Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 11

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 10, 2010

This year's Madden is the 22nd in the annual installment and features the slogan "Simpler, Quicker, Deeper".

GiantBomb Madden Xbox 360 League

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#201  Edited By quinistheman
    @Turtlemayor333:  Thanks.  Definitely got out played. At least it was by my Eagles. :)  

For some reason I just can't get anything going with the Titans.  In both my offline franchise and my Ultimate team I have a winning record but in this league I feel lucky to have two wins.  I even lost to the CPU! The CPU!? Good news is if I stick around for next season I'll have one hell of a draft pick!
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By dexterslu
    @quinistheman said:
    " @Turtlemayor333:  Thanks.  Definitely got out played. At least it was by my Eagles. :)    For some reason I just can't get anything going with the Titans.  In both my offline franchise and my Ultimate team I have a winning record but in this league I feel lucky to have two wins.  I even lost to the CPU! The CPU!? Good news is if I stick around for next season I'll have one hell of a draft pick! "
    Yeah man, I saw you dropped one to the CPU that was kind of baffling! those are gimmies man! Just try out some new stuff and honestly the best way to perfect your play is to play a TON of ranked matchs...I've played 20+ ranked matches and feel like the little nuances you learn about what works and what doesn't work in your playbook are best exemplified when playing human opponents. 
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By DoctorWelch

Wait a second, your telling me there are still people that havent broken, sold, or traded in this years madden yet?

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By dexterslu
    @DoctorWelch said:
    " Wait a second, your telling me there are still people that havent broken, sold, or traded in this years madden yet? "
    Are you just randomly going through threads and trolling? cool man, thanks for adding to the discussion. 
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#205  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @dexterslu said:
    " @DoctorWelch said:
    " Wait a second, your telling me there are still people that havent broken, sold, or traded in this years madden yet? "
    Are you just randomly going through threads and trolling? cool man, thanks for adding to the discussion.  "
    Yup :), but seriously, what discussion. Unless that discussion is how shitty Madden 11 is then there isnt really anything to talk about. 

Okay, seriously seriously though, I honestly think the most regrettable game purchase I have ever had was Madden 11. I would write a multi-paragraph explanation of why the game is so bad, but I dont think it's really worth my time.

In any case, I am actually surprised there are actually people still playing the game. On GB even! 

I have had my fun...now carry on.
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By dexterslu
    just a remind folks, LEAGUE rolls over tonight. Get your games in! 
    Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#207  Edited By Joker369

so since there is an open spot could I join as the ravens?

GT WACReD

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By dexterslu
    @Joker369 said:
    " so since there is an open spot could I join as the ravens?  GT WACReD "
    No, not to be a dick but if you read the front page "  Current Status:  Not Accepting Players" 

Plus we already have someone that is using the Ravens, you'll have to wait for the next season. 
    Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Joker369
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By dexterslu
    @Joker369 said:
    " k "
    However, we do have Jets, Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Cardinals open..
    Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Joker369

So are you saying I could join as one of those teams now or just wait until next season to pick one of those teams?

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By dexterslu
    @Joker369 said:
    " So are you saying I could join as one of those teams now or just wait until next season to pick one of those teams? "
    Ha, well, I suppose it is better to have more actual live players but you have to be committed to playing twice a week, checking the thread and CONTACTING your opponents. 

If you want to play as one of those teams you can, I'll PM you the info tomorrow  (since the week rolls over at midnight tonight)
    bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#213  Edited By bonebreak2000

Ok so is there anyway to play the PC when your opponent isnt responding?  I really dont want it to SIM a second game for me this year.  Tonight is the rollover and Ive been trying to get my game in for 3 days now.  The Steelers guy is online playing dead rising and never responds to my messages I send him.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By dexterslu
    @bonebreak2000 said:
    " Ok so is there anyway to play the PC when your opponent isnt responding?  I really dont want it to SIM a second game for me this year.  Tonight is the rollover and Ive been trying to get my game in for 3 days now.  The Steelers guy is online playing dead rising and never responds to my messages I send him. "
    I JUST PM'd him and sent him an XBL message. I'll try not to roll back the date for a couple hours to see if he responds. 
    bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By bonebreak2000

Ok thanks.  But for the record there is no way to play against the PC if the team that week is owned correct?

