New Multiplayer DLC April 10th

• 63 results
#1 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Free Multiplayer DLC update is coming out next week.

It includes 6 new classes, at least 3 new weapons and new maps.

These are actually the items confirmed in a previous leak - Geth Infiltrators and Engineers, Batarian Soldiers and Sentinels, Krogan Vanguard and Asari Adept-Justicar.

I personally cannot wait to get my hands on a Geth class (that shock AoE looks like their Heavy Melee, and they have the Quarian bunny-hop dodge), and new maps will be a very welcome change of pace. The Batarian OmniTool also looks different from the ones we've seen so far, which is pretty cool. And last but not least the new Krogan finally has a helmet!

#2 Posted by Aetheldod (3511 posts) -

Why you steal my thunder??? :(

... yeah im pretty stocked too , cant wait to try out the Krogan Vanguard and the asari jusicar ... wish she was vanguard too you know :P

#3 Posted by Rabid619 (1091 posts) -

This looks incredible, I'm way more excited than I have any right to be for this. Can't wait to give the Krogan Vanguard a shot, and looking forward to using the Geth finally. Hooray!

#4 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Damn I'm going to have to get back into the multiplayer.

#5 Edited by N7 (3573 posts) -

The video is not available anymore. :(

But if it's true, that sounds FLIPPING BANANAS. Have you ever seen a banana flip? Ballsing awesome.

EDIT: JUST SAW THE TRAILER. HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKED AWESOME.

#6 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Yeah this is great. Krogan Vangaurd will be and unstoppable melee machine.

#7 Edited by Melvargh (489 posts) -

So, multiplayer DLC before a face import fix?

My lady Shepard is not pleased.

#8 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

This is pretty cool, I'm sure the net will find something to bitch about though.

#9 Posted by DrFlapjack (233 posts) -

Oh yes! Finally get to be Geth and on top of that it's free. Good timing because it was getting slightly stale.

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Free? Color me surprised.

Batarians rock!

#11 Posted by boj4ngles (287 posts) -

Thank the Re-Take people for making the DLC free

#12 Edited by Wiseblood (634 posts) -

Krogan Vanguard?!  KROGAN VANGUARD?!

#13 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Would say that it's good that dlc is coming out for this but consider I've never gone to mass effect series for multiplayer action, I doubt I'll do much more with the multiplayer in this game once I finish the story. Also if they are doing a set amount of dlc packages for this game like they did with ME2, to have one or more for the multiplayer isn't going to keep interested over taking a team from the multiplayer & putting that as side mission dlc stuff for the single player storyline for those who finished ME3.

#14 Edited by EXTomar (4500 posts) -

@Melvargh said:

So, multiplayer DLC before a face import fix?

My lady Shepard is not pleased.

That isn't that surprising when you think of the production time lines. These characters and maps where being worked on months ago where I doubt even the ending crapfest changed the schedule much. The face fix is something that wasn't planned so it will get patched in at an undetermined date.

#15 Posted by sate2801 (344 posts) -

wait...ain't the asari adept a jusicar already?

I though one of her skill says Justicar or something...

#16 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@boj4ngles said:

Thank the Re-Take people for making the DLC free

You really have no idea if they had any effect at all.

Of course right now its easy to say "Ha its free! We got them to do it!", but you have no idea what they planned. It is being released a month after the game came out, chances are it was planned months ago and probably finished before the game was released.

#17 Posted by Undeadpool (4909 posts) -

Damn EA for nickel-and-diming us with this bullshit multiplayer DLC-what? Free?...DAMN EA FOR RELEASING THIS MEDIOCRE, UNNECESSARY DLC!!!!

Also happy to be in before "Meh, don't care about the totally fun, perfectly acceptable multiplayer... so why'd I even bother commenting on this story in the first place...oh God...MY LIFE!!!"

#18 Posted by Bulby33 (549 posts) -

I'm super psyched for this. Very excited.

#19 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Green Red and Blue

hmm...

#20 Edited by boj4ngles (287 posts) -

@Cataphract1014: The entire MP game is a micro-transaction based add on. The industry standard is for new maps, and new guns to always mean more money from the consumer. In ME2, players were paying for singleplayer guns. Now EA suddenly reverses this policy and is giving us the stuff for free? I don't think it's out of charity. They know there is a PR problem and this is a way to sideline critics.

"Res Ipsa Loquitur" - the thing speaks for itself

Edit: and yes I know it was developed months ago, I'm not saying that player outrage got them to develop and release a multiplayer add on in less than a month, I'm saying that it got them to release a pre-developed product for free when it was not originally planned to be free

#21 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Good shit.

#22 Posted by brownsfantb (389 posts) -

Finally I can have some alien characters to use. Those stupid Spectre packs have yet to give me one. (I've only bought two, but still. That's the whole reason I want to play the multiplayer.)

#23 Posted by Boboblaw (272 posts) -

Classes look great and its nice to finally have some more maps.

