Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jeff Gerstmann

Person » credited in 4 games

Jeff Gerstmann is the co-founder and former Editor-in-Chief of Giant Bomb as well as a professional video game scientist and anime expert.

Vote Jeff Gerstmann for Trending Gamer at The Game Awards

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@humanity said:

@vsharres said:

@milkman said:

@ildon said:

@fredchuckdave: I hope you're joking about TB being "more professional" than Jeff. TB literally sticks his foot in his mouth about every 2 weeks, and has been doing that for the past 9 years.

I mean...he also calls himself "Total Biscuit."

Now that you think about it...he is the only one in the list with his real name...that should be enough to know who is the most "professional"....

No one on YouTube is a professional anything.

I dunno. KSI landing a £5,000 a month flat for essentially shouting whilst he opens Ultimate Team packs is effectively organised crime.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dreffen said:

No one should take Total Biscuit seriously. Or, really, any youtuber.

There are a few of youtubers worth taking seriously, they are just microscopic diamonds in the largest rough ever known. Extra Credits does a fantastic job at addressing issues in games without being mean or hostile in any way.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Any list that has Jeff Gerstaman and PewDiePie on the same tier is broken from the beginning.

P.S. Also you have to vote by using Facebook or Twitter to basically promote their show, so, yeah, fuck this whole thing.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Done. He's gonna have a hard time beating Pewdiepie, but I wanna see Jeff begrudgingly accept this award so hard.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#105  Edited By Humanity

@shindig said:

@humanity said:

@vsharres said:

@milkman said:

@ildon said:

@fredchuckdave: I hope you're joking about TB being "more professional" than Jeff. TB literally sticks his foot in his mouth about every 2 weeks, and has been doing that for the past 9 years.

I mean...he also calls himself "Total Biscuit."

Now that you think about it...he is the only one in the list with his real name...that should be enough to know who is the most "professional"....

No one on YouTube is a professional anything.

I dunno. KSI landing a £5,000 a month flat for essentially shouting whilst he opens Ultimate Team packs is effectively organised crime.

It's all pretty gross but I guess it's in high demand.

Beyond_Recall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammondoftexas said:

I'm not just voting for Jeff, I'm voting against everyone else.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

There is no way in hell PewDiePie won't walk away with this. Millions of screaming teenage fans won't let him lose.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By defaultprophet

Total Biscuit will win and that's a fucking travesty with how far he's gone of the deep end lately.

So......he's a games journalist then?

@dreffen said:
    @fredchuckdave said:

@dreffen: TB qualifies as more of a professional than Jeff for the most part, doesn't mean you have to like him for it. Obviously Pewdiepie is the embodiment of the apocalypse.

In what world does he? This one?

They do the EXACT same thing as GB does. They put out MST3K style videogame commentary. I know it's cool to hate on popular people, but get off your high horse. You're delusional if you think the GB guys are "better" than these guys just because they have a website. I like GB a lot, but your statements are asinine

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Evilsbane

That picture...that is amazing I like TB as well but come on lets make Jeff "trendy" Blgh.

Edit: Wow I didn't know there was so much TB hate, I haven't really watched him for that long but shit had no idea there was so much controversy with him.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#111 jeanluc  Staff

Do you really have to vote using Twitter or Facebook? Fuck that shit.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe next year the Trending Gamer will be all of us, kind of like Time Person of the Year a while back. We just vote for a mirror.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By thegoldencat7

@patman99 said:

@thegoldencat7 said:

Would've voted but I dont have a twitter or facebook account. Do the numbers indicate the current placings or are some nominees just randomly attributed a larger picture.

I think the numbers do indicate their current position. When I went to vote, Jeff was #2 and the #3 and #4 positions were swapped from the picture posted above.

Well it sucks either way really. If whatevers in first is more visible on the page then it makes it more likely to stay in first. Hell, the names of #4 and #5 are actually cut off unless you click on them.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#114  Edited By GeneralBison

The moment PewDiePie puts out a video about the award, he's won it (unfortunately)

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@tearhead said:

Any list that has Jeff Gerstaman and PewDiePie on the same tier is broken from the beginning.

P.S. Also you have to vote by using Facebook or Twitter to basically promote their show, so, yeah, fuck this whole thing.

Eh you can construct the tweet to just not include the website link but just leave the hashtag...I think. That's what I did.

dreffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By dreffen

@dreffen said:
    @fredchuckdave said:

@dreffen: TB qualifies as more of a professional than Jeff for the most part, doesn't mean you have to like him for it. Obviously Pewdiepie is the embodiment of the apocalypse.

They do the EXACT same thing as GB does. They put out MST3K style videogame commentary. I know it's cool to hate on popular people, but get off your high horse. You're delusional if you think the GB guys are "better" than these guys just because they have a website. I like GB a lot, but your statements are asinine

No, they are. Or at least in this case better than Total Biscuit, noted 155 IQ haver. He's seems to consistently come off as a massive shithead. No one should take him seriously. The only reason someone should vote for him is for the fact that his asshole was bleeding for a year before he went to the doctor.

To take it one step further I don't really understand how anyone really watches any YouTuber, but that's me.

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, Pewdiepie?

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Ha, you fools are being played. This "award" category only exists to get these people's respective audiences talking about the awards show on social networks. You have been tricked into being their marketing.

Wait, are WE the trending gamers???!???

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TB will probably end up taking this out, but man I really REALLY want to see Jeff accept this "award" so bad.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: KSI is a misogynistic prick though so...

