New Trailer.

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
#2 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

I like to imagine that this is what the logical next step for Metal Gear Solid would have been had Tupac been alive to take the helm.

#3 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

Good lord, trailer is super silly. But Platinum makes amazing action games, so you know it will be awesome.

#4 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

I'm so glad this is not going to be like other MGS games, as much as I loved them. Platinum is the absolute perfect developer to make this kind of game. CAN'T WAIT.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Why is he wearing heels?

#6 Edited by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

I gotta say, I am more excited for this game than I was for all other MGS games combined. I love how there is even a tinge of stealth shown off.

@BraveToaster said:

Why is he wearing heels?

Have you played MGS4? They're actually gripped feet, he can wield his sword with them. They're meant for clenching and I suppose one could assume it helps with acrobatics and landings.

#7 Posted by Heltom92 (710 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

Why is he wearing heels?

Because Metal Gear.

#8 Posted by Soapy86 (2621 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

I gotta say, I am more excited for this game than I was for all other MGS games combined. I love how there is even a tinge of stealth shown off.

Yep. Certain fans will say otherwise, but Platinum is doing Metal Gear proud.

Looks fucking awesome, I'm super excited for it, I can't wait.

#9 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Why is he wearing heels?

Have you played MGS4? They're actually gripped feet, he can wield his sword with them. They're meant for clenching and I suppose one could assume it helps with acrobatics and landings.

I also think they are spring loaded so he can jump super high in the air.

#10 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Sick trailer, can't wait.

I just hope the 2 studio thing and short dev time doesn't affect it too much.

#11 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -

Good lord this game looks DUMB. Not even in the MGS4 dumb kinda way. But in a "cut down a pillar so I can cut this dude in half" dumb.

#12 Posted by CaLe (3985 posts) -

斬 mother f**king 奪.

#13 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

That was pretty f***ing sweet, combat looks really fast and fluid. Looking forward to seeing more.

#14 Posted by cannonballBAM (602 posts) -

This is why Japan has my heart with action games, always.

#15 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

yeah i'm definately interested in the game now, it looks surprisingly fun.

#16 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

Oh, gametrailer comments...

#17 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

holy shit that game looks INSANE so excited for this, just gutted that its not out till next year :/

#18 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Can't wait to cut some watermelon!

#19 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines said:

Oh, gametrailer comments...

Would you expect anything else?

I've been a long time member of their forums and they basically encourage and promote idiocy and childish views

#20 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

Man is that trailer dumb in a Expendables kinda way but the only thing the trailer made me want to do is to listen to more Depeche Mode.

#21 Posted by BoOzak (923 posts) -

I thought it was a decent trailer but as someone who loves character action games with depth I wanted to know alittle more about the mechanics. Thankfully Konami's got my back!

Skip to 18:30 (I really dont know why they started the video off with flash games...)

Now I know this doesnt really explain all that much about how the combat works, but it's the small details that caught my attention. Like the ability to run and deflect bullets and multiple weapons! Which after NG3 is refreshing.(DLC doesnt count..) It also looks as though you can vault over and scale the enviroment Prototype style, which is an awesome concept in or out of combat. Even in it's current state about a year or so away from release the game looks great, and as you can probably tell i'm more than alittle hyped. And this is coming from a huge MGS fan who's played through every game in the saga multiple times!

..Oh and i'm also a cynical bastard if that counts for anything ;p

#22 Posted by Yummylee (21656 posts) -

WRONG

#23 Posted by BoOzak (923 posts) -

@Yummylee: whuh..?

#24 Edited by Yummylee (21656 posts) -

@BoOzak: I was quoting the hilarious ''WRONG'' @3.24 nearing the end of the GT trailer.

#25 Posted by BoOzak (923 posts) -

@Yummylee: Oh.. *sheaths rageblade* okay then..

#26 Posted by probablytuna (3666 posts) -

It's not the Metal Gear I know, but if it's a good game I'll get it.

#27 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Fuck all videogames, ever. Game of the fucking year.

#28 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

God damn, Depeche Mode has some good trailer songs.

#29 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I love you, Platinum Games. Is there anything you can't make awesome?

Although, all I can think when I hear that title is "Revengeance is a perfectly cromulent word".

#30 Posted by Voxus (336 posts) -

I really hope they mention nothing about the fate of Snake.

#31 Posted by Hailinel (24830 posts) -

@Fr0Br0 said:

Good lord this game looks DUMB. Not even in the MGS4 dumb kinda way. But in a "cut down a pillar so I can cut this dude in half" dumb.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

#32 Posted by NTM (7381 posts) -

All I'll say is, if this game is good, the trailer certainly doesn't do it justice.

#33 Posted by big_jon (5728 posts) -

Mega 64?

#34 Posted by BasketSnake (1208 posts) -

I'm betting you just unlock Snake later. Can't say I'm interested though.

#35 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

@0blivion said:

I really hope they mention nothing about the fate of Snake.

it's set nine years after 4. dude's dead as fuck.

#36 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I love it I love it I love it , maybe because I'm not the biggest metal gear fan the only game in the series I've completed was Peace Walker so I don't mind the focus on action but this just seem like a great crazy action game and the bosses might get even more crazy than regular MGS bosses that right there makes this game insane! cannot wait.

#37 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Depeche Mode eh?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.