Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Scoops Into Stores February 15th

• 114 results
    drumpsycho89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By drumpsycho89

oh god thats fuking badass!!!

UltraMegaMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By UltraMegaMC

I hope that's just placeholder box art, though I have a feeling it's not.  :(  Morrigan, Hulk, Ryu, and Chun-Li are especially WTF-inducing.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By scarace360

Thats 6 days before my birthday. MAN I CANT WAIT.

Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Blitzer

DLC announced before the game is even out. Tsk tsk, people will never learn.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By SquirrelGOD

I'll get the special edition.  Mostly so I don't have to look at that awful boxart.  Jesus, who the hell did they hire to draw that?  I mean, it's significantly better than anything I could ever do, but between Capcom and fucking MARVEL, you'd think there would be better artists available.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By rjpelonia

Look at Dante on that boxart.

Just look at him.

Dude's totally posing for some romance novel or the cover shot for a lady's magazine or something.

I'm excited for this game.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#57  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @SquirrelGOD: Yeah, the special edition boxart is significantly better. 

Also, two characters are the DLC being announced before the game comes out? What the crap? Just put them in the game!
    Krrutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Krrutch

scoops hagen daas

madroxcide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By madroxcide

I'm so happy this is coming out, not because i love the game its one of those games i could never really grasp all that well or get good at, but it is one i love watching people play everything is so nuts and crazy it is awesome.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Sacerdos87 said:
    " wow, thats earlier than I thought for a release on the game. I thought they said spring, not sure if this could be good or bad considering how I'm still not comfortable with the roster revealed so far or the voice acting, god that announcer sounds so lame. "
    Well you can switch all of the Capcom characters to japanese, the Capcom characters work like SSF4's voices. 
    lolgreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By lolgreg

Is it just me or does the Hulk look really weird on that cover?

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JohnDudebro

I love how they keep showing Viewtiful Joe riding Amaterasu. It's fucking adorable.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bearshamanbro

Awesome, sign me up! I love that they will be adding DLC characters as long as they are balanced. As long as this game lives up to it's pedigree I'd pay double the price for it...and that's probably what I'll pay by the time time they get done nickle and diming me. Espescially if the SSFIV costumes are any indication of how the pricing will work.

Cux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Cux

OMG I WANT IT~~~!!!!

J_Las_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By J_Las_Vegas

Was looking forward to this but seeing as I would have to pay extra for a full roster of characters, I think I'll pass.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Anyone else think Hulk's and Ryu's heads look funny on the cover?
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By I_smell

DLC characters? aruururrgrghhnnnmn :(

I can't decide whether I love or hate the retro-mural look of the boxart.

RaidenMitsuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RaidenMitsuru

Not feeling the box art at all.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#69  Edited By Sooperspy

Imma probably get this.

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#70  Edited By tobygw

Hulk's looking spiffy

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By nail1080

Wait DLC characters? The fucking characters are already made, they should be in the game from day 1!!! That's bullshit, I'm going to buy this game preowned, dirty Capcom ain't getting my money.

Haseo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Haseo

DLC already Capcom really?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By OllyOxenFree

The box art is just...no.  Just no.

Hopefully it will be one of them "flip over to change artwork" kind of things.

Charlee_CoCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Charlee_CoCo

I like seeing all the idiots complaining about the DLC characters, believing that they're actually done and that they're just being held back from the game release as a way of screwing people over. 

To whatever people are actually dumb enough to believe that is the case, ask yourself why they're being released four weeks later and not day one. Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that the characters aren't done in order for the game to achieve it's ship date? Could that "maybe" be the reason why?

Yeah, you could argue "well if that's the case then they should be free" but if said characters were budgeted separately from the game or budgeted specifically as DLC then they have to charge for them in order to recoup their separate development costs.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75  Edited By jonnyboy

Ha Ha Capcom's at it again. Any money says these characters are on the disc.

drstrawberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#76  Edited By drstrawberry

I'm already eating a jill sandwitch
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By animateria
    @Charlee_CoCo:  

Except they released those SF4 costume unlock codes slowly rather than all at the same time eh?

Capcom is well known to sell you shit that's already on the disk. So it's no surprise people are expecting those characters to just have unlock codes. 
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ravensword

ugh, hope Capcom does good on the PS3 version, i got a stick on PS3.
    firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By firewrkninja

spider man and iron man need to switch places and hulk needs to look better then it would be passable box art

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By TheHT

That box art lacks umph.

Charlee_CoCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Charlee_CoCo
    @animateria said:
    " @Charlee_CoCo:   Except they released those SF4 costume unlock codes slowly rather than all at the same time eh? Capcom is well known to sell you shit that's already on the disk. So it's no surprise people are expecting those characters to just have unlock codes.  "
    Except the SF4 costumes were shown off well in advance, it was known that they were done, yet we have no video footage or anything of the sort showing these DLC characters being anywhere near complete. Also wasn't the first SF4 costume pack made available right from the get go and not four weeks later? Oh that's right it was, wasn't it? And why was it that they released the costumes over a couple of weeks instead of all at once, well it's a pretty good way of making sure people don't trade their game in right away if they know DLC is coming huh? They could be doing the same thing with this as well, but I don't blame them.

It's like since when have the Japanese ever been good with DLC or online/networking for that matter? They've always been ass backwards with that stuff, because they don't get it. Haven't you ever realized that whenever someone brings up "good" examples of DLC they almost always bring up Fallout or Burnout, ie western games? What's that? No you haven't? What a surprise, probably because every freaking time DLC comes up you get a bunch of idiots spouting off crap about how it should be free, or already included with the game, etc, with no indication of how DLC works. They think they've got it all figured out, like everything else, but they don't. Often times the dumbest comments are those that say things like "this would've never happened last generation" but the fact of the matter is that last generation we didn't tend to hear about things that cut for time or whatever and would've never gotten to seen those cut features unless they ended up in a sequel years later.