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By tracerace11
    @bonebreak2000 said:
    " Ok thanks.  But for the record there is no way to play against the PC if the team that week is owned correct? "
    nah, if he kicks him.... then it becomes a computer
    bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By bonebreak2000

Alright well hes offline now so it looks like im headed for a sim this week

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By dexterslu

Just a reminder guys, Let's try to be NICE to one another. This includes NOT running up the score on your opponents, it's been said many times - but my original intention for this league was to be a simulation league. The reason why that is important to remember is that for the most part in the NFL they DON'T run up the scores on one another.  

Remember, at the end of the day weather it is or isn't a simulation league it's still a COMMUNITY league and we have to play with one another - so be nice. 

bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By bonebreak2000

Hey guys.   Dolphins owner here.

It looks like Im gonna have to bow out this year as the dolphins team.  I was really looking forward to it and tracking it regularly.  But 3 of my last 5 games were sims.  2 of which I went out of my way to contact the person and never received a response.  The other one was the game where we started 6 times and it kept dying.   

Now I finally got a game this week against the ravens and guess what ....... we had unbelievable lag.  it was barely playable.  @-3 second delays at times.  Extra points were missed, 30 yards field goals shanked to the sidelines.  It was obviously effecting both of us not just me. 

Anyway I guess what I'm saying is I've really lost my enthusiasm for this league.  Too often I had practically begged people to get a game in.  Just to note the couple guys I did get to play were great and prompt.  Even this week my opponent has already sent me a message asking what time we should play.  Awesome props to the titans owner  Man Bear Pig.    

Anyway guys sorry to bail out but i'm tired of getting my hopes up for playing a game "with something on the line"  to only be disappointed more often than not several attempts, or consecutive nights in a row .    

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By quinistheman

Sorry to hear.  I get where you're coming from though.  I'm having a much better time playing UT this year.  Closer games and less BS but I am really trying to keep up on the league games.  My last scheduled game neither of us even bothered to get a hold of each other and it got simmed.

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By quinistheman

Sorry to say but I'll be getting rid of Madden tonight.  The newest irritating ad that comes up during EVERY play has put me over the edge.  Good luck guys.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By dexterslu

So happy, it seems like they've FINALLY fixed the kicking online. Amazing, super slow now and awesome. 

blah37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By blah37
    @dexterslu: Yep.  I played an online franchise game and a couple of MUT games today and the kicking seems fairly lag-free.  I think the meter is too slow for all-pro difficulty, but at least it's better than before and maybe there's some technical reason it has to be that way.  In the couple of MUT games I played, people actually punted and kicked.  Also, it seems they scaled back kickoff power so there are no more automatic touchbacks without some wind help.  Honestly, I think EA/Tiburon should have had these things right when the game was released since they've been doing online for a few years now and these same problems have existed forever but at least it seems like they are making an effort now.
    tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By tracerace11

ok.... just played a computer game.... and i got killed..... since the title date has anyone else played a computer game and noticed any difference in the difficulty? It was like I was playing on the All Madden difficulty (which is the difficulty i use on my offline franchise to work on my game..... ).  Maybe it was just an anomaly... but it def didnt feel good. :(

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By dexterslu
    @tracerace11 said:
    " ok.... just played a computer game.... and i got killed..... since the title date has anyone else played a computer game and noticed any difference in the difficulty? It was like I was playing on the All Madden difficulty (which is the difficulty i use on my offline franchise to work on my game..... ).  Maybe it was just an anomaly... but it def didnt feel good. :( "
    Yeah there is FOR SURE a  difficulty spike, I saw you lost I was kind of shocked but you are totally right, I've had the same issues against the A.I. 
    tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By tracerace11

yea.... and i mean i really wasnt paying attention to the game... because its all pro, and i usually stomp them.... but they started rolling and i was like wtf.... and it was too late lol.  oh madden, how you play with my senses

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#227  Edited By Karmum

I'm sort of bummed out that I'll probably make the playoffs because most of my division matches (actually, all) were against the CPU. I haven't noticed a difficulty spike in the CPU, but when was the update? Cause I have been throwing like 7-8 TDs per game against the CPU as of late. Then again, it's also the CPU.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#228  Edited By Karmum

I had a lot of fun going through most (only going to miss one) game in this franchise. Due to some current events I have to back out of my last match. No big deal anyway, it was against the CPU and it wouldn't have felt right being possibly in the playoffs when most of my matches were won against the CPU.

