Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts

Franchise »

The Kingdom Hearts franchise is a series of games conceived by fusing together popular elements of Final Fantasy story telling and classic Disney characters.

I don't care about Kingdom Hearts anymore. Who am I?

• 72 results
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Sure, I'd buy KH3 if it ever came out, but other than that...it's not really doing much for me anymore. What happened to me?

Note: In reply to Ryan's question during the Bombcast, yes there are a bunch of memorable tracks from the KH OSTs.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

You grew up. Now go play a good rpg.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cloudenvy

Well, what happened is that they got so caught up in their own incredibly stupid fiction!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Cloudenvy said:

Well, what happened is that they got so caught up in their own incredibly stupid fiction!

Yeah. I'd still totally buy KH3 if it came out.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

They need to just reboot the whole damn thing at this point. The plot and universe is a clusterfuck of the highest order. It is a shame, Kingdom Hearts was one of my favorite experiences the last console generation.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Kingdom Hearts 1, BBS, and 2 is what KH's is to me. On that note I'm still totally interested in KH3.

I'll never forget the masterpiece that is Kingdom Hearts 1. That game on expert with slow leveling is one of the most difficult and rewarding experiences I've had playing games.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@Cloudenvy said:

Dude, yes. An action RPG where you go around and meet all your favorite Disney characters? Stop right there, that is AWESOME. Why'd they have to push it?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By kindgineer

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Dude, yes. An action RPG where you go around and meet all your favorite Disney characters? Stop right there, that is AWESOME. Why'd they have to push it?

My sentiments exactly.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aegon

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Kingdom Hearts 1, BBS, and 2 is what KH's is to me. On that note I'm still totally interested in KH3.

I'll never forget the masterpiece that is Kingdom Hearts 1. That game on expert with slow leveling is one of the most difficult and rewarding experiences I've had playing games.

KH 1 was awesome. It was the first game I ever beat and holds a special place in my heart (no pun intended).

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrpandaman

Who are you, you say?

You're a better person.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

KH1 is really good. It hints at a further fiction, but that's all it really does and that's all it really needs to do in order to set up a big bad guy for you to go defeat at the end of it all.

KH2 makes the gameplay a lot better but falters in the story department a bit. It's still fun but it starts trying to explore a deeper fiction that rivals Resident Evil in how convoluted it has become.

Birth By Sleep has the best combat, so it gets a pass.

...and that's why you don't care about Kingdom Hearts anymore. All of the other games are boring or just too downright confusing to care about.

Yorkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yorkin

I haven't played any of those games, but I'd be glad to once there's an HD collection.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

I remember Kingdom Hearts was one of those games my brother borrowed from a friend and I happened to try it out and love it. I wasn't huge on anything RPG at the time, I didn't really even know what the game was about, and I thought the game looked a little bit too much kid-ish and Japanese for my tastes, but I fell in love with the majority of it, and then two came out, I pretty much beat that whole game in two sittings, and I really enjoyed that one too.

Ever since then though, it was just kind of meh, and I feel like the time has passed. I too will want to play Kingdom Hearts 3, but they just kind of got out of control in my opinion with the games I don't care to play. Now, if it goes into the third one, I don't know if I'll even be able to understand all that's going on since I haven't been keeping up with them. Although realistically, it wasn't that long ago that we all played those games, I feel like that was part of my child-hood in a sense, and my interests lie elsewhere.

Zealousadonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zealousadonis

The story is so disjointed and confusing and the cannon is spread over so many different platforms it's hard to keep track. Even if I still wanted to I don't think I would know what was going on if they made a KH3.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NegativeCero

I'm pretty much the same. I freaking loved the first two games, and maybe that was because I was a certain age when I played them, but I haven't touched any of the games in the series since.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By cornbredx

Ya, I don't blame you. The fiction got kind of ridiculous. They didn't need to go all crazy with it. 
    I just played it for the nostalgia, they really didn't need to push it past that for me. 
    I never played the DS games, just the PS2 ones, but KH2 was already kind of going there. 
    I'd still check out another one, but it doesn't hype me as much as it did when it was a new franchise now.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Considering the crazy amount of mythology they have to reconcile for people who have only played KH 1+2, I can't imagine what KH3 will look like.

