Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

The sixth game in IO Interactive's stealth murder franchise, simply titled Hitman, adopts an episodic design which continually introduces new assassination contracts for players to undertake.

Elusive Target central Season Finale

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The west coast office doesn't do enough game specific live streams anymore. As an entitled fan with opinions, I demand a live stream today of @brad and @danryckert attempting the Gary Busey elusive target.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By LeStephan
    Loading Video...

First 2 tries I explored and followed Busey a lot. Third I went for the kill. Maybe spoilers: I had only been in those appartments once before so this was all new territory for me. I had plans with that proximity mine but what I eventually did was probably a better idea. And missing that one shot really surprised me haha I'm pretty brad at games as you all can see :p what a time to stumble upon the perfect disguise for that gettaway though, saying 'hi' to gary cole on the way out :D

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#153  Edited By ArtisanBreads

The west coast office doesn't do enough game specific live streams anymore. As an entitled fan with opinions, I demand a live stream today of @brad and @danryckert attempting the Gary Busey elusive target.

We will see if it is today. But on the Bombcast they basically said they're doing something. We will see when it goes up.

stevewestmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: this was too easy. i did this except with the sniper rifle on the balcony facing the pier. just through the door on your left. i actually saw him on my way from starting at the pier to the safe house where the rifle was and thought this will be easy.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This ended for me in an incredibly stupid way. I put the explosive rubber ducky at the pier with the giant anchor because it's on his loop and he didn't investigate it. I thought the AI was forced to look at in when near. Oh well, when he left I tried to pick the rubber ducky back up, not knowing that it would trigger when I got closer. Yup, blew up in my face. Another elusive target got away. Sigh.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sniped from the bell tower while disguised as a priest to cover my escape. Worked like a charm. The bodyguards who came to investigate were none the wiser. 7/7

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CoinMatze: To be fair, if you have to fail the Gary Busey one, the worlds best assassin blowing himself up with a rubber ducky is absolutely the way you want to go out. So, you know, points for a good death.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#158  Edited By Chummy8

Just tried this one and died to some random guards while trying to get a disguise. Didn't even find Busey at all. Found Cole pretty easily tho. Man I want a second chance.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was the first Elusive I actually went out of my way and got an SA, mainly because I followed him to listen to him more than to kill him but there were very nice opportunities to lure his guards off his back. If you killed him without listening to his great dialogue like an argument with Gary Cole or his song to some random lady on a balcony you missed out.

freo_isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By freo_isaac

i hope if they try this on UPF that they manage to follow busey around for awhile before trying to kill him, he has a hillarious song he sings to a cute lady he sees in one of the villas above the beach https://youtu.be/LtOoqxv8TCc?t=15m20s "Can't you see? Use them eyes, I'm freakin Busey!....in your tree, a nude surprises, its freakin Busey!" also Busey does have super powers he can transform into a boat!!!!

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#161  Edited By notnert427

i hope if they try this on UPF that they manage to follow busey around for awhile before trying to kill him, he has a hillarious song he sings to a cute lady he sees in one of the villas above the beach https://youtu.be/LtOoqxv8TCc?t=15m20s "Can't you see? Use them eyes, I'm freakin Busey!....in your tree, a nude surprises, its freakin Busey!" also Busey does have super powers he can transform into a boat!!!!

I didn't see the lady on the balcony at first, so I thought he was directing a filthy serenade at the boat he was standing in front of. (In my defense, that sounds like something Busey might do.) Also humorous was in the briefing, where Gary Cole was said to have clubbed a baby seal with another baby seal. I made sure to listen to all Busey's musings, most of which were as dumb/ridiculous as I'd hoped. When I realized this had taken him permanently off of what I had deemed the best point of attack, I restarted. Then I kinda cheesed it, shoving his guards and distracting them with coins to put some distance between them and Busey. (Weak, I know.) When Busey crossed the semi-secluded cut-through between the old town streets, I snapped his neck. I probably could have even gotten him in the dumpster for SA if I'd used the fiber wire, but I panicked and bolted because the neck snap had taken longer than I'd hoped. It was the right call because someone saw his body seconds later, in less time than I could have hid him. No SA because they found the body, but 4/5 stars. This makes me 5/5 on the Elusive Targets I've tried (I missed the last two due to being out of town for both). These are still fun.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By ShadyPingu

Success!

