Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 18, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2 expands the creation tools introduced in the first game, allowing user levels to diverge even more from the base gameplay. It also features a new story mode.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Confirmed, Makes The First Seem Like A Demo

• 80 results
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Media Molecule's just confirmed LittleBigPlanet 2 on Twitter. Apparently we'll be hearing much more on Monday. But for now, there's tons of information over on GAF taken from the latest issue of GameInformer -- and it all sounds ridiculously amazing.

Okay. Here we go:

LittleBigPlanet 2 Game Informer June 2010 Issue Information

Context about the first LittleBigPlanet

- The first LBP was never intended to be a simple platforming game
    - Over 2 million levels available online
    - About 56,000 new levels per week on average

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Starts Here:

- LBP 2 has less of a focus on platforming altogether and it's more of a platform to actually create games with
    - There is an all-new level creator and it is not just a tool to create platform games.
    - As examples, the game 100% encourages the player to create game types and wants you to make a shooter, a racer, puzzle games, Space Invaders clones, even RPGs

- A player can even customize a HUD. The example given is a health bar for a fighting game.
    - A Media Molecule developer has created a fully-functioning Command & Conquer Clone
    - Media Molecule loves that a lot of user-created levels in LBP1 were homages to classic games and laments that so many manipulations of the creation tools were necessary to do them. Sackboy won't need to be "hidden behind the curtain" when you make games with LBP2.
    - There is a new super-important creator tool called "direct control seats"
    - (from previous point) In LBP1, lots of people made rudimentary "hold R1 to accelerate" vehicles. Mark Healy created a car out of rubber wheels and a bottle, then placed a direct control seat in it. He pulled up an interface that resembled a PS3 controller and assigned commands to buttons.
    - Example given was assigning Sixaxis tilt for forward and reverse, horn on the X button.
    - You are no longer limited to the game's stock sound effects. You can record your own sounds and voices, attaching them to characters or objects. Magic Mouth from the original LBP is gone
    - Direct control seat's control scheme is instantly accessible and you can attach it only to the part of the vehicle you want it to control.
    - Example was given about the 8/16-bit remakes/tributes having to use the signature gameplay mechanics of LBP. That is no longer true in LBP2. A creator can place a direct control seat on their own platforming protagonist and complete it with a customized control scheme.
    - Example of the previous was Yoshi's Island. If a player creates the perfect recreation of the SNES-era jump they can share it with anyone in the community.
    - There is an in-game microchip that functions as a calculator and it is a direct response/homage to PSN user Upsilandre (seriously, he's mentioned by name)
    - Enemies in the original title could only be programmed with super-basic commands and most resembled marionettes.
    - Users will be able to take a template for an enemy called a Sackbot, tweak the AI and dress it in any way they choose.
    - Creators can choose the weak points on the Sackbot, determine if it is scared of heights, and even program acting routines.
    - A disco scene was set up by Media Molecule and two employees recorded together on a single Sackbot. They moved its arms and bobbed its head in a dancing routine. JUST the AI was copied and pasted onto twenty different Sackbots. Each Sackbot was given its own unique look.
    - There are now movie editing options as well.
    - Every LBP2 player will receive their own profile on LBP.me. It will display your activity feed as well as previews of their own stages
    - There will be user-created integration in QR codes as well. They can be printed on advertisements, business cards, and automatically load a level when held up to the PlayStation Eye. There is no special menu to do this. Any time the PS3 is turned on and running LBP 2, you can wave it in front of the Eye.
    - If you are not near your PS3 you can take a quick photo with your smartphone to see an online preview of the level and add it directly to your level queue.
    - For creators of multiple levels, you will be able to string your stages together so that they flow from one level to the next.
    - Sackbots can be drastically increased or decreased in physical size.
    - Sackbots can be controlled by direct control seats as well.
    - There is a new gadget (like the MGS paintball gun). It is a big-ass grappling hook.
    - Media Molecule says explicitly there are multiple more gadgets coming.
    - All DLC from LBP1 transfers over to LBP2. Including downloaded content packs, costumes, etc.
    - There is a major overhaul to the story level as well. There's the same 3-plane perspective for the story mode and the levels so far have a similar run-jump-grab platform style.
    - Storyline is not country-based like last time, but is based in periods of time
    - Here is a list of levels and summaries so far:

- Techno Renaissance: Whimsical alternative take of the Renaissance period. Leonardo da Vinci-like character to guide him through a technology-based twist level

- Steam & Cake: Steampunk-style level based on a fucked-up tea and cake party

- Neon Propaganda: Cold-war era posters line a factory environment where Sackboy is liberating oppressed workers. There is a grim nature to the level that is totally opposed to the neon lights and signs.

