Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Hardcore Achievement

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

I started the game on Hardcore but I think I may have changed the difficulty on Eden Prime once, I'm not sure it was a long time ago, I'm just starting back up again. But before the train part I changed it back too hardcore. It was only on normal for a total of maybe 5 minutes. Will I still be able to get the achievement or should I just restart?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

As long as you were on hardcore before you left Eden Prime and it stayed that way, you're fine.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CL60
    @Bigandtasty said:
    " As long as you were on hardcore before you left Eden Prime and it stayed that way, you're fine. "
    Alright, that's what I thought.
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By sickVisionz

I don't know.  I played the entire game on Hardcore, beat it and didn't get the achievement.  You might not get it.  Achievements in this game are glitchy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sickVisionz said:
    " I don't know.  I played the entire game on Hardcore, beat it and didn't get the achievement.  You might not get it.  Achievements in this game are glitchy. "
    Yeah, I played through the PC version twice on the highest difficulty but it just didn't register. All other achievements worked fine though.
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By SpawnMan

You've only just started, so I'd restart from the beginning just to be safe. I've had achievements like that before where I've done everything seemingly correct only to find out a few weeks later that I'd screwed it up so completely!

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By keyhunter

The achievement is for beating the game on hardcore without changing the difficulty, so I would say "No."

Trojan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Trojan

Yeah I'm guessing you won't get the achievement because you're supposed to play through w/o ever changing the difficulty.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60
    @Trojan said:
    " Yeah I'm guessing you won't get the achievement because you're supposed to play through w/o ever changing the difficulty. "
    I did get the achievement.
    mikesmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikesmith

change difficulty before you land on eden prime, confirmed in bioware forums i believe

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By KowalskiManDown

This game on hardcore was just a pain in the arse.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind

If you were ON Eden Prime, you should star over.  But while you're on the Normandy, about to start the mission you can play around with the difficulity all you like.

@creamypies said:

" This game on hardcore was just a pain in the arse. "
    Hardcore wasn't too bad, it's insanity that's the problem.  Not because it's difficult, just because all of the enemies take so long to kill because of immunity, especially the krogan.  I remember numerous occasions having all three party members firing shotguns in their faces, close range, while they were on the ground, and it still takes forever for them to die.  I'm very happy they made ME2 actually challenging.
    DavidStrauss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By DavidStrauss

well poop. i landed on EP and changed it to Hardcore... ugh

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " If you were ON Eden Prime, you should star over.  But while you're on the Normandy, about to start the mission you can play around with the difficulity all you like.

@creamypies said:
    " This game on hardcore was just a pain in the arse. "
    Hardcore wasn't too bad, it's insanity that's the problem.  Not because it's difficult, just because all of the enemies take so long to kill because of immunity, especially the krogan.  I remember numerous occasions having all three party members firing shotguns in their faces, close range, while they were on the ground, and it still takes forever for them to die.  I'm very happy they made ME2 actually challenging. "
    finished hardcore, not too bad, only problem is im doing it as well as the ally achievs, so it's more of a pain to go around doing everything

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.