Send BioWare a message with... cupcakes?

#1 Edited by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

They've tried complaining, they've tried donating, that one guy tried the FTC, now they're trying... cupcakes?

Thats right, in order to show both their love and disapointment with BioWare, fans are going to sent 400 cupcakes to BioWare Edmonton. There will be 3 different cupcakes, red, blue, and green, with the letters A, B, and C on them. Anyone who donates towards the cupcakes gets to include their own personal message (It has to be polite of course).

If your interested you can find out more here http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10658883/1

While I'm a hater on the endings, I have found a lot of the fan's attempts at getting BioWare's attention to be a bit distasteful. But I kind of like this one. Its the right bit of ridiculous. So, I say go for it BioWare fans.

EDIT: Oh, apparently all the cupcakes will taste the exact same. That's actually really clever.

#2 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Yeah I'm sure Bioware is going to eat cupcakes from these random strangers. Straight to the bin!

#3 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Yeah, I'm not sending cupcakes to someone I'm not a fan of right now.

#4 Posted by bwheeeler (431 posts) -

Didn't they already win this stupid fucking thing?

#5 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1421 posts) -

Um, can I get people to send me cupcakes if I say I had something to do with the ending? Of course, I didn't, but I totally love cupcakes.

#6 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Yeah I'm sure Bioware is going to eat cupcakes from these random strangers. Straight to the bin!

They aren't making the cupcakes, just ordering them.

#7 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I only send cupcakes to those I love, and even then I dont send cupcakes

#8 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Some people call this passionate, I call it creepy.

#9 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Sooty said:

Cupcakes from grown men aswell.

#10 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Have you ever been so angry at someone you bought them cupcakes?

Me neither.

#11 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I thought the ending was pretty good. Can I get some of those cupcakes?

#12 Posted by N7 (3585 posts) -

I got a buddy who lives near their Studio. Send him some cupcakes, he's dealing with a bad hangover right about now.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I would have liked it better if this was a more organized thing, where each cupcake would be arranged on a grid which, when assembled, would spell the message "What the fuck was with that ending"? (Of course, I've no opinions on the ending myself, but I'd still support this just because of how crazy an idea it is.)

#14 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Sooty said:

Cupcakes from grown men aswell.

Because "grown men" never buy cupcakes.

#15 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3071 posts) -
Seems appropriate.
#16 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Like most ideas on the internet, as an idea it is splendiferously hilarious, but in practise, what the fuckadooily stupid.

#17 Posted by Hailinel (24405 posts) -

This is pretty much the definition of passive-aggressive.

#18 Posted by papercut (3474 posts) -

That's so dickish, but so creative that I will allow it.

#19 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I hope these don't wind up at Valve instead, or Gaben may just die.

#20 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

Yeah I saw this earlier today and while I don't care much for the ending let alone all the talk about it, I quite like the idea of making cupcakes considering I like to bake them a lot...think I'll make some tomorrow...

#21 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

That'll teach them a lesson.

#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11625 posts) -

Bioware fans (of which I am apparently not part of anymore): Get over it. The game has almost been out for a month now. Your burning rage over the ending to a video game has stopped being something I could get behind and started being a farce that basically reveals how terrible most fan communities really are. While I find the passive-aggressive nature of this little stunt to be amusing, people should really move on and start predicting how they'll royally cock up Dragon Age III, even though they already ruined Dragon Age.

#23 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I love the first response followed by a bioware employee, hah

#24 Posted by UlquioKani (1045 posts) -

While this is dumb, I do like cupcakes so I am conflicted. They should just make the ending about cupcakes

#25 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

Ugh...this is now just getting weird.

#26 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I get being passionate, but they really need to stop spending money on shit. The charity was good. This is just getting strange though

#27 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

It's spelled cumcakes.

#28 Posted by pyrodactyl (1975 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

I get being passionate, but they really need to stop spending money on shit. The charity was good. This is just getting strange though

It's much more hilarious than strange you have to admit.

One of Bioware's employee replying ''awesome'' as the second post is the best part though

#29 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2050 posts) -

If they screw up the DLC they might piss people off so much they will get free cake. WATCH OUT BIOWARE

#30 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

it's a video game, get over it. fark how is this still a thing.

#31 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Dear BioWare: Please come to the castle. I've baked some cupcakes for you.
#32 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (330 posts) -

If I was BioWare, I would be a little hesitant to eat cupcakes sent from angry fans.

#33 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

That's... pretty good.

#34 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

I wanted to snarkily ask if they were actually different flavours or just different colours, so fuck you for ruining that for me.

#35 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Wouldn't refusing to purchase Bioware games and DLC be more effective than sending them cupcakes?

#36 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -

BioWare will just have Obsidian eat them to check if they're poisonous.

#37 Posted by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

I thought if anyone was going to make a decision about changing the ending, it was going to be EA.

#38 Edited by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

Poor Bioware.

#39 Posted by Nymphonomicon (97 posts) -

So sweet and tasty...

#40 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -

The best part is people getting mad over other people buying BioWare cupcakes

#41 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

I will probably just save the money for DLC because I like Bioware games.

#42 Posted by predator (350 posts) -

This is where I would make clever ME3 related lyrics for Pinkie Pie's Cupcakes song but I've got nothing.

#43 Posted by Milkman (16663 posts) -

I fucking hate the internet.

#44 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:

Bioware fans (of which I am apparently not part of anymore): Get over it. The game has almost been out for a month now. Your burning rage over the ending to a video game has stopped being something I could get behind and started being a farce that basically reveals how terrible most fan communities really are. While I find the passive-aggressive nature of this little stunt to be amusing, people should really move on and start predicting how they'll royally cock up Dragon Age III, even though they already ruined Dragon Age.

It's the ending to a series of games, not just one.  Be fair.
#45 Posted by Three0neFive (2291 posts) -

Send cupcakes in the hopes of accelerating Hamburger Helper's diabetes, thus killing her and saving Bioware.

Brilliant!

#46 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

Send cupcakes in the hopes of accelerating Hamburger Helper's diabetes, thus killing her and saving Bioware.

Brilliant!

Grow the fuck up.

#47 Posted by Three0neFive (2291 posts) -

@august said:

@Three0neFive said:

Brilliant!

Grow the fuck up.

Lighten the fuck up.

#48 Posted by EToaster (129 posts) -

The blue and green cupcakes will kill you, but only half of the red ones will.

#49 Posted by gregjay24 (31 posts) -

Give us the ending we want Bioware... We have cake

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.