Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

Why Does This Seem So Glitchy?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Don't get me wrong, I love this game...but it can get ridiculously glitchy a lot. I fall through objects a lot, taking cover sometimes makes me walk right through the thing I'm trying too take cover behind. I've fallen into the ground 4 times. The way you cling to everything when you jump can get odd sometimes. Sometimes when jumping and trying too land on a power line or something instead of landing on the power line I will just go right through it. etc.

Seems really glitchy to me. Although still playing it and enjoying it. Just have to know if this happens this frequently for anybody else.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

You're not alone from what I've heard/read, but I personally haven't experienced any major issues in my (almost) two playthroughs.

IceCrystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IceCrystal

Sometimes it seems that Cole has shifted phase and falls through everything I try to jump at.  Maybe it's an unadvertised side effect of his powers? ;)  I feel your pain.  For me, nothing ends a play session quicker and in more annoyance than a few glitches occurring at the most crucial moments.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CL60
    @EvilTwin said:
    " You're not alone from what I've heard/read, but I personally haven't experienced any major issues in my (almost) two playthroughs. "
    It happens fairly frequently for me, but I can deal with it.
    MattA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MattA

The only glitch I've encountered thus far is when I go to bioleech, I'll just start walking in place. Haven't experienced any falling through stuff yet, much to my luck.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zitosilva

Yeah, it's pretty glitch. You can pass through fences, power lines and cables consistently, and it's not at all uncommon to "dance" atop of a ledge, while Cole decides which side he'd like to fall. Some aspects of the game really deerved a little more time in the oven.

But, like you said, it's still a great game. It's a little frustrating sometimes because of some rough edges, but don't let this keep you away from it. It's worth it.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrGetBonus

I've fallen through the map a couple times in almost 2 playthroughs but other than that it hasn't been too bad for me.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60
    @MrGetBonus said:
    " I've fallen through the map a couple times in almost 2 playthroughs but other than that it hasn't been too bad for me. "
    Lucky you, happens to me almost all the time.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I find the game great, but theres something to it that makes it seem, sort of unfinished, I`m not sure how to describe it, like the characters move all weird and like there not apart of the world and some things look jaggy and beta looking, and I agree there are a good amount of glitches, but I still enjoy the game,  weird huh.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mordukai

I think it stems from the fact that Sony wanted it to be released before Prototype. 

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By super_machine

Yes all of the above. But, they happen to me so rarely it doesnt break the game. For the most part everything runs fine.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Adamantium

Yeah I've glitched through a few solid objects, fallen through the floor of the world once. I think it's a side effect of simply having a fairly large-sized game world where literally 99% of all structures can be scaled, stood upon, or used for grinding. I think any other game that tried to do the same type of gameplay would probably have the same issues, but I know sh*t about game programming, so, who knows?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MeierTheRed

Only had one glitch, so im happy. Same glitch as MattA

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lard

It actually flat out froze on me this afternoon, I had to turn off my PS3 and restart it.

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60
    @Lard said:
    " It actually flat out froze on me this afternoon, I had to turn off my PS3 and restart it.Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. "
    That's one thing that hasn't happened to me.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
    deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Ive had the same problems also.  Has the developers made any statements about the problems yet?  Hopefully this all can be fixed with a patch.

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Duke_Lion

Yeah this game has tons of bugs, but for some reason they don't bother me.  It auto saves all the time so maybe that's why.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CL60
    @Duke_Lion said:
    " Yeah this game has tons of bugs, but for some reason they don't bother me.  It auto saves all the time so maybe that's why. "
    Yeah, they didn't bother me either until my second play through, and they got REALLY noticeable. I fell through a wooden walkway type thing and got stuck inside of it a few times and had to kill myself to get out.
    ImHungryx10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ImHungryx10

I had to "not make Zeke fall off the tower" but i saw him jump onto the ground and fall through it.....

