Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 11

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 10, 2010

This year's Madden is the 22nd in the annual installment and features the slogan "Simpler, Quicker, Deeper".

GiantBomb Madden Xbox 360 League

dukefan1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By dukefan1210

I've sent multiple messages to the redskins owner but he isn't responding and hasn't been on since sunday. I jus't wanted to point out that I have made an effort to play the game in case we dont get the game played.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152  Edited By Karmum

Bah, I want to strangle my internet connection. Was at the end of the 3RD QTR with quinistheman and my connection had a small hiccup, up 20-10. The score is irrelevant to me, so is a win/loss, just annoyed and I feel like I screwed him over.

We're going to get this match in sometime today, I promise. I knocked out like three of his dudes for the game, none of them were Chris Johnson. :(

Edit - In other news, I'm looking for either a good LB, CB, speedy WR (really speedy) or a really good RB to make a deal for. I'm almost willing to deal most of my players, excluding Eli, Justin Tuck, Steve Smith and most of my o-line. Anyone other than that is pretty much fair game. Really trying to push for a real solid CB or LB. A deal for a WR or RB would be nice, too. It would have to be a real solid WR returner (really fast).

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By quinistheman

Hey, don't worry about me.  If it were an option I would have given you the win.  I've played three games against the Giants and I just can't figure out how to stop Jacobs from steamrolling people.Kinda makes me regret not trading for him. Kinda. 
    It IS great news that I won't lose Young and one of my better LBs to injuries though. (@cronox, Vince Young went down with a collarbone too)

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Karmum
    @quinistheman:
    I cannot seem to find a way to run at all with a power runner. I thought I was doing a really good job passing the ball, think I just had one incompletion or something. If you're on earlier than when we were on last night, that's good, or same time. Won't bother me.
    Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By Turtlemayor333

I have made multiple attempts to contact the Jags but so far I'm coming up empty. I don't know if he's missed any other games or what but I'd rather play the CPU than have the game simmed.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By dexterslu
    @Turtlemayor333 said:

" I have made multiple attempts to contact the Jags but so far I'm coming up empty. I don't know if he's missed any other games or what but I'd rather play the CPU than have the game simmed. "

yeah, I've tried to contact him as well and have had no reply! I'll boot so you can play! 

Also, FYI everyone! - the league advances tonight at MIDNIGHT EST 
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Karmum

Due to several factors, I wasn't able to get my game in this week. This shouldn't be a problem in the future, though. Although I'm bummed out I couldn't get it in, I'm glad that the simming went the right way, and I don't have a problem taking the loss. Just have to come back next week (or technically, this week) and do it all over again. I'm definitely going to get this week in as soon as possible.

FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By FongGhoul

So I played against my first human opponent Monday night ( MiniverCheevy and his Seahawks).  He was clearly more skilled than I and deservedly won, but damn if the lag wasn't killing me.  It was most noticeable in kicks obviously, but there were other times it seemed bad, like critical timed passing plays. The 19 MPH wind didn't help field goals, but the lag killed my kicking - I was able to make one FG just by overcompensating for the lag and hitting the button way early.  I think this hurt MC's offense as well - the game should have been like 42-9 instead of 21-3.

Has anyone else had trouble with lag?  Is this just something you have to deal with online?  I know it's a sim league so I continued to try for FG's on 4th, but if it's always this bad I'm going to start going for it on 4th if I'm within a 30-45 yard FG range.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By dexterslu
    @FongGhoul said:
    " So I played against my first human opponent Monday night ( MiniverCheevy and his Seahawks).  He was clearly more skilled than I and deservedly won, but damn if the lag wasn't killing me.  It was most noticeable in kicks obviously, but there were other times it seemed bad, like critical timed passing plays. The 19 MPH wind didn't help field goals, but the lag killed my kicking - I was able to make one FG just by overcompensating for the lag and hitting the button way early.  I think this hurt MC's offense as well - the game should have been like 42-9 instead of 21-3. Has anyone else had trouble with lag?  Is this just something you have to deal with online?  I know it's a sim league so I continued to try for FG's on 4th, but if it's always this bad I'm going to start going for it on 4th if I'm within a 30-45 yard FG range. "
    Yeah, unfortunately this has been something Madden has always had an issue with. I think, if you play online earlier in the day or later in the night you have a better shot of getting a smoother game, but it's always going to be an issue....
    tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#160  Edited By tracerace11
    @dexterslu said:
    " @FongGhoul said:
    " So I played against my first human opponent Monday night ( MiniverCheevy and his Seahawks).  He was clearly more skilled than I and deservedly won, but damn if the lag wasn't killing me.  It was most noticeable in kicks obviously, but there were other times it seemed bad, like critical timed passing plays. The 19 MPH wind didn't help field goals, but the lag killed my kicking - I was able to make one FG just by overcompensating for the lag and hitting the button way early.  I think this hurt MC's offense as well - the game should have been like 42-9 instead of 21-3. Has anyone else had trouble with lag?  Is this just something you have to deal with online?  I know it's a sim league so I continued to try for FG's on 4th, but if it's always this bad I'm going to start going for it on 4th if I'm within a 30-45 yard FG range. "
    Yeah, unfortunately this has been something Madden has always had an issue with. I think, if you play online earlier in the day or later in the night you have a better shot of getting a smoother game, but it's always going to be an issue.... "
    i think this is definitely the worst year tho in the last 3 years.... could be cause of the more mainstream approach, and that allows those to do not like to call plays to play more online, and thus taking up server room.... just thoughts.  I actually have no idea what im saying haha
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By dexterslu

