Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinite Undiscovery

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 02, 2008

An exclusive Xbox 360 RPG from the creators of Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile. Unfolding in a game world which changes in real time, the player's choices will spin a tale of "unknown discoveries" and span multiple weaving story situations.

IGN reviews IU (7.1)

plainoldsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By plainoldsam

All I've gotta say was that it was a pretty bad video review. He spends most of the time complaining about the game, only to say that he liked it without going into further detail what he liked. He even goes as far as to recommend Fable 2 and Tales of Vesperia instead of this. Granted 7.1 isn't all that bad a score, it's still a poor video review. I'll see if the written review is any different later.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Subway

IGN for the most part has terrible reviews.

gabha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By gabha

1up gave it a B.

plainoldsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By plainoldsam
    Tarsier said:
    "Every RPG Square has put out on the 360 ha-"
    This isn't a Square game.
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Discorsi

^^ only published; not developed.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

exactly, B and a 7.1. its not terrible or anything, just average..exactly how it looked. I don't know why certain people were acting like this was gonna be some absolutely amazing game...(those who like jrpg's at least) looks just like every other one there is.

plainoldsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By plainoldsam
    Tarsier said:
    "I don't see how that goes against anything I said... Think about it =P"
    Uh, it goes against everything you said about Square trying to make the 360 look bad, because they haven't pushed any of their own RPGs onto the 360.

pause422 said:
    "I don't know why certain people were acting like this was gonna be some absolutely amazing game...(those who like jrpg's at least) looks just like every other one there is."
    I always acknowledged that IU had rough edges, but the concept was really awesome. 18 characters, a seamless world, situation battles, etc. I don't see how IU can be labeled as part of the JRPG stereotype.
    10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 10MP

if you arn't a big JRPG fan( only like final fantasy) then you should probly skip it.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Lashe
    Tarsier said:
    "Okay. Let me rephrase what I said to "the games Square publishes". How about that.. Just because they don't DIRECTLY make the game doesn't mean they have no say in what happens with the game. I really didn't want to get technical with this cause it seems silly to say "omg square enix conspiracy making 360 look bad" but as you can see there is a pattern forming.. PS games are good, 360 games are crap and have framerate problems / multiple discs. Get my point? Let's not try to complicate it any more all right? "
    Sorry, but I take issue with one of the comments -- multiple discs really isn't reason to call a game 'crap', nor does it make a game inferior. In fact, one of the reasons a friend of mine bought Lost Odyssey was based on the fact that it was multiple discs as it had connotations of old PS1 era FF games. Lost Odyssey, while not made by Square, is not hindered in any way by the fact it's on multiple discs. Plus, in my opinion, Square have gone down hill since FFX-2 and I really wouldn't say have redeemed themselves since -- regardless of system. The best thing to come from them are the DS ports/remakes recently, but I wouldn't consider that fresh material at all.
    plainoldsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By plainoldsam
    Tarsier said:
    "Okay. Let me rephrase what I said to "the games Square publishes". How about that.. Just because they don't DIRECTLY make the game doesn't mean they have no say in what happens with the game. I really didn't want to get technical with this cause it seems silly to say "omg square enix conspiracy making 360 look bad" but as you can see there is a pattern forming.. PS games are good, 360 games are crap and have framerate problems / multiple discs. Get my point? Let's not try to complicate it any more all right? "
    ..A pattern forming? First off, this is the first true RPG on the 360 that has had any ties with Square Enix (excluding their MMO), so I don't see a pattern at all. Second, it's not Square Enix's doing that Infinite Undiscovery and Final Fantasy XIII will be on multiple discs- you can blame Microsoft for that for not providing a larger storage disc ie HD-DVD or Blu-ray. Lastly, Infinite Undiscovery may not be critically acclaimed or have the production value of Final Fantasy, but from what was said, it isn't crap.

I don't get your point, because there's no point to get. Your conspiracy theory, like most conspiracy theories, have no real basis whatsoever.
    Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ma7moud

I was going to buy this game but the reviews aren't encouraging at all. However I wait for GB review to decide whether I'll buy the game or not.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By suneku

I wasn't expecting this game to get super good scores, at least a decent score so I'll still be checking this game out.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By ZimpanX

Seems like this game just wasn't ready yet, shame really. :/

Avatar image for shane_bettenhausen
    Shane_Bettenhausen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its a decent game

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AaronBelfast

I'll still buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.