go up in creativity just a bit to get to my Blood Money high standard but everything else about this is fantastic. The episodic release really works. Seems to be opening it up to more and more people too.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

@notnert427: I'd reinvest. I paid for the whole thing, but have already gotten 20 hours out of the 3 levels released so far - really encourages trying different things. In Hitman Absolution (the only one I've played before this, which I thought was an alright game but it was broken because - disguises sucked and shooting people was too easy), I played a level, moved on, until I finished the game.

So far with Hitman I've reached 18/20 Mastery Level on Paris and really want to work through Sapienza and Marrakesh which I've both done more than once anyway. Start to really feel like I know the levels. Cool game. Would for sure buy more seasons.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one thing that really bugs me about this game is that it's almost impossible to know when a silenced pistol will be useful. Somehow I can wander into a room of high class criminals and shoot down a chandelier, killing my target, without anyone noticing, but if I set off a fireworks display while hiding behind some shrubs and see everyone look up, everyone in the mansion is immediately on to me when I try and shoot my target who is smoking alone.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Elusive Target incoming this Friday (August 26th)
    Here is what we know about him so far, absolutely nothing.

icecoldfreezie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deus Ex character I'm guessing? It could be fun to have to find someone who's sneaking around and hacking stuff

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#235  Edited By mike

How do you guys feel about starting a new topic when Elusive Targets are announced and closing the previous one at the same time? The OP is becoming cluttered and reading this topic and trying to make sense of things after the fact is becoming more difficult every week.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

I just bought the game recently so this'll be my first elusive target. Really hope someday they do reruns of the targets that i've missed.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By pyrodactyl

@mike: I don't know, there are a bunch of cool stories, screenshots and videos about elusive targets on here and losing all that stuff every time a new target comes out would be a bummer. I will clean out the OP

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#238  Edited By mike

@pyrodactyl: That's not really going to solve the problem, though. We still have one topic for what is essentially numerous different discussions all at the same time, and they're blending into one another. And the old stores aren't "lost", they would be in the Hitman forum forever.

The old topics don't even have to be closed. In fact at this point I don't see a reason why there shouldn't be a new thread for each Target that is released, they aren't that frequent anyway.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By pyrodactyl

@mike: I really don't see what the problem is. Having one place recording people's experience with elusive targets was the goal of this thread.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By ZolRoyce

@mike: I've been kind of looking at this thread like when Game of Thrones seasons roll around, the entire season is contained to one thread, and every time a new episode is out, its postpostpostpostpost then it dries up until the next episode is out then postpostpostpost etc. It's talking about multiple episodes but all in one thread, kind of feels the same with this thread.
    But it wouldn't really be a bother having separate threads either I don't think. I like the idea of them being left open instead of locked afterwards, though at some point an Elusive Target is just gone forever so having a conversation about it kind of naturally goes away because literally no one is doing it anymore haha. @pyrodactyl has been doing the heavy lifting as far as updating these targets go though so I give more weight to what he thinks.

Sooo long story short, I'm cool with whatever happens as long as we have the threads to talk about the targets, but if everybody wants the thread to stay open I'd be more down with that.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Hat elusive target was not particularly good. Dangerous too. So for those that care, unless the mission is randomized somehow:

- The two hackers are in the attic and are in the room where you would usually find the vampire magician suit (which now sits outside the room) so you know which one it is with the bag outside. It's a "new" area and there's now also a keycard required to get in.

- The Sheikh is not in the map (unless he's wandering somewhere?).

- Upon getting access to the room it seems that all the windows are buffered off with sound proofing, meaning I couldn't snipe into the room.

Unless there are different ways to get in, or mine was just broken somehow...

- I got a Cicada security suit, but that wing of the building is FILLED with about a dozen security who will see through your disguise. There are narrow windows of opportunity to sneak past, but just barely.

This took me the better part of an hour to do, at which point I had gotten fed up with a non-lethal run and. Knowing what I do now, I would

- Get the tapes wiped in the basement (didn't risk it on my way out)

- Get a security suit and make your way through the attic

- Knock out the guard outside the room to get a keycard (no idea if another one is elsewhere)

- Take the scaffolding steps down directly opposite the target room and march to the basement exit.

About the only consolation is that the target does not suspect Cicada suits. But hey! At least I killed someone other than Gary Busey.

Good luck everyone!

The sheik is in his usual spot, the first time I tried the mission I got to where he usually is and he was right there.

