Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

The sixth game in IO Interactive's stealth murder franchise, simply titled Hitman, adopts an episodic design which continually introduces new assassination contracts for players to undertake.

Elusive Target central Season Finale

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dudeglove: Why would you risk that!?

Also "We've got explosions, could be a bomb threat" this game is great.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@dudeglove: hahah amazing. Didn't know you could do that.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The Congressman Elusive Target goes live at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time tomorrow, so we'll have until Sunday morning to try and take him out. I'm going for Silent Assassin this time. Fiber Wire is at the ready.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hoping to try this one, I was away for the last one, is it on Sapienza? I have that area mapped after completing a million feats and escalations.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Congressman should be live now, almost forgot about it myself. I'm kinda tempted to go in and just mute the briefing, so that I wouldn't have any hints to his whereabouts...

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn said:

Hoping to try this one, I was away for the last one, is it on Sapienza? I have that area mapped after completing a million feats and escalations.

Yep, Sapienza. I feel like I know it like the back of my hand, but will be tested here shortly.

@l1ghtn1n said:

I haven't played Sapienza at all yet and only watched some of the QL so I'm tempted to just jump into this straight and see how it goes (probably badly).

Ballsy. I like it.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mikemcn

@notnert427 said: @mikemcn said: Hoping to try this one, I was away for the last one, is it on Sapienza? I have that area mapped after completing a million feats and escalations.

Yep, Sapienza. I feel like I know it like the back of my hand, but will be tested here shortly.

@l1ghtn1n said: I haven't played Sapienza at all yet and only watched some of the QL so I'm tempted to just jump into this straight and see how it goes (probably badly).

Ballsy. I like it.

Yea i thought I've seen everything Sapienza has to offer but this target spends time in a very unapproachable part of the map. Good Luck to you. I botched it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By glots

Well...I left behind four bodies, but I did it. Took me a bit longer than with the Forger and I could've done it more silently (or at least non-lethally), but after I began to take down other NPCs, it kinda escalated...but I didn't get into a firefight, so that's something!

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By notnert427

I got the target, but I got completely screwed out of SA. I've had this bug happen before where an NPC randomly dies from being subdued without me breaking their neck, and that's exactly what happened during this mission, on the last NPC I needed to subdue, no less. Everything else was perfect. I did it so well. I wasn't spotted, I wasn't recorded, no one found a body, and I didn't actually kill anyone except the target. Grrr....I deserved my SA. Oh well, at least I got the target. Still frustrating.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ZolRoyce

I meant to knock out a guard and take his outfit, but I had my gun out so I shot him instead, shiiiit.
    I managed to knock out his guards and get him alone and kill hi- oh wait, he wasn't alone? I didn't look around properly enough? People noticed me kill him?
    Well I'll just casually stroll away surly it was an accident, nothing to see here folks runrurnurnurnurnurnurnurnurnurun.
    3/5. Could have done better if I kept me gun away and checked my lefts and rights before murdering better. Oh well, still pretty fun.

I edited down my attempt into a video. It's not great or anything, but just figured I'd drop it here.

The quality of the video might be a little messed, I have no idea what I'm doing ever. I'm also apparently having trouble embedding a video behind a spoiler block, I'm a zilch. Anybody who is interested can click here I guess.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuuuuck... got the senator with the explosive duck in the garage. But I was too close to the car and died in the explosion! Nooooo!

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This target was easy to kill with a sniper shot from the lazy chef's balcony . For the next one, I want to try to use a more creative strategy like the explosive golf ball.

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My masterplan was foiled when his bodyguards followed him into the bathroom to be sick. It took me 45 minutes of wandering about just to find him but eventually I found a costume that I could just tail him with easily. In the end I served up several cans of spaghetti sauce to his entourage and then snapping his neck, not the most graceful but it got me SA.

deinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pete0r: Goddamn it... that is exactly what happened to me! Minus the eventual success... lol

I have never had security follow a target into the bathroom; so, I didn't bother double checking for it this time. I was drowning the senator in the toilet, and all of the sudden, I am in combat... Didn't even have time to turn around to engage as they had already shot me to hell....

I SWEAR I WILL COMPLETE THE NEXT ONE!!!! :)

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mikemcn

I failed that mission but got the challenge for killing the congressman in the next mission I completed.