Good luck to everyone else for the remaining games.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#229  Edited By sarge1445

How bout them Broncos being 1 win away from being the number 1 spot in the afc

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By dexterslu
    @sarge1445 said:
    " How bout them Broncos being 1 win away from being the number 1 spot in the afc "
    Yeah it's not like you had 4-5 games simmed or anything :)
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#231  Edited By sarge1445
    @dexterslu said:
    " @sarge1445 said:
    " How bout them Broncos being 1 win away from being the number 1 spot in the afc "
    Yeah it's not like you had 4-5 games simmed or anything :) "
    yea but the games I did play against users except for the seahawks I blew them out hell in my last game tebow got to play the entire 4th Q
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By dexterslu
    @sarge1445 said:
    " @dexterslu said:
    " @sarge1445 said:
    Yeah it's not like you had 4-5 games simmed or anything :) "
    yea but the games I did play against users except for the seahawks I blew them out hell in my last game tebow got to play the entire 4th Q "
    Right, you blew out the CPU haha - since week 10 you've only had 3 player controlled teams. But good work sir, playoffs start on Wednesday. Good Luck to everyone, I'll post the brackets when they are available.
    FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By FongGhoul

Hey all.  I had to drop myself out of the league since work has just been too crazy w/unpredictable hours lately to commit to two games a week. I apologize to the one or two folks that ended up simming against me before I dropped out. GLHF

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Troispoint

Damn, my Aaron Rodgers is gonna be out for my first playoff game :/ .

blah37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By blah37

My season ended in an OT heartbreaker in the divisional round.  After a few games with connection problems*, we finally got a steady game going which I promptly manage to screw the pooch by going down 21-0 at the half.  I manage to make a furious comeback with some defense and special teams help, recover an onside kick with under two minutes and tie the game up at 35 on a Manning 3 yard run to send it to OT.  I win the toss and am looking good to win, then I stink up the joint with a 3 and out, and tracerace drives on me and its over.  Oh well, it was a good game I probably shouldn't even have been in (maybe even aided by rubberband AI?) and now to plot my revenge for next season...mwahahahaha...I mean...good luck have batman everyone. 

Also, are we going to recruit more peeps for next season (are there any other people in the GB community who want in)?  Is everyone currently in the league going to hang around for another season?  As much as I enjoy padding my stats against the CPU, I only improve my game when I play other duders.  And it's nice to play people who won't quit 2 seconds before the half ends. 

*About the connection problem: I have not have had any connection problems in Madden until tonight, but have noticed others might have been having connection problems.  After 2 or 3 consecutive games that disconnected, we started an exhibition game, quit out of it, then started our franchise game and then the game worked fine.  No idea why it worked, but just throwing it out there for any others who might have the same problem.

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By tracerace11

Hey Blah37, excellent game man.... it was a heartbreaker for you, but you made me bout have a heartattack with your onside kick lol.  excellent game man.  and I can't wait til next season to continue our rivalry!

about the connection issue, it was a crazy thing to do, but i read it on the operational sports forums, and they were using that to help secure connections.... it does not work all the time, but it seems to improve the chances of keeping a connection.... I have no idea why.  

also, wanted to bring up the draft.... how is this gonna work? we gonna do a live draft and set a time for everyone to be there.... or only gonna use draftboards?

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Troispoint

Well I lost, but I just got ripped off in the most ridiculous way ever. First of all, Aaron Rodgers was injured for 2 weeks after a game that had to be simmed, because me and my opponent had connection issues. But most importantly, is what happened in the playoff game. So after being tied after 4 quarters, we went in overtime. The game shows quickly a screen explaining the rules for playoff overtime. Which is, if the first team to score scores a touchdown, its game over, BUT if you only score field goal, the other team gets the ball back and is forced to either tie it or score a touchdown. So the Saints scored a field goal. Bot somehow, someway, Madden decides to shit in my mouth and says its game over. FUCK EA. I cant believe such a gamebreaking bug is there in this game. 

Is there anyway you could reset the score Dexter?