People often act like DLC is this horrible thing and/or that they never get what they want out of it, but the truth is, that it's not horrible and often times isn't a big deal, and the unrealistic expectations that people tend to want from DLC never happens because it's often times the type of thing(s) that would better help sell a sequel so there's no sense making those things into DLC for the niche group that even bothers with DLC to begin with. Oh that's right, that's something else that people tend to gloss over is that only 50% of people with consoles are even connected to the internet and then on top of that only a small percentage of that 50% is going to bother with DLC and to top it all off Sony and Microsoft take a big chunk of whatever DLC is sold, which is why devs/publishers will often times inflate the price of DLC or downloadable games, ie they adjust their prices based on Sony and Microsoft's cut.

In short don't pretend that people here know or understand how DLC works or what goes into it. I'm sure some people do, but it's not the people complaining about it.
    McDunkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By McDunkin

This is either the most intentionally bad or just the plain worst news title I have ever seen.

Drumminjay108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By Drumminjay108
    @Jolt92 said:
    " I'm so getting SE even though I'll suck hard at the game. "
    Same here!
    J_Las_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By J_Las_Vegas
    @Charlee_CoCo: 
    DLC characters four weeks after release in an online focussed fighting game is stupid because it immediately splits the community.  If you have no idea how some charcters play, how are you supposed to learn to counter them?  Imagine having to learn how to play against El Fuerte in SSFIV if He was DLC and you only ever saw Him online.  It would be frustrating as hell.

I have no problem with DLC in general.  I've always thought its a good way to support developers that make great games.  This type of DLC, on the other hand, penalises people who cannot afford to pay $10 every time a new character set is released.
    Charlee_CoCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Charlee_CoCo
    @J_Las_Vegas said:
    " @Charlee_CoCo:  DLC characters four weeks after release in an online focussed fighting game is stupid because it immediately splits the community.  If you have no idea how some charcters play, how are you supposed to learn to counter them?  Imagine having to learn how to play against El Fuerte in SSFIV if He was DLC and you only ever saw Him online.  It would be frustrating as hell. I have no problem with DLC in general.  I've always thought its a good way to support developers that make great games.  This type of DLC, on the other hand, penalises people who cannot afford to pay $10 every time a new character set is released. "
    You'd have an argument if game balance actually had some role to play in MvC3.

I remember talking to Seth (Killian) about this back at E3, talking about how there was no way the game could be balanced because that's not what they're striving to achieve especially since they know they can't given the amount of characters the game has. Balance isn't something they really look at with the VS series, they try to keep it in mind and mash out any sort of glaring problems, but at the end of the day the bigger goal is to make it fun and off the wall. A fighting game like SF4 on the other hand follows a completely different design philosophy. 

Also you're assuming that you'll even be able to play against people who have the DLC characters when you don't, when there's been nothing to show that's what's going to happen. It's like you do know that it's possible to segregate players who have DLC and often times what happens in head to head games right? Plus if you're only going to playing online you're eventually going to learn how to counter a character. There are lots of people who play SF4 online (only) and will only play one (or two) character like Ryu for instance who end up playing against El Fuerte and have to learn how to counter Fuerte. 

Explain this to me. When someone plays the game day 1 aren't they going to have to learn how to counter all 30 (or whatever) characters the game has? So what difference does two more make a month later? I would think that alot of gamers would like that challenge of overcoming a new obstacle.
    Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#86  Edited By Colt
    @Halberdierv2 said:
    " hmm ... no NeoZero? pity. and i hate them slapping on $10 for 3 measley characters. CHEAP! "
    Theyre giving one month access to Marvel digital comics.. which costs $10. And an artbook, a comic and dlc? I think its a damn good deal.
    halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By halberdierv2
    @Colt said:
    " @Halberdierv2 said:
    " hmm ... no NeoZero? pity. and i hate them slapping on $10 for 3 measley characters. CHEAP! "
    Theyre giving one month access to Marvel digital comics.. which costs $10. And an artbook, a comic and dlc? I think its a damn good deal. "
    i must admit, I didn't see that until just now. well then, makes things better then!
    stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88  Edited By stackboy

Capgod, take my money.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MikkaQ

Jill's back? I'm very happy about this! 

Also that marvel unlimited comics deal sounds sweet. Netflix for marvel? If they stay current, I'd probably rather read comics like that, especially with their great iPad app.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Solh0und

Mystic Stare!

Blueblur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Blueblur1

Box art is pretty bad. Fix it , Capcom.

petitfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By petitfool

No, Yipes: I'm so Pringles.

Afro_Stevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Afro_Stevens

I am a happy panda.

Rek503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Rek503

This gives me more excuses to say the word "Hype."

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @MattBodega:  What the fuck is up with Hulk in that boxart pic???  W T F.  He looks like an MMA fighter.   

"HULK SHUFFLE ON FLOOR"
    thepantheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By thepantheon

Lol at Chun Li.

SHE BEEN MADE WHITE.

THIS IS RACISM YO

Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Onigenko

Hell yeah, Capgod! Totally buying that Special Edition.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#98  Edited By wrathofconn

Where's my Gambit, son?

Belmont_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Belmont_Shadow

9 Years we have waited for MVC3. NINE FUCKING YEARS!!!! CAN'T WAIT GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.