Probably a bug?

@zolroyce: I like how you just casually walk away once combat starts: "Ok just keep cool, keep cool..." I never even bothered taking out the guards first, I just went for a distant shot, and then got spotted/killed anyway. Well done!

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By hach

@notnert427: If this happens you can still restart the mission, so long as you haven't killed the target or been killed yourself you can restart elusive targets as many times as you want within the time limit.

Is the remote noise thing bugged out for anyone else? whenever I take it out it immediately distracts the closest person instead of letting me put it down and then press the button to do it. It has been like that since they released the Sapienza map, I assumed they would have fixed it by now.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn said:

I failed that mission but got the challenge for killing the congressman in the next mission I completed.

Probably a bug?

@zolroyce: I like how you just casually walk away once combat starts: "Ok just keep cool, keep cool..." I never even bothered taking out the guards first, I just went for a distant shot, and then got spotted/killed anyway. Well done!

Haha, thank you, I couldn't actually see the person who spotted me so I was just "Dooooon't panic, just dooon't act like a weirdo, oh, I made it outside just fine? GETTOTHECAR" I just got lucky with the guards. "Get out of the door, get out of the door, I want to get pa-oh shit, separated from the herd, pounce!' Good luck to you whenever the third one pops up!

@pyrodactyl Thanks for making this thread by the way. I'm very excited for these targets but my mind goes blank and they sneak up on me. Nice to have this as a reminder/place to talk about it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I

put rat poison into the wine to make the guy go to a nearby bathroom but then his security detail followed him in there and just watched him puke his guts out. These guys were way better bodyguards than the amateurs looking over other targets. So I just capped them all in the head with my silenced pistol. SA was ruined earlier anyway when a guy turned suspisious on me for no reason. Oh well, got the job done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6
    deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuckkkk these bodyguards that stick to the targets like glue. It's nothing a master assassin like me has to worry about though.. (I gunned down the two guards and the target and ran the fuck out of there) Hitman : 2, Elusive Targets : 0

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't play the first elusive target so I can't really compare. But I don't know about this one.

Unless I missed something he had basically a three room loop and one of them had a glass I could poison. With the amount of people following him around all the time it felt really restricted in how it was "supposed" to be completed.

I followed him around once, then went and poisoned the wine and that was it.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

@marco724 said:

Fuckkkk these bodyguards that stick to the targets like glue. It's nothing a master assassin like me has to worry about though.. (I gunned down the two guards and the target and ran the fuck out of there) Hitman : 2, Elusive Targets : 0

They're pretty much always behind him though - I just waited for them to be walked down a long(ish) corridor with no-one else around, then subdued each in turn (the other bodyguard never looks backwards AFAICT)

Avatar image for deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6
    deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stordoff: Yea I noticed that. These elusive target missions are the only reason I've come back to hitman in a while (I played the hell out of the locations already) and I was paranoid there wasn't enough distance in between guards to choke one out and not be noticed.

I hope that in the future these missions will be more like the higher tier escalation missions rather than the template they've had for the first two.

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killed this latest one the old fashioned way, A shot in the dark in from a concealed place and just snuck away.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By notnert427

@hach: Yeah, I know you can do that, but it's kind of against the spirit of the "one chance" that this mode should be, IMO. I know I got my SA, so not getting the checkbox doesn't really bother me.

My method was to go get the kitchen assistant outfit, then mansion staff outfit. Then I snuck up to the third level to destroy the camera system. Then I got the housekeeper outfit from inside the mansion so I could move around as I pleased. I found the congressman, then tailed him on his entire path.

My plan was to take out his guards one by one, which I successfully did in the wine cellar and the hallway back towards the garage with some well-thrown coins. I wanted to shove him off the cliff. Unfortunately, his pathing broke and he stayed on a silent phonecall in the room by the cliff.

I went to take out the mansion staffer guide of his, and that's when the "non-target killed" b.s. happened. From now on, pacifications are spaghetti only to avoid this glitch. Anyway, with SA now off the table, I lost my desire to try taking out everyone necessary for my "push off the cliff plan", so I just broke his neck and strolled out the front gate.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the Senator alone for a second and totally pulled a Brad, rushing a melee kill and getting seen. Then got gunned down. Shameful display.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sniper in the cafe basement, sneak up to the roof, one shot, one kill, walk the fuck out.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one snuck up on me, The Prince (uuh...) will go live tomorrow. 72 hours instead of 48.

