Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Can Lady Sheppard talk to Kaiden without flirting?

wosifat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By wosifat

So, I'm going around the ship talking to the crew.  And I talk to Kaiden, and when I end the conversation, he says he "needs time to process my response, but that he'd love to (or something like that, don't remember the exact quote.)"  But I'm going after Liara and I don't wanna flirt with Kaiden.  I start over from the save and try the conversation again, and it looks like that's the only option available for ending the conversation!  Is there anyway that I can talk to Kaiden without flirting?  If I have to avoid talking to dude, I can live with it...

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nukesniper

You don't need to avoid talking to him, just make sure you talk to Liara more. Go through her whole chat tree. Eventually Kaiden will show that he knows that you are taken. The dialogue is set to kind of flirt no matter what, but you aren't  really doing it even if it sounds that way.  

You may need to ignore some of the options for Kaiden, but you can talk to him about some stuff (things you are curious about or something) and still secure your relationship with Liara.  

Basically, just make it obvious that you like Liara more, and the game will respond accordingly.

wosifat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wosifat

Thanks.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

This annoyed me in the second game too..  regardless of your responses to Jacob and status with other members she always speaks to him in a very flirty tone while leaning against the counter with her legs as far apart as possible.  Should have been an option right off the bat to NOT FLIRT WITH JACOB.

Nothing against him of course, but it's a little ridiculous when you have no intention of following that romance.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Venatio

I played a lady Shepard and got it on with Liara but I still talked to Kaidan alot, I had to be a little rude sometimes to avoid flirting but it worked out just fine

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By penguindust
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    " Even if you do end up flirting with both of them when it comes time you'll be given the choice - I played a game and went after both all the way, later on they'll confront you in the Comm. Room and you'll have to pick Kaiden or Liara - once you make this choice talking to them will not change anything. "
    Ha-ha, I did this too during my first run-through.  I was like "Ah, can't I have you both?"  Sadly, that wasn't an option so I went with Kaiden but, nothing came of that due to later circumstances.  Oh my final run, I went with Liara and that was better for when I played ME2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.