Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Just completed Mass Effect 2 on insanity (probable spoilers)

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By hicks91

First off, what a ride that was! I played it through on normal having imported my ME1 character, wasnt satisfied so decided to dive right in. First up my stats: 

Soldier , imported at 30 
    chose the widow sniper rifle 
    toyed with reave for a while, eventually settled for warp ammo 

Amazing experience, not like the call of duty or bad company games difficulty level, where it feels cheap and youre just hopping from save to save, insanity made it so the tactical side to combat was far more important than just hittin em up 

Grunt got a lot of use, found him as an overall gun platform as invaluable, and on levels where there are tons of them ghoul things coming at you his charge attack (melee) one hits them.  some seriously intense gameplay was coaxed out of me, the disabled collector ship was damn near impossible but it just felt so satisfying to finish it. By the time i had got all/most the upgrades the slack was let up (slightly!!) and i found myself having to reload very rarely. 

Also i banged miranda 
    hell yesssssssssssssss 

i also managed to haul everyones sorry asses outta the collector base 
    found it easier than when i did it on normal

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By hicks91

First off, what a ride that was! I played it through on normal having imported my ME1 character, wasnt satisfied so decided to dive right in. First up my stats: 

Soldier , imported at 30 
    chose the widow sniper rifle 
    toyed with reave for a while, eventually settled for warp ammo 

Amazing experience, not like the call of duty or bad company games difficulty level, where it feels cheap and youre just hopping from save to save, insanity made it so the tactical side to combat was far more important than just hittin em up 

Grunt got a lot of use, found him as an overall gun platform as invaluable, and on levels where there are tons of them ghoul things coming at you his charge attack (melee) one hits them.  some seriously intense gameplay was coaxed out of me, the disabled collector ship was damn near impossible but it just felt so satisfying to finish it. By the time i had got all/most the upgrades the slack was let up (slightly!!) and i found myself having to reload very rarely. 

Also i banged miranda 
    hell yesssssssssssssss 

i also managed to haul everyones sorry asses outta the collector base 
    found it easier than when i did it on normal

Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FakePlasticTree

My hat is off to you. I finished the game then decided to start again on insanity. I'm probably about halfway through the story, but I just can't seem to get past the part I'm suck at. I've been trying for like six months. 

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

Ive been working my way through it and stopped for a while but since overlord came out I have been  chipping away at it some more. I have opened up the suicide mission but I'm unsure If i need to do Tali's loyalty. i don't remember if theres any upgrades worth collecting on it. 

well done on finishing it though... it is a total motherfucker especially the dead collector ship.
    hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hicks91

at times it was very very very frustrating, and starting at level 30 ish (may have been a tad lower) certainly alleviated that alot 
    gonna say the widow was my best friend, that with heightened adrenaline rush and upgrades had me one shotting most enemies 
    a tip i picked up on 
    towards the end of the game most fights are on platforms 
    samara or whoever with heavy lift just lobs people off, its recharge is neglibgible you can do some serious damage

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rosebud04

i started a new career as an infiltrator and the invisibility power, when combined with a sniper rifle, really helped me out of some sticky situations. also, using the Arc Projector really helps when taking on multiple enemies.  

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By sixdemonbag

I'm past the Collector ship in my Insanity run, the Arc Projector was my best friend.   I'm just wrapping up everyone's loyalty mission (except Tali's because I want to take Legion with me).  It hasn't been too terrible, except for a bad spot here and there.  The AI for my teammates can get messed up sometimes since they don't understand the principles of needing to stay in cover and the concept of a finite medi-gel supply.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Good work! I know that when I played it I didn't do a lot of the loyalty missions, and ended up with three or four deaths. I did think that the Praetorians were a little cheap, but I also went with the geth shield boost instead of warp ammo, so that may be why.  

@sixdemonbag : You know, it is possible to do both Tali's and Legion's missions and have both of them still like you, you just need either your renegade or paragon meters to be high enough to persuade both of them.

