Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Mass Effect going into 3 *SPOILERS*

• 60 results
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By KowalskiManDown

I have two things for us all to ponder regarding Mass Effect 3. Both questions are open to debate, and of course, I will share my views on each of them.

Should there be NEW romance options in ME3?

This is something I have been thinking about alot. Keep in mind BioWare have specifically stated this will be a trilogy, and low and behold... we are now awaiting the final installment. So surely at this point in Shepards story... he/she would be tying up loose ends rather than creating new distractions. It makes sense that the surviving love interest from ME1 (whether that be Kaidan, Ashley or Liara) would figure more into the third installment, and it will be interesting to see how they approach any relationships from the second game (considering any number of characters could be dead, and also the fact you can cheat on your partner from the first game).

Who will be the main party in ME3?

Another almost impossible question to really answer, but it is definately worthy of debate. Again, to me, it wouldn't make alot of sense for Shepard to make a squad comprising of new characters. At this point you'd expect him/her to stick with people he/she can trust. But there's also a (very rare) possibility that everyone but Liara and Ashley/Kaidan are still alive at this point. I'm sure Shepard will return in the third game, but who will BioWare bring along with him/her? It just seems too far-fetched to think that BioWare would really have the time and resources to include a fully flexible squad depending on who lived and who died in previous games.  

• I want to be clear too: for these questions I am not asking what your preferred squad/romance would be, I'm asking what you think the squad/romance WILL be. 
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I have two things for us all to ponder regarding Mass Effect 3. Both questions are open to debate, and of course, I will share my views on each of them.

This is something I have been thinking about alot. Keep in mind BioWare have specifically stated this will be a trilogy, and low and behold... we are now awaiting the final installment. So surely at this point in Shepards story... he/she would be tying up loose ends rather than creating new distractions. It makes sense that the surviving love interest from ME1 (whether that be Kaidan, Ashley or Liara) would figure more into the third installment, and it will be interesting to see how they approach any relationships from the second game (considering any number of characters could be dead, and also the fact you can cheat on your partner from the first game).

Another almost impossible question to really answer, but it is definately worthy of debate. Again, to me, it wouldn't make alot of sense for Shepard to make a squad comprising of new characters. At this point you'd expect him/her to stick with people he/she can trust. But there's also a (very rare) possibility that everyone but Liara and Ashley/Kaidan are still alive at this point. I'm sure Shepard will return in the third game, but who will BioWare bring along with him/her? It just seems too far-fetched to think that BioWare would really have the time and resources to include a fully flexible squad depending on who lived and who died in previous games.  

• I want to be clear too: for these questions I am not asking what your preferred squad/romance would be, I'm asking what you think the squad/romance WILL be. 
    DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DTKT

I would just be a little tired of reconstructing my character party from the start again. It would feel cheap and kind of dumb.

I mean, it made some sense in ME2 where you were gone for 2 years, but it would feel cheap to pull to same trick on us. I feel what makes ME2 great is that you see some of your old squad members. AS long as Tali, Garrus Thane are in ME3, I'll be happy. And please no new romance options, what about fleshing out the first 4?

KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @DTKT: Absolutely. I really do hope they don't pull the same trick again... that'd really break the series for me. I'm definately all for Garrus and Tali returning!
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NoXious

When they say "Your choices can have dire ramifications" in Mass Effect 3 I always think, would they punish Paragon and/or Renegade?

That just makes me go "Naaaaah!" and think of an aspect of the game that's not affected by choosing either good or bad!

Party members! You recruit em, make em loyal (through either Paragon or Renegade actions) and are expected to keep them alive. 

My guess is that you start with the party you recruited in Mass Effect 2 and maybe get a few new additions, but that's how the choices you make can have dire ramifications.

Make bad choices and get your crew/squad members killed -> bad Mass Effect 3 ending because you're missing a few dudes.

