Gin and my horrible morning

Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Jeff is absolutely right, Gin is fucking disgusting. It smells and tastes like windex and has led me to an awful, awful morning. DO NOT DRINK GIN. Especially straight and accompanied by other drinks and beer.

I'm on my hands and knees in my backyard, head spinning with no clothes on begging for the ability to throw up. And after around an hour of agony. I do it like 3 times all over myself. Extremely Unpleasant. But the good news is I feel better a few minutes later. Although I do feel dizzy. 

Anyway now I'm going to take a nice shower, drink a ton of gatorade, and eat some toast. 

Moral of the story, don't be a Ryan. Avoid Gin at all costs. 

#1 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Jeff is absolutely right, Gin is fucking disgusting. It smells and tastes like windex and has led me to an awful, awful morning. DO NOT DRINK GIN. Especially straight and accompanied by other drinks and beer.

I'm on my hands and knees in my backyard, head spinning with no clothes on begging for the ability to throw up. And after around an hour of agony. I do it like 3 times all over myself. Extremely Unpleasant. But the good news is I feel better a few minutes later. Although I do feel dizzy. 

Anyway now I'm going to take a nice shower, drink a ton of gatorade, and eat some toast. 

Moral of the story, don't be a Ryan. Avoid Gin at all costs. 

#2 Posted by Jayzilla (2571 posts) -

and through all that you found the time to flip on the computer and leave us a note. how thoughtful...and SUPER COOL STORY BRO!

#3 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4898 posts) -

Don't be... Jeff?

#4 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Gin is good if you wanted to get blocked asap.
#5 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

That's pretty disgusting man.  Get off the forums and take that shower already haha

#6 Posted by mikeeegeee (1575 posts) -

Gin is delicious, you're doing it wrong.

#7 Posted by Binman88 (3690 posts) -

It's probably mixing your drinks that did it, not necessarily the gin itself.

#8 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

What kind of moron drinks beer and gin in the same night?  Of course that's going to be disgusting.

#9 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -
#10 Posted by Ghostiet (5306 posts) -

The TGV - gin combined with vodka and tequila, not stirred or shaked, is delicious.

Also, people claim that gin is shit because they don't know how to drink it, or buy shit.

#11 Posted by ArcLyte (893 posts) -

gin + ginger ale = delicious. it's the mixing of various alcoholic beverages that caused your hangover. next time, pace yourself, drink a lot of water, and don't go to bed drunk.

#12 Posted by animateria (3259 posts) -

Mixing drinks is always a bad idea...

Urg... I have bad memories.

#13 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Gin...shudder.   Drink scotch, it's never failed me. 

#14 Posted by Undeadpool (4996 posts) -

Gin and tonic, baby. You just need good gin. Beefeater, for instance, has never gone bad for me...except all those times I got way too drunk and woke up with a monstrous hangover...but that's any booze. Anyway, I love gin.

#15 Posted by JCrothers--defunct (43 posts) -

I can attest to the absolute disgustingness of gin. The only time I have ever "passed out" was after drinking gin. Never again i tell you... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

#16 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I drink Tom Collins, which contains Gin, on it's own it's not very nice though.

#17 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -
@Whisperkill: You think Gin is bad . . . wait til you meet his friend Everclear . . . 

Actually, I just had my first shot of Gin the other night.  I think it's really meant more as a mixer instead of a straight shooter.
#18 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Mixing drinks isn't that bad. It's when you mix drinks with beer that it all goes downhill.

#19 Posted by Mesklinite (813 posts) -

Liquor and beer you're in the clear!
#20 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Drinking a bottle of Gin on the subway and showing up to my old school's semi formal dance led to one helluva night. Fun times, until the morning =(

#21 Posted by MattyFTM (14431 posts) -

Gin & tonic is heavenly. It is disgusting on it's own - but so are all white spirits. White spirits aren't meant to be drank without a mixer. But mixed with tonic water (or orange, Gin & Orange is awesome too) Gin is lovely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.