Barack Obama and Sarah Palin in Mercs 2, WTF?

Posted by AegisOfDawn (70 posts) -

Almost guarantee that its going to appear on some conservative political show with a serious business agenda as an attack on video games. Frankly, I'd love to see Rush Limbaugh flip a lid over Sarah Palin stealing a helicoper and bombing a Venezuelan oil facility.

#1 Posted by AegisOfDawn (70 posts) -

Almost guarantee that its going to appear on some conservative political show with a serious business agenda as an attack on video games. Frankly, I'd love to see Rush Limbaugh flip a lid over Sarah Palin stealing a helicoper and bombing a Venezuelan oil facility.

#2 Posted by Champy (533 posts) -

obama looks alot like obama

#3 Posted by AegisOfDawn (70 posts) -

the part where he literally hijacked a tank was the moment that i realized that I need this game. ;p

guess that obama ad campaign with ea also gave him an appearance on mercs 2

#4 Posted by Tomzombie (396 posts) -

lol that was cool.

#5 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

This made my day.

#6 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

If Obama becomes the next president, I will never not play as Obama.

#7 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

First thing I would do is pick Obama walk up to a helicopter fly to the highest height and fall and splat on the ground but because that won't kill me in the game I will then call in a Bigfoot Monster truck and a Tactical Nuke stand under the landing car then get up and play DDR as a nuke hits my head. Then I will restart an continue on with the game. (No offensive to Karl Marx UMMM I mean Obama ). 

#8 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Wow, Gmanall. You can link to a Wikipedia page. That proves your comparison right off the bat, and shows that you aren't and ignorant fool at all!

#9 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

Nope HIC HIC HIC *Stupid Face*

#10 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Wow.  I want to play as Sarah Palin.

#11 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I didn't realize how much this game rocked before this.

#12 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Why is there no John McCain? Last time I checked, Barack Obama was running for president and Palin wasn't. I guess this is pretty neat because watching Palin jack a helicopter was funny as hell.

#13 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome.

This needs more attention!

#14 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome.

This needs more attention!

#15 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
systech said:
"Why is there no John McCain? Last time I checked, Barack Obama was running for president and Palin wasn't. I guess this is pretty neat because watching Palin jack a helicopter was funny as hell."
McCain had a heart attack.
#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Obama hijacking a tank. I am now sold on this game.

#17 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -
systech said:
"Why is there no John McCain? Last time I checked, Barack Obama was running for president and Palin wasn't. I guess this is pretty neat because watching Palin jack a helicopter was funny as hell."
They probably just wanted a male and female character.
#18 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

That video made my day.  I would gladly play Mercs 2 again if I had the chance to play as either one of those candidates.  

#19 Posted by FoxMulder (1665 posts) -

Well the DLC that adds these skins is a big letdown. All it has is 4 new missions, which aren't great.  And you can only play as Obama and Palin in these 4 missions, there is no way to get them in the actual game.  Also all 4 missions are strictly vehicle based, so you can't even see the new character skins, deeming them pointless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.