Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 17, 2010

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days makes a notable switch of the titular duo, with James Lynch now taking up the role as lead protagonist over Kane. However the two are still once again forced to endure a hail of gunfire as they find themselves embroiled in Shanghai's criminal underworld.

Kane and Lynch 2 embodies everything I hate in games

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By normalpants

Just beat Kane and Lynch 2 on a rental and I feel like it stole part of my soul.  I want my 3 dollars back and I think the game probably owes me more.  The only thing that is somewhat novel is the camera approach, but the developers seem to coast on that concept and not bother with anything else remotely interesting. There was a certainly a wealth of mediocre shooting sequences, some gross cutting, swearing, more shooting, a tad more swearing, some abrupt camera cutting, a little more shooting, some shooting and then just a dash more shooting.  Nothing about the game or the world the game takes place in was fun or interesting.  Every character is dumpy and angry.  The world is dark, grey and bloody.  I understand you can swear in games now and IT'S SO FUCKING COOL LETS ALL SAY FUCK FUUUUUCCCKKKK but when it's every other word it just washes over you in a cold bath of negativity.  If want no more games that feel anything like Kane and Lynch 2.  I hope nobody bought it so we can finally be done with this forced amalgam of what uninspired people assume is fun to people that buy games.  Do yourself a favor and don't play this game.
    LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LincoIn

I haven't had a desire to play it even though I thought the first game was pretty good. Wish lO would get back to the Hitman franchise already.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BulletproofMonk
    @normalpants said:
    ''Do yourself a favor and don't play this game. "  
    Well I certainly won't.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

It's a bad game. 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ryax

nice wall. unfortunately for you i live the game. therefore this thread is invalid.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By commandercup
    @LincoIn said:
    " I haven't had a desire to play it even though I thought the first game was pretty good. Wish lO would get back to the Hitman franchise already. "
    Wow, you thought the first game was good? Was it your first next-gen game!?

@OP How do you like the multiplayer though? You have to admit some of those game modes are pretty interesting.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Brendan

I think this thread backfired, because now I kind of want to go and rent this game out of curiosity.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ryax
    @Brendan said:
    " I think this thread backfired, because now I kind of want to go and rent this game out of curiosity. "
    or did it backfire?!
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @BulletproofMonk: I think you misspoke. Didn't you mean to say "we have to steal the Declaration of Independence?"

@normalpants: And on topic, I know exactly what you mean. I like what the game did visually, like most everyone else out there, but so much of the game is just rote, gratuitous, and played out. If it had done those things particularly well, it would've been a better game. But it didn't. Of course, these things have already been said a million times.
    normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By normalpants
    @Brendan said:
    "I think this thread backfired, because now I kind of want to go and rent this game out of curiosity. "

Better yet, play it but try to play it in the way that gives them the least money.  The more people aware of how hopeless and devoid of soul this game is the better; it needs to become a shared experience that we can all point to and say "no, that's not what I want."
    commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By commandercup
    @normalpants said:
    " Just beat Kane and Lynch 2 on a rental and I feel like it stole part of my soul.  I want my 3 dollars back and I think the game probably owes me more.  The only thing that is somewhat novel is the camera approach, but the developers seem to coast on that concept and not bother with anything else remotely interesting. There was a certainly a wealth of mediocre shooting sequences, some gross cutting, swearing, more shooting, a tad more swearing, some abrupt camera cutting, a little more shooting, some shooting and then just a dash more shooting.  Nothing about the game or the world the game takes place in was fun or interesting.  Every character is dumpy and angryThe world is dark, grey and bloody.  I understand you can swear in games now and IT'S SO FUCKING COOL LETS ALL SAY FUCK FUUUUUCCCKKKK but when it's every other word it just washes over you in a cold bath of negativity.  If want no more games that feel anything like Kane and Lynch 2.  I hope nobody bought it so we can finally be done with this forced amalgam of what uninspired people assume is fun to people that buy games.  Do yourself a favor and don't play this game. "
    I read the post again and I think some of these points (bolded) aren't neccesarily bad things... you might not like the atmosphere and mood that the game has, but it seems like some of those parts can be good or bad. Sure the game is just a bunch of mediocre shooting scenes, but if you can establish a negative mood (that isn't one of frustration) then that could be the intended effect.
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crixaliz
    @normalpants: I share the same opinion cept for me the game froze multiple times (on PS3). I was even playing co-op and still couldn't enjoy it.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @EpicSteve said:
    " It's a bad game.  "
    Agreed.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Brendan
    @normalpants said:
    "@Brendan said:
    "I think this thread backfired, because now I kind of want to go and rent this game out of curiosity. "
    Better yet, play it but try to play it in the way that gives them the least money.  The more people aware of how hopeless and devoid of soul this game is the better; it needs to become a shared experience that we can all point to and say "no, that's not what I want." "

I'm gonna go rob a Blockbuster.  They can't afford security systems anymore right?
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Brendan said:
    " @normalpants said:
    "@Brendan said:
    Better yet, play it but try to play it in the way that gives them the least money.  The more people aware of how hopeless and devoid of soul this game is the better; it needs to become a shared experience that we can all point to and say "no, that's not what I want." "
    I'm gonna go rob a Blockbuster.  They can't afford security systems anymore right? "
    Or a proper building to operate in.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jimbo

I wish the Hide 'Em Up genre would just fucking die already.  Hiding is shit!  You know what's better than hiding?  Not fucking hiding.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Oni
    @normalpants: I completely agree. I think this game is dog shit.
    daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By daiphyer

It's a very generic Third Person Shooter. No thank you. IO, next Hitman please. Or another Mini Ninjas.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By septim

The first 2/3s of the game (clocking in at a whopping 2 hrs) are an absolute slog. It does get more interesting before the finale, but not enough to salvage a pretty lackluster game.

Godlovesugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Godlovesugly

I got a free copy (from a magazine subscription). I think I'm close to finishing it, the game is okay. It's not bad, it's not good either.  It just is what it is. 
    The style they've gone for however is brilliant, just a shame it's not much more than a really good tech demo.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By Yummylee

Well I liked it aplenty. Completed it three times now and would play through it again if anyone wanted help.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Fuck 

Hey it is fun

DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DoctorOptimist
    @Jimbo said:
    " I wish the Hide 'Em Up genre would just fucking die already.  Hiding is shit!  You know what's better than hiding?  Not fucking hiding. "
    It works well when you're against a platoon of enemies and bullets are barraging every where. It can also make gun fights more tactical, and in my opinion, intense. However, I wish there were more arcadey shooters in the vein of Max Payne back in the day.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheMustacheHero

It's an awesome game!

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By supermonkey122

I really like it. Alot of the problems reviews have mentioned haven't happened to me at all. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.