Brief information about Lego Racers 2
Lego Racers 2 is the sequel to Lego Racers published by Taito Corporation. The game was developed by ATD and Pocket Studios. In Lego Racers 2 there are five new worlds. You start at 'Sandy Bay' which is the hometown. After completion of this world the player will move to another world called 'Dino Island'. In the same matter the player will move to a futher three worlds which are 'Mars', 'Arctic' and 'Xalax'. In the final world 'Xalax' the player will race the ultimate boss 'Rocket Racer' in a giant stadium where they will race for the title of 'greatest racer in the lego galaxy'. A player will only move on from world to world if they win five races and collect gold bricks.
There are only three racers that are returning from the original Lego Racers and they are,
- Rocket Racer.
- Sam Sanister (named Baron Von Barron in Lego Racers)
- Johnny Thunder.
There are five different worlds in the Lego Racers 2 game which are based on different themes. In addition to this each world is designed from some original Lego sets. The five worlds are,
- Sandy Bay. This world is based on Lego Town sets. This is an island that has a town, construction sites and a lot of beaches. This world aswell as the other worlds has portals to get to different worlds. This world has four bosses that you have to race before challenging other worlds. Golden bricks can also be located in and around this world.
- Dino Island. This world is based on Lego Adventures sets. This world is similar to the first as it is also an island. The difference is that this world has got rivers, a volcano, a jungle, a tirbal village, ancient ruins and only has a few beaches. On this world it has constant rain and there are running lego dinosaurs. Golden bricks are also located in this world.
- Mars. This world is based on Lego life on mars sets. This world has a series of valleys that are inbetween the mountains. It features a martian mine, martian base, abandoned martian base, crashed space shuttle, caves and lava rivers. It is possible to reach the top of the mountains in free roam but you need a lot of speed. Golden bricks are found on this world.
- Arctic. This world is based on the Lego arctic sets. This world is an island with a mountain, a beached tanker, an ice maze, an iced lake and several bosses. In this world it constantly snows. Golden bricks are found on this world.
- Xalax. This world is the only world that doesn't resemble a lego set. This world is a dome full of cheering fans an includes a volcano, lava lakes, jumps, loops and a tunnel. Golden bricks are located in this world.
- Dig a Brick.
- Special Delivery.
- Hot Stuff.
- Bobby's beat.
- Tribal Trouble.
- Dino Dodgems.
- Cretacious Canyon.
- The lost race world.
- Sam sanisters slammer.
- Mars attack.
- Lava canyon.
- Logged out.
- Martian invasion.
- Snowy glaciers.
- Icy mountains.
- Lake race.
- Maze of craze.
- Volcano rush.
- Loop of luck.
- Lava falls.
- Oval circuit.
- Construction worker.
- Sam Sinister. His car has a super engine.
- Berg. He is an ice monster that runs instead of driving.
- Rocket Racer. The former fastest driver.
In this game there are also normal lego racers that include,
- Pippen Reed.
- Sir Cunningham.
A player can recieve upgrades for their cars by winning mini games. Each mini game are accessed by driving through a vortex whilst exploring worlds. There is always one easy mini game per world and one difficult mini game per world.
The upgrades come in three catagories which are,
- Grip. This improves how well the car turns and how it slides.
- Power. This can improve the cars speed and can determine how far the car can climb a mountain.
- Shield. This controls the amount of damage your car can take from an opponent.
There are many different types of powerups on this game which can be used whilst racing. When you drive through a glowing, spinning lego brick, you will recieve this powerup. Whatever the brick lands on determines the powerup you get. To use a powerup you press the fire button. The powreups are,
- Weapons. This allows the racer to take bricks from another racers car. The symbol for this is a gray ninja.
- Stealth. This makes the racers car invisible to other racers. The symbol for this is a gray fox.
- Drill. This allows the racer to fire a missile into the front of another racers car. The symbol for this is a drill.
- Disk. This allows the racer to fire a flying disk into a racers car. The symbol for this is a disk with blades.
- Missile. This allows the racer to fire a missile into another racers car. The symbol for this is a bloodhound.
- Explosion. This allows the racer to put a bubble around thier car to prevent attacks. The symbol for this is a storm cloud.
- Whirlwind. This allows the racer to put a whirlwind around their car and makes other racers move away. The symbol for this is a twister.
- Destructabrick. This allows the racer to take three layers of bricks of every racers car. The symbol for this is a flying lego brick.
Lego racers 2 has more freedom than lego racers because the player can free roam and can talk to other people.
In the lego racer you could only drive karts whereas in lego racers 2 you can drive trucks, tank-like treads, lorry cars, hover cars and snow vehicles with skis.
Lego racers 2 consists of more bricks bt less characters than lego racers. However you cannot change your character during story made but can change your car.
In lego racers 2 you can have up to eleven opponents but in lego racers you could only have five opponents.