No Caption Provided

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grulet said:

This one snuck up on me, The Prince (uuh...) will go live tomorrow. 72 hours instead of 48.

No Caption Provided

Thanks for the heads-up. Happy to return to Sapienza after dealing with the corridors of Marrakesh.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3th target is live. I'll update with more details soon

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By pyrodactyl

The current elusive target is amazing. Way higher quality stuff than the first 2. I dropped a giant bell on his head

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mikemcn

Ok, here I go, I got this one!!!

Edit: It was a shootout basically as soon as I walked towards the church, but the bastard is dead and I got away, with a -40,000 score.

Still Counts.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felt this was pretty easy. Just got into the church, waited for him to seclude himself, and choked him. Took me maybe 15 minutes?

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By tds418

Thought I was clever by putting a proximity mine at the entrance of the small building in the gardens he would occasionally pray at. Unfortunately, he saw it and called his guards over to look at it and it blew up in their face. Lol. The target went into "lockdown" meaning he wouldn't leave the interior of the church. Somehow I was able to choke him and get out without being seen.

First elusive contract I've attempted...pretty fun!

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucked up this one real hard by choking out a guard in a dumb spot. Was able to run away and sneak around for a bit, but ran into a suspicious guard while trying to get into the church and I just couldn't get away. Super bummed about it, this one had a way cooler concept than the first two and had more changes in NPC placement. Oh well, I'm 2/3 so far.

Dinosaurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the silent assassin. Hardest part was figuring out how to get the disguise needed so nobody but one guy knows who you are in the church.

Missed the first two elusives before I bought the game but I like the concept. Hope the next one is harder.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...this one had a way cooler concept than the first two and had more changes in NPC placement...

I really liked that about this one, the only think I could tell changed about the other two is they had their own guards, everything else stayed the same.
    So for this one I figured I could make a line right towards my favorite spot in the church but as soon as I got there it was "Oh shit, guards there, and there, and there, I have to re-think my strategy!" Which on the fly is pretty cool.
    I hope they keep that up.

Anyways, my attempt was so-so, I made a guard get suspicious of me, but it didn't escalate to violence or anything, I stole a church workers clothes, waited for a moment to strike while he was alone, pulled out a poison syringe annnnnnnnd instead of pricking the poison into him, I accidentally hit him and knocked him out, a guard heard the commotion, I took out my gun, shot at the body, missed, shot again got him, ran away. 3/5
    This is the second time I may have actually gotten 5/5 or at the very least 4/5 if I didn't screw up a button prompt. Oh well, these are fun. I'm really enjoying them.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I infiltrated from the sewers then hit him in the basement and left in the boat.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my first Hitman game and this was the first elusive target I tried. I assumed I'd have no chance, but ended up finding a pretty cool way to pull it off. Man, there were guards EVERYWHERE, you'd think this dude is the pope or something. I also didn't even know there was a church on this side of the map! I never found this part of town when I played the normal mission, and I thought I had explored quite a bit. Very impressed with the level design in this game. Here's what happened:

After scoping things out, it looked like the sewer route was the only way to get in, so I took out the guards down there one by one, along with a sewer repairman who had the key to a locked gate down there. There was nowhere to hide the bodies and they were quickly found but once I had a guard disguise it was smooth sailing. It's a bit silly in this game that bodies can be found and not send everyone into complete lockdown/panic mode, but I guess if it was too realistic the game would be impossible. They usually just find their dead buddies, maybe get upset for a minute, then go and quietly put them into body bags, and get back to guarding things. They also don't seem to wake up the unconscious guys, or if they do it doesn't seem to matter. A few of the guys did go "orange" but never alerted anyone else and just patrolled the sewer area the whole time.

With the guard disguise, only a couple of the dudes in the church got white dots. The disguise was compromised but the only people who had seen it were knocked out and it didn't seem to be a problem. I just walked around and watched the loop for a bit. I couldn't see any good way to take him out, other than to shoot him in plain sight which seemed like a suicide mission. I regretted not taking the proximity mine, but even that would be hard to place on the route without being seen. No poison either.

