Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man

Franchise »

The Mega Man (known in Japan as Rockman) franchise covers a large number of action games from the core series and several offshoots, including Mega Man X, Mega Man Battle Network, and even one-offs like Mega Man Soccer or Mega Man Battle & Chase.

Fuck Megaman 10, we need Megaman X9

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Now that Megaman 10 has been released, I have been wondering to myself, "When the fuck are they going to release?"  I've been playing the Megaman X Franchise all the way up to Megaman X8 and Megaman X Command Mission.  I can proudly say that I have sucked the blue bomber's metalic cock.  That being said, it is time to explain why Megaman X is so much better.

His name is Megaman X

Seriously, everyone knows that X makes everything better.  In fact, we could all name ourselves Mr. X and we would be ten times cooler. That X is meant to stand for "Extreme" and that makes him the Exetreme X.

More tricks

You might be wondering, "what does Megaman X do that is so much better."

You can dash bitch.  Seriously, how fucking awesome is it to dash.  It gives the game so much more agility.

You can wall jump.  An idea that focused the game more on quick jumping vertically than just jumping from platform to platform.

Not only can you charge up your Buster, you can charge up boss acquired weapons.  They can do all sorts of stuff like incenerate everything or create a kickass ice sled.

Megaman X has an upgradable armor, that introduces so many tricks.  The first armor allowed him rocks with his fucking forhead.  Another armor allowed him to cling onto walls.

In addition, he can also slide down walls.  Megaman still can't do that.

Armor Powerups are always awesome.  From having the ability to cling onto walls to the ability to hover.

Megaman X has better playable characters

Let's face it, what does the Megaman have with their cartoony cast when you have the slick looking cast for the Megaman X series.  .  Sure, in Megaman and Bass, you could play as Bass and shoot in eight directions.  But I say fuck that.  Megaman X allone puts Bass to shame.  Zero will slice shit up with his Z-Saber.  Axl will copy his enemy and use their powers against everyone.

Megaman X has better enemies

For God sakes, there is an Ostraich that throws skilsaw blades at you in Megaman X.  Even without at that, comparing the two main antigonist, Sigma and Dr. Wily, Sigma is so much cooler.
    Dr. Wily is just some envious asshole who will never be able to match the skills of Dr. Light.
    Sigma on the other hand is a badass.  First starts off as an ally, and betrays you.  He isn't doing it for any kind of revenge.  He is doing it because he his a malcious fuckhead.

Also, the word Maverick is so much cooler than Robot master.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Fuck Megaman X9, we need Megaman 2 remade in 3D.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

Fuck Megaman X9, we need Megaman XXX.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @DanielJW said:
    " Fuck Megaman X9, we need Megaman XXX. "
    Naked Roll?  I'm in.  :)
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By eirikr

Hey, you had plenty of mediocre X games released in the more than 10 year gap between Mega Man 8 and 9.  You'll wait for great robots named like Sheepaleed Dundercrash and you'll like it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

Mega Man X may have had all of those things, but it also had a startling downward slope in quality after X4.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By dethfish

Fuck Yes! High five!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

I hate the X series, it's far removed from what Megaman games should be about and what has made the series great.. Apart from two games the series, it' all been kiddy crap, piss easy games that lack charm and distinction.    

It's just another generic platform shooter in it's X guise, no old school Megaman fan wants to return to that.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Romination

I think 8-bit sprites have more of a charm than 16 or 32 or 64 or anything like that. And "more tricks" kinda goes around to "it's easier...damn it, i like it easier!"

And also, you can charge in the not-x games. I think they got in during 2 with Heat Man's weapon and a charge shot kills Wood Man in one hit.
     FUN FACT tell your friends!

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

The first armor allowed him rocks with his fucking forhead.

Well said!
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By bonbolapti
    @DanielJW said:
    "Fuck Megaman X9, we need Megaman XXX. "

I'm going to be honest, I read that as Megaman X 20...
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By keyhunter

I've still only managed to beat megaman X and half of X2. Megaman X alone is far superior to all of the original Megaman games I would say. 8 was okay I guess. I got tired of hitting projectiles from off screen while trying to jump chasm's.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kingclaw

Fuck Megaman, megaman x, and megaman 3D, what we really need is more of this.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " I hate the X series, it's far removed from what Megaman games should be about and what has made the series great.. Apart from two games the series, it' all been kiddy crap, piss easy games that lack charm and distinction.     It's just another generic platform shooter in it's X guise, no old school Megaman fan wants to return to that. "
    The X series is a different series from the original, so of course the style has to be different from the original; or else it'd be nothing but a copy-cat of Mega Man and there be no good reason as to why the X series was created to begin with. 

