Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

L.A. Noire First Trailer Released. It'll intrigue you.

• 66 results
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @mrfizzy said:
    " @MiniPato said:
    " @mrfizzy said:
    " im pumped! just hope they do go with a more story based game rather than "your a detective... now heres a gun". "
    If they can use that facial expression technology in the gameplay and make us determine whether someone is lying or knows something, that would be amazing.     
    You just blew my mind. that would be insane! "
    Picking up on lies through reading facial expressions is precisely their intent. It's my understanding the game is focused far more on story and detective work than action. The facial technology is developed by Depth Analysis, a sister company of Team Bondi's. They seperated the developer from the tech because they intend to license the technology to third-parties, which will be especially cool when used in really high end PC games or next-gen consoles whenever they eventually come around. There was a few odd looking moments, like the lady screaming and the guy with the shot gun yelling, but the more subtle dialog looks rad I think.
    Soulderon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Soulderon

this is going to be one of the coolest games yet...

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By SumDeus

The writing sounds fantastic (so far) and that facial animation is truly incredible. Very intrigued.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @TrueEnglishGent said:

" Left me underwhelmed I have to be honest.   The main chap looked a lot like Aaron Staton from Mad Men.  "

That's because he's the main protagonist.

Hollywood director Michael Uppendahl is on hand to help, and will direct stars like Aaron Staton

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By HandsomeDead

Hm, just reading the Wikipedia and it's not developed by Rockstar themselves, it's Team Bondi who did The Getaway which was really bad. Not sure how I feel now.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57  Edited By me3639

RockStar, nuff said.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By trophyhunter

It's a open world crime game right?

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#59  Edited By Sin4profit

said it before, sayin it again, The fluidity of the lip movment makes the rest of the face look very stiff.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " Hm, just reading the Wikipedia and it's not developed by Rockstar themselves, it's Team Bondi who did The Getaway which was really bad. Not sure how I feel now. "
    Team Bondi didn't do the Getaway, their ex project leader (who wasn't part of the initial group) headed The Getaway for Sony years ago.  Team Bondi are mainly modders from Australia whose technological prowess with modding GTA Vice City and San Andreas (GTA MP) and this game (which started as another mod) impressed Rockstar so much that they bought the group out as Team Bondi.  Bondi is a suburb of Sydney which is where most of group hail from.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " Hm, just reading the Wikipedia and it's not developed by Rockstar themselves, it's Team Bondi who did The Getaway which was really bad. Not sure how I feel now. "
    Team Bondi didn't do the Getaway, their ex project leader (who wasn't part of the initial group) headed The Getaway for Sony years ago.  Team Bondi are mainly modders from Australia whose technological prowess with modding GTA Vice City and San Andreas (GTA MP) and this game (which started as another mod) impressed Rockstar so much that they bought the group out as Team Bondi.  Bondi is a suburb of Sydney which is where most of group hail from. "
    Ah, excellent. I'm back on board.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BBQBram

Obviously Rockstar is putting faith in Team Bondi, so I can rest assured this will at least be good, and hopefully amazing to the degree of GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption. The setting is cool, I too got a bit of a Mafia 2 vibe out of it, but done, you know, tastefully and not like any other Scorsese ripoff. 

And I'm also hoping for very story driven missions - we went from being raging criminals to an immigrant being forced back into the world of crime, to a gunslinger back on the old trail where we make the choice of reverting to old ways or being a changed man...I think it's time for a straight-up good guy to feel as awesome as those dudes without the contrivance of "Imma shoot everything!". 

Also - Kevin Cosgrove! As a noir detective! Hell yes!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By veektarius

I love LA Confidential more than any other movie, so I can't hate this, right?

FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By FongGhoul

Yeah the textures on the faces don't look great, but those animations... 

Actually I wouldn't be as blown away by the facial animations if it weren't for Cosgrove's expression at 0:42. It's oddly those subtle things that seem to be the most surprising. If you watch Mad Men, that expression is SO Cosgrove.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Veektarius said:
    " I love LA Confidential more than any other movie, so I can't hate this, right? "
    I do love LA Confidential, but it looks like this might be sticking almost too closely to that same plot line. I'm sure the details will vary, but I can already start to piece together quite a bit from the trailer and it seems extremely similar.

Up and coming young cop in the LAPD with a strong sense of morality and justice becomes a homicide detective. Weathered and corrupt Irish police chief is constantly breathing down his neck and reminding him that he doesn't have the stomach for the job. He in fact does have difficulty at first dealing with the harsh realities of homicide, but he eventually is able to solve the big case and restore a little honor to the LAPD.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By fjordson

Looks incredible. And Rockstar's involved so expect a classic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.