- Fluffy High-Tech: Various high-end technology equipments like video walls are mixed with bunnies and fluffy sheep. It is a cold, futuristic environment populated by adorable creatures

- Designer Organic: Eco-architecture comes together around a designed and controlled version of nature. Described as "art noveau". The closest to nature Sackboy gets in this game. Elaborate designs comprised of plants.

- Hand-Made Arcade: A super-tribute level to tons of arcade classics. Embraces the hand-made art from the first game. Pixels made of cardboard and wood.

- Circuit boards (like the calculator) can get extremely complicated and they have a very distinct interface

- Creators can make full-on cutscenes. Camera angles and voice-overs included. Creators can even make little five-minute short films. These levels are clearly marked on the stage select screen so you can tell whether you're watching or playing the level. 

Thoughts? It sounds like this is exactly the way to do an LBP 2 to me. I mean, everything just seems a huge step forward. I personally cannot wait.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

It will be the first Playstation 3 game I buy in over a year. I had loads of fun with LBP.

theMuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By theMuse

I am excite.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ryax

want.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Fuck me - as someone that Platinumed and put far too many hours into the first LBP - i was somewhat gutte dat the news of a sequel, however this list ? man it sounds amazing

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Meltac

If they're not changing the floaty controls in singleplayer, it will still suck.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

Wait... you can customize the controls? You can make the platforming tight and awesome, instead of floaty and annoying? 

I never bought the first LittleBigPlanet, but this might just be a day one purchase.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Meltac said:

" If they're not changing the floaty controls in singleplayer, it will still suck. "

From the original post:

"Example was given about the 8/16-bit remakes/tributes having to use the signature gameplay mechanics of LBP. That is no longer true in LBP2. A creator can place a direct control seat on their own platforming protagonist and complete it with a customized control scheme. Example of the previous was Yoshi's Island. If a player creates the perfect recreation of the SNES-era jump they can share it with anyone in the community."

Does that fix the controls for you? You're essentially going to be able to recreate, share and apply the physics of any of your favourite games. So if you want it more floaty for a Gravity Crash/Lunar Lander-esque clone, you can. If you want it to glue to the ground like in Mega Man, you can. If you want it to feel like Super Mario, you can. What's more, you'll be able to share those physics control types with other users, meaning someone will probably create defacto "MegaMan"/"Mario" physics for you to use in your levels. Huge complaint - solved.

This game sounds UNREAL if the checklist is fully met. YOU CAN CREATE AI! Real AI this time. CUT-SCENES. ENTIRE GAMES!?!
    xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By xpgamer7

It sounds too good to be true. just imagining the worlds that could be created. RTS's that switch to first person RPGs so you can command armies and take control of your soldiers for direct combat. things like these. just wow.
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By turboman

sounds like everything I wanted out of the first game... I wonder if MM was happy with their first game when they released it? All of this sounds like they went above and beyond.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @TurboMan said:
    " sounds like everything I wanted out of the first game... I wonder if MM was happy with their first game when they released it? All of this sounds like they went above and beyond. "
    This.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Rhaknar
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @TurboMan said:
    " sounds like everything I wanted out of the first game... I wonder if MM was happy with their first game when they released it? All of this sounds like they went above and beyond. "
    This. "
    This again. I wanted to love LBP, froom the look of it, to the concept...then when I played it, it was at its core a bad platformer, and I was hugely disapointed.
    superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By superfriend

Yeah, the first one was never intended to be a plattforming game, since all the physics and especially the "move back and in front of things"-concept kept it from being a good plattformer. I really hope they make the tools better, so that you can maybe adjust things like physics-behaviour and collision/hitboxes.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Vextroid

Holy ....!

I still need to play the first one.

All of these features and such makes this sound like the ultimate game making system/tool set with out needing to know C or C++ etc. But it also seems so many things can go wrong. So much potential for bugs.  Hopefully it goes well and I can make a crap-ton of Mario clones. 

