Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 17, 2010

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days makes a notable switch of the titular duo, with James Lynch now taking up the role as lead protagonist over Kane. However the two are still once again forced to endure a hail of gunfire as they find themselves embroiled in Shanghai's criminal underworld.

Pleasantly surprised

lleake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lleake

So I wasn't expecting much out of this game at all, I didn't like the demo and the only reason I'm playing it is that I had an open slot on GF.  But I have to admit, I'm kinda digging the full game.  The presentation and opening scene really grabbed me, I wasn't expecting that, and the gameplay feels much better to me than the demo.  If you like gritty games, definitely give it a shot.

FrankRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankRising

I am also enjoying Kane and Lynch 2. I went into it thinking I would like but man it is really fun. I am playing through it on hard and after I might play through it on extreme.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I know I'm going to love it. So much so that its middling amount of content will stand out all the more.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor

Despite the mediocre reviews (and the fact that the campaign is 3 hours 45 minutes long), I actually am glad I played it.

It looks incredible - technically it isn't pushing much and is actually pretty poor by today's standards but the filters and effects they have going on are insane. The look is unique and creative and really helped add a lot to the game.

It kept me playing despite the sparsity of what amounted to a story due to sheer in your face intensity. The gameplay was becoming repetitive, even with the short run time and the gunplay was rather weak with guns that were too inaccurate and didn't do enough damage (although much better than the first game) but despite all this, I kind of enjoyed it. A weird 6/10 for me.    

FrankRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FrankRising

I agree that the way they presented the game is pretty amazing. I have not beat it yet, but i am close. So far i give it a 7/10. I am really liking it. Oh and by the way, i also got it from GF. I am kind of glad I did because even though I am enjoying it, i don't think it is a 60 dollar purchase. Maybe 40.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By buzz_killington

The game is just so gnarly and gritty... it's different. And the presentation alone is worth experiencing the game.

FrankRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FrankRising

I agree buzz. It is really dark and gritty and i love it. Like i said, after i beat it on hard, i am going to play through on extreme. Looking forward to it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

and i thought the game was totally shitty ! 

should i try it out? o_O  twitchy cameras dont affect me or anything

Avatar image for coffeeandabagel
    CoffeeandaBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CoffeeandaBagel

I enjoyed it quite a bit. The campaign was super short, so I'll just play it again.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @CoffeeandaBagel said:
    " I enjoyed it quite a bit. The campaign was super short, so I'll just play it again. "
    Damn I love playing it again. Dog Days is very divisive.
    FrankRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FrankRising

Anyone else having some fun playing arcade mode? Since i have been enjoying it so much I should totally try out the multiplayer tonight. Cops and robbers sounds like a fun mode. Not sure about fragile alliance since i have heard people are annoying and just immediately go traitor. Are you guys enjoying the multiplayer?

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Evilmetal

you guys playing this as a rental or actual purchase?

ZipCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ZipCrash

Yea I really liked it as well. When you first start off with crappy guns the gunplay kind of sucks but once you get a bit further it actually feels pretty good. I haven't played the MP yet but I enjoyed the arcade mode and am expecting to enjoy the MP more. In response to Evilmetal, I have a rental. I'm considering buying it when I get my next paycheck. I'll play out the rental and see if I'm bored of the MP yet or not.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Branthog

The game is definitely a one trick pony. It's essentially you running down a hallway shooting stuff. Rinse and repeat for four hours. The presentation - though frequently looking very last-gen where things like faces and animations are concerned - is often times quite impressive. The story is about as flat and uninspired as possible, but you definitely get a taste of that "one long tracking shot in a movie" experience (though broken up with loading screens . . . meh).

A four hour game is hardly worth full price, but I wouldn't want another two hours of the same game, either (so perhaps it should simply have had a cheaper price point). It definitely gives you a good glimpse of how the "reality TV engine" thing they were using could potentially be used in another game with a better story and more varied gameplay. It feels like a really long demo of "not quite complete, but you get the idea".

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Branthog
    @CoffeeandaBagel said:
    " I enjoyed it quite a bit. The campaign was super short, so I'll just play it again. "
    That's kind of nuts. I don't see an value in a replay of this game, whatsoever. In fact, I was kind of asking myself "are we near the end yet?" for about the last two hours of the game (once I realized we were never EVER going to have ANY deviation from the one note the game has to play upon).

I really feel the best element of the game (which was sadly wasted on THIS game) was just the sort of "one long shot in a movie" vibe. It didn't take place over days or months. It was just one straight dash. If they could have done this without an loading screens, I think it would have felt like it missed the mark, but had just the slight edge of something cool.
    RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By RVonE

Apart from the visual style, I didn't care for it one bit.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By pweidman

While the gameplay is pretty damn repeptitive, a couple things really do still stand out and require multiple plays.  First, the harder diffs.  Hard is just that and really forces a change in approach and makes the game more tactical.  Extreme, even moreso.  This is especially true in co-op where the changes are accentuated, and the AI is much more aggressive and active and I swear there are more of the buggers.  The game's definitely much harder w/a friend, which is good but requires teamwork and patience.  You WILL die a lot.   5-6 hrs per playthrough too.

Second, the dialogue and sound, I feel is just great.  There are little bits that are easy to miss, but I catch myself thinking damn I wanna go back and see that again or hear that again, and from multiple perspectives. Lastly the weapons get vastly better as the game goes along, and make the  relative ineffectiveness of the guns early on sort of go away.  First half or more all you need to remember is shotty is king though,lol.  I'm still playing the campaign w/friends and look forward to trying the mp modes and I'm really curious about the arcade stuff I haven't touched.  I bought the game btw, and have none regrets.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vodun
    @Branthog:  But obviously CoffeeandaBagle sees this value so why the hell question it?
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Branthog
    @Vodun said:
    " @Branthog:  But obviously CoffeeandaBagle sees this value so why the hell question it? "
    Sorry, I mistook this for a discussion forum.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vodun
    @Branthog:  Starting your reply by calling his statement nuts isn't a very good way of starting a "discussion".
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By napalm
    @Vodun said:
    " @Branthog:  Starting your reply by calling his statement nuts isn't a very good way of starting a "discussion". "
    I approve of this burn.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Branthog
    @Vodun said:
    " @Branthog:  Starting your reply by calling his statement nuts isn't a very good way of starting a "discussion". "
    Hello, Literalnet.
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Moeez
    @Napalm said:
    " @Vodun said:
    I approve of this burn. "
    Haha, gotta love forum burns. 
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Branthog
    @Moeez said:

" @Napalm said:

" @Vodun said:

I approve of this burn. "
    Haha, gotta love forum burns.  "
    Yeah, let me know when he achieves one.

" That's kind of nuts. "

Wow, that's such an antagonistic comment. It's just a shade shy of insinuating someone's mother is a whore and their viewpoint is entirely invalid. Boy, so harsh of me.  It's clearly far worse to begin a post with "That's kind of nuts", rather than "but those two guys like the game, so why say anything". Because, you know, if someone says they like something, you shouldn't mention that you don't like it. And if someone doesn't like it, you shouldn't mention that you do like it. We don't so much want conversations around here as we do threads full of one singular opinion parroted as many times as can be done.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vodun
    @Branthog: So because you weren't overtly childish you should be commended? Your reply is just as derisive no matter what level of language you used. Coffe obviously just wanted to put it out there that he liked the game and you took the opportunity to put that opinion down. There were no points in either post which were open for discussion, they were just blank statements.

What has evolved since then might actually be called a discussion, which should make you happy since that's what you claim you wanted...although I have my doubts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.