This is Humba's first game appearance, her role is Mumbo's replacement as the transformer for Banjo and Kazooie. Her transformation spells tend to be inanimate objects like a washing machine and detonator (except for the T-Rex/Bee transformations).
In Banjo-Tooie, Humba was found in a Wigwam and was dressed like a Native American (feather, moccasins, headband, etc.)
To use Humba's transformation spells, you first had to collect a Glowbo. After you obtained a Glowbo and gave it to her, she would allow you to jump into her pool and transform whenever you chose.
Her transformations included:
- Isle o' Hags - Kazooie Dragon (required Stop n' Swop ice key)
- Mayaham Temple - Stony (allowed access to Kickball Stadium)
- Glitter Gultch Mine - Detonator (blew up TNT to get rid of rocks that blocked paths)
- Witchyworld - Van (allowed you to pay for "premium" attractions in the park)
- Jolly Roger's Lagoon - Submarine (gained access to missile shooting minigame)
- Terrydactyland - Daddy/Baby T-Rex (Daddy was invulnerable and was stronger, Baby could go into small holes)
- Grunty Industries - Washing Machine (gained access to Restricted Areas and could clean the rabbit's clothes)
- Hailfire Peaks - Snowball (grew while you moved in the snow)
- Cloud Cukooland - Bee (allowed flight and a stinger to fire at enemies)
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts n' Bolts
Humba's appearance changed drastically between Banjo-Tooie and Nuts n' Bolts, she now has a cowgirl appearance with boots, shirt, and shorts, but she still has the feather in her hair.
In Nuts n' Bolts, Humba owns a parts store. Items at the store vary between vehicle blueprints to upgrades like engines, wings, etc. New items are unlocked as you get more Jiggies and sometimes, she will even give you a free blueprint or two for certain milestones in your collection.
She also, like most characters, is an actor for L.O.G.'s levels to give challenges to Banjo and Kazooie. Some of her roles include: a gamer, plant researcher, and wife to Mumbo.