How I did it:

Started in the attic . Right outside there's a cicada guard alone, took him out. Made way to other side of the attic. At this point there are a couple guards who will see though the disguise but their pathing made it such that it was easy to not get spotted. Outside the security room, waited until one of the guards left to take out the other, get the card. Wait for other guard to come back, take him down too. Hide them in the same room outside around the corner. Opened the door with the card and then threw a coin outside it. Once the security guard inside the room came out, threw a hammer at him and hid him the same place as the other two. I walked into the room and removed the security feed evidence while the hackers weren't looking. Then I poisoned the orange jam hoping the guy would eat it but he never did. Waited around and eventually one of the lines of dialogue mentions Whitecap, the other guy, so I knew which one to kill. Wish I brought along emetic poison as well so I could get the other guy out of there when he took a drink, but got impatient, waited until they split up and took a hammer to both of them. Unfortunately they were close enough together that when I used the hammer on the Protagonist, Whitecap turned around, but managed to subdue both of them then snap the right guy's neck. Unfortunately the guy turning around cost me silent assassin, as they counted that as bodies found, but otherwise was pretty clean and I was pretty happy with it.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

@dystopiax: Except for the starting point we did the mission almost exactly the same. My first Elusive target, and it was pretty underwhelming...

Was looking forward to this mission since it seemed exactly what i want from an elusive target, having to ID the target through behavioral clues, but since the target was bunched up it made it more obvious than i was hoping.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
    deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove said:

The Black Hat elusive target was not particularly good. Dangerous too. So for those that care, unless the mission is randomized somehow:

- The two hackers are in the attic and are in the room where you would usually find the vampire magician suit (which now sits outside the room) so you know which one it is with the bag outside. It's a "new" area and there's now also a keycard required to get in.

- The Sheikh is not in the map (unless he's wandering somewhere?).

- Upon getting access to the room it seems that all the windows are buffered off with sound proofing, meaning I couldn't snipe into the room.

Unless there are different ways to get in, or mine was just broken somehow...

- I got a Cicada security suit, but that wing of the building is FILLED with about a dozen security who will see through your disguise. There are narrow windows of opportunity to sneak past, but just barely.

This took me the better part of an hour to do, at which point I had gotten fed up with a non-lethal run and. Knowing what I do now, I would

- Get the tapes wiped in the basement (didn't risk it on my way out)

- Get a security suit and make your way through the attic

- Knock out the guard outside the room to get a keycard (no idea if another one is elsewhere)

- Take the scaffolding steps down directly opposite the target room and march to the basement exit.

About the only consolation is that the target does not suspect Cicada suits. But hey! At least I killed someone other than Gary Busey.

Good luck everyone!

Bah, I spent two hours looking EVERYWHERE to find these guys, looking for any sign of that jam that was mentioned, any mention of white cap/protagonist, any dudes on laptops, even anyone in a white cap. I found the Sheikh and got his disguise and also checked the attic thoroughly. At least I thought I did, I did not find that room you described, I'll have to look it up. After meandering for two hours I finally met my end simply by being careless and throwing a guard off a railing while another was watching because I was bored out of my mind and not paying attention. That was also my first elusive target, I hope the next one is a little more interesting.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By pyrodactyl

Goddamnit, 8/9. This one is my first failure. I had it too but fucked up right at the end.

I made it to the attic no problem with the invitation. A guard that is usually not there saw me right away so I had to run downstairs to avoid pursuit. With all the guards now recognizing me I then got caught again trying to get into the room with the lone auction staffer on the second floor. Evaded pursuit by hanging from a balcony and got the auction staff disguise.

Went back upstairs and made my way around the perimiter and got a bodyguard disguise. Took care of the 2 guards patroling around the room where the target was and got inside. at that point I had no idea how to evade the lone guard in there so he saw me forcing me to start unloading my assault rifle into him and the 2 other guys. One of them was the target so I was now locked in.

A few guards came running and I took care of them. I then I tried reloading my gun with square, it didn't work, tried triangle, I was right next to a box so 47 just stepped into the box as the 2 last guards were entering the room. They start unloading on the box, I get murdered. Goddamnit.

That was basically my first real firefight in 20-30 hours of playing this game. A really bad time to ask ''How the hell do I reload this gun''?

hott8bitaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: I believe reload is the R1/RB trigger. At least that is what it is on the Xbox controller I have connected to my PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one was kinda crappy for me. I found their hideout pretty quickly but I spent an hour trying to find the keycard before giving up and blowing up the door. At that point I just went guns blazing and shot the hackers to shit. Felt pretty cool barging in there after an hour of frustration, but I still think it's lame that the keycard is apparently on some guard without indication. I spent hours staring at jam jars in the kitchen trying to think of a connection instead... that was pretty annoying.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know why we're really using spoilers in here, but whatevs.

I failed, frustratingly. I got to the room unseen, blew the door open with a remote breach. While in the room, I distracted the guard by dropping a gun, and he took it outside. During this time, I went to the jam jar and poisoned it, and then hid in a box, with the lid slightly ajar - this was my downfall.

The dude never ate from the jar for ages, so I eventually put my controller down and went on my laptop. Then I heard the noise of the dude dying, after about 15 minutes. I looked up and I was compromised. I'm not sure how, I didn't realise I could be seen hiding in a box. I dropped my head down further and then another guard came in. Eventually going into combat mode and they shot me, defenceless in a box.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a really tough setup with the guards in that adjacent room. I would have made it if there hadn't been a (surprise) damned keycard lock on that door. Brad and Dan have no chance at pulling this one off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.