Hey, Watch Some Pro StarCraft This Weekend At MLG Dallas

  • 184 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#151 Posted by Bouz (98 posts) -
@Deathpooky said:
" @sixghost said:
" @Deathpooky said:
" Blizzard will add Lan... when they get sued by the GSL/MGL and some player who loses out on $50,000 in Korea because Bnet blew up midway through a game. "
What could they possibly be sued for? I know you're mad but stop talking nonsense. "
Breach of contract, breach of warranty, and loss of earnings are three that come to mind.  If you purposefully get the game involved in tournaments worth tens of thousands of dollars in winnings and likely a hundred times that in advertising and other costs (probably much much more in Korea), not providing a stable service to play the game on is a PR and legal recipe for disaster. "
Isn't all that covered in the TOS and they probably have extraordinary contract lawyers.
#152 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Deathpooky said:
" @sixghost said:
" @Deathpooky said:
" Blizzard will add Lan... when they get sued by the GSL/MGL and some player who loses out on $50,000 in Korea because Bnet blew up midway through a game. "
What could they possibly be sued for? I know you're mad but stop talking nonsense. "
Breach of contract, breach of warranty, and loss of earnings are three that come to mind.  If you purposefully get the game involved in tournaments worth tens of thousands of dollars in winnings and likely a hundred times that in advertising and other costs (probably much much more in Korea), not providing a stable service to play the game on is a PR and legal recipe for disaster. "
You don't think Blizzard thought of any of that when preparing the ToS? Not to mention there is most likely a second ToS agreement signed by the organizations when they apply for a tournament license.
#153 Posted by Fattony12000 (7632 posts) -

Jino: day9 hey im not getting any invite btw 
MLGCast: yeah thats cause were playing, go away im busy 
Jino: lolol

#154 Posted by ThatFrood (3418 posts) -

Battle.net 2.0
wave of the future.

#155 Posted by Fogh (165 posts) -

Can anyone tell me why my stream looks like this? 

 

It only shows the top left corner and it's all squeezed. There is also no full screen option. Do I have to pay to watch or what?
#156 Posted by Jeffsekai (7058 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @ThaMilkMan said:
" @Scooper: What regionals are these? Are we talkin SSF4? "
SSFIV, HDRemix, MvC2, TvC, Tekken, ect.  Best players on the planet playing loads of great fighting games. Good stream quality and good commentary. "
And all the games have LAN support.
#157 Posted by Fattony12000 (7632 posts) -
@Fogh: I'm using latest Chrome and latest Java and it's good, try checking you're not zoomed in with your mousewheel.
#158 Edited by villainy (617 posts) -

Seems like the official forums for Battlenet status and SC2 are conveniently offline. Hopefully the MLG folk are giving Blizzard hell right now. This really doesn't look good for Blizzard. Looking forward to a fairly out of character hardcore rant by Brad in the next podcast. I know you're pissed Mr. Shoemaker, let us know how you feel!

#159 Posted by Fogh (165 posts) -
@Fattony12000:
I installed Chrome and now it's working fine, so thanks for reminding me that Internet Explorer isn't the only web browser.
#160 Posted by Deathpooky (1452 posts) -
@sixghost: I'm sure both agreements discuss Battle.net disruptions, but that won't exactly stop a group from suing.  I imagine Blizzard had to make at least some warranty of the battle.net service when licensing it out for use/broadcast.
 
There are lots of ways to get around contracts, and with probably millions of dollars at stake some North Korean and US lawyers will have a lot of fun managing the inevitable legal dispute that'll come about when battle.net screws up GSL tournaments.
#161 Posted by Darknaut (126 posts) -

Look at your game, now back to me, now back at your game, now back to me. Sadly, it isn't me. But if it had LAN support for tournament play it could be stable like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're at MLG with the game your game could be like. What's on your monitor? It's Jinro using a manner factory to block mining. Look again, the game has successfully concluded.
Anything is possible when your game actually has LAN support for tournaments. Bunker rush.
 
I think I've seen that commercial too many times now. Bummer that they don't seem to be continuing to cast replays though, that was actually making it alright. =/

#162 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Darknaut said:
" Look at your game, now back to me, now back at your game, now back to me. Sadly, it isn't me. But if it had LAN support for tournament play it could be stable like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're at MLG with the game your game could be like. What's on your monitor? It's Jinro using a manner factory to block mining. Look again, the game has successfully concluded. Anything is possible when your game actually has LAN support for tournaments. Bunker rush.  I think I've seen that commercial too many times now. Bummer that they don't seem to be continuing to cast replays though, that was actually making it alright. =/ "
Genius sir.
 