Sniped Busey from the safe house's outdoor patio. Then I saw the suits hauling ass to the safe house, so I scrambled upstairs to Rocco's door, rang the doorbell, punched him out when he answered, stole his uniform and ran out the front door.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't tend to embed the videos of my attempts as I don't want to clutter anything up, but I'm kind of proud of what I did. It was messy, knocked out/killed a lot of guys got 0/5, but I'm super happy with how I killed him (short video, 30 second edited down recap of what happened) My line of thought was, this is Gary freaking Busey, I kill him wildly, or I don't kill him at all.

Loading Video...
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

I don't tend to embed the videos of my attempts as I don't want to clutter anything up, but I'm kind of proud of what I did. It was messy, knocked out/killed a lot of guys got 0/5, but I'm super happy with how I killed him (short video, 30 second edited down recap of what happened) My line of thought was, this is Gary freaking Busey, I kill him wildly, or I don't kill him at all.

Loading Video...

Well, that was pretty great. Don't hesitate to post more, as that ain't "clutter" in my book. That's some glorious chaos. Well played.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ZolRoyce

@notnert427: Aha, thank you! Glad you liked it, it was pretty fun to pull off. Bit nerve wracking too, every other minute 'Body Found' "Oh who do I have to go knock out this time?!"

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Thanks duder!
    I feel your connection pain, I live in the middle of the countryside in Canada, my internet works when it feels like it wants to work. Glad I've been able to do most of these haha.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By NeverGameOver

Forgive me if someone has already posted, but I follow Dave Lang on ps4. Stumbled across his Gary Busey video today...

Get fucked, Busey

Loading Video...

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Captain_Insano

I bought Hitman yesterday and went straight to the Busey mission. Found Gary Cole first and followed him til he and Busey met up. I think they delivered on the Busey-ness of Busey.

I got him with a proximity mine near the graveyard. Pretty harrowing. Someone else noticed it and was walking to a bodyguard next to where I was blending in to tell the guard about it. The guard was walking towards it just as Busey walked up to it. Success.

Boated the hell out of there.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Loading Video...

Long range golf ball all day.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@katpottz: dope.

@zolroyce: Also a great video.

I just threw a coin when his guards were behind him and blasted him and ran for it and it worked. Not clean but fuck it. No good opportunities were presenting themselves.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgive me if someone has already posted, but I follow Dave Lang on ps4. Stumbled across his Gary Busey video today...

Get fucked, Busey

Loading Video...

This is amazing. I knew Lang would do something crazy.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By kcin

I was pretty disappointed in the path Busey walked - I couldn't find a single opportunity to get him out of sight of anyone else, let alone get his guards off his ass. Are they usually like that? This is my first elusive target.

Ended up dying by my own rubber ducky. Oh well.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin: His pathing is pretty hard to take advantage of once he reaches the beach but I noticed there are some pretty secluded side streets he walks down before getting there that might be good to take a advantage of.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gary Busey is gone in ~60 hours. Get yours while you can

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was fun, I only played one previously, the congressman I believe.

These targets sort of feel limited in some ways at least from the ones I've seen. There doesn't seem to be a good way to get the attached guards lured away and it makes me sort of default to boring solutions.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin: They aren't usually that bad but some targets have had that issue. Doesn't make for very fun gameplay.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Yeah, I didn't enjoy it. I thought maybe I could do something to affect his pathing, like I went up to the apartment of the woman he serenades and took her clothes and stood on her balcony thinking he'd do something in response, but he just walked up to the point where he sings, and then walked away without singing. I guess these elusive targets are sometimes gonna be hit-and-run jobs if they work like this.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#181  Edited By mikemcn

@honkalot said:

These targets sort of feel limited in some ways at least from the ones I've seen. There doesn't seem to be a good way to get the attached guards lured away and it makes me sort of default to boring solutions.

