What is the Best Lego game in your opinion?

#1 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (102 posts) -

I have played all but the Lego Batman 2 and so far I have liked Lego Batman the best...what is your favorite.

#2 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

I guess the first Indiana Jones.

#3 Posted by GreggD (4477 posts) -

Lego Island, motherfucker.

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Lego Loco and Rock Raiders 

I think Lego City Undercover will be up there though.

#5 Posted by mosespippy (4034 posts) -

Does Life of George count? Any lego game that actually has you building things with lego is instantly better than any lego game that doesn't.

#6 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

They've pretty much gotten better with each entry, with a few exceptions. Lego Indiana Jones tried to change up the formula a bit, which was nice, but it didn't fully develop the ideas enough. I think the first Lego Batman was pretty poorly designed too, with bad level design and pointless unlocks (being able to unlock vehicles that you couldn't use, because you needed specific vehicles with certain abilities to progress through the levels).

Lego Batman 2 was really good though. The open world added a level of exploration that was a lot of fun and the voice acting was genuinely really well done and pretty amusing at times. I loved Batman's attitude towards Superman.

#7 Edited by skyline7284 (503 posts) -

Lego Star Wars was pretty awesome.... but nothing ever matched... Lego Stunt Rally

#8 Posted by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -
#9 Posted by Lumley (945 posts) -
#10 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@GreggD said:

Damn... the Nostalgia from that game just blew my face off... Hopefully I don't have to search for all the parts like that damn helicopter!

#11 Posted by camp7203 (121 posts) -

Lego Star Wars complete saga!

#12 Posted by Tygerbite (36 posts) -

I played a shit ton of Lego island and Lego racers as a kid. The best one i've played recently is probably Lego star wars.

#13 Posted by Toxin066 (3254 posts) -
#14 Edited by BadSniper52 (604 posts) -

Lego island is my shit, I play that game for hours and hours.

EDIT: Lego Loco too!

#15 Edited by LobsterVendetta (105 posts) -

Lego Racers.

You know, Lego without licensed properties attached to it. Lego Island was good too.

Rocket Racer needs to return, and none of that Evil Knievel ish. Plus more representation of classic themes.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Rock Raiders

#17 Posted by Mixwizzard (83 posts) -

@GreggD said:

#18 Posted by Bollard (5254 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

Lego Loco and Rock Raiders

QFT

Lego Racers is dope too.

#19 Edited by GunstarRed (5027 posts) -

I like Star Wars, Batman and Indy for their settings, but the one I have had the most fun with was the first Harry Potter game, mostly because of its emphasis on puzzles over combat. Thats one of the biggest problems with those games, the earlier ones had far too many instances of wave after wave of respawning enemies where you'd be trying to do a puzzle and stop for two minues while you mashed one button.

The best Lego game that isn't one of the platformers is Rock Band... It has the Ghostbusters theme and a Lego Freddie Mercury in it.

#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

@GreggD said:

Hell to the yeah!

#21 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

Played a lot of Lego Rock Raiders back when I was little...might be nostalgia talking but that was one hell of a game.

#22 Posted by believer258 (11636 posts) -

Lego Island 2.

#23 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -
@GreggD said:

Lego Motherfucker Island
#24 Posted by Hunter5024 (5543 posts) -

The demo for that lego kart racer because it's the only lego thing I've played. Maybe I should fix that, but ehhhh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.