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CL60
    @ImHungryx10 said:
    " I had to "not make Zeke fall off the tower" but i saw him jump onto the ground and fall through it..... "
    Yup, I've noticed a lot of going through stuff.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb

inFamous is extremely rough, no doubt about it. I don't think I've ever encountered a game that seems quite as broken as inFamous but still remains totally, totally awesome this generation actually.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive
    i've never experienced any serious glitchy stuff, especially things that actually effected the how seriously fun the gameplay is. 
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JoelTGM

havent found any glitches in that game.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Baillie

Not one glitch for me either.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60

I seriously doubt you have not seen any glitches...to many times to count I have fallen through objects when trying to take cover behind them.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By shadows_kill

i havent heard/had any of those glitches at all so far.. only thing thats happened to me is one time cole just stood there when i tried to revive someone but thats it.. do you think when you installed it some error happened?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CL60
    @shadows_kill said:
    " i havent heard/had any of those glitches at all so far.. only thing thats happened to me is one time cole just stood there when i tried to revive someone but thats it.. do you think when you installed it some error happened? "
    Maybe, but apparently lots of other people are having the same glitches as me.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mordukai
    @CL60: About the only glitch I had while playing though the game was that Cole sometimes will get stuck on cretin objects but it was very rare. 
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kiemoe

I've had a ton of errors too, which were really frustrating when I'm trying to collect all of the blast shards, but nothing as bad as that thing where your ps3 controller locks up for like 3 seconds and your stuck moving in the direction you were last going. Anyone else totally die because of this? I know it's not infamous's fault, but man, that's annoying

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CL60
    @Kiemoe said:
    " I've had a ton of errors too, which were really frustrating when I'm trying to collect all of the blast shards, but nothing as bad as that thing where your ps3 controller locks up for like 3 seconds and your stuck moving in the direction you were last going. Anyone else totally die because of this? I know it's not infamous's fault, but man, that's annoying "
    I've never had that locking up thing.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Akeldama
    @CL60 said:
    " Don't get me wrong, I love this game...but it can get ridiculously glitchy a lot. I fall through objects a lot, taking cover sometimes makes me walk right through the thing I'm trying too take cover behind. I've fallen into the ground 4 times. The way you cling to everything when you jump can get odd sometimes. Sometimes when jumping and trying too land on a power line or something instead of landing on the power line I will just go right through it. etc.Seems really glitchy to me. Although still playing it and enjoying it. Just have to know if this happens this frequently for anybody else. "
    after playing prototype, i forgive InFamous for its occasional bug
    Avatar image for h1n1canceraidsclapclap
    H1N1CancerAidsClapClap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no glitches like that for me. sometimes u have to let go of the glide button if u want to grab something mid-air, otherwise it thinks u want to go right passed it.
    Edit: I've platinumed it, too. i guess im lucky with no glitches.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60
    @Akeldama said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Don't get me wrong, I love this game...but it can get ridiculously glitchy a lot. I fall through objects a lot, taking cover sometimes makes me walk right through the thing I'm trying too take cover behind. I've fallen into the ground 4 times. The way you cling to everything when you jump can get odd sometimes. Sometimes when jumping and trying too land on a power line or something instead of landing on the power line I will just go right through it. etc.Seems really glitchy to me. Although still playing it and enjoying it. Just have to know if this happens this frequently for anybody else. "
    after playing prototype, i forgive InFamous for its occasional bug "
    It's not really occasional for me, happens all the time, and man...Prototype was soooo boring.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Akeldama
    @CL60 said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @CL60 said:
    after playing prototype, i forgive InFamous for its occasional bug "
    It's not really occasional for me, happens all the time, and man...Prototype was soooo boring. "
    exactly. Prototype BORED me. What a waste of a game.
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kiemoe
    @CL60: I've heard it's got something to do with wireless interferance, because I have so much crap sending out signals, but I'm not sure
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Griddler