Still a Theory-In-Progress though, we'll see - I am psyched about Mass Effect 3 already. The whole Import A Save feature is setting proper standards in story driven games :-/

zkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zkillz

i think instead of building a party you will be building an army ala dragon age

if you think about it ME2 started building up alot of the races as a unit that you had a relationship:

- made decisions about geth with leigion

- made decisions about quarrians with tali

- made decision about racchni in me1

these things indicate to me at least that your relationship with particular factions will influence who you have to fight with you against the reapers, or at least who trusts you enough to prepare for the incoming reaper invasion. 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269
    @zkillz: I can definitely see that happening. They will most likely keep your old squad and maybe introduce some new faces but you will end visiting alien homeworlds and convincing their government to join the fight against the Reapers.
    bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By bibledoctor
    @creamypies: I'm sure there will be some new romance option. There will likely be some new companions available and I could see them having some new romances in the final installment. Maybe three, maybe less, but I don't think they will eliminate a fresh romance option all together (they might make it effect the ending in some way though, a romance that has spanned through the whole franchise would have a different and more thought out ending than one that came to be in the last installment).  As for bringing back the classic team in the final installment. I think they will bring back two characters, Liara and Kaidan/Ashley. Liara is the only character who cannot die in the series yet and the majority of people who played through the first installment picked Ashley/Kaidan as an LI.  

@zkillz: I was thinking this half way through meeting all my old teammates in ME2. The choices you've made so far will definitely effect the last game somehow, and it would only make sense that it would effect the final battle against the reapers somehow. And having played Dragon Age quite a bit, I could see how this could play into ME beautifully. Here's to hoping thats how things go down.
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @zkillz: Yeah I definately started noticing this while playing through it. I guess even the human Reaper will be a big part of that too (depending on if you kept it, which I didn't).
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm going to guess a Dragon Age-esque format for ME3, where Commander Shepard has to unite warring factions in order to deal with the real threat: The Reapers. I'm going to guess: Geth vs Quarians and Krogan vs. Rachni as some of the more obvious ones.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Andorski
    @Afroman269 said:
    " @zkillz: I can definitely see that happening. They will most likely keep your old squad and maybe introduce some new faces but you will end visiting alien homeworlds and convincing their government to join the fight against the Reapers. "
    That is what I'm thinking (or should I say, wishing).

The whole concept of the Mass Effect series centers around making choices that has people view you in different ways.  The first two games seem to set-up how entire species views Shepard.  ME1 had you deal with humans (with Shepard being part of the alliance), turians, asari, and salarians (i.e. The Council races, which you chose to kill or not).  ME2 has you dealing with the Krogan (e.g. if you kept Wrex alive in ME1, than the whole Urdnot clan has your support), quarians (when visiting the Migrant Fleet for Tali's trial), and the Geth (through Legion and his loyalty mission).

This pretty much sums up all the major species in this universe.  Having ME3 be about Shepard calling to all species for their help against the reapers would be freakin' awesome.
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By immike

I would hope for the squad members in this game to return in the last game as well as the romance options. Adding a squadmate or romance option is alright (as long as it's just 1 or 2), but then it doesn't feel like a continuous adventure. 

DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DTKT

What about Earth! I mean, you are going to try to get the Alliance to join in with the rest of the galaxy. It would be awesome to explore the future Earth and maybe Mars too!

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @creamypies said:
    It just seems too far-fetched to think that BioWare would really have the time and resources to include a fully flexible squad depending on who lived and who died in previous games. 
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's also interesting that Bioware has been on record saying that ME3 will have a longer turnover time than ME2. Maybe they're using that extra time to work in those possibilities? Who knows. It may not be likely, but I wouldn't exactly put it past them. 

Also, let's say you're right and assume that potentially dead characters won't return as playable characters for the next sequel, that'd mean Kaidan and Ashley would be erased from contention as well.  So really, the only love interest that remains through it all is Liara...and since I believe the Shadow Broker will play a big part in the third installment, I'm willing to bet Liara comes back in a big way...possibly even as a playable character.
    vedicardi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vedicardi

they will let you have ME1 and ME2 characters in your party because it will be the end of the trilogy.  The only reason they kept some out is because they wanted to be 100% sure they didn't die.

KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @MushroomSamba:  I'm pretty confident Kaiden/Ashley will be party members. We're only talking about two characters that they have to account for, whereas if they treated the characters from the second game in the same way, they then have a huge task on their hands (which I honestly can't see them doing).

