European Players Will Finally Get Trenched This September--Just Not Under That Name

• 76 results
#51 Posted by SuperJoe (870 posts) -

The sequels should be named accordingly to prevent any confusion:

Trenched 2: Iron Brigade (US)

Iron Brigade 2: Trenched (EU)

#52 Posted by MisterMouse (3540 posts) -

The writing in this article is awesome!

#53 Posted by HellBrendy (992 posts) -

PROTIP: It's the Eurpean Union-layers that havenæt gotten this yet. I live in Norway, and I've had the possibility to buy this game since release. 

#54 Posted by Ezkilla (44 posts) -

About time I've been itching to play this

#55 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I read a post earlier today that said it was going to be called Drenched. After finding out that what I read was false, I think I would have preferred that.

#56 Posted by BirthWild (257 posts) -

I really think the crew should get the Trench boardgame and play it for TnT one day. Scrub league it or something.  

with the double fine team to play with them.

#57 Posted by JakeLogan (219 posts) -

See, now the guy with the "Trench" boardgame is fucked - even IF he EVER comes out with an actual game, he's simply going to be remembered as "That asshole with the boardgame that sounds like Trenched". 

When it patent sitting not patent sitting? 

When no one gives in to your horse shit...
#58 Posted by RTSlord (1198 posts) -
@Soap said:

Iron Brigade?.... that kinda sucks.

really? i thought the name was kinda cool, and it still kinda works
#59 Posted by superfunhappygun (83 posts) -
@Buzzkill said:

any word on a PC release?

This. I don't play online with my Xbox (all my friends game on their PC's) and playing this online seems like the way to go.
#60 Posted by Hauntedsoul (9 posts) -

Someone should patent patenting and end these dumb fights over word variations!

#61 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

@RTSlord said:

@Soap said:

Iron Brigade?.... that kinda sucks.

really? i thought the name was kinda cool, and it still kinda works

Yeah, me too. I guess it's a little generic but I like it better than ""Trenched". Even "Trench brigade" was not allowed?

#62 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

Never leave, Alex.

#63 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

I don't see how the guy is an asshole. He was protecting his trademark; all of you would have done the same.

#64 Posted by UberExplodey (926 posts) -

Iron Brigade is a game about love.

#65 Edited by Batmeng (200 posts) -

Seems like Double Fine just can't catch a break.

#66 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Good i bet that guy was waiting for MS to pay him lots of money for the name rights.

#67 Posted by CornishRocker (397 posts) -

Finally. I don't care about the name, I just want to play it.

#68 Posted by SmaQ (80 posts) -

I live in Norway, northern europe, and i bought that game a few days after its world wide release. So not all europeans were that unlucky.

#69 Edited by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Dammit, Microsoft! Why didn't you do this earlier?

How will Drenched be named? Rust Brigade? Iron Bridge-ade?

#70 Posted by Deusoma (3001 posts) -

Know where to draw the line, friend Alex. This is funny, but when the humour gets in the way of delivering the information, it harms the article's purpose as a news story.

#71 Posted by DontForgettheEyE (2 posts) -

I approve of this message. Well written old chap.

#72 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -
@rebgav: You mean you can't tell it's an Alex article when the title is several lines long and completely uneccesary?
#73 Posted by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -

About time, still seems all so silly on Microsoft's part. Hopefully Microsoft will advertise the game again.

#75 Posted by Katkillad (142 posts) -

I disagree with the conclusion of the article, all of the drama and press this received and the name change will probably increase sales more than what they would have been in Europe.

#76 Posted by Symox (5 posts) -

I nearly forgot about this, awesome!

#77 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

It's about time, too bad it had too take this long. I'll still buy it and also I kind of think Iron Brigade is a better name.

#78 Posted by Danda (76 posts) -

The US release should be renamed Trenched: Iron Brigade, and the European release should be called Iron Brigade: Trenched. Everybody wins! :D

#79 Posted by Polizei (30 posts) -

THANK GOD. I cant wait to play this game.

#80 Posted by Landoram (2 posts) -

I was rooting for "Warpits"

#81 Posted by cyberfr3akgamer (19 posts) -

loooool SOU PORTUGUES MWAHAHAHAHAH

#82 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Is this still not out in the UK? been checking every week and still no solid release date / presence on the store

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.