Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

Don't Underestimate Little Big Planet

• 94 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-6071c19eec72a
    deactivated-6071c19eec72a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I see a lot of people here and elsewhere who don't think that Little Big Planet is that big of a deal, and it won't be a big seller.... well I have proof to prove otherwise. 

Here is a list of NeoGaf's top 5 most anticipated games, NeoGaf has a wide range of different types of people so it's actually a good place to pull data from.

Here is the list

1. Little Big planet @ 59 votes
    2. Fallout 3 @ 38 votes
    3. Left 4 Dead @ 35 votes
    4. Gears of 2 @ 35 votes
    5. Resistance 2 @ 31 votes
    6. Mirror's Edge @ 31 votes
    7. Fable 2 @ 27 votes
    8. Resident Evil 5 @ 26 votes
    9. FF13 @ 23 votes
    10. Killzone 2 @ 21 votes

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

I haven't seen anybody here talk down on LBP...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fr0Br0 said:
    "I haven't seen anybody here talk down on LBP..."
    I've ran into a few, a few too many actually
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

LittleBigPlanet will suck because the title makes me ill. Les break it down:

LittleBigPlanet. Little and Big are direct opposites, therefore purposely putting them together is questionable. Also, what's up with the capitalization? It's crazier than I think I could be, maybe.

Actually, I think it will be good, but I don't own a PS3.

Edit: Killzone 2 is on there but MAD WORLD ISN'T? Where's the Wii love?

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By BlindEffekt

Wii love is coming out in 2020, along with other pointless simulations.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

I don't see myself buying Little Big Planet.  I don't see what all the hype is about.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    BlindEffekt said:
    "Wii love is coming out in 2020, along with other pointless simulations."
    Wii Love has already been announced, dude. You bathe schoolgirls with a magic sponge or something. 2009 release, I think, Japan only.
    BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlindEffekt
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "BlindEffekt said:
    Wii Love has already been announced, dude. You bathe schoolgirls with a magic sponge or something. 2009 release, I think, Japan only."
    Awesome! Man the japanese get the best games evar!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fr0Br0 said:
    Really? Lol, there have been a lot of people.

MB said:
    "I don't see myself buying Little Big Planet.  I don't see what all the hype is about."

See, like this. :P A lot of people just don't understand why people are hyped about it, but I am assuming they haven't really seen and read enough about it to get caught up.

I'm surprised KZ2 is that low on NeoGAFs list, they are REALLY hyped for that game lol.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    BlindEffekt said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "BlindEffekt said:
    Wii Love has already been announced, dude. You bathe schoolgirls with a magic sponge or something. 2009 release, I think, Japan only."
    Awesome! Man the japanese get the best games evar!"
    I have a feeling that's sarcasm......here's a link.
    BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlindEffekt

LOL. Wow. Just Wow.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Exactly. The tagline will be, "You'll never look at your Wii the same way again."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry said:
    "Fr0Br0 said:

MB said:
    "I don't see myself buying Little Big Planet.  I don't see what all the hype is about."

See, like this. :P A lot of people just don't understand why people are hyped about it, but I am assuming they haven't really seen and read enough about it to get caught up.

I'm surprised KZ2 is that low on NeoGAFs list, they are REALLY hyped for that game lol."
    I think it's because more people have Resistance 2 / Gears 2 on their mind... I think if this poll is taking 6months from now, Killzone 2 would be extremely high.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snipes424 said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Fr0Br0 said:

MB said:

I'm surprised KZ2 is that low on NeoGAFs list, they are REALLY hyped for that game lol."
    I think it's because more people have Resistance 2 / Gears 2 on their mind... I think if this poll is taking 6months from now, Killzone 2 would be extremely high."
    Yeah I think you're right, its still half a year away where as the others are coming much, much sooner.
    Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meresin
    BlindEffekt said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "BlindEffekt said:
    Awesome! Man the japanese get the best games evar!"

Even they don't get everything they want. Half Elf Tentacle Assault got killed. Tragic.

http://kotaku.com/5036342/ds-half-elf-tentacle-assault-game-stopped
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Rowr
    MB said:
    If it really takes off as intended it will be massive. Like super Massive.
    BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlindEffekt

Supermassive Blackhole?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By zeforgotten

I don't see any reason to say that LBP will suck, it's not like people have actually played it.
    It's most likely just some morons running around hating on everything because it's "cool" to do so.
    Then the continue to cut their wrists and then (hopefully) jump off a tall building.

Could also be that the basic concept of the game (LBP) is too much for them to understand.
    Their dumb little brains can't figure out what it's about because... well.. they're idiots..

But I don't  know, there could be a ton of reasons.
    It's like people that hate on Halo 3 withouth having played it

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Demilich
    MB said:
    Sit back and wait for the reviews like me.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Rowr
    ZeForgotten said:
    "I don't see any reason to say that LBP will suck, it's not like people have actually played it.
    It's most likely just some morons running around hating on everything because it's "cool" to do so.
    Then the continue to cut their wrists and then (hopefully) jump off a tall building.