That said, there was a time of my life I'd buy a PS3 just for KH3. Long gone now.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By coakroach

Putting out handheld games instead of focusing on finishing your trilogy is a pretty dumb way to go about things methinks.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
    deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I really enjoyed both 1 and 2 but haven't touched any of the handheld versions. At this point I don't even know if I would be excited if they finally announced 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d557b323a6f7
    deactivated-5d557b323a6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story is hot trash and needlessly convoluted.

@NapTimeSleeper said:

I really enjoyed both 1 and 2 but haven't touched any of the handheld versions. At this point I don't even know if I would be excited if they finally announced 3.

Samesies.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By C2C

As a series, I do not like KH. I see the appeal of it, but I have not played or cared for any of those games since KH2. The story never interested me and the gameplay isn't the best. I would not buy KH3.

That being said, I am not sure this matters by the end of the day. Maybe Square is pulling a pokemon and just targeting a younger crowd with the whole disney angle and I outgrew it. Maybe its just another version of the "final fantasy" effect where people will buy it on brand alone. Regardkess, as long as the target audience gets what they want out of that series, that's all that matters.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#22  Edited By Soap

It's best to just play the numbered Kingdom Hearts games and pretend all that side crap doesn't exist.

Even still there is some incredibly dumb stuff in KH2 which almost made me swear off the entire series. I'd still give KH3 ago if it ever got made.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WINDWAKER1

I actually just replayed the first two recently, really like parts of the story but overall the fiction is so overwhelming and stupid after a point that it's almost impossible to have a grip on the complete story/mythology. The 2nd game dealt with a lot of stuff that made no sense, I thought originally that it was because I didn't play the GBA game but it goes far deeper than that. All I hear during the cutscenes is light, dark, hearts, nobodies, darkness, heartless, dark, light, etc. It didn't make sense when I was 14 and it doesn't make sense now that I'm 20. Whatever.

I'd still totally play a 3rd game though. I feel like I have enough of a grasp on the story that I'd know what's going on, and that's enough for me. I still feel moderately attached to the characters since it was the first RPG I ever played, and want to see what happens, but the way they branched the story out in 2 was a turn off. I'm looking forward to the 3rd game and I'll probably borrow my brother's 3DS to play this new one too.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Dagbiker

Your name is Robert Paulson, you are 33, live at home with your mom, you are an avid collector of henti, and you never had a girlfriend.

How close was I?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Dagbiker:

His Name was Robert Paulsen.

In video games. we all have names.that name is Robert Paulsen.

inTYLERwetrust.

Lavapotamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lavapotamus

The first game is probably my favorite PS2 game after FFX. Disney was a large part of my childhood and I really enjoyed the concept of visiting different worlds/the overlying theme of friendship. I understand very little of what happened beyond the first game, though. I finished II and attempted Chain of Memories...haven't bothered since those. A well made numeric installment with actual new worlds/characters would probably interest me enough to return though. As long as it was the end of the series.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By M_Shini

For me personally its been years since a kingdom hearts game, they've taken too long since kh2 and now i just don't care about it anymore.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#28  Edited By jacksukeru

I personally play Kingdom Hearts for the same reason I play something like Diablo; You hit a bunch of stuff as you watch their lifebars go down, and then they explode into rewards like some kind of living pinata.

As someone who has kept up with the series (and played all but 1 of the games) I'm still looking forward to playing Triple D later this month. Now the thing about Kingdom Hearts is that it has pretty basic gameplay, so once I'm done playing through a game I'm also pretty done with its mechanics. Yet the time it takes for the next game to be released is enough for me to be up for more. Yeah, the story is convoluted as shit, but having followed it for so many years I can't help feeling a bit invested.

Not since the Metal Gear series have I followed a videogame narrative that spanned across so many games and years, and there's a certain appeal to doing just that.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By _Zombie_

I haven't cared since KH2. Plus, I didn't want to go buy a handheld just to play the games after that.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MoseSSesoM

I liked KH 1 and 2, would probably buy a 3 if they released it. I do not care at all about their side story stuff though.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frankfartmouth

I didn't like the combat in the first one so I never finished it. The idea seemed cool, but the combat was too simplistic. So maybe you're gravitating towards more complex gameplay?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

A normal person. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#33  Edited By Hailinel

@DoctorDanger99 said:

@Dagbiker:

His Name was Robert Paulsen.

