Thursday Night Throwdown Comes to Your Town!

• 91 results
#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

...assuming your town is somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area!  

So, we're playing with the idea for this week's Marvel vs. Capcom 3 of inviting select members of the Giant Bomb community into the studio to play against the home competitors, on camera. I have to stress that this is no guarantee, and sets no precedent for future Throwdowns, but I wanted to gauge interest here.  

You have to be 18+, and willing to be on camera. Oh, and you have to be mad good at Marvel vs. Capcom 3. So step up!

Staff
#2 Posted by Conker (784 posts) -

Sounds awesome. Too bad I'm up here in Canada, but good luck to every one else!

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11021 posts) -

RADICAL! Too bad I live in Massachusetts. 

#4 Edited by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

In MY town, hmmm. 

EDIT: I'm not in S.F so :(

#5 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

Kinda wish I was living in San Francisco.

#6 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

I meet neither requirement, but these kinds of things are always exciting. Here's to hoping it works out.

#7 Posted by Potter9156 (941 posts) -

That's not my town. Thanks for getting my hopes up, dick.

#8 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I live in SF... am 18+... but I'm not mad good at MvC, seeing as how I've never played a vs. game and just got it today.

#9 Posted by smitty86 (698 posts) -

After the extreme awkwardness of call-ins from the Friday show, I find myself both intrigued and horrified by this idea.

#10 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Well, with those rules... you'll probably get one or two people. How about... you just have to know Marvel vs Capcom 3. You'll get more people that way.

#11 Edited by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

This strikes me as 'Hey! no one here at Whiskey Media is any good at MVC3. Wanna come play and do this for us?'

That being said, I would totally come on down if I lived in the area and was any good at the game, but only if I could touch Will's beard and/or hold hands with Rorie.    

#12 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" I live in SF... am 18+... but I'm not mad good at MvC, seeing as how I've never played a vs. game and just got it today. "

#13 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Ryan: Very interested, and live in San Francisco.
#14 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:

" @GlenTennis said:

" I live in SF... am 18+... but I'm not mad good at MvC, seeing as how I've never played a vs. game and just got it today. "

"
You're right! Time to skip class and play for 24 hours straight!
#15 Posted by StarvingGamer (8241 posts) -

If I didn't have work I would TOTALLY drive up there from LA to beast on you guys at MvC3 in a non-stalkerish way. And since I'm from LA you know I'll look fabulous on camera.

#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11021 posts) -
@StarvingGamer: CALL IN SICK!
#17 Posted by StarvingGamer (8241 posts) -
@DougQuaid: It's probably more to do with the fact that MvC3 does not have a spectator mode for their endless lobbies so the alternative is them running a 2 man lobby and having to invite new players one at a time in between matches.
#18 Posted by august (3845 posts) -

Is San Francisco near Brooklyn?

#19 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

I live in Alabama. Is that close enough?

#20 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

This can only end horribly. I can't wait!

#21 Posted by StarvingGamer (8241 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @StarvingGamer: CALL IN SICK! "
I already squandered a sick day tomorrow so my buddy and I can flog each other... in MvC3 of course! Can't rightly justify wasting a second one + spending the $100+ on gas it would take for a round trip.
#22 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

This could be really cool.. or really bad. We will see on Thursday I guess.

#23 Edited by Beforet (2922 posts) -

Well, I just had my eighteenth birthday. And I would love to be on camera! But I suck at fighting games. And I live in New York. 

I guess I'll just have watch in here, on my computer screen. With no pants. Like usual.

#24 Posted by CSXLoser (582 posts) -
@Beforet said:
" Well, I just had my eighteenth birthday. And I would love to be on camera! But I suck at fighting games. And I live in New York.   I guess I'll just have watch in here, on my computer screen. With no pants. Like usual. "
this but replace new york with Houston
#25 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

I am neither in your country nor any good at Marvel vs. Capcom, so I shan't bother you.

#26 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4512 posts) -

I live in Maryland damn...

oh well, I don't have a car so time to start the walk.

#27 Posted by Undeadpool (4941 posts) -
@Ryan: I do live in the SF Bay Area, I am over 18, but I don't think I can get MAD good by Thursday. That said, I'll try, damnit.
#28 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

That's a no go for me on both counts. East coast here and I haven't played a MvC game since I was a wee lad in the local arcade years and years ago.

#29 Edited by handlas (2681 posts) -

live no where near there but I'd watch it.  I don't watch many of the TNTs.

#30 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
@august said:
" Is San Francisco near Brooklyn? "
#31 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

This is a very cool idea.  One of the many reasons i love this site.  Too bad im in Michigan :(

#32 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

I live in the Bay Area normally but I am up in Oregon now for college. :(

#33 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

Man, why doesn't GB do TNTs of good games like this:

#34 Posted by Jackile (10 posts) -

Looks like I'm moving to SF Wednesday

#35 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Alright. After playing more I say I'd be comfortable.

#36 Posted by MrGetBonus (782 posts) -

That is nowhere near Maryland, sir. I have been duped!

#37 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Oh, my god. This will be horrible

I CAN'T WAIT!

#38 Posted by Daveyo520 (6758 posts) -

Can you change San Fran with Providence and make me good at MvC3? That would be good, thanks.

#39 Posted by ZmillA (2271 posts) -

something something, too bad I live in something

#40 Posted by lord_canti (1512 posts) -

sadly i live in the uk so not only can i not go to this ....I CANT EVEN DO TNT  stupid friday release date

#41 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

I skipped the Happy Hour with the call in's, think I'll skip this too. No offence, but I cringe really easily.

#42 Edited by Sweep (8861 posts) -

Guess I just have to sit here and wait patiently for the Giant Bomb world tour. 

Come to London. We have a Virgin Megastore! 

EDIT:

Apparently we no longer have a Virgin Megastore. Sad pandas :(
#43 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@the_chojin99: Tell me about it. I ordered it from a store on the internet yesterday, and I probably won't get it until Monday or some stupid day like that.
#44 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -

That's a pretty awesome idea. Hope you guys get some cool peeps for it, maybe....dare I say a pro player from the tournie scene?

#45 Edited by matti00 (668 posts) -
@Sweep said:

" Come to London. We have a Virgin Megastore! "

Do you? I thought they all closed?
#46 Posted by Sweep (8861 posts) -
@matti00: Really? Huh. 

Well that sucks.
#47 Posted by Chaossebba (285 posts) -

Damn it, I live in Belgium, and I cant justify an 800 euro flight >:c

#48 Posted by Kieran_ES (258 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" Guess I just have to sit here and wait patiently for the Giant Bomb world tour.  Come to London. We have a Virgin Megastore! "
People still live in London? Come live the good life in Kent. Sun, sea, sand, and chavs. 
#49 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I hope this happens. Get your member shirts ready, peeps!

#50 Posted by Yummylee (21652 posts) -

As long as I get to witness some pure, unadulterated Live TV RAAAAAGE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.