Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Anyone Besides me Disappointed at the list?

• 69 results
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

I love Capcom's roaster, but I'm really disappointed at Marvel's Roaster. Not only are my favorite characters not in it, They just wasted two character slots for female versions of characters they already have. I like X-23 but both her and She-Hulk should have just been DLC. I'm I the only one or amirite? 

No Gambit, Cyclops, Cable, Venom, OR Psylocke?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I don't don't much about Marvel, but, yeah Gambit would be nice. Hopefully X-23 and She-Hulk are fun.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I always went with the CAPCOM side of characters anywhoo, but yeah a MvC title without Cyclops is fuckin' criminal! He wasn't in the original MvC (not playable anywhoo), but I figured he was a mainstay since he was in Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter afterwards, and then of course MvC2.

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By pantzing_nome

The list looks pretty good to me but it's hard to tell because until I'm able to try out the new characters I cant really tell if they will be fun to use. Although I was hoping that Cable would be added to the game's roster.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmasheControllers
    @pantzing_nome: I kinda understand Cable since he is die. 
    @Abyssfull: Same here my teams going to be Nate, Morrigan and Hagger, but I just would have like to see a good Marvel Roaster. Oh well CashCom is going to release DLC anyways.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

I don't play but as someone else pointed out, is it not good that they're mixing it up? 

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By sameeeeam

I think the Marvel list is pretty solid.

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Heartbreak

It's pretty solid, I'm glad they did not use a lot of popular characters.

The game could do without Magneto or Storm.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By papercut

Yeah it kinda sucks but I think I can live with it.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pibo47

Im not buying this game day one for one reason: NO FUCKING VENOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Oh yeah, she hulk is fucking lame.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By benjaebe

For those who might not know, the full roster so far is:

Marvel (15): Captain America, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Dormammu, The Hulk, Iron Man, Magneto, MODOK, She-Hulk, Shuma-Gorath (DLC), Spider-Man, Super-Skrull, Thor, Wolverine, X-23

Capcom (15): Amaterasu, Arthur, Chris Redfield, Chun-Li, Dante, Felicia, Jill (DLC), Morrigan, Ryu, Spencer, Trish, Tron Bonne, Viewtiful Joe, Wesker, Zero

I for one am glad Marvel picked some different characters. I'm mostly a Capcom guy anyway (Jill, Arthur and Spider-Man thanks.) I'd be distraught without Spider-Man though.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By benpack

Everyone's gonna have a couple of characters that they wanted that aren't in it. I personally am upset by the lack of a few, but Haggar, Sir Arthur and Super Skrull make it up for me.

Icebuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Icebuncle

Marvel has so many characters in it's universe that there will always be some heroes/villains that people wish were in the roster. The only thing they can do is to mix it up and put different characters in different games. I admit I would love to see Gambit in it though.

On the other hand: It has Deadpool, Spider-man and Wesker. I am set for life!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I'm not really a fan of a few choices here and there on both sides, but I'm fine with it. The one choice I really don't understand is C. Viper. Out of every Street Fighter character that isn't a shoto, they add her?

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

If you think they're just copies of eachother you haven't seen much on them. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By Hailinel
    @PrimeSynergy said:
    " I'm not really a fan of a few choices here and there on both sides, but I'm fine with it. The one choice I really don't understand is C. Viper. Out of every Street Fighter character that isn't a shoto, they add her? "
    They probably added her as a representative of Street FIghter IV, though I'd have been happier with any of the other new characters.  Personally, it's difficult for me to think of a worse Street Fighter character than C. Viper.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toowalrus

I'm disapointed in a few omissions, of course, but overall I think it's a good list. I wish M. Bison was on it, though. And why'd they pull Frank West? Oh well, I'll still be playing it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I still wish Frank West was in there, but I'm dealing with it.  

No, the list isn't all that it could be, but overall I'm fine with it. And I think that there isn't really any way for them to include every character that everyone wants, and still get the level of depth that people want from the game. 

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@SmashedControllers: I'm looking forward to the game, but yeah, a couple of the character choices leave a lot to be desired. 

Plus She-Hulk's design is just ugly. It looks like a character model from 2004.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pessh

Cable is in the game, he's Deadpool, She Hulk has a completely unique moveset that wouldn't work for any of the characters you mentioned. If they added Cable and Cyclops you'd all bitch like you are right now about the number of shotos in Street Fighter. In a FIGHTING game, the character models are not the most important thing. Oh and that female version of Wolverine they wasted a slot on can turn invisible.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

I love the list, but it's unfortunate that Frank West is gone! He would have been fun. Gambit, Cyclops, Venom and Psylocke are like my least played characters, so I don't mind their disapearace. If Cable is just Deadpool that's fine too, though now I can see Deadpool will be the "Ken" go-to character both because he's got Cable's moves, and people like Deadpool for some reason. 

