Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Rockstar Details LA Noire's Pre-Order Bonuses

• 122 results
    frostburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By frostburn

Bullshit pre-order bonus crap, how about if we pre-order your game we get all that shit?  Don't leave out game play "cases" just because we didn't pre-order from Gamestop or Walmart come on Rockstar, shit move.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By bybeach

You, those those saying rockstar is too cool or such, and I guess this has something to do with morality, this is the dev that brought you games where you take on missions to kill thirty guys and ocassionally someones wife or girlfriend. Civs in their games are at best an impedance, a cop draw, or a source of transportation ala car jacking.Besides all that Rockstar also brought you manhunt 2 (the first one in my book was nasty but had enough going for it, i played it.. Also to be honest, despite the wife killing, I liked vice City alot) 

So Rockstar being too cool, hell they are doing it and  fucking store specific to boot. I'm loosing my respect more and more in a broad sense to the point it's better for me to just put it aside. I would not tar Double-fine this way, after all.Now  I do want the game, I'm honest about that. And that said, though I am going to order from amazon though I very much doubt pre-order, 

I thought the shirt from Target the best long term deal. Just saying   :)

Avatar image for tragicallyerock
    TragicallyErock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By TragicallyErock

TARGET - LA Noire T-Shirt  
    Here’s a fun and self-explanatory one: Target is offering a LA Noire shirt via the Rockstar Warehouse. You can pick your size at the store.

THIS is the only true "BONUS" out of the whole bunch.
    Every other store is just shaving off a piece of the game that would otherwise be included if it wasn't for all this pre-order BS.

It's like getting the XXL Budweiser shirt with your case of beer. Sure, it's lame, but at least it is a "bonus". Regardless if you want the crappy t-shirt or not, you still no what you're getting (...whether you want the crappy BEER or not is another question.) They aren't adding 10% more hops if you buy it at one store, while having an extra flavored malt at another.  What's in the box, is what's in the box.

I'm sad that we as gamers are stupid enough to let this stuff happen. If we stop scrambling to get our pre-orders in and just buy the games when they come out, then this Exclusive pre-order BS will stop working, and retailers will stop doing it.
    quirkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By quirkwood

Man I hate how they do this! I live in Australia and we have no Gamestop OR Wal-mart, and I doubt Amazon or Target will be giving us any neat preorder deals not to mention the fact that nine out of then times I can get a game cheaper from a different retailer.  

I seriously hope the extra content becomes available for download later. 

hibikino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By hibikino

This trailer and article won me over... Definitely Pre-Ordering!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By JoelTGM

ugh, f off

Avatar image for dumplingdinosaur
    dumplingdinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Feeble bonuses. Mortal Kombat preorder I choose you!

shmappblarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By shmappblarg

Damn, more retailer specific bonuses. I'm just hoping they eventually let you buy the extra cases after a while. It's completely understandable why they do these bonuses, but it really can be a suckerpunch if you are not paying attention

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By warchief

retailer exclusive content can go fuck itself 

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#110  Edited By Blackout62

And the pre-order bonuses are suits. Damn my affinity for mens fashion because to me that on paper sounds awesome but in practice is very depressing.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#111  Edited By Rekt_Hed

WELP! Its official - THIS SUCKS -

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By jstaunton

I really wanted some sort of finely-detailed figurine, or at least something I could handle myself.

In-game bonuses have yet to excite me.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By Jayross

Fuck Gamestop.

Bloodrush545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#114  Edited By Bloodrush545

Hey, stop worrying about our money and worry about releasing this fucking game. I have wanted to play it since I saw the trailer like three years ago.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By dvorak

As long as they add the content down the road then I'm okay with it, but how likely is that?

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116  Edited By Shakezula84

I can't wait for this game.

Alex_Carrillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Alex_Carrillo

So I have to pay for the game before it's out in order to get in-game, very likely on-disc content? And even then I wouldn't have everything. I'd have to pre-order and buy the game from both GameStop and Wal-Mart.

Why the hell isn't this crap bothering more people. It's really fucked up. It is the dreaded "rip content from the core game" only instead of offering it as DLC they're forcing you to buy the game before launch. It's fucking messed up, dudes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm not going to play into their game and pre-order it, no matter how much I actually want the game now. Fuck exclusive pre-order bonuses to certain stores.

GiantBeddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By GiantBeddo

Quite appreciate films noir. Interested to see what a game noir will look like.

FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By FongGhoul

Dude, all you people complaining - when you finally play the game you'll realize that NONE of these will significantly factor in the game experience. The additional cases? No more than 30-40 minutes of gameplay that was either taken from the cutting room floor or thrown together at the last minute after the core game was done. The suits are a joke and should only bother you if you're super-anal about seeing every single piece of content or if you need to boost your stats to get through the game. 

I would never let some stupid piece of in-game content influence my decision to buy a game from a particular retail outlet. But T-shirts? I fucking LOVE T-shirts.

NickTheDynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#121  Edited By NickTheDynamo

Does the T-shirt actually say "LA Noire T-shirt"?

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#122  Edited By yevinorion
    @FongGhoul:  Agreed, I use Amazon as it's just my retailer of choice. However, to say these are insignificant to game play may not always be the case. One could argue that in RDR the Gamestop bonus (deadly assassin outfit) had a rather significant bonus as it doubled the regeneration rate of your dead-eye meter. Still, I hate that they continue to do this as I'm one of those people who just wishes they could have all the content, but refuses to buy the game multiple times so I just have to lose out. Hopefully at least those cases will come as DLC later on.
    MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By MOAB

"Get a $15 Video Games Credit

Pre-order L.A. Noire and receive a $15 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads), as well as the Broderick Detective Suit, which boosts your fist-fighting capabilities and resilience to damage."

that's easily the best deal

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.