We'll see. I'd never fully bet against BioWare, but I really think they've dug themselves a pretty large hole that'll take some serious work to climb out of.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6091fd83bf847
    deactivated-6091fd83bf847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see it playing out something like this: In the time between ME2 and ME3, most of your team will have dispersed and gone home or wherever now that the Omega 4 mission they were hired for is over. The game will be structured similarly to ME2 in that it'll mostly be about recruiting again, only this time you'll be recruiting entire races. Recruiting each race will be a separate mission, and for each of those missions there will be a corresponding ME2 squad member who, if he/she survived, can help you convince their race to join whatever plan Shephard has to combat the Reapers. Thane could help you with the Krell and Hanar, Mordin with the Salarians, Samara with the Asari, etc... 

Basically they'll be relegated to optional cameos much like Wrex was in ME2, compartmentalized to their own planets, more fan service than integral parts to the overall plot. If they didn't survive, some new characters will take their places. Hopefully you can retain at least a few of your party members from ME2, particulary Tali, Garrus, and Legion. At the very least maybe they could be guest party members for relevant missions if they survived ME2.  

I do have a feeling Liara will be back in your party. Early in the game you'll have to rescue her from the Shadow Broker because he's frozen her in carbonite or something. Afterwards she'll give you all the information she discovered that'll help get the ball rolling in ME3. Information like -- the Shadow Broker works for the Reapers and that their plans involve dark energy/dying suns.

KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @Luccaface: Hmm interesting thoughts on the Shadow Broker. Makes you wonder actually. Nobody has ever met him/her. Could the Shadow Broker in fact be Harbinger or some form of advanced AI network?
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By rjayb89

I'm willing to bet that Legion and his geth buddies will be aiding you in some way in ME3.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Whitestripes09

I could see, Kaiden/Ashley being a squad mate or even your right hand man or woman. Favorites like Tali, Garrus and Thane might make a come back or made into camoes like Wrex. I have no clue what to think about Tali though, If she wasn't exhiled it seems she should stay on the Normandy for awhile since her own name has Normandy in it now, but it also hinted at her maybe commanding or being an admiral in the migrant fleet. Garrus... I dont even know what to think about him, he kinda doesn't have anywhere else to go unless he would go back to being arch angle and shooting up thugs, but how would that contribute to the rest of the ME 3? Thane well it seems he might die or go to spend what ever remaining time he has left with his son. Jack, she's also another I dont know about where is she going to go? She has like no purpose outside the Normandy. Mordin will most likely research about the genophage and decide to cure the krogans or not. Grunt will go  to Urdnot. Legion will go back to the rest of the Geth were we will most likely go back to talk to him. Samara could help us after all she did say she would come and help us if we ever needed help. I'd also like to romance Samara instead of Liara =]. Jacob and Miranda will quit Cerberus/

Avatar image for deactivated-6091fd83bf847
    deactivated-6091fd83bf847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@creamypies: I felt like they were hinting that the Shadow Broker may also be Miranda's dad.  Details for both are very scant, and if he is also working for the Reapers then his interest in genetically engineering a perfect human ties in pretty nicely.  One of his henchmen during her loyalty mission refers to him as "the richest man in the galaxy", too.
    Jiquk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jiquk

I would love Wrex to join the party in Mass 3 it would be awesome.  
    Wrex:*Shepard*

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RedRoach
    @creamypies said:
    "

"
    I think the first two games were there to introduce the characters and to give you a chance o setup  your own universe with your own actions. the 3rd game will be the climax. I strongly believe your squad mates from the first 2 will return. But at this point there are so many variables, Wrex, rachni, council, who died in your suicide mission etc.  I know that it will be extremely difficult to have only old squad members considering the variables but i feel it is a necessity. The first 2 games have a contained threat, the geth are dealt with at the end of the first, as well as the collectors in the second. The reaper threat doesn't progress very much. Because of this i think the main point of the first two games was to introduce characters. the third instalment will have shepard gathering up all his old friends for the war against the reapers. It would really suck if there was an entire new cast. we know one thing for sure: it will be a bitch to program. sorry if this was hard to read, it's hard to explain this.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xyzygy

I definitely want to see the Rachni come on board and help us fight the Reapers. On my imported save game, When I was in Ilium, an Asari who the Queen was using as her voice talked to me and told me she was very grateful, and that she is in our debt. 