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fram said:

TB will probably end up taking this out, but man I really REALLY want to see Jeff accept this "award" so bad.

I don't know man Pew has like 20+ Million hits on Every video if he really wanted to rile up his fanbase there would be no stopping that.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fram said:

I don't know man Pew has like 20+ Million hits on Every video if he really wanted to rile up his fanbase there would be no stopping that.

If @jeff asks Dr Tracksuit to accept the award on his behalf we may have a chance.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite possibly the shittiest voting system I've ever seen.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Jeff wins and goes mad with power. Burns down the whole earth or something.

ganz32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck! Id hate to see Jeff lose to TB or Pewdy pie but there's no way im starting a facebook for this...

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

If Jeff win, I hope they use that picture for the award.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By chrissedoff

@dreffen said:

@fallen189 said:
    @dreffen said:
    @fredchuckdave said:

No, they are. Or at least in this case better than Total Biscuit, noted 155 IQ haver. He's seems to consistently come off as a massive shithead. No one should take him seriously. The only reason someone should vote for him is for the fact that his asshole was bleeding for a year before he went to the doctor.

To take it one step further I don't really understand how anyone really watches any YouTuber, but that's me.

Wow. I knew TotalBiscuit was a huge jerk and that he came off like a really awkward and pathetic dude on the SA forums, but that thread is a really fast way to demonstrate that he has the biggest ego and the biggest chip on his shoulder of any video game-related Internet personality in the world.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he wins so fucking much! This is so fucking stupid!

Avatar image for thewonderwaffle
    thewonderwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping Jeff wins, but more so that TB looses.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By winsord

I'd say I hope anyone other than TotalBiscuit wins, but this award is so dumb it doesn't even matter. Besides, even if Jeff doesn't technically win, you can't beat 100%.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totalbiscuit is a hero of mine. He has an iron will that I really respect. The industry is a thousand times better with him in it.

TDot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

I would've voted for Totalbiscuit.. 1-2 months ago. He kinda lost me when he joined the #GamerGate , but dropped the # off just as quickly, but still appealing to that "certain crowd" by his statements. E.g. dismissing that death threat against Anta or whatever her name was doing a talk in a Uni. lecture hall. Also arguing that white privilege isn't a thing by presenting it as just a class struggle and diminishing the nuance that racism plays in dynamics of society and the surrounding institutions. Funny that he uses his experience as a Northerner for his argument, but completely tunnel visioning out institutional racism in some UK police forces and the rise of populist-nationalist parties against dem brownies.

Nevertheless, he is still arguably the best guy to go for PC gaming in youtube. So yeah. C'est la vie.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PoorTommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#135  Edited By PoorTommy

It'll be daylight robbery if Jeff somehow is not able to take the title of this year's Trending Gamer! In fact if he doesn't win, it'll be some...

No Caption Provided

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#136  Edited By TheMasterDS

Did anyone notice how there were no women in the 5 choices? With GamerGate being so prevelant you'd think Zoe or Brianna would be nominated. Or do they not count because they're devs? Still Anita should probably qualify.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really fucking dumb

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By BisonHero

@cornbredx said:

Nah. It wants you to use facebook or twitter to even vote. Stupid. I know why (they want to cut down on troll votes), but it's still dumb and I'm not using twitter or facebook that way.

This. They could've just authenticated with FB/Twitter, but it looks like I actually have to make a FB/Twitter post with the appropriate hashtag for the vote to count. Nope, fuck that.

I do love that of all the possible pictures, that's the one they chose for Jeff.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themasterds: Fair point, it's a weird category considering does anyone actually know what the criterion are?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's weird, but I did it. Also it doesn't seem like he's going to be able to pull ahead of that annoying guy.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#141  Edited By conmulligan

@themasterds said:

Did anyone notice how there were no women in the 5 choices? With GamerGate being so prevelant you'd think Zoe or Brianna would be nominated. Or do they not count because they're devs? Still Anita should probably qualify.

There are no women on the advisory panel either, and only, like, 2 among the jury pool. Seems a bit out of touch.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By chrissedoff

@themasterds said:

I don't think there's anything that even resembles a reasonable argument that Anita Sarkeesian has not "trended" more than any other "gamer" this year.

Except for, "This is some dumb ass shit anyway who even cares" but that would be too logical to have any place in this discussion.

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By NachoBizNas
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By hatking

@themasterds: I guess they're trying to avoid threats of violence.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Who are Stampy Long Head and Evan "Vanoss" Fong?

and WTF is a "Trending" Gamer?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By spraynardtatum
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I genuinely want to like TB, but he seems to be a part of the crowd that takes the whole "pcmasterrace" thing waaaaay too seriously. Like, fine whatever you don't have to like consoles, but you don't have to be annoying about it either. I play and enjoy games on all platforms by the way, but I'm just sayin it irks me how far gaming has come yet we still have to deal with all this asinine fanboy bullshit.

But whatever, I digress. I hope Jeff wins because I feel like that would make for a nice laugh, but I expect PDP or TB to win.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep I noticed that same with the esports sections as well....

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
    VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

This is the worst idea ever.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By stryker1121

PDP is basically Lady Gaga/Miley/One Effin D rolled into one so I cannot see how our little Jeffy overtakes him. Also, can someone explain to me the significance of this "award" so I don't have to look it up? What is 'trending gamer,' is this like some teen choice bullshit?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.