Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Should I pay this much?

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dylabaloo

I want to play Mass Effect before 2 comes out and seeing as i'm snowed in where I live now would be a perfect time.......but the only way i can get it is on Xbox games on demand service for 29.99 euros, so my question to you is would you pay this much and should I?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By demonbear

I'm pretty sure you can find it in store for much less. Usually in stores its sold for 20$ us which is what, 15, 10 euros?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Andorski

I love the game, so I say it's worth it.  Getting it on Games on Demand is a bit of a rip-off though.  A new copy of the Platinum Hits version is $20 USD and also comes with the Bring Down The Sky DLC.  The Games on Demand version does not come with any DLC.  Also, stay away from the Pinnacle Station DLC unless you LOVE the combat in the game (which is pretty janky at times, IMO).

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Branthog

Why can you only buy it on XBLA On Demand or whatever? Why not just order it from Amazon or something for $18.99? My original copy was stolen (FUCK!) so I now have to settle for a "hits" version that was $20 a few months ago on Amazon, brand new.

I gave up on two attempted play throughs since the release date and finally just played it (finished it moments ago) and I can't imagine entering Mass Effect 2 without having played the first one. I knew this was a great experience waiting for me to get my ass on it... but god damn, I really had no idea how epic (understatement) it was going to be.

After I got over the initial hurdle that kept me from playing through the first two times, I plowed through it this time in only two days. I sat down and played 35 hours in only two days (17 hours one sitting and 18 hours the second sitting).

I bet you can buy it used for even less than $20.

If you love science fiction. If you love movies. If you love videogames. You have to play this. Without question. Get it today. Play it this week. Roll right into the ME2 release this month.

Robitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Robitt
    @Branthog said:
    My original copy was stolen (FUCK!) so I now have to settle for a "hits" version that was $20 a few months ago on Amazon, brand new.
    That thief at least had good taste!
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By penguindust

How reasonable is your computer?  Steam is selling it for $19.00 which converts to 14.00 €.  Additionally, Game.co.uk sells a brand new "classic" 360 edition for £17.99.  I really think that if you look around even a little bit you can get it for cheaper than the over-priced amount Games on Demand is asking. 

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Branthog
    @Robitt said:
    " @Branthog said:
    My original copy was stolen (FUCK!) so I now have to settle for a "hits" version that was $20 a few months ago on Amazon, brand new.
    That thief at least had good taste! "
    Not really. They stole every game. On all consoles. Plus all three consoles. Plus all the accessories. Plus lots of other electronics and gadgets. Plus the collection of DVDs and blurays. :/ (It all came out to about $20k).
    Robitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Robitt
    @Branthog: Oh dude... That really sucks man. Sorry. Hope you had good insurance. I would've broke down and cried like a little girl I imagine.
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Player1

Ahh.  I really want to play this game too...just know deep down I don't have the time. 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

You need to play this game, no matter what. Although the prices on Steam are more reasonable, and occasionally they gift the game of some wonderful promotions (I got it for 3€). Gotta love Steam. 

Can you get it on the PC?

IceTrey87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By IceTrey87

I bought it like a year ago in a gamestop for 15 US dollars.
    threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By threeve

I bought it on Steam a couple weeks ago for $5.  I bought a used Xbox copy for $10 on half.com

I don't think I would pay $30, but that's just because I know I can get it for less.  But then I've bought it twice now, because I think it's an incredibly good game and worth it.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By essaregee

€ 30 is about $43.50 USD. 
    IMO You are better off going to a [insert european game store] and buting it for €10 or something. 
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By unsolvedparadox

It's often $10 Canadian over here, that price sounds insane...

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By I_smell

I bought it off Play.com the other day for £10.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By GeekDown

You can get it for cheaper but it's still worth the money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.