Yeah! Rachni on our side!!

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kazona

After listening to the HotSpot some time back, which had an interview with Casey Hudson, I'm positive that the love interest of ME1 will make a return.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Demyx

I think with the whole "anyone can die" really bothers me since it really lowers any chance of my favorite characters returning to be in my party (Tali). So, I really hope that Bioware is able to somehow incorporate all of the different events that might've happened and who could've died.

KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @Demyx said:
    " I think with the whole "anyone can die" really bothers me since it really lowers any chance of my favorite characters returning to be in my party (Tali). So, I really hope that Bioware is able to somehow incorporate all of the different events that might've happened and who could've died. "
    Well that's my hope too. In an ideal world, your save file will dictate exactly who is in your squad still... but that almost seems too good to be true. What with the different variables, and the fact that they'll still wanna be drawing in new players.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Given how they dealt with ME1->ME2 I wouldn't expect a deep personalization system - a few of the choices you make aren't really your own:
    - The Human Ambassador: No matter who you pick in ME1 your choice during the interview in ME2 decides who it is.
    - Conrad Verner: If you kill him in the first game he won't appear in the second; no matter how you deal with him in ME1 he will always say that you stuck a gun in his face when you meet him in ME2 (I told him to go back home to his wife, and he still told me that shoving a gun in his face showed him how the universe worked)  
     -Sole Survivor: I honestly thought this would tie a bit more into things with Cerberus but NEVER came up. (In ME1 picking the Sole Survivor Origin leads you to information that proves Cerberus was behind the Thresher Maw Attack on Akuze - yet Shepard never asks or comments about it, despite being the defining moment in her career pre-Saren). 

It seems that Bioware has their own canon endings for quests (depends on Paragon or Renegade choices) and doesn't really leave it up to what you did exactly - which is why I don't think who lived and who died will directly affect your squad - they'll likely have picked out fates for most of them and run with it (like Garrus in ME2, he clearly went Renegade even if you tried to make him see the error of his ways during the Dr. Saleon quest in ME1).

KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @SteamPunkJin: While I agree with you, let's also be clear that they've never quite broken the fiction. The examples you gave are not life or death situations; like Wrex for example, if you saved him... he's there. If not, he ain't there. Therefore to choose a squad and role with it for ME3, ignoring the deaths that occured for some players in the second game, would completely break the fiction. Which I'm not convinced BioWare would go as far to do.

Hence why I have a distinct worry about how they are gonna go about squad selection for the third game.
    aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By aaox

But what about the Reaper fleet? What about the massive reaper fleet? Dear sweet loving Ben and Jerry's.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I would be crushed if Miranda doesn't return (or does a quickie cameo in my story like Ashley did here). CRUSHED!

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Demyx

Maybe there will be new crew members for every person that died. So if no one dies, they all stick with you through all of ME3, but if they all die or even if some of them die they get replaced by new characters (who are hopefully fleshed out as soon as you meet them so they aren't forgotten)?

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 29

#32  Edited By fistfulofmetal

Tali and Garrus are the only two that will most definitely be in ME3

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Red
    @SteamPunkJin: I actually got an e-mail from the guy who I talked out of killing the Cerberus scientist from the first game. Didn't actually end up with any sidequest or anything, but maybe it'll be in 3. 

It was mentioned before, but I think that the majority of ME2 will be spent gathering races into fighting the Reapers. 

In other words: I predict you'll be able to go to Wrex, tell him "Yo, man, I need the Krogan help" and then have him siege those Reaper ships with ya at the end of the game.
    jlanzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jlanzer

okay call me crazy, but i'm going off the idea of shepherd losing 2 years in between me1 and me2... What if, now bear with me, they pull a generation gap.  They take all the decisions you made in the first two and they let them fester for let's say 25-30 years.  enough time for one, or both, of your love interest to have a brand new shepherd.  This would solve the recruiting new party members because all the old ones would be dead or too old except for the asari and krogan.  Also the decisions could leave the child certain influence or hardship when recruiting the other alien races to combat the reapers.  Mass effect spans a lot of space, but hasn't really spanned too far in the time frame of everything.  That and it must take some significant amount of time for inter-galactic travel, even for the reapers.  this is all specualtion and partly a dream, but hey sounds cool to me.