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sixdemonbag

No I know, I meant I just figure it would be fun to take a Geth to the Quarian Flotilla.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @hicks91 said:
    not like the call of duty or bad company games difficulty level, where it feels cheap and youre just hopping from save to save, insanity made it so the tactical side to combat was far more important than just hittin em up 

I didn't mind Insanity on ME2 but c'mon, that's a bullshit statement. ME2 relied on a flawed mechanic that the MW1 Devs admitted was a problem and took out of MW2 - infinite spawns until you cross an invisible line.  
    There's only a few sections where this comes up but goddamn it all if it wasn't a huge pain in the ass. The one that sticks out is going after Harkin in the warehouse (with the flame canisters on the ceiling and Mech at the back of the room) - unless you cross the line to activate the Mech the Blue Suns just keep pouring in and there's noting tactical or challenging about it, it's just cheap.

That being said, congratulations on beating it on Insanity.
    fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I used Mordin and Miranda on my insanity playthrough. AOE incinerate dealt with husks like they were no problem because after their armor was gone, throw one shotted them (I was an Adept). Having Miranda's warp was also a good thing to have on top of my own. Insanity was a lot of fun, as it provided a sense of urgency that wasn't there on other difficulty settings.I played through the game on insanity first and then I did hardcore my second time through and it really didn't feel like there was ever much of a problem running through the levels. The enemies would drop almost instantly and it removed the sense of urgency from all of the combat.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hicks91
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    " @hicks91 said:
    not like the call of duty or bad company games difficulty level, where it feels cheap and youre just hopping from save to save, insanity made it so the tactical side to combat was far more important than just hittin em up 

I didn't mind Insanity on ME2 but c'mon, that's a bullshit statement. ME2 relied on a flawed mechanic that the MW1 Devs admitted was a problem and took out of MW2 - infinite spawns until you cross an invisible line.   There's only a few sections where this comes up but goddamn it all if it wasn't a huge pain in the ass. The one that sticks out is going after Harkin in the warehouse (with the flame canisters on the ceiling and Mech at the back of the room) - unless you cross the line to activate the Mech the Blue Suns just keep pouring in and there's noting tactical or challenging about it, it's just cheap. That being said, congratulations on beating it on Insanity. "
    i think there were very few instances where infinitely spawning enemies was used, the one you mentioned and on the boss fight on jack recruit level. I may have played it differently to you but at no point did i feel it cheap. Case in point the aforementioned jack boss fight, where you have to stop the shield generators. I had to push forward on both flanks, take out the generator and make it back to a safe point. On normal i coulda just ran forward and tanked this hits but the constant pressure the enemies applied to me forced me to hold someone back to cover me, have someone cover the other way lest i get flanked and run forward at opportune times, i enjoyed that aspect far more than in bfbc2 or mw2 (i only played them through on the hardest difficulty so i cant compare how it plays on normal) where they make the enemies tanks and you a feather 

@fishmicmuffin said:
    " I used Mordin and Miranda on my insanity playthrough. AOE incinerate dealt with husks like they were no problem because after their armor was gone, throw one shotted them (I was an Adept). Having Miranda's warp was also a good thing to have on top of my own. Insanity was a lot of fun, as it provided a sense of urgency that wasn't there on other difficulty settings.I played through the game on insanity first and then I did hardcore my second time through and it really didn't feel like there was ever much of a problem running through the levels. The enemies would drop almost instantly and it removed the sense of urgency from all of the combat. "

i didnt use mordin at all, his lack of health really was an issue though you're right, throw is a godsend. Anything that knocks a husk off its feat one shots it. My way was to have samara with throw (if you max her passive ability the recharge is negligible) and grunt with squad fire ammo, and me with concussive blast. Made killing husks a doddle 
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By mazik765

