L.A. Noire Coming to PC This Fall

• 190 results
Posted by Alex (2401 posts) -

Ever since L.A. Noire crossed the barrier of retail existence on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, indignant PC players have shaken their fists angrily in the direction of Rockstar's offices, demanding that their chosen platform receive its own version of the publisher's critically acclaimed detective thriller.

I still kinda wish Cole was played by Jon Hamm.

Congratulations are in order to the PC elite, as your incessant letter-writing campaigns, steady stream of outraged story and forum comments, and repeated orderings of unwanted pizzas to Rockstar's offices have paid off. The publisher today announced that L.A. Noire will be headed PC way this fall in both boxed and digital formats.

No word yet on whether any of the DLC content released on consoles will be included with the package, or whether PC players will still have to download it separately, but I imagine we'll hear more about that closer to the game's release.

While this is great news for PC gaming fans, one cannot help but shudder at the prospect of what modders may do once they get their hands on the game's various mutilated, nude corpses. One can easily envision a Cole Phelps "naked dead lady" mod coming along at some juncture. Is there any concept more horrifying than that of Cole Phelps' shrill, accusatory voice shrieking humorlessly at you from the visage of a nude corpse covered in dirt and dried blood? Good luck getting that out of your head for the rest of the day.

#1 Posted by Alex (2401 posts) -

Ever since L.A. Noire crossed the barrier of retail existence on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, indignant PC players have shaken their fists angrily in the direction of Rockstar's offices, demanding that their chosen platform receive its own version of the publisher's critically acclaimed detective thriller.

I still kinda wish Cole was played by Jon Hamm.

Congratulations are in order to the PC elite, as your incessant letter-writing campaigns, steady stream of outraged story and forum comments, and repeated orderings of unwanted pizzas to Rockstar's offices have paid off. The publisher today announced that L.A. Noire will be headed PC way this fall in both boxed and digital formats.

No word yet on whether any of the DLC content released on consoles will be included with the package, or whether PC players will still have to download it separately, but I imagine we'll hear more about that closer to the game's release.

While this is great news for PC gaming fans, one cannot help but shudder at the prospect of what modders may do once they get their hands on the game's various mutilated, nude corpses. One can easily envision a Cole Phelps "naked dead lady" mod coming along at some juncture. Is there any concept more horrifying than that of Cole Phelps' shrill, accusatory voice shrieking humorlessly at you from the visage of a nude corpse covered in dirt and dried blood? Good luck getting that out of your head for the rest of the day.

#2 Posted by nasie (126 posts) -

sweet!

#3 Posted by Arlecchino (38 posts) -

Now just bundle in RDR, and we're good to go.

#4 Posted by DazzHardy (800 posts) -

Thanks for that image Alex, that's just what I need before heading off to work x_X

#5 Posted by granderojo (1793 posts) -

I wish this had come to PC in the first place, a better pop grain filter mod would have been out on day one. I'll buy it again and play it again I suppose.

#6 Posted by Nicholas (416 posts) -

Great. If this means more people playing the game then great.

#7 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

This news I like

#8 Edited by mbr (43 posts) -

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#9 Edited by Fubar (166 posts) -

This is nice. I guess PC isn't all dead. I'm not the biggest fan of the rockstar games, but I'll buy it when it's on sale on Steam ... like I always do.

#10 Posted by Clockwk (61 posts) -

LA Noire always seemed to me like it would be a perfect PC game. I didn't understand why Rockstar decided to skip PC initially. Anyway thank goodness, I can't wait to get my hands on this.  

#11 Posted by thornie_delete (436 posts) -

Here's hoping the game is optimized. Rockstar has a crummy track record of optimizing console ports for PC.

#12 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1779 posts) -

awesome :) ... looking forward to it

#13 Posted by Cows_R_Crunk (35 posts) -

Nooooo I would have waited if I knew I could get it on PC...

#14 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

Why didn't they do this with Red Dead Redemption? 

I'm still glad they are going to release this, but I worry of how it will turn out because of how poorly handled the Grand Theft Auto IV port was.

#15 Posted by SockLobster (456 posts) -

THIS STILL ISN'T THE SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED QUICK LOOK BLARGH

#16 Posted by CheapPoison (742 posts) -

cool!

I am also kinda bummed out that this probably means Red dead will never make it too the pc.

#17 Posted by GuyIncognito (445 posts) -
@mbr said:

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O_O 

O_O 

O_O
#18 Posted by Jeffk38uk (719 posts) -

Glad they are doing a PC version finally, a shame most comments will just be "Wheres Red Dead Redemption?!" Fair point really as that game is apparently stupidly good, but it casts a shadow on from what I've seen, a very excellent game in its own right.

#19 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

Already bought it for 360 but hey, great anyway!

#20 Edited by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@thornie said:

Here's hoping the game is optimized. Rockstar has a crummy track record of optimizing console ports for PC.