 
And I agree, I was enjoying those replays, watching some Modern Warfare 2 now, that game really shouldn't be played at this kind of stage, it's so dull to watch like this.
#163 Posted by Fattony12000 (7632 posts) -
@Fogh said:
" @Fattony12000: thanks for reminding me that Internet Explorer isn't a web browser. "
MOAR LIEK SHADOWOFAMNEYEWRIGHTBROTHERS!?
#164 Posted by Kamisaki (16 posts) -

This tourney is amazing.  Jinro is my new Terran hero.  His game 2 against Socke yesterday was the single most epic game I've seen yet!

#165 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -

a little anti-climactic after all the wait for the final game, but i guess that was to be expected,
 
those connection problems sucked hard

#166 Posted by ThaMilkMan (356 posts) -
@Scooper: where? where where?
#167 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
#168 Posted by ThaMilkMan (356 posts) -
@Scooper: thanks dude!
#169 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Deathpooky said:
" @sixghost: I'm sure both agreements discuss Battle.net disruptions, but that won't exactly stop a group from suing.  I imagine Blizzard had to make at least some warranty of the battle.net service when licensing it out for use/broadcast. There are lots of ways to get around contracts, and with probably millions of dollars at stake some North Korean and US lawyers will have a lot of fun managing the inevitable legal dispute that'll come about when battle.net screws up GSL tournaments. "
I'm sure Blizz has to make some guarantee that there will be fair effort given to keep the b.net servers up, but how could they possibly guarantee the servers will not go down during important tournaments? That's just unreasonable. Regardless, your argument about this pertaining to the GSL is ridiculous, because Blizzard all but runs the GSL themselves. If anyone ever tried to pull something like that against blizzard, you could bet that they would never be given a license to operate an SC2 tournament ever again.
Also, I'm not sure if you were making a joke, but you do know that it's SOUTH Korea that is way into SC. North Korea is the one with the nuclear weapons and the crimes against humanity.
#170 Posted by DoctorWelch (2765 posts) -

If Blizzard doesnt add LAN after this, then they really are as ignorant and disconnected from the community as a lot of people think. Now that the game has been out, there isnt any argument against LAN because the only argument against it in the first place was sales numbers. Now most of the people who were gonna buy it have already bought it, and the people that still want it but dont have it will still probably buy it because the amount of people that will 1. still be/want to be playing the game months after it's out, and 2. only want to play their friends, is a very small minority.

#171 Posted by JoeRosa (88 posts) -

To many macros going on at once >.<

#172 Posted by audiosnag (1582 posts) -
@Kamisaki said:
" This tourney is amazing.  Jinro is my new Terran hero.  His game 2 against Socke yesterday was the single most epic game I've seen yet! "
Agreeeeed.
#173 Posted by Daggith (26 posts) -
@Darknaut: 
Hahahaha, nice.
#174 Posted by Bouz (98 posts) -
@DoctorWelch: There are adding 2 expansions so piracy could still hurt sales. 
#175 Posted by Onizuka36 (27 posts) -

Congrats to Jinro! Team Liquid had a good showing.

#176 Posted by SwagginWagon (5 posts) -

Great series.

#177 Posted by Chewii101 (822 posts) -

I think Bisu and SKTT1 will continue to domin-..............wait a minute. 

#178 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

Meh, Star Craft.
Meh, competitive gaming.

#179 Posted by Addfwyn (1953 posts) -

I mostly stick to GSL to get my competitive SC2 fix it's almost constantly on and the level of play is just a lot higher than some of these other tournaments.  I also am more partial to the Korean playstyle, but that's solely personal preference.  

#180 Posted by Fish_Bulb (15 posts) -
@leebmx: A natural refers to the player's natural expansion, which is the expansion location right outside of their main base.  A 6 pool, for instance refers to a build where a zerg player builds a spawning pool (for zerglings) when their army supply number (top right corner of the screen) is at 6.
#181 Posted by Hangnail (193 posts) -
ITS OFFICIAL: StarCraft II has taken over my life, but dammit to hell if I'm going to let myself be dragged out of my hole to stoop into THIS level of crazy...!
#182 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -

So is there anywhere where you can watch replays of the stream? I missed Friday and a little of Saturday, and I love Day 9's and DJwheat's commentary.

#183 Posted by snotboogie (18 posts) -

Yes Blizzard, TT1 really wants LAN.

#184 Posted by nexex (2 posts) -

Battle.net, what me worry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.