@tracerace11 said:

" @dexterslu said:
    " @FongGhoul said:
    Yeah, unfortunately this has been something Madden has always had an issue with. I think, if you play online earlier in the day or later in the night you have a better shot of getting a smoother game, but it's always going to be an issue.... "
    i think this is definitely the worst year tho in the last 3 years.... could be cause of the more mainstream approach, and that allows those to do not like to call plays to play more online, and thus taking up server room.... just thoughts.  I actually have no idea what im saying haha "  

Yeah, They might  just want tighten up those graphics on level 3 while they're at it. 
    cronox2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#162  Edited By cronox2

The kicking system makes no sense that it is the way it is. Shouldn't it just let you kick smoothly, send the result of the kick to the server and then start the play? Sorry if I'm bad at explaining this.

FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By FongGhoul
    @cronox2:
    No you nailed it.  It's not like anything is happening in real time, so it should just record your input locally and send the result to the server to start the action onscreen.  It wouldn't matter as much if there's a delay from your final button press to the actual kick shown onscreen, since nothing happens then anyway. I have to assume there's a logical explanation for why they don't do something so obvious.  It's really frustrating that I basically cannot make a field goal longer than 35 yards or so.  I've also kicked it out of bounds on kickoffs a few times. 

It's weird that lag is most noticeable during kicks - the one time when things don't have to happen in real time - and not so bad during the other high-action parts of the game.
    Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Good game to the Redskins. I'm happy I won but if I were you, I'd be just about through with the Madden BS. Multiple times your receivers wouldn't even turn to look for the ball, interceptions from my defensive line, and all the injuries going to your side. Sometimes I really think the winner is predetermined. Still you handled it with class and that's really cool. 

And I know you'll be out for blood in the rematch!

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Karmum

Lost 41-34, I seem to have thing for losing close games. My first win will either be really close or a blowout. But hey, that's why there is a winner and a loser.

P.S. - I hate Devin Hester, easy touchdowns (how I missed Manningham - grr), that stupid fumble and that Bennett on the Bears. Just some small ragin'

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Going off my last post, I'm just about through now. The games are so laggy it won't even register a fair catch and it just handed the 49ers the win on a silver platter. That's no way for a great game to go down. Even if I was on the winning side I would be disgusted.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#167  Edited By sarge1445

man we need some crazy trade to go down

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By sarge1445

also this week the 2 best defenses battle it out Denver Vs Baltimore

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Troispoint
    @sarge1445: Look closer, I got the number 1 defense! ;)
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By dexterslu
    @Turtlemayor333 said:

" Going off my last post, I'm just about through now. The games are so laggy it won't even register a fair catch and it just handed the 49ers the win on a silver platter. That's no way for a great game to go down. Even if I was on the winning side I would be disgusted. "

It's a bummer that the online game quality isn't great or even good, but are you quitting because of the quality of online games or because you've only won twice? it'd be a shame if you quit, honestly, there will be more seasons, I promise, just because you lose a couple of games don't give up. I'm really hoping we can cultivate a really great community of GiantBomber's who want to get a few games of Madden in together a week..  

honestly, I believe the online play will get better, remember the game has only been out for about two weeks now..
    tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By tracerace11
    @dexterslu said:
    " @Turtlemayor333 said:

" Going off my last post, I'm just about through now. The games are so laggy it won't even register a fair catch and it just handed the 49ers the win on a silver platter. That's no way for a great game to go down. Even if I was on the winning side I would be disgusted. "

It's a bummer that the online game quality isn't great or even good, but are you quitting because of the quality of online games or because you've only won twice? it'd be a shame if you quit, honestly, there will be more seasons, I promise, just because you lose a couple of games don't give up. I'm really hoping we can cultivate a really great community of GiantBomber's who want to get a few games of Madden in together a week..   honestly, I believe the online play will get better, remember the game has only been out for about two weeks now.. "
    right.  hopefully, people start moving away from madden, and free up plenty of server space....
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#172  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @Karmum:  Yeah there was one play in particular where I should've gotten an INT, but I guess my brain decided to freak the hell out, resulting in me spamming Y and you getting a first down. Hell of a game though.
    Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Travis

Is anyone interested in any trades?  I could use some defensive back help (CB, FS, SS), and I'm open to all offers. I'm the Vikings, and I am open to all offers, no one is off-limits.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By sarge1445

ok so bad news dont kick me from the league but im gonna be maddenless for about a week cause my 360 decided to kill the disc so im waiting on gamefly to do the old switcheroo

bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#175  Edited By bonebreak2000
    @Travis:   What you want for AP from the phins?  :)
    bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By bonebreak2000

also bummer situation for the dolphins / pats game this weekend.   
    We tried this game 5 or 6 times and it would always drop on change of possession.  Like right after a kick off, fumble to other team.  Happened every time it seemed.  We both re set connections.  Sadly the game had to be simed at midnight it looks like.  Neither of us played the CPU.  But props to the Pats owner for stickin it out and trying over and over.  Does anyone know if you can play a game against the CPU if the other team does not want to play?  Since it simed the win for me now I wouldnt mind allowing him to play the PC when we meet again.  Even if that means giving up a division crown in week 17.... :(    Just seems unfair he got a loss when we both tried to get the game in for about an hour and a half.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By dexterslu
    @bonebreak2000 said:
    " also bummer situation for the dolphins / pats game this weekend.   We tried this game 5 or 6 times and it would always drop on change of possession.  Like right after a kick off, fumble to other team.  Happened every time it seemed.  We both re set connections.  Sadly the game had to be simed at midnight it looks like.  Neither of us played the CPU.  But props to the Pats owner for stickin it out and trying over and over.  Does anyone know if you can play a game against the CPU if the other team does not want to play?  Since it simed the win for me now I wouldnt mind allowing him to play the PC when we meet again.  Even if that means giving up a division crown in week 17.... :(    Just seems unfair he got a loss when we both tried to get the game in for about an hour and a half. "
    Did you guys restart your xbox's? I had this issue in my last game as well, but after I restarted my 360 it fixed the issue on both ends..
    bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By bonebreak2000

i did not.  Im not sure what he did.  Just reset router

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Troispoint

Tberg, when can you play?

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By dexterslu
    @sarge1445 said:
    " ok so bad news dont kick me from the league but im gonna be maddenless for about a week cause my 360 decided to kill the disc so im waiting on gamefly to do the old switcheroo "
    that sucks man! but thanks for the heads up, just make sure you message your opponents with the news...
    Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Turtlemayor333

My post was hyperbole. I'm not going anywhere really. It's just I don't understand how I can play Call of Duty with 16 players and not have a spot of lag (well, most of the time) and 9/10 Madden games feature crippling lag.  Of course it's been discussed to death already though.

Posting post-game summaries can get a little heated, that's all.

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By tracerace11
    @Turtlemayor333 said:
    " My post was hyperbole. I'm not going anywhere really. It's just I don't understand how I can play Call of Duty with 16 players and not have a spot of lag (well, most of the time) and 9/10 Madden games feature crippling lag.  Of course it's been discussed to death already though. Posting post-game summaries can get a little heated, that's all. "
    this
    quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By quinistheman

Paging Mr. Ness42153, Mr. Ness42153.  Let me know if and when you want to play tonight. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Karmum

Still looking for a pretty decent CB (in the mid 80s) and/or a speedy receiver/kick returner.

FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By FongGhoul
    @Turtlemayor333 said:
    "My post was hyperbole. I'm not going anywhere really. It's just I don't understand how I can play Call of Duty with 16 players and not have a spot of lag (well, most of the time) and 9/10 Madden games feature crippling lag.  Of course it's been discussed to death already though. Posting post-game summaries can get a little heated, that's all. "

It's absurd.  I can play SSFIV, which requires split-second timing, with basically no problems.  But whenI just need to execute a well-timed pass to my X receiver I can slam on the button for seconds before anything actually happens.  And when I try to make a cut with the ball the framerate suddenly drops to 10, my timing is borked, and I get drilled.  It's not just kicking anymore (and oddly I've been able to counter that lag by switching up by timing) but the entire game that's a mess.  I thought maybe it was my connection, but it looks like it's not just me.  Granted, I've only played 3 games of '11 online, but I played a bunch more of '10 online and rarely had this problem. 
    bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By bonebreak2000

Yeah there is a "weird" feeling playing online.  Its all about doing the spin move 6 yards before you need it.  I think that also why its so easy to score long TD's in this game with an elite WR or RB.  Because all it take is 1-2 dice roll tackle breaks and another 1-2 laggy miss tackles and its another 80 yard TD run.

JoelIke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By JoelIke02

If anyone drops out and you need someone to fill in, i would be happy to join.  XBL - BigLebowski07

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By quinistheman
    @JoelIke02:  I'm not sure how it would work but if you're interested in the Titans I'd like to leave the league.  They are 3-2 right now. If you can't join during the season I'm sure there will be quite a few more teams available for next season.
    JoelIke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By JoelIke02
    @quinistheman: Im not really interested in the titans but if no other teams open up by the time the season is over I would take them.  
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By dexterslu
    @quinistheman said:
    " @JoelIke02:  I'm not sure how it would work but if you're interested in the Titans I'd like to leave the league.  They are 3-2 right now. If you can't join during the season I'm sure there will be quite a few more teams available for next season. "
    Whattt? Why?!
    quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By quinistheman

Don't worry. I'm not quitting.  Just losing interest in playing in the "sim" league.

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Finally a close game that goes in my favor. The scoreboard is crap, the Falcons played tough right until the end of the fourth quarter.

The above comments placing "sim" into quotation marks have some merit though. At this point I'm actually considering starting Vick over Kolb, which sounds pretty unrealistic. Kolb overthrows everything but last game Vick actually posted a perfect QB rating. Maybe he's just really good against the Falcons. But it seems to me like he shouldn't be more accurate than Kolb against any team.

Still, you should hate the game and not the player. I don't think this game can ever be a true simulation.

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By tracerace11

yea.... i think everyone is getting to the point where maybe total sim isnt the best.... just lets know go crazy and 4th and 25 going for it.....

ness42153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By ness42153
    Hey all I'm sorry but i gotta quit the league :/ , making the games are getting difficult now and college starts in 4 days for me, prime example is Man Bear Pig, if we had actually played i bet he would have won that game instead it was simmed 10-8 , all of my matches that I played were good sports and very polite, it was a pleasure

@JoelIke02
    said:
    " If anyone drops out and you need someone to fill in, i would be happy to join.  XBL - BigLebowski07 "
    if you want the cowboys they are all still intact but i traded MVP1101 the owner of the 49ers  barber and austin, for Gore and Crabtree
    dukefan1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By dukefan1210

Im suppossed to play the Chargers but are schedules just arent meshing this week so I guess you can just simulate it.
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By sarge1445

god damn it well probably gonna be a 3rd game simmed fucking gamefly

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By sarge1445

ok good news and bad news the bad news is gudda our stuff is gonna be simmed the good news i should have that new copy by friday god damn it i wish the 360 didnt eat my disc

junkipenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By junkipenguin

I'm having a good time in the league so far.  Even though i'm getting my butt handed to me.  

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Good game to the Titans. I could tell you were a victim of Bironas getting trapped in the Twilight Zone on a few of those kicks. I've basically picked up the policy of no attempted field goals beyond 30 yards at this point. 

The real life trading deadline is Week 6 but I haven't checked to see if that affects online franchise or not. If anyone is still looking for a quarterback and we can still trade players, Michael Vick just might be worth your time. I'm 13-13 passing with 321 yards and 3 touchdowns, not including rushing stats which obviously he's pretty good at. Right now I don't have any positions in mind for what I would want in return.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Joker369

Could I be on the waiting list for when there is an open spot? I see that the person with ravens is a no show
     GT: WACReD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.