As for the relationships i did hear that there would be consequences for cheating.  no juicy details, but i really don't want a soap opera mass effect, although a cat fight would be haut.

KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @jlanzer: They can't do that. There's a fleet of reapers on their way at the end of ME2. The third game has to pick up right from where we left off.
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By haggis

I imagine the group available for ME3 would be a mix from 1 and 2, mostly the favorite characters. Tali, Wrex, Garrus, Liara, Mordin, Legion, Miranda, Thane. Of course, we're still trying to figure out who the really popular ones from ME2 really are. And some might only be NPCs, and some may end up dying.

Part of it depends on what the story is. I'm expecting to visit Tuchanka again, and I'm hoping a shot at the Quarian home world. I'd like Liara back in the game, and like others here, I'm suspecting that Miranda's father is the Shadow Broker. If so, Liara might play a role in that, since she works for him. Legion should play a role, as we'll need to (I'm hoping) recruit the Geth (along with the Krogan) in the final fight against the Reapers and Harbinger. But whether these are team-characters, or only appearing for brief moments is a difficult question. Like others have said, I can see teaming up with Grunt and Wrex to unite the Krogan clans, and with Tali and Legion to either deal with or recruit the Geth. Perhaps they'll appear only for those missions.

I do get the sense, though, that the cast of characters is almost too large. I didn't get to play much of the game with Mordin, for instance, and Legion comes in right at the ass-end of the game. Unless they want to give use twenty possible teammates, this will be difficult. Or, perhaps, they'll expand from having a three man team to a four man team ... nah. That'll never happen.

I like the idea of rescuing Liara again :)

KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @haggis:  I feel like the love interests from both games will probably be back for the third game, especially seeing as BioWare have talked alot about the repercussions you'll face for cheating on your original partner (and how would they find out if the love interest from the second game isn't there to tell them?) So that would give us Ashley/Kaiden, Liara, Miranda, Jacob, Tali, Garrus, Jack and Thane (most of those appear to be fan favourites too). Legion is a Geth, so even if he got shot up at the end of someones game... it's plausible for him to be repaired in some way.

I do hope Mordin is in ME3 though, he was such a great character. You should've used him more dude, his ice and fire attacks are deadly!
    jlanzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jlanzer
    @creamypies: let me quote myself here "it must take some significant amount of time for inter-galactic travel, even for the reapers." The game ended by showing the reapers still outside the milky way galaxy.  There was no specified distance, but one could argue it could take many a year to travel the remaining distance.  also it could be considered a preview for the next game were it ignores the time in between the destruction of the collectors ship to the view of the reaper ships.  and really does the game have to start up right after the 2nd one ended. cause they didn't do that from the first to the second where it seemed obvious they could (i'm talking about the 2 year gap not the destruction of the first normandy as the starting point to the 2nd game).  you may recall shepherd looking intently in the distance at the end as well but when the view of the reaper ships come up the normandy is nowhere to be seen. so please before you totally disregard my little fantasy about the next game try a little harder to make your point.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#39  Edited By Yummylee

I've been thinking that myself, just so many possibilities with will go over to the final ME chapter. With BioWare stating that decisions from the first game will still alter what happens in the third too...I dunno it makes my head spin trying to wander just wtf they have in mind. There'll probably be maybe one or two new characters added, but overall it might work with Sheperd recruiting whoevers left from all the teams he's had. Maybe Anderson himself might now finally join up with you ;P
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @jlanzer:  If the Reapers are the most advanced species in the universe... it ain't gonna take them 1 or 2 years to travel to places. I'm not saying you're wrong... I would just be pretty pissed if BioWare went down that road.