Could also be that the basic concept of the game (LBP) is too much for them to understand.
    Their dumb little brains can't figure out what it's about because... well.. they're idiots..

It's like people that hate on Halo 3 withouth having played it"
    I think its easy for the hardcore to hate this game without giving it a chance, due to its casual look.

Once you see some of the user made content possibilities and community stuff combined with the physics, then realising what people typically do when these user made tools reach a large amount of users, you start to see the potential greatness that will come out of it.

If its a hit with the hardcore, it will guarantee its hit with the following casual market, due to its appeal (sackboy, how can you not love him?, Didnt i read on these forums hes lined up as the PS3 mascot?).

Its critical that its a hit with the hardcore though, since that allows its growth with the A grade user created stuff.

The reason its such a big thing for the Playstation 3 is that this being successful, is a massive step forward in their online battle with Xbox.
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zeforgotten
    Rowr said:
    "ZeForgotten said:
    "I don't see any reason to say that LBP will suck, it's not like people have actually played it.

It's like people that hate on Halo 3 withouth having played it"
    I think its easy for the hardcore to hate this game without giving it a chance, due to its casual look.

Once you see some of the user made content possibilities and community stuff combined with the physics, then realising what people typically do when these user made tools reach a large amount of users, you start to see the potential greatness that will come out of it.

If its a hit with the hardcore, it will guarantee its hit with the following casual market, due to its appeal (sackboy, how can you not love him?, Didnt i read on these forums hes lined up as the PS3 mascot?).

Its critical that its a hit with the hardcore though, since that allows its growth with the A grade user created stuff.

The reason its such a big thing for the Playstation 3 is that this being successful, is a massive step forward in their online battle with Xbox.
    "
    I've been considered a hardcore gamer all the time by friends and random-internet-people-who-think-they-are-my-friends, and I really like the idea of LBP.
    The stuff you can create is.. Well, You can't even name it because you can even make new stuff that nobody else has made.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rowr said:
    "I think its easy for the hardcore to hate this game without giving it a chance, due to its casual look.

The reason its such a big thing for the Playstation 3 is that this being successful, is a massive step forward in their online battle with Xbox."
    Exactly. To be honest I think LBP is like, the first real game this gen that could actually appeal greatly to both parties, in terms of looks, functionality, and so on.
    solidphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By solidphoenix

Is anyone actually underestimating Little Big Planet? If they are then they probably don't know enough about it, or they're just quite ignorant of the potential in the concept of this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

solidphoenix said:
    "Is anyone actually underestimating Little Big Planet? If they are then they probably don't know enough about it, or they're just quite ignorant of the potential in the concept of this game."
    Yeah that's what im thinking..
    4D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 4D
    Snipes424 said:
    "Fr0Br0 said:
    I've ran into a few, a few too many actually"
    must be fanboys
    Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Manks
    solidphoenix said:
    "Is anyone actually underestimating Little Big Planet? If they are then they probably don't know enough about it, or they're just quite ignorant of the potential in the concept of this game."
    Thinking the same thing.  I never underestimated this game.   I think it looks great and I would buy a PS3 for this game and a few others.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By shadows_kill

i dont like how killzone 2 and ff13 are so low

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By suneku

FF13's probably low because it looks like an endless road till release.

LittleBigPlanet is going to be fun, that's all that matters to me.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shadows_kill
    suneku said:
    "FF13's probably low because it looks like an endless road till release.

LittleBigPlanet is going to be fun, that's all that matters to me."
    maybe ffv14 will be out before ff 13:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shadows_kill said:
    "i dont like how killzone 2 and ff13 are so low"
    Like someone said it's probably because they are so far off. Trust me, NeoGAF has a LOT of KZ2 fans. Plus the poll is pretty premature, not that many votes atm.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422

I just feel like there must be a good amount of kids that are the ones talking it down or saying it looks retarded, because anyone thats been gaming a long time like myself, and started on the PC years ago, should know when any kind of tool, or mod( in this case a full game) comes out giving you a huge amount of customization and shit to play with...it is totally hardcore, and to make something absolutely amazing it takes a long time, people need to just open their eyes honestly, if you just are absolutely terrible at being creative( like myself) but still don't give it a chance, I can at least understand why, but the people saying its just gonna suck and looks stupid, I don't understand...just admit that you either have no interest or are terrible at making things, and then base your opinion off of that.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

People are saying its going to get a 10 so I dont think it is being underestimated but realistically I think it will get 8.6-9.2 because you can only make stuff for so long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "People are saying its going to get a 10 so I dont think it is being underestimated but realistically I think it will get 8.6-9.2 because you can only make stuff for so long"
    You act like there isn't even a game there.... It is still a really fun platforming game, with a lot of more elements then you might think.