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By dexterslu
    @Troispoint said:

" Well I lost, but I just got ripped off in the most ridiculous way ever. First of all, Aaron Rodgers was injured for 2 weeks after a game that had to be simmed, because me and my opponent had connection issues. But most importantly, is what happened in the playoff game. So after being tied after 4 quarters, we went in overtime. The game shows quickly a screen explaining the rules for playoff overtime. Which is, if the first team to score scores a touchdown, its game over, BUT if you only score field goal, the other team gets the ball back and is forced to either tie it or score a touchdown. So the Saints scored a field goal. Bot somehow, someway, Madden decides to shit in my mouth and says its game over. FUCK EA. I cant believe such a gamebreaking bug is there in this game.  Is there anyway you could reset the score Dexter? "

Nope, unfortunately there isn't a way to reverse the score - I looked into it and apparently they are calling it a 'bug' but honestly, I'm guessing they just forgot to change it in Franchise mode - which sucks! that's a rough way to lose. I'm sorry man!  There are a bunch of issues with the Online Franchise this year, for instance if I wouldn't have had to sim my last 2/3 games I would have WON both and made the playoffs, but that's the way the cookie crumble unfortunately..

Sounds like we are having a pretty competitive playoff, I want to thank you guys for sticking it out the entire season! I'm taking any suggestions for next season (starting a new league, continuing this one or whatever else). 
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By dexterslu

So is everyone interested in doing a second season? I was thinking that maybe we could reboot the franchise, since we have a lot less players and move everyone to one conference and have a fantasy draft - but I'm open to suggestions as to what we should do!

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By tracerace11

sounds good man.  def in for a second season. but would you really wanna move everyone to one conference? it would make the super bowl meaningless... I would move people to each division so the playoffs are way important.... just a thought

blah37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By blah37

I'm in for a second season.  A reboot and fantasy draft sounds fun.  I agree with tracerace; I'm not sure moving everyone to the same conference would be best.  I think it would be ideal if you could make a custom franchise with <32 teams.  How about it, EA (not holding my breath)?

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Troispoint
    @dexterslu:  

Yeah lets do a 2nd season with a fantasy draft
    MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By MVP1101

I am down for a 2nd season and fantasy draft works for me b/c i had no clue how my team would work next season

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By dexterslu

Okay, so far we've got a widespread support for the fantasy draft idea - how should we align the conferences? I think honestly this will be contingent on how many guys we have coming back - at the moment we have around 15 guys still left in the league, so how would we make this work  so it would be competitive and fun?  

I think we should fill two divisions on both sides (AFC/NFC) that way we are playing at least a minimum of six player controlled opponents. We also need to think about draft order, should it be the worst teams from last season all the way back to the Super Bowl winner? 

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Troispoint
    @dexterslu:  

The draft order doesnt really matter IMO since its serpertine. Which means that the first selecting is the last the following round, and vice versa throughtout the draft. And for the divisions, I personnaly dont care as long as the spread of teams is equal in each divsions where there's going to be human opponents.
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By dexterslu

So when should we start this new league? When is a good time for a draft?!

also, BIG  Congrats to  @ tracerace11  and @ BagManForHire for being our two conference champions!  

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By tracerace11
    @dexterslu said:
    " So when should we start this new league? When is a good time for a draft?!

also, BIG  Congrats to  @ tracerace11  and @ BagManForHire for being our two conference champions!   "
    bagmanforhire played an awesome game.  bout the draft, I am game.  I would love to continue this franchise, gotta fill up some holes my team has.
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By dexterslu
    @tracerace11 said:
    " @dexterslu said:
    " So when should we start this new league? When is a good time for a draft?!

also, BIG  Congrats to  @ tracerace11  and @ BagManForHire for being our two conference champions!   "
    bagmanforhire played an awesome game.  bout the draft, I am game.  I would love to continue this franchise, gotta fill up some holes my team has. "

Well, I'm thinking that we should just go a head a do a reboot since we started a month before the season started and now the rosters are relatively up to date. I really want to try doing the fantasy draft - I think that would be super fun and create a very competitive league. I'll create the league and post the info tomorrow.
    Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Troispoint

I think getting the draft Saturday night would be great.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By dexterslu
    @Troispoint said:
    " I think getting the draft Saturday night would be great. "
    I'd love to do it on Saturday night but unfortunately I have to be in Chicago this weekend, I'll be back Sunday evening, I'd guess we could do it sometime NEXT weekend or during the week. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.