Thats rubrish whining.. GTA4 was optimized for multicore runs like butter with better visuals in any i5+ ... The initial whining comes for dual core owners.

#21 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@DonPixel said:

@thornie said:

Thats rubrish whining.. GTA4 was optimized for multicore runs like butter with better visuals in any i5+ ... The initial whining comes for dual core owners.

no, I have a AMD quad core and it still ran pretty badly.

#22 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -
@SockLobster said:
hahaha 
#23 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

Though I will buy it to Support this trend, I can't imagine the thought process as to why they decided to bring L.A. Noire and not Red Dead Redemption?   Am I missing something?

#24 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Wow.  Didn't expect this.  (no sarcasm)

#25 Posted by Dork_Metamorphosis (251 posts) -

Awesome. That's my dad's christmas present taken care of.
#26 Posted by Brendan (8167 posts) -

@DonPixel said:

@thornie said:

The game came out in 2008, which was before i5 processors were the norm. Of course it runs well now, it's three years old. Most PC gamers who weren't loaded were running dual core, maybe quad core rigs in '08.

#27 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@Laketown said:

@DonPixel said:

@thornie said:

no, I have a AMD quad core and it still ran pretty badly.

MMokay ?

#28 Posted by MachoFantastico (4890 posts) -

Amazes me how many PC gamers have been desperate for Rockstar Games to release this and Red Dead Redemption on PC so it's nice to see them finally doing it.

#29 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Features a new section of the game where Cole gets really sick and has a long, playable fever dream where he's a cowboy in the early 1900s who's forced to hunt down his old gang member buddies in order to save his family.

#30 Posted by ericdrum (405 posts) -

I'm in. I've played a few hours on 360, but I'm going to wait for this version and sell my 360 copy.

#31 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2422 posts) -

YES!!!! FUCKING AWESOME! THIS NEWS MADE MY DAY!

#32 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@DonPixel said:

@thornie said:

Puh-lease!

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digitalfoundry-gta-iv-frame-rate-analysis

Look at your buttery smooth PC version running on an i7 and GTX 295 at the time of release, incapable of sustaining a consistent framerate. Rubbish whining my behind.
#33 Edited by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@SlasherMan: @Brendan: @Laketown: I have a solution then.. go to Rockstar forums and all over the internet: Do a hundred post whining and supporting to Torrent it.

That sure it's going to make Rockstar more likely to bring games to the PC.

#34 Posted by claudius (184 posts) -

This is great news. I had pretty much lost hope after RDR never came to the PC.

#35 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Just imagine the graphics, will put everything else to shame with the realism, high rez and high rez textures

#36 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

@SockLobster said:

inorite?

#37 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

YYYEES, I never thought they'd actually do it.

#38 Posted by Linkster7 (1045 posts) -

Ah damn, I would rather play it on the PC. The slowdowns and frame rate issues really bugged me while playing this on the PS3.

#39 Posted by Otrebor (86 posts) -

This great. Now bring Red Dead Redemption next.

#40 Posted by Jumbs (272 posts) -

IM COLE PHELPS

AND I HAVE NO "INSIDE VOICE"

#41 Posted by Siphillis (1298 posts) -

And now, I ponder selling my PS3 copy.

#42 Posted by Binman88 (3692 posts) -

Why would I want to get that image out of my head? 

#43 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@DonPixel said:

@SlasherMan: @Brendan: @Laketown: I have a solution then.. go to Rockstar forums and all over the internet: Do a hundred post whining and supporting to Torrent it.

That sure it's going to make Rockstar more likely to bring games to the PC.

I love your way of thinking. Either love of them to death and take any turd they throw at you, or go right ahead and pirate everything they release. Fantastic logic there, chap!

How about this: If it's not worth my money, then it's not worth my time.
#44 Posted by Chocobodude3 (644 posts) -

I don't want to think about the system requirements 

#45 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Let's see first if the port is good. GTA4's PC port was pretty bad.

#46 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

@SlasherMan: Yeah dude whatever Viva La Revolucion PC! Burn Rockstar down!

I had a good time with GTA4 and runs pretty well in my PC. About your flawless logic I say COOL STORY BRO.

#47 Posted by Fudge91 (200 posts) -

"Congratulations are in order to the PC elite"

Oh alex you're so cute...

#48 Posted by hi_im_rob (209 posts) -

I will buy this on PC. It's become my platform of choice for singleplayer games ever since I hooked it up to my big-screen.

#49 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@DonPixel said:

@SlasherMan: Yeah dude whatever Viva La Revolucion PC! Burn Rockstar down!

I had a good time with GTA4 and runs pretty well in my PC. About your flawless logic I say COOL STORY BRO.

and multiple people didn't, so stop acting all defensive of rockstar, they are a big boy company and they can handle themselves

#50 Posted by Eribuster (511 posts) -

This is great and unexpected news. Glad to see this is coming to PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.