Homer Simpson is 38 years old, is married to Marge Simpson
and is the father of Bart
Simpson. He works at the Springfield
Nuclear Power Plant with his co-workers and drinking buddies Lenny Leonard
and Carl Carlson
. His boss is Mr. Burns, owner of the nuclear power plant plant where Homer works as the safety inspector in sector 7G. He spends most of his free time at Moe
's Tavern or at home watching TV. Homer, Barney Gumble
, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
, and Seymour Skinner
were once a Barber shop quartet called the Be Sharps. Their first album was called Meet The Be Sharps and had the famous song Baby On Board. When Homer gets upset up with Bart's behavior he tends to start strangling Bart but is usually either scolded by Marge to let Bart go or is beaten by Bart while he is strangling him.
Homer's Father is named Abraham Simpson
and his mother is named Mona. She was a political activist who died and tried to get her son to use her ashes in one last hippie protest. He has a half-brother named Herb Powell who was voiced by Danny Devito. Upon one occasion Homer married a woman named Amber in Las Vegas
while drunk, however he soon divorced her and she died of a drug overdose.
Homer hates Marge's sisters Patty and Selma who insult him at every chance they get. He also has a love-hate friendship with his neighbor Ned Flanders
. In one episode George H.W. Bush and Homer once got into a fight because George spanked Bart for ruining his memoirs. Homer also once made a drink called The Flaming Homer but it was stolen by Moe but after Homer revealed the ingredients in it everyone was disgusted by the drink.. The ingredients for the Flaming Homer are Tequila, Creme De Menthe, Schnapps, and Krusty Non-Narkotik Kough Syrup. After those ingredients are added it is set aflame.
Homer's trademark saying is "D'oh", an annoyed grunt he often makes. Homer loves donuts and beer
with a passion and also claims to very much enjoy the pork chops Marge makes.
Homer Simpson Quotes
- "Operator! Give me the number for 911!"
- "Oh, so they have internet on computers now!"
- "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
- "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."
- "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- "Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers."
- "Well, it's 1 a.m. Better go home and spend some quality time with the kids."
- "Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'"
- "Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel."
- "Doughnuts. Is there anything they can't do?"
- "You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons."
- "Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."