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meltac
    @get2sammyb:  Yeah, and that part sounds great, but it doesn't sound like that will be possible in the singleplayer-campaign, and at the same time people has to do it themselves, and I could imagine a ton of people who wouldn't do it.
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By spankingaddict

Fuck me! WOW

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By get2sammyb
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @TurboMan said:
    This. "
    They did originally state that they wanted to do more than just a "2D platformer creator". It sounds like this game is going to realise that.

I'm on board with some of the "too good to be true" comments too. I mean it's Media Molecule - it's going to be amazing. But man, surely it can't be this amazing can it? It really would be one of the best games of all time if they can deliver on the things they are listing here. I just cannot wait to find out more on Monday.

I'm a little irked they haven't kept this secret until E3 though. It would be a huge demonstration to make - showing, for example, the Command & Conquer clone running during an E3 conference. Massive.

Also, the customisable HUD etc makes it sound like this might be open to creation of some kind of four-player Smash Bros fighting game. If you could do that, it would be AMAZING.
    Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ramyun

Yeah, all the stuff they said sounds just mind-blowing. I'm not sure about the legal copyright infringement of it all, but if they can get around that, then consider this game BOUGHT, son!!!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Meltac said:
    " @get2sammyb:  Yeah, and that part sounds great, but it doesn't sound like that will be possible in the singleplayer-campaign, and at the same time people has to do it themselves, and I could imagine a ton of people who wouldn't do it. "
    Seeing as the single player campaign has traditionally been (on PSP and PS3 iterations of LBP1 anyway) a showcase of: "HEY YOU CAN MAKE THIS!" I don't see why they wouldn't use the physics manipulation tool if they're putting it in the editor. Either way, I think given the criticism they've received for the physics, they'll want to change that even if they keep the sense of "floaty" to the core single-player campaign. Obviously, as absolutely WONDERFUL as the campaign is, it's really not the hear of LBP anyway. We'll see - I imagine they'll tweak the physics though, regardless.

@Ramyun said:
    " Yeah, all the stuff they said sounds just mind-blowing. I'm not sure about the legal copyright infringement of it all, but if they can get around that, then consider this game BOUGHT, son!!! "
    After the very early issues with legal stuff, Media Molecule have been cool with it, so yeah it should be ok. Though the ability to record custom sound effects etc does sound a little worrying I must admit. What would stop people recording full, licensed songs into there? I'm sure they will have thought about this stuff, mind.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By tebbit

Awesome. Direct control seat is the best idea they could ever include in this game!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb

Just an extra note, I read somewhere earlier (can't find the link though) that a Sony exec confirmed the game will support Playstation Move. Which sounds like a no-brainer really. Hopefully the implementation will allow drawing and stuff affecting creation.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Quacktastic

I skipped LBP but that sounds crazy-good.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Linkyshinks

Cool, it sounds awesome.  

"It makes the first seem like a demo"  - people are saying the exact same thing about Galaxy 2

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Cool, it sounds awesome.     "It makes the first seem like a demo"  - people are saying the exact same thing about Galaxy 2 "
    Which I'm certain's going to be proper amazing too. Sequels that make the first game feel like a teaser are the best kind. All sequels should be that way.
    Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ramyun
    @get2sammyb: Yeah, and I could totally see people straight up remaking Mario or Mega Man on there. What I would want to see though is an improvement on the UI for searching other people's work. It wasn't bad in the first one, but I felt like the search system could have been a little deeper, the comments tags could be changed so that you don't have to look at tons before you get to the one you want, and content was more organized instead of spread around a world. Saying that, though, it worked fine for what it did, I'm kinda just nitpicking really.
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Trilogy

Sounds like one hell of a sequel.

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By moelarrycurly

The amount of variation sounds amazing, but I have to the imagine that the amount of bug-fixing it will take to keep this game from being a glitchy, quivering mess will be insane.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Ramyun said:

" @get2sammyb: Yeah, and I could totally see people straight up remaking Mario or Mega Man on there. What I would want to see though is an improvement on the UI for searching other people's work. It wasn't bad in the first one, but I felt like the search system could have been a little deeper, the comments tags could be changed so that you don't have to look at tons before you get to the one you want, and content was more organized instead of spread around a world. Saying that, though, it worked fine for what it did, I'm kinda just nitpicking really. "

No I totally agree with you. That has to change. You're right in saying the current UI isn't terrible (particularly after some recent-ish updates) but it still needs to be improved. One feature that would be nice is if you could "link" to your levels online. Bare with me here -- if they set-up some kind of LittleBigPlanet website, in which you could browse levels through a web browser (and link to your levels from forums), they could then implement some kind of "Playlist" feature. On the website you can view some screenshots of the level, a rating and comments -- but you can also click an "Add To Playlist" button. Then when you jump into LittleBigPlanet next time, the game says, "Yo, d'you wanna play your playlist" and it then subsequently loads all the levels you clicked on from the website. Does that make sense?