Eventually decided to see what was upstairs and found my way to the cool bell tower. Just one guard up there, piece of cake. I was really hoping he might have a sniper rifle so I could snipe the target in the garden, but alas, no such luck. One of the white dot guys was always following the target around, making it easy to see where they are at. Naturally, they conveniently stop for a bit to talk right under the bell. I was worried I would need to escape over the roof or something, which seemed impossible, but just went for it anyway. Boom, bell kills some random guard on the way down and crushes the priest at the bottom. Awesome! I cooly walked downstairs, out the back, and over to the nearby boat getaway. Nobody had a clue. Unfortunately I had killed one of the sewer guards early on which messed up my score, but I still managed positive points. My final time also happened to be 47 minutes. :)

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the silent assassin. Hardest part was figuring out how to get the disguise needed so nobody but one guy knows who you are in the church.

Missed the first two elusives before I bought the game but I like the concept. Hope the next one is harder.

They said they will be ramping up the difficulty through the season

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Got him, and got my SA. This one was the best Elusive Target yet. I really like the idea of them locking down an area.

My method:

I started from the main square with lockpick, and ran down into the basement area behind me to the right to snag a crowbar. Then I headed over to the morgue, waited for the staff guy to walk out, picked the lock, and overflowed the faucet. I found a knife, which I decided would be my murder weapon for the target. I bashed morgue guy over the head with a crowbar when he came back, and now I had a church staff outfit. I went in the church, then got scared of all the dots and did the blend in by the candles thing until the priest and the prince started having their chat and created an opening. I booked it into the back room, waited for guards to not be looking, then ran downstairs and snuck in the priest room. My initial purpose here was to take out the cameras, but once I changed into the priest outfit, I noticed that the priest would still recognize me, and he was pathing where I wanted to do my business anyway. When he came into the room, I hid by the door and he met the crowbar, and I dragged his body out of sightline from the open door. The Prince came by not far behind with one guard in tow. A brilliantly timed coin throw distracted his guard while The Prince was in the catacombs, so when the guard came out of the catacombs to investigate, I shut the door behind him and blasted him with a crowbar. I dragged him into the priest room as well.

I readied my knife for the kill. The Prince was headed my way. Just as I was about to open the door and take him out, he stops. Fuck; I left the guard's gun sitting out. Amateur mistake. The Prince walked back into the catacombs to report this to another guard. I quickly ran out, grabbed the gun, and ran back in the priest room because I didn't know where the guard would take the gun and didn't want to risk it being my hidey-hole room of unconsciousness. While the guard coming in to look at nothing made for an amusing WTF as The Prince looked like a crazy person, it unfortunately blew my kill opportunity with the guard hanging out in the same general area as The Prince. So I waited for his return, dragging bodies around to pass the time. When he came back, I threw a knife at the back of his head. Boom. Dead. I dragged him into the priest room, then strolled out the front door of the church and boated away. Solid. I'm proud of it. Arrivederci, Adalrico.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucked up again... Thought he was alone when I threw a kitchen knife at him, but... he wasn't. One for three.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#96  Edited By NeverGameOver

First one I've tried. Sloppy as fuck but got the job done in the sewers. I think the best way in is actually as a gardner but I didn't want to surrender my weapons. Could have used the church agency pickup I suppose

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombed it. Could've probably done it easily at a few locations I saw, but I wanted to follow him around and then ended up compromising my disguise next to a whole lot of NPCs, where it was impossible for me to get away free. I did still kill him in the midst of the chaos, unfortunately they also gunned me down.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completed it, and it would've been an SA if a dude I knocked unconscious didn't die due to a glitch. For some reason there's a very shallow puddle under the well that's in front of the church and if you drag an unconscious person through it they instantly die.

Doesn't matter, I don't bother aiming for SA with these they're a bonus if it happens.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By notnert427

The next one is going live quicker than you might expect. I hope it's as good as the last one. I already want to murder this guy based on his pants.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for bicycle_repairman
    Bicycle_Repairman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I killed the bodyguard that guard the lab entrance from the beach. Took his outfit and then scaled into the garden. The Prince went to the tomb with his bodyguard so i followed them. Then I triggered a remote explosive when he went back up the stairs again and left by the boat. Glad i got it so fast when there was only 1.3 hours on the clock left to finish it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.