Congrats! I personally beat it with a sentinel for the extra shields. I totally agree that the game is completely different on Insanity. Not until Insanity do you realize how important squad tactics, ammo skills, proper weapon selection and power use are. Most of my playthrough was with Miranda (for her squad buff) and Garrus (because he's awesome). But I would usually swap out Garrus for Mordin on husk heavy levels since, as mentioned before, his incinerate owns a lot and in most husk levels if you manage to kill them with incinerate before they get to melee range his low health isn't an issue :)

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

Congratulations to you, sir. I played as a level 30 Soldier for awhile on Insanity but could not seem to get past a certain area. I will try again! But I most likely will fail. So good job to you; go buy some cookies.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Brendan

All I can say is congratulations, sir.
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Chris2KLee

Good work dude, Insanity is no Joke. I tried importing at level 30 and it was too crazy. Restarted with a level 1 and it was a little easier. Enjoy that S-Rank!

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hicks91

i just played the game and i got most of the achievements that way 
    except the zaeed one i farmed that, that mission was just fucked up

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#17  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I heartily congratulate anyone who can complete that game on insanity. After only a short time trying to replay the game on that difficulty I realised it was going to be way beyond my ability.

eccelex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eccelex

I've been slowly chipping away at this on insanity for a few months now with a lv 30 vanguard and it has to be the single most difficult game i've ever played. The worst bit so far was at freedom's progress where you start off overwhelmed by husks coming from everywhere until you take out the two weird biotic versions. I just couldn't get past it until I realised the exploit that you could send in your squad without triggering the husks to then take out the two fuckers without reprieve.
    now each mission is started with a significant amount of dread for the inevitable wall I'll encounter. Grunt's loyalty mission may be left for last...

TheBalticOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheBalticOne
    @eccelex: Awww man I'd forgotten about freedom's progress. I went in there with a fully loaded mini nuke that I was planning on using against the flying laser eyed thing (praeotoris?), but I ended up using it against the two tank husk things that come out first. I was not happy
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Geno

I'm about to play on Insanity, what's so hard about it? Enemies just do more damage and have more health? Because I think I could handle that with max upgrades. I finished the game on Hard only dying a couple times (due to headrushing into 5 enemies at once).

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hicks91

you can drop the scions in four shots with the widow sniper rifle and adrenaline rush 
    just run and gun at that bit, your homies will take care of the husks 
    but yeah freedoms progress was p tricky

eccelex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eccelex

@TheBalticOne:yeah it's the tank husks that are dicks. complete bullet sponges. i found praetoris easier; just a case of taking potshots and running around cover 

@Geno: i thought the same thing. the trouble is everything becomes much harder to kill you become so much easier overwhelmed. plus the AI gets so accurate it could shoot an apple off mars. so weapon choice, squad and ammo types become paramount. go into a mission with the wrong mix and an already hard game becomes insanely difficult.

since my last post i've booted up the game again and gone straight into the abandoned collector ship.
    jeeping fuck
    i just get destroyed as soon as the collectors show up. any tips?

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By rjaylee
    @Geno said:
    "

I'm about to play on Insanity, what's so hard about it? Enemies just do more damage and have more health? Because I think I could handle that with max upgrades. I finished the game on Hard only dying a couple times (due to headrushing into 5 enemies at once).

"

It's not just that they do more (in fact way more) damage and have more health, but's its the concessions you have to do to take the enemies down. Every enemy will have a layer of armor on it now, and about 90% of the time a layer of shields.

Also, the actual amount of armor and shield they have is greatly higher, and the effectiveness of your weapon and ammo type/attack type is greatly mitigated to the point where blasting a guy with shields using the wrong ammo and the wrong type of gun really won't work very well anymore. In previous difficulties, you easily can trudge through the game without worrying about changing your gun/ammo types or attack variation that much.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hicks91
    @eccelex: that is the hardest part of the game no doubt 
    take miranda, whittle collector down to just health then just throw them off 
    think i took grunt as my other guy, grunt is always a good choice
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By haggis

Hearing you guys all talk about it makes me want to give Insanity a shot. I'd kinda convinced myself I wasn't going to enjoy it at that difficulty, but ... well, you're all making it sound doable.