And really? You know how long people have been making stuff in games like N on the PC, or Phun? And those are very simple stuff, and 2D, where this is far more complex yet accessible. I think the excuse of 'you can only make stuff for so long' is pretty much non existent tbh.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pause422

Even just a creation thing alone could score a 10 probably when it has this much depth...ever play Garry's Mod? When people get a hold of something that they can make shit with, and be as creative as this lets you...trust me it may not get a straight out 10..but it will probably get a very high 9 if not, just look at Halo 3, the main thing people mention in the reviews, since the rest of the game is pretty much the same as before, is the forge mode, and how it increases replayability and variety.. and that is a super shallow version of an all out level creator... so trust me a complete game witht he biggest focus being on the creation will do extremely well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really read a single preview or hands on with the game that was negative at all, all of them are really positive and impressed. Just look at that, and imagine what reviews may be like... Unless it's some dumbass site like Gamedaily, lmao.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pause422

yeah, almost every place has it as Game of show too, or on a podcast( like 1up yours) everytime they go to some play , even with new games there and how they've played LBP plenty, they always bring it up about how amazing it is, and how much they can't wait to try it.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#37  Edited By Cirdain

That's because its a sandbox man. It's cooler than Phun.

But not as fun as phun
    But not as fun as phun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly, once you get a hold of it for a while, and realize the potential in what can be created, your mind just doesn't stop thinking about what could be created... reminds me way back in school when I would be thinking about bionicles and legos, and what I could make with them. It's exactly like that tension, except greater, the possibilities are endless.

FreakofNature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FreakofNature

I am surprised to see no Prince of Persia on that list. No Banjo N&B either?

Gears 2,LBP are my most anticipated games...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those aren't nearly as big as the other titles..

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PenguinNerd

Everytime I see LittleBigPlanet I get more and more excited....and after I saw it at the E3 presentation my excitement level just went through the roof.  My friend and I are already planning on using it as part of our presentation for a big project with our school this year. :D  We both actually stayed up till like 3 talking about all the things that we're going to make with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  The depth of LittleBigPlanet accompanied by the ease of use is going to change things, especially how what we think about use created content.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, even my sister saw a trailer (the create trailer) and she was like 'wow', I think this will really open up people's creativity.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Sentry said:
    "Yeah, even my sister saw a trailer (the create trailer) and she was like 'wow', I think this will really open up people's creativity."
    Yeah, just going around to different LBP forums and looking through the threads for people to post what they're going to make....you can tell just how creative the gaming community is and just how big of a hit LBP is becoming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, totally. Just look at what I made with the stickers on their website, that alone got my creativity flowing. 8)

That said, I have always loved level editors/creators. Take Grip Shift on the PSP for example... loved it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tarsier said:
    "Little Big Planet is getting hyped too much. It looks like a decent game but people are making it out to be something huge which it isn't. It's just a side scroller with co-op and a level editor. You're setting yourselves up for disappointment. "
    I guess every gaming media outlet (hell even Playboy) at also setting themselves up for disappointment... even after playing the game... numerous times...
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By brukaoru

Why does it seem like every game is either under-hyped or over-hyped... Over-rated or under-rated... What happened to the middle ground? I think those words are used too much, or rather over-used. If people enjoy the game, why does it matter? Some people won't enjoy the game, this is a fact. Not everyone likes the same things.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Sentry said:
    "Yeah, totally. Just look at what I made with the stickers on their website, that alone got my creativity flowing. 8)

That said, I have always loved level editors/creators. Take Grip Shift on the PSP for example... loved it!"
    I thought that was so awesome!  Got a pic of yours?  Mines been ever changing.  I keep it the same for a few days and then I change it....hopefully they add some more stickers soon too :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brukaoru said:
    "Why does it seem like every game is either under-hyped or over-hyped... Over-rated or under-rated... What happened to the middle ground? If people enjoy the game, why does it matter? Some people won't enjoy the game, this is a fact. Not everyone likes the same things."
    I'm not saying it's under or over hyped, just saying people are underestimating the game.  For example, I have seen comments like "LBP will not even sell 1 PS3" and "the game looks too casual for hardcore players."  But from the neogaf poll... I believe that those people are dead wrong, and keep in mind that LBP is beating out a multi platform game with a huge name (fallout 3).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nerdboy said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Yeah, totally. Just look at what I made with the stickers on their website, that alone got my creativity flowing. 8)

That said, I have always loved level editors/creators. Take Grip Shift on the PSP for example... loved it!"
    I thought that was so awesome!  Got a pic of yours?  Mines been ever changing.  I keep it the same for a few days and then I change it....hopefully they add some more stickers soon too :D"
    Yeah here are a few, I made them day one haven't revisited them since lol.

Sentry said:
    "My front page creations.. went from this, to this, then to this. LOL"
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By brukaoru
    Snipes424 said:
    "I'm not saying it's under or over hyped, just saying people are underestimating the game.  For example, I have seen comments like "LBP will not even sell 1 PS3" and "the game looks too casual for hardcore players."  But from the neogaf poll... I believe that those people are dead wrong, and keep in mind that LBP is beating out a multi platform game with a huge name (fallout 3)."
    Oh, I wasn't really trying to imply you were saying that, I was kinda responding to some other comments in this thread. :P I understand what you're saying, people seem to think LBP is just a level creator and nothing else, but I don't think that's the case. I think there is a lot more to LBP that what is being shown to us.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.