Damn, I was gonna buy this, might wait till a patch comes put first then

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CL60
    @girdz said:
    " Damn, I was gonna buy this, might wait till a patch comes put first then "
    No, you should buy it, it's still a great game.
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By Undeadpool

I've only had one happen and it was right after I beat my first "Destroy 12 listening devices," Zeke called in, but never said anything and basically the mission wouldn't fully "end." I'd still reclaimed the territory and everything, but the 12 of 12 Devices was still up as was Zeke's portrait. A quick save and reset fixed it though, I didn't have to do the mission over or anything, so I'm not really complaining.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#39  Edited By sjschmidt93

Because it is.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CL60
    @dcpc10 said:
    " never noticed a single glitch except 1 or 2 minor ones. I've seen more in other open-world games. "
    You're lucky then.
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By Undeadpool

I've experienced a fair number, but if you think of this as closer to a GTA game (or any other sandbox-type game), then it's actually INCREDIBLY stable. I rarely manage to make it through a single session, let alone playthrough, of GTA or Saint's Row without having waaaaay more glitches than I've had so far.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By penguindust

I jumped off a building last night and when straight through the ground into the underside of the game.  It was as if I had jumped into a pool.  I looked up and could see the city above me.  Cole died, of course, but I thought it was pretty funny.  I've had a few other problems related to clipping, too.

Oh, the funniest one I had was this killer cop.  I was in a fight with some of the big green dudes in the Warren and some cops were also fighting them.  I took one down but not before he injured a cop.  I shackled the dude and healed the cop.  The cop then proceeded to continue the fight with the shackled dude.  He kept shooting him.  After the shackled one disappeared, the cop then began shooting all the pedestrians as if they were the bad guys.  It was funny to see him on his rampage.  The citizens were all running around and hiding behind cars for protection.  Every so often, he'd hit one and I'd see the civilian drop to the ground in need of healing.  I'd zap them back to life and the whole weird affair would continue.  The policeman found an alley and held up there, shooting everyone who passed by.  There were about a dozen pedestrians crouched, shaking and hiding out from him while I was watching.  He didn't try to shoot me, though.  I thought about offing him, but I am "good" so I didn't want to open that ball of wax.  I jumped off a building and blew up some locals earlier and had three cops shooting at me for a bit.  I'm a "Champion" but they didn't seem to care.  Finally, I left the area so I'm not sure how it resolved itself.  It's a fun game, but it definitely has some quirks.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TwoOneFive

i dunno, i thought this was one of the most polished games i have ever played.  
    right up there with dead space. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CL60
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " i dunno, i thought this was one of the most polished games i have ever played.  right up there with dead space.  "
    Really? On my first play through I fell through a platform on 3 different occasions getting stuck underneath it.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @CL60 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " i dunno, i thought this was one of the most polished games i have ever played.  right up there with dead space.  "
    Really? On my first play through I fell through a platform on 3 different occasions getting stuck underneath it. "
    dude thats nuts, that  never happened to me. what system do you play it on?
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By Venatio

Even though I love that game, yeah, its very glitchy and Ive died alot because of it

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Damian
    @TwoOneFive said: 

@CL60 said: 

@TwoOneFive said: 
    Really? On my first play through I fell through a platform on 3 different occasions getting stuck underneath it. "
    dude thats nuts, that  never happened to me. what system do you play it on? "
    lol. I think he was referring to inFamous (the PS3 exclusive).

But I seem to be a lucky one like you. I didn't see much glitching at all with this game.    
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeah i ran into a couple of funny glitches throughout the game like people floating randomly and twitching smetimes. but come on guys, you can't deny that despite those forgettable glitches this is one of the most polished games made. they did a tremendous job at making that city feel like a real living place. 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mordukai

The fact of the matter is that infamous is no way more glitchy then any other open world game. I have never played an open world game that wasn't glitchy and thats that. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CL60
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    dude thats nuts, that  never happened to me. what system do you play it on? "
    It's a PS3 exclusive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.