Jet16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jet16

Congrats 
    I played on insanity for my first run through the game and chose vanguard. The game wasn't too difficult, and I can only remember one instance where I died constantly for an entire night. Surprisingly, I woke up the next day and beat it on my first try. The difficulty drops significantly on insanity once you teach Shepard Barrier.

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sixdemonbag
    @haggis:
    I rarely go back and play through a game again, but when I was done with the game the first time I only had 4 achievements left, so I figured why not.   I've beaten the Thresher Maw and Incinerated armor so far, now I just need to get the Brawler and Insanity ones and I'll be S ranked.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By guiseppe

I'm at the Collector Ship as an imported level 30 Adept. I don't know hoe many times I've tried now, it's damned near impossible. Just when you're making progress, and start thinking to yourself that you're finally, finally going to make it, you die. I have no idea how I'm supposed to beat it.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DarkShaper

Grats on finishing Insanity. I  found Tali and Jack to be the best team. 

eccelex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By eccelex
    @guiseppe said:
    " I'm at the Collector Ship as an imported level 30 Adept. I don't know hoe many times I've tried now, it's damned near impossible. Just when you're making progress, and start thinking to yourself that you're finally, finally going to make it, you die. I have no idea how I'm supposed to beat it. "
    agreed. I'm starting to think that this is just plain beyond my ability.
    i use the arc projector to remove the barriers from the first group of collectors so i can throw them off the platform, then harbinger comes along and proceeds to be a grade a piece of shit. by the time i've taken care of him the second platform arrives and i'm usually one party member down after losing both med packs. harbinger then comes again and i get royally F'd in the A. this is without even mentioning the scion hanging around throwing eggs (/shockwaves) at you. 
    oh mass effect, why must you treat me so bad?
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By guiseppe
    @eccelex said:
    " @guiseppe said:
    " I'm at the Collector Ship as an imported level 30 Adept. I don't know hoe many times I've tried now, it's damned near impossible. Just when you're making progress, and start thinking to yourself that you're finally, finally going to make it, you die. I have no idea how I'm supposed to beat it. "
    agreed. I'm starting to think that this is just plain beyond my ability. i use the arc projector to remove the barriers from the first group of collectors so i can throw them off the platform, then harbinger comes along and proceeds to be a grade a piece of shit. by the time i've taken care of him the second platform arrives and i'm usually one party member down after losing both med packs. harbinger then comes again and i get royally F'd in the A. this is without even mentioning the scion hanging around throwing eggs (/shockwaves) at you.  oh mass effect, why must you treat me so bad? "
    That's pretty much what happens to me as well. Now I've just given up on tactics and I'm trying to spam everything I've got at the first group just to get passed it with everyone alive. Arc Projector spamming can clear the first group before Harbinger assumes direct control (bastard!) but then you have no ammo left for it. Or at least I dont :P. I was so close once too, just me and a normal Collector left, guess what happens. That's right, Harbinger decides to pop in for some Shepard shishkebab.
    hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hicks91

seeing you guys all had problems gonna say how i did it 
    place miranda to the left of the platform, and whoever else you take to the right, samara is quite a good choice heavy reave + heavy warp = bye bye barriers, thought i used grunt for raw power and health 
    whenever a harbingers comes, take him out,  if you chose the widow it shouldnt be too bad, just focus fire and bring him down.  
    leave the scion, its pesky but overall its not too bad 
    try and kill enemies outright, dont whittle them down to low health as theyre the ones harbinger favours 

after the first two platforms things ease up, then you just gotta take care of the praetorian :) (hint: the enemies that spawn with him are not infinite)

eccelex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By eccelex
    @hicks91: cheers I'll give it another go tonight. I'm using miranda and grunt (not yet loyal, annoyingly) but may swap him out for zaeed's inferno grenades. the main problem i'm having is keeping people alive with only two med kits...
    watch this space.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By guiseppe

I will try more later I guess, but I've spent more or less the whole day trying to do that platform business. I've tried different positions, tactics, characters, methods.. I don't know what to do at this point. It seems to all be down to luck really, as I've almost gotten past it a few times. It's such a pain that you can't save that mission for later and go upgrade yoru stuff and gain loyalties.

