Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Any one else having an absurdly....

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

long download time for this game?
    I finally got it downloaded last night, and started it up, applied the 1.1 update logged on today since i couldn't play last night *stupid hours of operation on beta? WTF!?* downloaded the 1.2 update and am now slowly downloading updates or whatever in the game it self...ive been waiting 10 minutes and am only at 3%.....at this rate it will take a good 4 hours to download this stuff....

Edit: 6% god i hope this is a one time thing.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

It's just out recently isn't it? They're probably getting heavy traffic. That's my guess anyway.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shadows_kill

also the certain hour thing is because this game isnt finished. betas like R2, lbp, cod waw, (and probable halo) where finished betas so they where really testing the servers while in MAG's case they are testing the servers, finding problems in the game, and then fix them when they are done.

the download time could just be the amount of traffic going through. also how big is the update?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

over 2 gigs, and im at 57% now....

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Update: now the download has died, it refuses to go past 57% the hard drive light isn't blinking...

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

Well 2 gigs is pretty damn big. Yeesh. I'll put my money on heavy traffic alright, which certainly doesn't help.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

I want a beta key :'(

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pazy

I have this problem with all my downloads on PSN sadly. The time it takes to download a similer sized file on PSN, XBL and my PC varies drastically with PSN being at the bottom, XBL middle and PC fastest. I ended up getting used to it and having to leaving it downloading (and to make sure it dosent get corrupted not use my new shiny PS3 :|) when id rather be using it.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @CL60 said:
    " I want a beta key :'( "
    There, there. At least you'll feel better knowing that everyone can't play it now. (Sorry Baker).
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

We'll looks like im not taking part in the beta, the download completely stopped at 57% wouldn't go past so i had to quit out the game....and it restarts the download at 1%....

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60
    @WilliamRLBaker: So it screws up once and you have to restart so you are not even going to try again?

What a wasted beta key.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @CL60 said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker: So it screws up once and you have to restart so you are not even going to try again?  What a wasted beta key. "
    Hint hint. Nudge nudge.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@eroticfishcake said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker: So it screws up once and you have to restart so you are not even going to try again?  What a wasted beta key. "
    Hint hint. Nudge nudge. "
    I'm way cooler I think I should have it : )
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @CL60 said:
    it got to 57% after 2 hours it was likely gonna take atleast another hour or more...
    and i had to restart? which means i will likely spend 6 hours downloading these files....
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#15  Edited By citizenkane

That sucks, dude.  Hopefully the 40 winners of GB's contest don't suffer the same fate.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @CL60 said:
    it got to 57% after 2 hours it was likely gonna take atleast another hour or more... and i had to restart? which means i will likely spend 6 hours downloading these files.... "
    It's called a mixture of PSN not being very good and A LOT of people trying to download it at the same time. More so the second one.
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Coltonio7

Well the update...thing is like 2 gigs, so of course it would take a long time.

Mine's at 18% after about an hour.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By JoelTGM

no it downloaded and installed very fast for me yesterday.  the beta test times aren't so convenient, but they set them to their convenience first not ours, so they can properly observe and fix things, and if they didn't have a set time at all and you could play anytime, then it would make it harder to stress test servers because peoples game time would be spread thin.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

well, i'm really mad because i heard it was an open beta. i was expecting it to be on the psn store to download. later i heard that i  have to be a qore subscriber.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By JoelTGM
    @iam3green said:
    " well, i'm really mad because i heard it was an open beta. i was expecting it to be on the psn store to download. later i heard that i  have to be a qore subscriber. "
    or you just have to get lucky and win a key in the giant bomb giveaway.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is mind numbingly frustrating

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Tried downloading again, It took 3 hours to reach 60% then stopped downloading...

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Coltonio7
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Tried downloading again, It took 3 hours to reach 60% then stopped downloading... "
    Same here.
    radion_null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By radion_null

I think zipper is aware of the issue. I started the download at 8am last night and woke up at 6 this morning to find it was stuck at 68%. I'm restarting the download now (8:31am) and will come back to it in a few hours. fingers crossed.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slyspider
    @WilliamRLBaker: every time i try to do it it breaks at 15% or 99%.....

Alot of the time it tells me "can connect to sever"..... this is making me really worried about the game
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187

There are problems downloading and installing an unfinished product?  Say it ain't so!!! 

Dood, tough it out and help make this game better.  Seriously, as much shit as we've talked between each other in our time on this site, valuable gaming opinions like yours need to be in that pool to help outweigh the fucktard 12-year-olds that are going to destroy it.

simulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By simulation

I had the same problem, for me it stopped at 57%, however when I restarted it started downloading at 57% again.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @jakob187 said:

" There are problems downloading and installing an unfinished product?  Say it ain't so!!!  Dood, tough it out and help make this game better.  Seriously, as much shit as we've talked between each other in our time on this site, valuable gaming opinions like yours need to be in that pool to help outweigh the fucktard 12-year-olds that are going to destroy it. "

Thats the problem, I have nothing more to add to whats all ready being reported on the beta forums *which took me all most 3 days to access since they aren't part of the mag forum but a special beta forum on the playstation site that only opens up once your accepted to the beta, that beta forum just wouldn't show up for me till i cleared my cache about 16 times and fiddled around the site to find it* I've been there and every things all ready been reported about peoples problems downloading and installing the game.

Though its not much of an installation problem, its a problem with the downloading of internal game files, The game downloaded slow but fine off the psn store, and it installed *took abit to install* but other then that it was successful when you boot up the game if you aren't part of the beta jakob *doubts it your the type that would be part of most betas, lucky shit* the internal files start downloading, i guess these being changes to game code this is whats stalling when downloading and taking upwards of 4-5 hours to download.

P.S: i've not tried downloading again since yesterday when it stopped at 60% but @simulation above Its never resumed its download for me and i've tried 3 times so far.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By eroticfishcake

Ugh that is annoying. The guys at MAG say anything about this on their website?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " Ugh that is annoying. The guys at MAG say anything about this on their website? "
    they are aware of the massive download problems, there is a stickied thread at the MAG beta forum.
    There are people there whom have wasted all most 30 hours trying to download the game, One person in particular has been stuck at 99% for 24hours.

So im not alone and i feel better to know that im not having the worst time of it.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @WilliamRLBaker: Well it's good to know that they're aware of it least and are working on it. I guess they underestimated the amount of people that would download it. Still, it's awful what's going on.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Last update, after a 6 hour wait and a freeze up i restarted the download only to find it had downloaded but the progress bar and such had stopped so i can theoretically play now...sept its 7:11 and the servers dont open till 8...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.