Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

LittleBigPlanet 1.07 Patch Is Game Changing

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I hadn't turned on LBP for about a week. Was a bit fed up with all the user levels being the same actually. I stuck it in today and saw a new patch -- "funny," thought I, "this must be new, hadn't heard anything about this."

GAME - CHANGING.

It reworks the whole search mode so you can now sort by "Busiest", "Highest Rated" and "Most Hearted". This is brilliant becase... well after playing for 10 minutes I'd already discovered two levels that beat Media Molecule levels hands down. A Dead Space level and a Silent Hill level. Fucking incredible. The community has really grown but because the "Cool Levels" search of the previous iteration didn't work very well nobody actually realised.

OMG I can't even emphasise how good the levels on the "Highest Rated" search are. Seriously, if you haven't played this for a while now is the time. They blew me away. UNBELIEVABLE.

Not only that but 1.07 also adds a new box, "LittleBigStore" which shows you all the costumes/downloads available right now and also 10 new trophies.

The trophies are for use with the Metal Gear pack which adds 6 new (Metal Gear) levels, tons of new stickers and costumers, and a PAINTBALL GUN. It's gonna be bloody brilliant. I seriously can't fucking wait for that.

Seriously, if Media Molecule extrapolate Sony's franchises (Resistance, Ratchet And Clank, Ico, etc.) into packs as well priced as this Metal Gear pack they are onto an absolute winner.

Which got me thinking - why don't they give away LBP with PS3 systems. I'm talking free like Wii Sports. The more copies of the game you have out there the inevitable increase in DLC sales, the inevitable increase in publishers interested in getting there games "advertised in LBP" (think third party games: SEGA's Sonic pack, Capcom's Resident Evil pack). It would be amazing. It's also the best showcase of the PSN to date. They could even release a PS3 SKU with the game preinstalled on the system? Whatever. Either way I think that would be an amazingly different business model.

Anyway, seriously if you haven't been on LBP for a while, now is the time!!! Massive, MASSIVE improvement.

I've fallen in love all over again.

pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pepper_2000

The MGS download pack alone is making me consider finally buying this game.

geekpimpfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By geekpimpfx

That's great news, I haven't put it in for a few weeks, I'll have to check this out now!

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By SpinCookie

MGS Pack comes with new story levels too, so epic.  The highest rated section is what I've been waiting for, I was shocked to see that wasn't there from the start.  Awesome game.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Otacon

just came on here whilst it was downloading, good to hear that it has some decent changes.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TEAMHOLT

Usually when I put the game in, I'll play two or three levels and be done. I think I've just played five or six levels in a row and am making a lazy afternoon out of it, all thanks to the new search functionality.

And is it me, or has Sony stopped caring about themed levels? I played a Futurama level and am about to play a Dead Space level, and the other week I played a MGS themed level. I haven't seen "failed to load" in a while. They're not even masking what the levels are or anything, so it'd be pretty easy to catch this stuff if Sony wanted to.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    TEAMHOLT said:
    "Usually when I put the game in, I'll play two or three levels and be done. I think I've just played five or six levels in a row and am making a lazy afternoon out of it, all thanks to the new search functionality.

And is it me, or has Sony stopped caring about themed levels? I played a Futurama level and am about to play a Dead Space level, and the other week I played a MGS themed level. I haven't seen "failed to load" in a while. They're not even masking what the levels are or anything, so it'd be pretty easy to catch this stuff if Sony wanted to."
    They've improved the moderation with this update; from Kotaku:

Update 1.06 actually hit while we were in the middle of recording a very special LittleBigPlanet podcast, which was fun. It added some new features to level moderation, including the ability for unpublished levels to be edited by their creators rather than disappearing forever, and actual explanations for creators who've had their creations removed from circulation. Now they'll not only know what they did wrong, but they'll also be able to fix it! What a brilliant idea!

So there you go. And yes, I've played tons of levels today and absolutely everyone has been brilliant. Like I said, this patch is actually game changing. It improves the experience ten-fold and then some.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru

This is really awesome news. I am very glad to hear that if people's creations are unpublished they will still have them for themselves. I think Sony has made up for their mishaps with taking down user created levels beforehand. It's also cool to hear about the new search feature.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb
    brukaoru said:
    "This is really awesome news. I am very glad to hear that if people's creations are unpublished they will still have them for themselves. I think Sony has made up for their mishaps with taking down user created levels beforehand. It's also cool to hear about the new search feature."
    Totally agreed. It takes balls to admit you did something wrong and then go out of your way to fix it. This is the single most amazing patch ever, honestly. There is a full list of changes here.

By the way, for those who haven't seen it yet, here's the absolutely amazing Metal Gear Level Pack trailer:

"The game has changed, vast resources of cardboard and sponge". I lol'd.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By zitosilva

It seems like now would be the time to get the game. Too bad I've already made my Christmas' shopping and am now poor. Maybe in a month or two.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By get2sammyb
    zitosilva said:
    "It seems like now would be the time to get the game. Too bad I've already made my Christmas' shopping and am now poor. Maybe in a month or two."
    Definitely man. The game just improved exponentially.

Brilliant:

harrydemeanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By harrydemeanor

Looks like I have a brand new PS3 game to purchase very soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm, my interest in LBP has spiked again. I'll have to try this update at my buddy's to see if I'll finally get this.
    I still gotta get past the floaty controls, but this update sounds pretty sweet

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zitosilva
    get2sammyb said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "It seems like now would be the time to get the game. Too bad I've already made my Christmas' shopping and am now poor. Maybe in a month or two."
    Definitely man. The game just improved exponentially.

I was still a little over the fence because of the whole deletion of levels without warning.  But now it seems the whole thing has been fixed and the community has picked up. Oh well, nothing to do now but wait.
    mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mr_registered

Wow! That metal gear pack looks great and here's me thinking it was just another bunch of costumes, hello DLC!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb
    mr_registered said:
    "Wow! That metal gear pack looks great and here's me thinking it was just another bunch of costumes, hello DLC!"
    I know it's brilliant, huh? I just hope they do a similar thing for all the Sony (and perhaps third party) franchises -- not only is it a good revenue source but it's also a wicked promotion.

This is why LittleBigPlanet's initially poor sales won' t really matter all that much; because it will sell for years if they keep improving it like this. They did say the initial game was like a platform to be built upon. Much in the same way as I see Home actually.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Snail

Pretty awesome indeed. I am having a great time in levels I probably would have never found before the patch.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By KamasamaK

Great patch. While I refuse to buy costumes, I'll definitely be getting the Metal Gear Pack.

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By elbow

Have they fixed all of those network issues? Do stats on your planet actually show up, or are they still stuck at zero?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By get2sammyb
    elbow said:
    "Have they fixed all of those network issues? Do stats on your planet actually show up, or are they still stuck at zero?"
    Everything works as it's meant to apart from those Play. Create. Share. levels but they are not really an issue at all.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Snail
    get2sammyb said:
    "elbow said:
    "Have they fixed all of those network issues? Do stats on your planet actually show up, or are they still stuck at zero?"
    Everything works as it's meant to apart from those Play. Create. Share. levels but they are not really an issue at all."
    They should though, it is an obvious flaw...
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Demyx

I just might get this now

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Man, I cant wait to get this for Christmas. Gonna get that DLC as well.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By get2sammyb
    Snail said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "elbow said:
    Everything works as it's meant to apart from those Play. Create. Share. levels but they are not really an issue at all."
    They should though, it is an obvious flaw..."
    Oh of course. What I meant by that was... it's not something that effects the way you play the game so it's only really a minor issue. But yes, I'm sure they are working on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.