The X series delivered its fair share of memorable gameplay elements, characters, music, and levels, in its own unique style.

As for a new Mega Man X game. . . .Yes. As long it's not a retro game.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Godwind
    @JJOR64 said:

" @DanielJW said:

" Fuck Megaman X9, we need Megaman XXX. "

Naked Roll?  I'm in.  :) "

Yep. 

@Hailinel

said:

" Mega Man X may have had all of those things, but it also had a startling downward slope in quality after X4. "

Design level wise, yes.  Although I still had fun with those games.  Although X7 and X8 were more of a chore. 

@Linkyshinks

said:

" I hate the X series, it's far removed from what Megaman games should be about and what has made the series great.. Apart from two games the series, it' all been kiddy crap, piss easy games that lack charm and distinction.     It's just another generic platform shooter in it's X guise, no old school Megaman fan wants to return to that. "

And yet it has a fan website demanding for it anyways.
     http://megamanx9.com/ 
     The Megaman X series stands on its own legs.  I played out the Megaman series and feel some what burned out.  It got the feeling of being really repetitive.  The X series gave a lot more room to expand. 

@Romination

said:

" I think 8-bit sprites have more of a charm than 16 or 32 or 64 or anything like that. And "more tricks" kinda goes around to "it's easier...damn it, i like it easier!"  And also, you can charge in the not-x games. I think they got in during 2 with Heat Man's weapon and a charge shot kills Wood Man in one hit.  FUN FACT tell your friends! "

Keep in mind that the 8 bit design is for nostalgic purposes.  Contra Rebirth certainly doesn't look like an 8 bit game and it looks fine. 

@kingclaw said:

" Fuck Megaman, megaman x, and megaman 3D, what we really need is more of this. "

I agree, although it would be nice if they freshened it up a bit.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I need more Zero. But the story should start again from X5. After that, it was a downhill train with no stops. And please, no Megaman Zero crap designs!!!!!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Willy105

Oh boy, two different generations fighting over their own Mega Man....

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nohthink

We need Mega Man X3!!! or X4!!! 

Those were the best Mega Man, I think.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Godwind:  

Of course there are, Mega Man X has it fans too, I'm not saying it doesn't, all I am saying is that the series most ardent fans want to see these types of games more. It's the early games that have made the series great, and played a role in making Capcom the successful company it is today, not the Mega Man X games. Capcom making these games is sort of like them paying tribute to their seasoned fans, and their own foundation as a company. (Coin-Op - Mega Man - Street Fighter)    
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Romination
    @Willy105 said:
    " Oh boy, two different generations fighting over their own Mega Man.... "
    Truly, this is the age of fighting over Mega Man. I'm even between generations. Never had a SNES or PlayStation, and never had the game for my NES or Genesis. I just had a decent Game Boy port of the second, until recently when I picked up the Mega Man Zero games because I wanted a challenging game.

Verdict? All the slides and whatnot make it too easy. I still want that old-school run-n-jump challenge that really, only a game like 9 and how 10 is looking can fill (though Henry Hatsworth does good)
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By jacksukeru
    @Godwind said:
    "

His name is Megaman X

Seriously, everyone knows that X makes everything better.  In fact, we could all name ourselves Mr. X and we would be ten times cooler. That X is meant to stand for "Extreme" and that makes him the Exetreme X."  
    X makes everything more generic 

If it's the gameplay you want then you can find it in the Zero and ZX games, if it's the characters you want then, well I dunno, wasn't around much in the 16-bit days. Didn't get back into megaman until Megaman Zero 2, Love that one though. 

I prefer the Megaman series though, since it's Mega Man against Something-Man. 
     Each battle is against a similar opponent of almost always equal stature.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Fuck all of youuuuu.

We need Mega Man Legends 3 on a console!