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hailinel said:

" @PrimeSynergy said:

" I'm not really a fan of a few choices here and there on both sides, but I'm fine with it. The one choice I really don't understand is C. Viper. Out of every Street Fighter character that isn't a shoto, they add her? "
    They probably added her as a representative of Street FIghter IV, though I'd have been happier with any of the other new characters.  Personally, it's difficult for me to think of a worse Street Fighter character than C. Viper. "
    As little SSF4 as I have played, I can say that I hated C. Viper. I really like Abel, but Hagger is in the game so I'm good with that, one bad Capcom character isn't going to make or break the whole capcom roaster.
    JediiKNIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JediiKNIGHT

Bayonetta would have been cool lol but seriously why no gambit and cable :(

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By MysteriousBob

I think the roster is brilliant. Nice of Capcom to bring in some (to non-comic readers) unknowns. I discovered most Marvel characters through the MVC games, so I'm glad they've chosen new guys instead of just rehashing 'fan favs'. 

The only character to be playable in EVERY Capcom Marvel game (starting with COTA) is Wolverine. So he's the only 'given'.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Hailinel
    @JediiKNIGHT said:
    " Bayonetta would have been cool lol but seriously why no gambit and cable :( "
    Bayonetta isn't a Capcom character.

@SmashedControllers said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @PrimeSynergy said:

They probably added her as a representative of Street FIghter IV, though I'd have been happier with any of the other new characters.  Personally, it's difficult for me to think of a worse Street Fighter character than C. Viper. "
    As little SSF4 as I have played, I can say that I hated C. Viper. I really like Abel, but Hagger is in the game so I'm good with that, one bad Capcom character isn't going to make or break the whole capcom roaster. "

True.  I just would have preferred Abel, Juri, or Hakan over C. Viper.
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By craigbo180

I like C.Viper.

I would have liked to see frank west and megaman from capcom and daredevil and sentinel from marvel. This is not from the perspective of a serious player they are just characters that I like and think would be fun to play with.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#27  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Hailinel said:
    " @SmashedControllers said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @PrimeSynergy said:

As little SSF4 as I have played, I can say that I hated C. Viper. I really like Abel, but Hagger is in the game so I'm good with that, one bad Capcom character isn't going to make or break the whole capcom roaster. "
    True.  I just would have preferred Abel, Juri, or Hakan over C. Viper. "
    Yeah, but C. Viper is practically a VS. character to begin with so translating her to MvC3 makes the most sense out of all of the new cast.  She has big flashy specials and a super jump.

But yeah, I'm thrilled with the cast.  The closest they have to a clone character is Akuma / Ryu but even then, they seem to be pretty different.  I can't wait to get my hands on Taskmaster.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By FancySoapsMan

roaster

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jeffsekai

They added C.Viper because she is already the most Marvel like character in SSF4.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Undeadpool
    @SmashedControllers: Not to put too fine a point on it, but every single person on that list is in the X-Men. There are already four of 'em in the game. 
    Frankly, I'm more disappointed by the THREE freaking characters from Resident Evil and Goddamn TRISH from DMC.
    M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By M_33

I'm happy with the list. The only person I could really do without is She-Hulk.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Linkin10362

I'm happy, could use some Gambit though...

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By Gabriel

It would be cool if the Molecule Man or Beyonder were in there. 

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FUN

I can understand being wary about X-23, but really, She-Hulk (and Thor) should have been playable in Marvel Super Heroes instead of the cameos they eventually got.  I find some of the choices that Marvel was shooting down odd (Cyclops, Gambit, Venom, Psylocke, etc.)  I was really hoping for some Fantastic Four members this time around, but I can live with Super-Skrull, that is more than a fair compromise.  Plus I can have a team of FF related characters with Doom/Skrull/S-Hulk, so there's that.  I also like that there are still characters that are unconventional and unique, like Shuma-Gorath, MODOK, the Sentinel, and Dormammu, it's not all "hey these guys have a movie coming up rep them."