Edit: So I jumped back in, and for some reason everything was easy as hell. It's like enemies did less damage and I did more, hardly any deaths or anything. Almost like the game set itself to easy, but I checked, and it's still on insanity. Maybe I was experiencing some kind of bug before? Or now? The only difference between now and then is that I rebooted the console, but I've done that earlier today too, so I don't understand why it was so unbelievably easy now. At least it got me through the level, finally.

eccelex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By eccelex
    @guiseppe: well it's still hard as hell for me. I've managed to get as far as EDI saying she's at 85% but i'm all out of ideas then. if i can just keep my squad alive to that point i should be ok since the praetorian is pretty manageable...
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By guiseppe
    @eccelex: Well, if it helps, I used Zaeed and Grunt. Both have Concussive Shot, and they were spammed heavily. I also used the Arc Projector to fry Collectors to death before any of them could become a Harbinger, while at the same time spamming Heavy Warp and CS. But then again, it was somehow incredibly easy for me, so maybe something's wrong.
    Avatar image for valentin_seleznyov
    Valentin_Seleznyov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished the game on the Insanity difficulty on Sunday night.  

The game rewards you for playing on the higher difficulty settings, i think. On "normal", the upgrades were just a nice bonus, but on Insanity that whole side of the game becomes vastly more important. Researching a power or accuracy upgrade makes a difference, so it became exciting.  

As for my character build, i used an imported level 59 soldier. My bonus talent was warp ammo, which when upgraded to team warp ammo was massively useful. In the collector vessel i went with the assault rifle; i forget what it's called. The Viper sniper rifle was probably my most used weapon though. Coupled with adrenaline rush and warp ammo, it's highly effective. 

Grunt and Miranda were the constants in my party. For loyalty missions, i'd take Miranda along with whoever i was helping out. Her special talent when fully upgraded passively benefits the whole team, making her indespensible in my eyes.

I only really found a few points in the game massively difficult, but everything else was consistently challenging. Defending the air defence turret on Horizon was a pain, but that paled in comparison to the derelict Collector vessel. My advice would be to take advantage of how easy it is to outmaneuver Praetorians; use pillars or high stacks of boxes.

The final battle with the Reaper was difficult. I died maybe 4 times, but that is thanks, in part, to my desire to finish the game with one shot from the m920 Cain. When i finally hit with that, it was amazing. Definitely the most satisfying final shot i have ever fired in a video game.
    eccelex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By eccelex
    @Valentin_Seleznyov said:
    "thanks, in part, to my desire to finish the game with one shot from the m920 Cain. When i finally hit with that, it was amazing. Definitely the most satisfying final shot i have ever fired in a video game. "
    i'm definitely gonna try that.
    for now i'm still struggling on at the collector ship. it will NOT beat me. 
    thinking about it, i guess it's part of what makes ME2 so good. it's a rare thing for a game to make something so impossibly difficult and keep you coming back for more...
    MrBlack61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MrBlack61

What's hard about it is that enemies don't just do more damage and have more health. They are Much smarter. Your teammates on the other hand, are not. You find that out very early in a Very bad way. I just finished the game on insanity myself, internet high-five OP!...Nice!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By GunstarRed

I am at the final boss now with a  level 30 Vanguard and Miranda/grunt as my team (damn you mordin for dying!!!!0 and I have gotten through much of the game with relative ease. A lot of it is just knowing how to spend your money on upgrades and what missions to do in what order. A lot of the new DLC is easy so thats good for getting a ton of money. 