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GunnBjorn

Could we quit the swearing for the sake of swearing, please? 
    But i must agree, one Megaman 8-bit game was enough. 

@JJOR64
    said:

"Fuck Megaman X9, we need Megaman 2 remade in 3D. "

A remake of the second Megaman would be awesome! 

Oh, and Dr. Light once explained to Megaman that X stands for a variable. 
    Meaning that Megaman isn't merely a mindless robot, but can make decisions of his own, not only through thought, but triggered by 'eXtreme' emotions, which can make all the difference in either victory or defeat.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Godwind
    @Willy105 said:

I'm part of both generations.  In fact I played the original Megaman games before ever touching Megaman X.  I didn't have a Super Nintendo until the N64 came out.  I certainly think Megaman X was the better game.

@Linkyshinks said:

" @Godwind:   Of course there are, Mega Man X has it fans too, I'm not saying it doesn't, all I am saying is that the series most ardent fans want to see these types of games more. It's the early games that have made the series great, and played a role in making Capcom the successful company it is today, not the Mega Man X games. Capcom making these games is sort of like them paying tribute to their seasoned fans, and their own foundation as a company. (Coin-Op - Mega Man - Street Fighter)     "

It is the early games that have established the character.  No more, no less.  The quality of a game is reflective of design.  As for games that established them,  where are some of the other content?
    Strider, Ghosts n' Goblins, Final Fight, Giga Wing, Power Stone, Breath of Fire and ect. But is seems you are in the same boat as this guy.

@Romination said:

" @Willy105 said:

Truly, this is the age of fighting over Mega Man. I'm even between generations. Never had a SNES or PlayStation, and never had the game for my NES or Genesis. I just had a decent Game Boy port of the second, until recently when I picked up the Mega Man Zero games because I wanted a challenging game.

Verdict? All the slides and whatnot make it too easy. I still want that old-school run-n-jump challenge that really, only a game like 9 and how 10 is looking can fill (though Henry Hatsworth does good) "

Hold on.  That is a completely different game.  The Megaman Zero series focuses on a lot of different things compared to the Megaman X games.

@Vito_Raliffe said:

" Fuck all of youuuuu.  We need Mega Man Legends 3 on a console! "

We are probably going to be waiting for a little awhile now.
    Gate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gate

hahahaha...well to me, Megaman X is a way more better than any other megaman games coz megaman series is just too childish to me though...But, i can tell you guys one thing...Megaman x9 WILL be release in a future due to the demand of the Megaman X fans...

RUPHI0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RUPHI0

Im down with both but lean towards X.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AltonBrown
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Mistzero

the only megaman i  played was megaman X4 and beat it too after a while; so i say make a x9 game with a good level design cause thats what everyone seems to be complaining about.  plus get better voice actors it was embarrassing to hear megaman sounded like a girl in the end movie in x4 (dunno if they changed it in the later series)

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Emilio

Gawd, I want MegaMan X on the Virtual Console AZAP!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By Marz

Megaman 3 and Megaman X  were my favorites of the series.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Yo fuck that! We need Battle Network 10! 
    I'm just kidding. Battle Network sucks.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By beargirl1

I liked the Mega Man X games. While X5 and X6 were pretty shit, X4 was pretty damn cool.  

I love the originals too, but like stated before;  

@Vito_Raliffe said:

OH MY GOD PLEASE! i'll do ANYTHING for this. 
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By august

I think you guys are confused. There are no Mega Man games after 6.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mistzero

i still remember zero totally losing it in x4 it was simply epic    
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I love Mega Max X! Granted, I only played X4 and the original, but I love them!

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By demontium
    @Godwind: Yeah, CAPCOM gave what its fans want. 

Now lets get mad at them.... smart godwind.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By toowalrus

Fuck mega man X, where's my Mega Man 10 for XBLA?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#38  Edited By ImperiousRix

I'd actually like to see a Mega Man X collection released on Xbox 360/PS3, or maybe even one of the handhelds. 
    Those games, especially the music in them, are great.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By august

The reason that there's not going to be a new Mega Man X game is that with 9 and 10, Capcom is appealing to the 8-bit generation. My generation. You know, the good one. Hopefully there's no one at Capcom silly enough to celebrate when the series began to degenerate into anime bullshit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.