That would be one awesome way of ensuring you don't "forget" to check out levels you thought seemed interesting or whatever that you saw on forums or YouTube, which is something that happened to me a lot.

But they absolutely need to improve the UI you're right. I'd love to just be able to turn it on, and the game be so good at deciding the best levels that I can just hit "Play" and I start cycling through all the very best content. And it just throws the stuff at you - no menus, just levels. You keep playing until you want to stop.

Surely they could create some sort of alogorithm based on comments, percentage of level completion, ratings, etc.
    Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ramyun
    @get2sammyb: That playlist idea sounds pretty good since you do have some downtime in between searching for levels and I think that could be streamlined so that I can play multiple levels consecutively. Thing is, what I suspected with the simple comments tag system is so that they can control what kind of online experience I would have , that is, no slurry of swearing about how bad or how good the content that they just played was. So the rating can be kept down and the target audience can be broadened a bit. When you take that online, that is much harder to moderate as you no doubt know. However a filtered random playlist sounds really awesome. I would filter by most hearts or best comments or by this user and an infinite stream of games according to that would be fed to you. That would definitely make me play more of the first one anyway.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By MetalGearSunny

If they can pull all of this off, then I'm on board.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By xpgamer7

@get2sammyb said:

Also, the customisable HUD etc makes it sound like this might be open to creation of some kind of four-player Smash Bros fighting game. If you could do that, it would be AMAZING. "

YES! with multiple characters from all over!

@Ramyun:
    If you've played the original, you know the online levels are moderated.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Demyx

Never really got into the first. Don't think I will get this.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By lego_my_eggo

looks like they followed the community very closely. they are making it so you don't have to glitch or break the game in order to do some of what the community did to make there levels work. and even expanding on that by letting you change the controls, hud, gametypes, camera angles, etc.

- All DLC from LBP1 transfers over to LBP2. Including downloaded content packs, costumes, etc.

now this is how you do DLC. this may be asking to much but if that includes all LBP1 community levels that would be amazing.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FunExplosions

Probably my new most anticipated game. I have a level that I never finished making in LBP. It was looking real cool, but the time it takes to create levels really outweighs the satisfaction of the resulting product. This sounds so much more satisfying.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kishan6

saying "makes the first seem like a demo!" 
    is basically like saying 
    "This will be More of the Same with some more features!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can make a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning then it could be the best game ever made.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By RichardLOlson

More fan made sex levels.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Considering LBP is tied as my favorite game of all time, this is making me EXTREMELY EXCITED!!!!

NDEWONDRIWFREF REFRFFREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LITTLE BIG PLANET 2 NIUEWQDENIDE HOLY CRAP I CAN'T WAIT FRERWDNEWQDEOIQDEWQNJDEQNDEWQNDEQDEKNWDEQDKEWQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By solidejake

I can't freakin' wait! Is this all real info?

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By Cube

Good.  

LBP was great but I got bored of it pretty quick. Mm is a good developer and it's evident from this. 

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I gotta get money saved for the insane number of DLC this game is going to have.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Lego_My_Eggo said:
    " looks like they followed the community very closely. they are making it so you don't have to glitch or break the game in order to do some of what the community did to make there levels work. and even expanding on that by letting you change the controls, hud, gametypes, camera angles, etc.

now this is how you do DLC. this may be asking to much but if that includes all LBP1 community levels that would be amazing. "
    That has to be on their priority list right? They don't want to just "lose" the millions of levels created. I don't know whether it's possible or not, and certainly there's no mention of it here, but they have to be trying to get that to work. I can imagine the lack of porting being a petty concern for some people who haven't even made any levels though. Can imagine the N4G headlines now. I dunno - if DLC is porting it certainly sounds possible that levels will port too. I'm with you - I hope they do too, but it's not going to be a game breaker for me if they don't.