In video games. we all have names.that name is Robert Paulsen.

inTYLERwetrust.

That is such an incredibly stupid movie.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By jimi

I never liked Kingdom Hearts because I have 0 nostalgia/personal interest in Disney.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MikkaQ

You're normal. You have better taste. That's what happened to you.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MiniPato

You're a person who didn't give in to their convoluted fiction and pretentiously titled handheld sequels which shamelessly recycle assets from the old games because they are too lazy to make a KH3?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By Nux

I'm the same way, I'll buy KH 3 if it ever comes out ut I don't cair about the other KH games that are out/coming out. At this point it's either put out KH 3 or don't. I just want them to stop putting out all these other random KH games and just get back to the main games.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DoctorDanger99

@Hailinel: YOUR SUCH AN INCREDIBLY STUPID MOVIE!

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BlueLantern1995

I only see 4 as in the Kingdom Hearts Series the rest are spin offs and/or not necessary/worthless. The 4 are: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Birth By Sleep.

I would buy 3d Drop Distance if it were on PS3 or PSP cause it may be worth it. I will buy Kingdom Hearts 3 when it comes out.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DoctorWelch

They pretty much fucked themselves in the ass at this point. The chances of anyone having actually played all of the six handheld games as well as the PS2 games are so slim that any story they could put in a third game would be complete nonsense to basically everyone.

I really loved the first two games, but by the time even the second game came along they were already way too far up their own asses with the story. Now, it's pretty much too late for any story in this universe to make sense, and I'm not confident Square would actually be able to pull off a reboot game as good as the first. It's funny how there are a lot of game companies that are trying to stay afloat in this economy, while Square seems to be actively trying to kill itself and all of its IP.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Cloudenvy said:

Pretty much.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LikeaSsur

It's a shame they've run away from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Those were defining games in my childhood. Now I go to the Wikipedia page to read the plot of Kingdom Hearts, and it's like a novel. Not even a good one.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Karkarov

@Phatmac said:

You grew up. Now go play a good rpg.

Yeah going to have to quote this one. Kingdom Hearts was never a "great game" it was just a really weird cross over that had some heart and a little ambition at first. The various spinoff's since have long since flushed said heart and ambition down the toilet.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nottle

I feel like i'm the only one who likes the ridiculous Kingdom Hearts story. Whats so hard to follow? I wouldn't mind playing Birth By Sleep but I don't own a psp.

@Karkarov: I don't know, I'd say the gameplay is a pretty fun action RPG. Maybe they could do things to make it a little deeper. Also maybe make the environments a little more lively.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zuldim

I've played Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, and 2. I would buy 3 in a heartbeat, but all these spinoffs are driving me off.

The PSP game, erm, being a PSP game doesn't help. I'd be super psyched for 3, but until that's announced, I'm fine.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By HHAP

I think those people that have played all the games up to this point are the ones who can understand this complex storyline. Somehow I did end up having all the systems for the games, but I still need to use a wiki to undertand some plot holes.

But I agree that a lot of people would lose interest in the franchise if they don't keep up with it.

dross24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dross24

@Aegon: I remember being a tween and finding some sort of comfort in the merger

that warmth is gone though

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By bacongames

KH is always a franchise that baffled me at how successful it was. But I guess a lot of people like FFVII and Disney movies of which I am not one.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By Vonocourt

Haven't played one since Kingdom Hearts II where the true allure of the franchise was made clear to me (reliving disney films), and where Square-enix started to go the opposite direction with the nonsensical original plot elements.

Though I've been on a JRPG buying binge recently, and seeing that I can get most of the handheld games for about fifteen to twenty dollars is really tempting.

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
    ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By ultimatepunchrod

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Cloudenvy said:

I totally agree, but I think they had to push it because it became more and more difficult to secure more rights to other Disney properties. In KH 2 you end up visiting many of the same worlds, and BBS is the same way. As the series went on, we stopped seeing more Disney or FF characters and started seeing more and more KH characters, but that's not so bad right? I mean who doesn't love Roxas....anyone?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.