Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

So Is There Gonna Be A "GOTY" Edition?

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MarkWahlberg

So there's basically a shitload of DLC for ME2 at this point, and as someone who hasn't gotten around to actually playing it yet - uncultured swine that I am - I was wondering if anyone has heard about plans to release an updated disc version that includes at least the major DLC packs. That's kind of standard for this sort of game at this point, I think, so I would assume it's going to happen, but you never know...

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By tobygw

Probably. The one coming out for the PS3 comes with all the DLC though.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Shabs

I bet there will be one to coincide with the PS3 version release. 

They probably aren't mentioning anything right now because they are selling Shadow Broker DLC and don't want to cut down those sales.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

There certainly deserves to be.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Edwardryu

yes. the game already won in golden joystick award UK this year. mass effect 2 was two winners for the year of RPG, the ultimate game of the year as well. so it's 100% sure. so if we will get GOTY, we will get all of DLC. but we have to wait for releasing mass effect 3. then mass effect 2 will be done.

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By THRICE

Whats the point of a GOTY edition? The game can be found for $20 new and the DLC is relatively cheap as far as DLC is concerned. It'd be more cost effective to just buy the game and DLC piece meal. Not every game regardless of how amazingly awesome needs a Fallout 3 style GOTY edition.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvilTwin
    @THRICE said:
    " Whats the point of a GOTY edition? The game can be found for $20 new and the DLC is relatively cheap as far as DLC is concerned. It'd be more cost effective to just buy the game and DLC piece meal. Not every game regardless of how amazingly awesome needs a Fallout 3 style GOTY edition. "
    I, for one, like to be able to have all the DLC on a disk so I can install and uninstall it at my leisure.  Otherwise, if you ever want to get a new 360 you have to go through all of the bullshit of transferring licenses and re-downloading it.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dany

If anything it would be released along side mass effect for ps3

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By General_D23
    @Dany said:
    " If anything it would be released along side mass effect for ps3 "
    They've already said they will continue DLC post-PS3 release, likely the reason they haven't put anything out since Shadow Broker, so they wouldn't have to include it in the PS3 version.

Anyway, I'd think an Ultimate Edition or whatever, if it were coming, would be out by late next year at the latest. It depends on how long the DLC cycle continues, I guess.
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They'll probably do something after all is said and done. As it stands now, an  Ultimate Edition isn't really necessary. There just isn't enough DLC out to warrant an  Ultimate Edition, Dragon Age had an  Ultimate Edition because it had 5+ DLC. If they release those other two ME2 to 3 DLC's then a Mass Effect 2: The  Ultimate Edition or Mass Effect 2 Game of the Year Edition would be good.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Jeust

Mark, you can bet your ass on it! 

Talon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Talon64

It seems like an inevitability. I haven't bought any of the DLC yet so I'll be waiting for that to come out.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Ferginator4k
    @Shuborno said:
    " I bet there will be one to coincide with the PS3 version release.    

This.
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By ReyGitano

I don't see why not.  
    I don't want to think about all the money I've spent on DLC for this game... I've brought everything. 
    Still worth it though, and I want more!

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By jasta

More than likely. I still find hard knowing we will see another Christmas before Mass Effect 3 comes out. 

Sigh.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wuddel

Still only like 20% in the first game. So I am holding out for the GOTY-Editon.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shabs
    @Wuddel said:
    " Still only like 20% in the first game. So I am holding out for the GOTY-Editon. "
    If you already own it, just play through. The DLC works fine after you finish the game.  I beat the game before any DLC was out and I still enjoyed all the additional content just fine. Multiple playthroughs are also still fun in this game.
    02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 02sfraser

I think once they release the PS3 version with all the DLC they might re-release the 360 version with the same sort of treatment.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Edwardryu

mass effect 2 already won lots of awards this year. so it's already GOTY. then I also saw VGA spike game award which will be taken place on Dec. 11th. ME 2 is already dominated for most parts. I think ME 2 is not just GOTY. it  is Ultimate platinum of the year. halo reach is not even closed.  

by the way, I checked schedule for next year gamecon 2011. it will be march. possibly Bioware will introduce mass effect 3 at that time. 2011 will be a big year for PC gamers. we will be happy enough.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By shadows_kill

yes its the ps3 version content wise. they will probably release a bundle later for 360 or more likely through steam for pc.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mordukai

Doesn't it first have to chosen as GOTY by at least one media outlet before coming out with a GOTY edition???  

I am guessing there will be some sort of a version that will include some or all the DLC for ME2 at some point in the future but I am almost sure you won't see it before the end of the year. In all likelihood it will come out with or after the PS3 version. The other option will be that a Deluxe edition will come out before this new Bioware game in order to use it as PR. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.