@kishan6 said:
    " saying "makes the first seem like a demo!" is basically like saying "This will be More of the Same with some more features!" "
    Which is exactly what this is. But have you read the features? It takes everything the first LittleBigPlanet did and multiplies it by a million. And when you extend the feature-set of a game like LBP, it's worth noting that the possibilities for its community shoot up exponentially. Just reading some of these things and imagining what people will do (especially when I think back to some of the AMAZING stuff people did with the original game) is literally blowing my mind.

@zudthespud said:
    " If you can make a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning then it could be the best game ever made. "
    You could probably do that with the original LBP in a bit of contrived way. Shuriken guns would definitely be possible.

@FunExplosions said:
    " Probably my new most anticipated game. I have a level that I never finished making in LBP. It was looking real cool, but the time it takes to create levels really outweighs the satisfaction of the resulting product. This sounds so much more satisfying. "
    I think a lot of people complain it's too hard/time consuming to create levels in LBP but personally, I think that's the way it should be. You look at some of the best levels in LBP1 (Little Dead Space) etc and you could tell hours of thought and work had gone into it. That's right. To me that's the way LBP should be, and if this means those awesome creators can jump another couple of levels of awesomeness, I'm totally on board to be honest. I see what you're saying about the satisfaction though. Hopefully an improved search system will massively imrove the experience also. I made a pretty-ok level when the game first launched, but after a few hours, the level disappeared. There was no real way to drive traffic to the level, and while the game absolutely should spotlight the very best levels -- you need to get a few thousand people into your level before it can reach that status, which was impossible with the first game.

@solidejake said:
    " I can't freakin' wait! Is this all real info? "
    Media Molecule have confirmed the game. The feature-set looks completely legit as it is out of a GameInformer issue. Of course, we don't know 100% whether the GAF poster is being genuine, but GameInformer subscribers should be able to confirm it all soon. So, at this stage, consider the information 98% legit. Media Molecule are making an announcement on Monday. I believe the web press etc saw the game last week -- there were a few Tweets about a huge embargoed game due announcement this week from lots of the UK gaming press.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FunExplosions
    @get2sammyb: Oh, no. I totally agree. I have the same stance on the level creator. The depth of it is fantastic. I just don't think it went far enough. Like, if they were going to make it in-depth, they should have gone all the way. It sounds like they are definitely going to do that with the next one, while also expediting the process. (We don't really need to control a flying sackboy). And on the other side of things, the amount of work it took was definitely satisfying at first, but it started to drain everything I had right out of me. And when it came down to the level's half-way finished point, I was already being drawn away by other games that were coming out. And like you said, the fact that there was no sure-fire way to get it to everyone's attention, really dissuaded me from finishing it.

And what's the name of your level? I'd like to take a look at it.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By get2sammyb
    @FunExplosions: There's no easy way to link you to it (fix this for LBP2 Media Molecule), so instead I'll link you to a dodgy YouTube recording I did of it.
    RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By RagingLion

This all sounds amazing and incredibly exciting.  It's basically possible to do complete game creation like modders on the PC are able to.

Also, this is obviously going to be Move heavy and seeing how that all works will be really interesting.  Most exciting announcement of the year so far for my money though I want to see it first.

theduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By theduke

it'll be sweet
    even more if you can make full multiplayer shooters and racing games

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By get2sammyb
    @RagingLion said:

" This all sounds amazing and incredibly exciting.  It's basically possible to do complete game creation like modders on the PC are able to.  Also, this is obviously going to be Move heavy and seeing how that all works will be really interesting.  Most exciting announcement of the year so far for my money though I want to see it first. "

I don't think it will support Move uniquely though. But I agree, it's a no-brainer that this will support it, and they might even bundle it. Personally I hope they use Move for creation - drawing stuff was a big part of the original LBP and Move would make that so much easier. Also, remember the Move paint demo at last year's E3? Wouldn't it be nice if you could paint on your objects?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By xyzygy

This sounds awesome for people who like to create content. Unfortunately that's not me because I hate doing all that... but I think it will be interesting seeing how others make games. Hopefully the games will have the depth to them! I'm excited to see what good RPGs people can make though.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I jizzed in your pants.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FunExplosions
    @get2sammyb: Watched the video. I can tell you spent some time on it. Pretty cool. But that brings up another problem with the LBP level creator. Once you play or see a level, it very quickly loses its appeal. Unless it's a somewhat active challenge level, I don't think I played any of them more than a couple times. The only exception are those Shadow of the Colossus levels someone made. Damn... those were amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.