@Abyssfull: DUDE YES!
    void1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By void1234

I think that they will definitely bring back kaiden/ashley though their role may be small because of the choosing who died thing. Romances will definitely have a big impact especially if you cheated on a love interest and i think that their will be new characters with love interests. I hope that they bring back at least the favorites of ME2 like Garrus, Tali, Thane and legion and maybe jacob or miranda depending on how you dealt with cerberus. I don't see the DLC Zaeed coming back because of his very small role and the fact that a lot of people may not have downloaded him. It is quite possible thane died during the gap between ME2 and ME3. I also agree that you will be recruiting entire nations to help you instead of new characters but there should be a few new faces on board. My bet is that they add in some new races like the small darth vader like dudes or maybe an entirely new race though I expect to see another turian and human.

Katloudobcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Katloudobcat

I would like for Kaidan to come back into it, i've stayed faithful and i'm hoping that'll they do something decent with it.
    Cristofyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cristofyr

It's really hard to say which characters would be coming back in ME3. A lot of it depends on the individual player and who died during the Suicide Mission. I think though, that ME3 will likely involve building some sort of grand citadel fleet to combat the Reapers and that how you have treated certain squadmates over the course of the last couple of games will make an impact on what happens. If I had to guess, I would think that BioWare's "canon" Shepard would include some combination of the following:

Kaiden/Ashely - depending on who survived ME1
    Wrex/Grunt - depending on if Wrex survived ME1 or maybe just because I want Wrex back in my squad (Please Bioware? Pretty please with a cherry on top?)
    Liara
    Tali/Legion - one or both depending on how they decided the whole quarian vs. geth thing would shake out canon wise.
    Garrus
    Mordin 

I could be happy with that. Personally I wouldn't mind a few less companions in ME3, since I never really felt as attached to the ones In ME2 other than Garrus and Tali.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#44  Edited By rjayb89

I'm willing to bet that Ms. Chakwas will be up for grabs.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#45  Edited By Undeadpool

I think you're going to have to choose between your romance from ME1 or 2 if you went that route (at least I hope so...there'd better not be any crap about them deciding for you...). As for the party, it'll probably be a mash-up of whoever survived the suicide mission plus people from the first game. In fact, they could even use people from the first game to fill the gap (IE: You lost Grunt, Wrex joins you, etc).

MH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MH

Just my thoughts on whats been discussed so far: 

I dont  see kaiden/ashely coming back, more likely they will resist whatever you wish to do, the end scene on horizon kinda put an end to any relationship there. 

i do believe the shadow broker will play a big role, just a thought but can anyone see the consort being the shadow broker? 

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RedneckedCrake
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " I'm going to guess a Dragon Age-esque format for ME3, where Commander Shepard has to unite warring factions in order to deal with the real threat: The Reapers. I'm going to guess: Geth vs Quarians and Krogan vs. Rachni as some of the more obvious ones. "
    I'm thinking much the same thing. 

You'll probably have the option to unite both your surviving squad members from ME1 and your surviving squad members from ME2 on one ship and into your party. I also think the romance options will not only be with squad members, but with normal crew members (like Kelly Chambers) and maybe even people you meet on different planets. Bioware is probably gonna really flesh out that aspect of the game, the relationship and the friendship aspects. I kept wanting the friendships between MaleShep and characters like Thane and Garrus to be more fleshed out, like a manly bromance. 

Anyway, when it comes to the overall plot, Shep will probably try to unite everyone against the Reapers. It just seems like no one in the galaxy trusts anyone else, so that will be a main theme. I also think Shepard will knock some sense into the council, or finally barge into Alliance command and tell those morons to quit fucking the dog and join in the fight.
    laalipop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By laalipop

Kill Jacob, give me Wrex back, and let me walk in on Liara and Miranda and I'll be happy.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
    dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dancinginfernal
    @laalipop said:
    "Kill Jacob, give me Wrex back, and let me walk in on Liara and Miranda and I'll be happy. "

This is the best idea, ever. 

It could only be better if Wrex had a clone and they talked simultaneously. *Echo* "Shepard."
    RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RedneckedCrake
    @dancinginfernal said:
    " @laalipop said:
    "Kill Jacob, give me Wrex back, and let me walk in on Liara and Miranda and I'll be happy. "
    This is the best idea, ever.  It could only be better if Wrex had a clone and they talked simultaneously. *Echo* "Shepard." "
    In addition to that, Grunt would still be on your team. So you could bring two Krogans into battle with you and just completely fuck the shit out of shit. 

Then afterwards Liara circle jerks all of you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.