For Capcom, Juri and Viper were pretty much the most worthy SF IV characters.  Maaaaaybe Seth, but he's so god damn lame and I never want to see him again.   The only character that I'm really puzzled about being gone is M. Bison.  I was expecting Bison, but I was also expecting Akuma.  Plenty of room for both of them, imo.  It was obvious when Arthur was reveled that Mega Man's chances had plummeted, but Arthur has proven himself to be a worthy successor.   It was ballsy of them to not put in Power Stone or Rival Schools or Sengoku Basara characters that were considered for TvC to differentiate the two Vs series, I applaud that.

Overall, I can understand why someone who doesn't really play to be disappointed, but from a competitive and gameplay standpoint, it's really damn good.

JediiKNIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JediiKNIGHT
    @Hailinel said:
    " @JediiKNIGHT said:
    " Bayonetta would have been cool lol but seriously why no gambit and cable :( "
    Bayonetta isn't a Capcom character.

@SmashedControllers said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" @PrimeSynergy said:

True.  I just would have preferred Abel, Juri, or Hakan over C. Viper. "
    lol I realize that she is not a capcom character, I was just saying it would be awesome to see her in a fighting game like this :P
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mazik765

She Hulk is surprisingly different from Hulk if you read the comics, and I'm unfamiliar with X-23 but she looks pretty awesome to me.

SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SuperBuster

Of course, like anyone, I have some gripes about characters that should have been in the roster (Cyclops, Venom, Megaman) and characters that are taking up slots (X-23, She-Hulk, Trish) but the amount of awesome new characters makes up for my gripes and more (Deadpool, Zero, MODOK, Wesker, Super-Skrull, Amaterasu, Taskmaster, Dante, and more)

Plus, this is Marvel vs. Capcom 3, a game I've been waiting forever for. There's no way in hell I won't be playing this game no matter how bad the roster is.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#38  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I like the level of obscure they went into for both ends of the roster. However, what they failed to obtain from MvC 2 or even TvC is joke characters. I want a team consisting of Dan, Roll, and Servbot. Then again, if you didn't think about some of the choices too hard, I guess they could be considered jokes. MODOK for one, though I still genuinely dislike the inclusion of characters like Trish and She Hulk.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By carlthenimrod

I'm glad they just aren't re-using all of the same characters from the other games. I'm sure you will see a butt-load of DLC characters anyways.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By Yanngc33
    @SmashedControllers im praying for hidden characters but it seems like theyre keeping some for dlc which sucks think there are any hidden characters?
    Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
    LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

To all you Gambit-lovers: he's not even in the comics any more.  Nobody cares.

Lilarcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By Lilarcor
    @FUN:  I agree that taking Bison out seems strange, especially since the Capcom side is so light on villains in general.

I was more or less sold on this game the minute Amaterasu was announced, so most of the rest of roster is just gravy to me. I think Capcom has really prioritized making sure all of the characters fighting styles are interesting and different rather than sticking with the 'expected' characters. That's why we have characters like MODOK or Dormammu that might not be Marvel's most popular: because Capcom saw potential to make them into fighting game characters that used a unique style they hadn't tried in a VS game before. The only character from MvC2 that I'm really missing is Strider, because I like his design and the way he played. Still, Wesker seems to be filling the void of 'teleporting melee character' pretty well in his absence. I hope he makes it in as DLC, though.

And I personally think Viper looks fun as hell in MvC3, she's probably going to be one of the first characters I try out. Sorry to everyone that hates her.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By scarace360

No sentinal and no cable why!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By scarace360
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Agent47

What is wrong with Capcom?They wasted two good characters on Boone and Hsien Ko.Like who cares!?Who wants to play as those wack ass characters?They could of had Frank fuckin West but nooooo.Damn sometimes Capcom I just wanna.............

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Frank West. Meh.

Kumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kumo

No Strider and Gambit = sadface.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bestostero

I'm very disappointed with the list, but I bet they're just gonna try and profit off characters that clearly should've been in by making them DLC.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By awesomeusername
    @benjaebe said:
    " For those who might not know, the full roster is:

Marvel (15): Captain America, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Dormammu, The Hulk, Iron Man, Magneto, MODOK, She-Hulk, Shuma-Gorath (DLC), Spider-Man, Super-Skrull, Thor, Wolverine, X-23

Capcom (15): Amaterasu, Arthur, Chris Redfield, Chun-Li, Dante, Felicia, Jill (DLC), Morrigan, Ryu, Spencer, Trish, Tron Bonne, Viewtiful Joe, Wesker, Zero

I for one am glad Marvel picked some different characters. I'm mostly a Capcom guy anyway (Jill, Arthur and Spider-Man thanks.) I'd be distraught without Spider-Man though.

"
    There's actually 19 for each roster.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.