Being free is also pretty fucking sweet.

#24 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -
@Dany: Looks victorious and uplifting to me!

In all seriousness, Bioware has always shown great humility when it comes to things they do. If they can't laugh at themselves, the world is doomed.

I'm just hyped to play as a Batarian. I will name him: Dahn-Hee Gluv-Nor. "I was on the force for 30 years and was one day away from retirement. That's when I saw most of my civilization wiped out by the Mass Relay. I'm too old for this shit."
#25 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I want to play as a Hanar Vanguard :( Boo!

#26 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

NOPE

#27 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

@boj4ngles said:

*snip*

Edit: and yes I know it was developed months ago, I'm not saying that player outrage got them to develop and release a multiplayer add on in less than a month, I'm saying that it got them to release a pre-developed product for free when it was not originally planned to be free

Allow me to correct you. This was not developed/completed prior to the game's completion. You don't have to believe me of course, but since I worked on the levels for this pack after the game was released, you are stating incorrect information.

#28 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@boj4ngles said:

@Cataphract1014: The entire MP game is a micro-transaction based add on. The industry standard is for new maps, and new guns to always mean more money from the consumer. In ME2, players were paying for singleplayer guns. Now EA suddenly reverses this policy and is giving us the stuff for free? I don't think it's out of charity. They know there is a PR problem and this is a way to sideline critics.

You still have no idea if it was meant to be released for free or not and neither do I.

They aren't giving us the guns. They will be from the packs that you will be able to buy with real money.

#29 Posted by boj4ngles (287 posts) -

@Sjosz said:

@boj4ngles said:

*snip*

Allow me to correct you. This was not developed/completed prior to the game's completion. You don't have to believe me of course, but since I worked on the levels for this pack after the game was released, you are stating incorrect information.

Can't argue with that. Hope it's good stuff!

#30 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

@boj4ngles: I hope you enjoy the levels. They were a lot of fun to make. :)

#31 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Sweet.

#32 Posted by Bumpton (441 posts) -

Stoked! This looks really awesome. I've been enjoying the hell out of the mp.

#33 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Cool. I stopped playing the MP after I got frustrated by not unlocking any Salarian, Krogan, or Turian classes, but some Geth incentive could definitely bring me back, especially if I'm given new maps.

Question: Will the new weapons and classes be unlocked immediately, or will I need to purchase some packs on the hope of getting them?

#34 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

What no Hanar?

Step it up Bioware.

#35 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

This looks really cool. I love the multiplayer but I'm kind of surprised by how excited I am for this update.

#36 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

cool!

#37 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

So what powers does the Justicar get? Adepts were the most fun I had in MP so seeing another kind is cool. Also the Geth look cool as well but fuck Batarians. Those guys are total assholes.

#38 Posted by DrFlapjack (233 posts) -

@Red: New maps are unlocked right away, the characters, weapons, and equipment will be unlocked through packs.

#39 Posted by justinsimonin (45 posts) -

Ah this is coming at the perfect time. I was just starting to get burned out on the multiplayer, here's hoping they keep these coming. Also those new maps look awesome, for some reason theist visual style reminds me of some old school unreal tournament

#40 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

So what powers does the Justicar get? Adepts were the most fun I had in MP so seeing another kind is cool. Also the Geth look cool as well but fuck Batarians. Those guys are total assholes.

From the video it looked like pull and some sort of AOE barrier was one of them.

#41 Posted by Flaboere (344 posts) -

@DrFlapjack said:

@Red: New maps are unlocked right away, the characters, weapons, and equipment will be unlocked through packs.

Wuhuu, so now we just have to hope to actually GET the new stuff :-P

#42 Posted by OneManX (1680 posts) -

Get to play as Geth..... SOLD~!

Oh wait, it's free.... I'll take two?

#43 Posted by pweidman (2298 posts) -

Awesome news. And just in time as the maps were getting just a bit stale.

Free might be PR I guess, but Bioware has stated several times how pleasantly surprised they are about how big and loyal the mp community is. Especially in response to the W/E challenges. The micros probably factored in as well. Gotta keep people coming back for more.

#44 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

More engineers is always a good thing. Especially when it's a robot.

#45 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

@Dany: That's pretty good!

This looks amazing, I'm all for new MP DLC. Wonder if the weapons are for Singleplayer also?

#46 Posted by StarvingGamer (8007 posts) -

Honestly I'd be more excited about new enemies. Can't wait though. If only they would fix my Operation Raptor packs.

#47 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

@boj4ngles said:

I remember around the games release there were rumors of a free multiplayer pack coming in April with Geth and Batarian characters. I don't think they changed up at the last minute.

#48 Posted by Finscher (145 posts) -

@brownsfantb: Well, guess how you unlock these new races. Or don't, because I think you might not like the answer.

#49 Posted by sate2801 (344 posts) -

sooooooo, time to save credits for moar spectre packs?

#50 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

Krogan Vanguard and Asari Justicar both sound pretty awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.