I agree, they don't set up interesting scenarios with these elusive targets. They walk around somewhere and two guards follow them, at least in all the ones I have seen.

EgonVonHolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gary Busey was the first elusive target I attempted and boy did I ruin my fun with this mission by doing it with a sniper rifle.

I started out in the mansion dressed as a security guy so that I could carry the Jaeger 7 without raising suspicion. And then I simply grabbed the rifle from the ICA safehouse and went up the church tower, waited for a while and... just shot him in the head. I did not hear any of his dialogue nor did I encounter Gary Cole.

The way these elusive target mission are set up (no savepoints, no retries etc.) does not seem to work all that great for me, because it drasticly limits your ability to experiment how exactly you want to kill your target. But maybe that's just a thing I have since I play stealth-games by constantly saving and reloading until I have savescumed finished the mission perfectly.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Thank you!

@katpottz I think you one upped Dave Lang, you literally rained death upon him with that golf ball.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce: Thanks. I had been planning on killing him while he walked along the beach but he decided not to i.e. all the aiming and timing was improv'd.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just shot him with the pistol from a distance while he was at the cemetary and ran, made it out without going into hunted/conflict mode.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egonvonholz: if you want to, you can just restart the mission as long as you don't die, fail or kill the target. That way you can follow the target, get the whole experience and complete the mission.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First elusive target I got to play (picked the game up late and was on vacation for the last one). Are they all this . . . easy? I don't want to sound all "I'm super uber," because I'm most certainly not - but it seemed like Busey's route was such that killing him and getting to an escape point was super easy. I just waited behind a pillar by the docks, popped him in the head, and then legged it straight for a boat while his guards were still figuring out what was happening. The levels in the main game are all kind of a puzzle in terms of getting to the target and then having to plan an escape, so I guess I was expecting a souped up version of that.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer:it's the easiest ET that Iv'e played so far by a mile (so I made it a challenge by limiting myself to the explosive golfball). Have played 3 so far (sensation, gunrunner, wildcard) and this was kind of an anomaly in it's difficulty, I'm sure the next one will get back to the regular difficulty.

EgonVonHolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl Oh thanks, that's good to know! I never realised that because they don't seem to surface this in the little text which pops up before you take on an elusive target. Also, restarting does seem to go against the spirit of these mission doesn't it? They could have just given you a checkpoint at the start of each mission and disabled auto- and manual saves, if that was what they were trying to go for.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: As with every Hitman mission simply completing it in anyway is easy yes. You can shoot the targets at distance and run for the main missions as well. Doing a Silent Assassin run is where the challenge has always come from in Hitman games.

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By kilroyandy

This is how killed both Busey and Cole, RIP!!

Golf Ball to the head, and then a furious killer scramble to the end!!

Loading Video...

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman installed a 3.4 GB patch last night. I had already downloaded the bonus episodes, so I'm wondering what the hell that could have been. Maybe Thailand will be dropping earlier than we expected?

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nevergameover: Ha, I was really hoping that's where this was going after that last Hitman QL. That should be mesmerizing.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By pyrodactyl

Kill the guy, steal the thing on August 5th

No Caption Provided

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: And the minute you grab the thing or kill the guy you are locked in, no restarts after starting either one, pretty cool, gotta plan this one out, I like the sounds of it.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

based on the name and knowing nothing else i'd imagine he's part of the meeting, so based on that I'd get the iago invitation and just walk up to the third floor and wait for an opportunity.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot said:

Something that you may find useful for luring away those pesky guards. Drop a weapon (pistols are my go to) along their route and they will pick it up and bring it to a secure location. Just make sure you don't leave it too close to where pedestrians will see it or they will report it to someone else.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man i wish that i got in on this earlier. games a good deal of fun though i expect it to get frustrating for me real quick. trying to clean up on the tutorial challenges and up my hitman game (so pretty much starting out, i know).

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@dystopiax: The picture is reminding me of the second floor somewhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.