But now I am at the final boss I Knock about 1/3 of his life off and I just get hugely overwhelmed by collectors... I just cannot beat this damn part. it doesn't even seem as hard as the Garrus mission or the Dead collector ship. why on earth am I finding it so impossible to beat the final boss!!!?
    hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hicks91

i found the last boss easy 
    once again widow sniper rifle is your friend 
    the fact i had 8 x medigel was useful too 
    and hard shields, that upgrade is essential

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sixdemonbag

I just finished my insanity playthrough.  This is only the 2nd game I've S-ranked.   

A tip for those trying to get through the Collector ship.    
    I was playing a Sentinel, so I was always hammering Y to bring up my Tech Armor, which was quickly broken by the Scions.  I reloaded before I got on the ship and re-spec'd my character, took all the points out of overload and put it towards Squad Warp Ammo.  I also gave myself the Lvl 4 Tech Armor that takes less damage before breaking but sends out a stronger shockwave, it also leaves you with 25% shields after a break.  The Scions are going to break your shield with one of those hits regardless of what Tech Armor you have.  The difference is you'll still have some shield left to give you time to throw up a new one, and if you're lucky you'll take some of those Collectors with it.  
    I equipped my entire squad with the Geth Assault Rifle (this was my second playthrough) because it has more shots before you have to reload.   Garrus and Grunt were my squadmates equipped with the Sniper Rifle and Krogan Shotgun respectively.  I immediately send Garrus to the far wall so he's not getting shot at.   I position Grunt next to me, and hit the first wave with my Arc Projector 3 times, leaving 4 shots.  Grunt does his THIS IS SPARTA while I launch Warps to take out the rest.  The next platform comes down and I send Grunt to meet it and fire off another 3 Arc shots, and take out all the collectors before I take out Harbinger so he'll have no one else to control.   Its important to note that I have Heavy Concussive Shots hotkeyed to both of my squadmates so I'm using that to pick off Collectors that are almost dead so I don't have to worry about them any further. 

Now at this point, no matter how well I've done Garrus and Grunt are dead.  Leaving the two Scions to take potshots at me.  This is where it gets tedious, between Warping and my Heavy Pistol I whittle each one's health down to where it takes only one more shot.  The platforms will leave you alone until one of them are dead.  When they're ready I charge the Scion on the stationary platform while throwing a warp, he's dead before I get there, I immediately turn around and shoot the Scion on the moving platform.  When my tech has cooled off I hit my Medi-gel to revive both of my teammates and pick up the Heavy Weapon Ammo next to me.  Now when the platform lands they're in the middle of a crossfire, since I just picked up some more Arc ammo, I put it to good use and kill all the Collectors minus Harbinger which is too interested in killing my bait to notice all his boys are dead and I have my pistol aimed at the back of his head.  

I hope this helps and I can't wait for ME3 now.
    sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sixdemonbag
    @marioncobretti:
    I hid behind the cover because the Reaper can't really hurt you from there.  Equip Grunt with his Shotgun, Miranda with the Pistol and keep in mind that slowfiring weapons tear through armor and barriers.  Hotkey Heavy Concussive Shot and Heavy Warp.  CS to take out Collectors, HW to knock out Barriers and Armor.  I just used Collector Laser to take out the Reaper, and Ammo wasn't a problem since Harbingers drop it.  

Good luck
    eccelex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By eccelex

DONE!
    thanks everyone for your help. i actually did a little involuntary dance after i got past the first bunch of collectors. then i realised i had a whole level to get through... but i got through that without too much trouble. i'd take a praetorian over a hoard of collectors any day. and heavy charge really helped skip past all the husks at the end (those little fuckers).

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By mikemcn

That new arc projector makes killing ghouls so much easier on insanity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.