Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

MGS4 Demo @ Japanese Store

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

1400 mb.

for the ones that dont own this game yet
    ( IMO If you dont dont own this game you do not deserve a ps3, but its just me ....)

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

Maybe you don't own the game because you don't like the game...that's going to be my choice.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By chililili
    Kush said:
    "Maybe you don't own the game because you don't like the game...that's going to be my choice."
    Yes there are also people who dislike chocolate, smiles and puppies. You can dislike MGS4 but its not normal. Even if you don't think its the best game ever, its pretty decentt all around no matter how you look at it.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

How is it not normal? I dislike Halo, and don't think Gears is the end all game that its being hyped up to be. I thougth MGS4 was a 'good' game, but nothing super special or what people say it is(no, not a single reason to buy a PS3). Everyone has their own opinions, disliking what others do like being somehow 'weird' makes no sense.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By artofwar420
    Kush said:
    "Maybe you don't own the game because you don't like the game...that's going to be my choice."

I don't hate you. But it must suck to not want to play MGS4. Maybe you haven't played the previous games, so you're not as attached. But, If you don't own the game how do you hate it?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I find it funny how people say shit like "You don`t deserve a ps3 if you don`t like MGS4" Well sorry to burst your isolated bubble but people have different tastes and like different games, maybe I buy a ps3 to play Little Big Planet, if you guys go on with shit and saying people don`t deserve to buy one, the ps3 community isn`t going anywhere positive.
    By the way, I own a Ps3 I don`t own MGS4(Yet) but I plan on owning it very soon as I love the series.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By chililili
    pause422 said:
    "How is it not normal? I dislike Halo, and don't think Gears is the end all game that its being hyped up to be. I thougth MGS4 was a 'good' game, but nothing super special or what people say it is(no, not a single reason to buy a PS3). Everyone has their own opinions, disliking what others do like being somehow 'weird' makes no sense."
    It is not the norm, therefore it is not normal. If a person likes having sex on a cliff with a dog while being whipped, is that wrong? No, should he be not allowed to do so? No. Is it normal? No. So again you can choose not to like chocolate, MGS4, or any other normal things, and are entitled to do so, I'm saying you should be able to own a ps3. However I am saying you are not normal, you do not follow the mainstream, and you do not fit the average paradigm.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru

Metal Gear Solid has one of the most split fanbases I've ever seen. Some fans like all the games, some like only a few, some just like only one game in the franchise. The games take on different extremes with each installment, which is why fans either enjoy it or dislike it, it's not unusual to find someone who only likes one or two games in the franchise while hating the others.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

The demo is up in the European store now... so you can try it out  if you havent bought the full game yet...

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By PenguinNerd

Yeah I was browsing the Japanese PSN store last night and came across the MGS4 demo and was like wait what!?!  Kind of interested in how long the demo is itself and if they kept the cutscenes in...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince
    pause422 said:
    "How is it not normal? I dislike Halo, and don't think Gears is the end all game that its being hyped up to be. I thougth MGS4 was a 'good' game, but nothing super special or what people say it is(no, not a single reason to buy a PS3). Everyone has their own opinions, disliking what others do like being somehow 'weird' makes no sense."
    So it's good, but you dislike it... Do you normally dislike good things?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike
    Kush said:

I don't like it either...I thought MGS4 was so boring I had to stop playing about 4 hours in, and I never want to go back to it. 
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince
    MB said:
    "Kush said:

I don't like it either...I thought MGS4 was so boring I had to stop playing about 4 hours in, and I never want to go back to it. "
    Why's that?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By mike

...because I had never played any of the previous MGS games, and it made little sense to me and seemed like a bunch of fan service and nothing more.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince
    MB said:
    "...because I had never played any of the previous MGS games, and it made little sense to me and seemed like a bunch of fan service and nothing more."
    There was fan service, but you obviously wouldn't get the story of a game that's hailed as having one of the most complex and deep stories ever, if you haven't played the first three...
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By kush
    artofwar420 said:
    "Kush said:

I don't hate you. But it must suck to not want to play MGS4. Maybe you haven't played the previous games, so you're not as attached. But, If you don't own the game how do you hate it?"
    I have played it. I owned it and got rid of it after beating it...and I am a huge fan of this series. I own every single previous game in the franchise (including before things got solid :P ) and loved them...I bought the LE of MGS4 and was greatly disappointed with what I got. It is possible for huge MGS fans not to enjoy MGS4.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17  Edited By Vinchenzo
    MB said:
    "Kush said:

I don't like it either...I thought MGS4 was so boring I had to stop playing about 4 hours in, and I never want to go back to it. "
    Me too. Of course anytime I express my distaste towards MGS4 the fans come rushing in with negatives and pitch forks. The game was absurdly boring. Gave up halfway into the second act.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Vinchenzo said:
    "MB said:
    "Kush said:

Me too. Of course anytime I express my distaste towards MGS4 the fans come rushing in with negatives and pitch forks. The game was absurdly boring. Gave up halfway into the second act."
    It's not that you hate the game, but the condition in which you played it... If you have no back story and understanding of what's going on, then how can  you give it a fair rating? It's like walking into the movie theater in the last five minutes and then walking out and saying the movie sucked...
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "MB said:
    "Kush said:

Me too. Of course anytime I express my distaste towards MGS4 the fans come rushing in with negatives and pitch forks. The game was absurdly boring. Gave up halfway into the second act."
    It's not that you hate the game, but the condition in which you played it... If you have no back story and understanding of what's going on, then how can  you give it a fair rating? It's like walking into the movie theater in the last five minutes and then walking out and saying the movie sucked..."
    I've played the second one, who said I haven't played an MGS game before?
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Vinchenzo said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "MB said:
    "Kush said:

It's not that you hate the game, but the condition in which you played it... If you have no back story and understanding of what's going on, then how can  you give it a fair rating? It's like walking into the movie theater in the last five minutes and then walking out and saying the movie sucked..."
    I've played the second one, who said I haven't played an MGS game before?"
    Sorry, I thought you were MB. Regardless, if you've only played the second one, your still seeing it skewed. Did you even beat the second one? Either way I don't care if you like it or not, as long as it was a given a fair chance.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pause422

Ok wow, this topic is just stupid now. Apparently anyone who dislikes the game, or just doesn't think its a 'buy a ps3' kind of game(seeing as I don't think any game is worth purchasing an entire console for, but multiple games) they're apparently not normal and need a long explanation of events causing them to feel like this. Some people don't like games others do, no matter how much they're hyped.....get over it. I played every other MGS, and I thought 4 was decent, but nothing more....I generally thought MGS and MGS3 were far superior to 4, but that's my opinion. Everyone doesn't need an in depth amount of reasons for just not liking or not thinking any game is as amazing as others say it is. People need to get used to teh fact that everyone has different opinions, and just because some of you think that apparently this is the end all game and people 'don't deserve' to have a PS3 without playing it and absolutely loving it, you're not anymore right than anyone else is.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's this constant fallback to MGS4 that seems to be perpetuating the PS3 has no games idea. Like really, this demo should have been out a few weeks before the game, not months after.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Linkyshinks
    MB said:
    "...because I had never played any of the previous MGS games, and it made little sense to me and seemed like a bunch of fan service and nothing more."

That's fair enough but I reckon you are missing out of a truly fantastic series, no doubt one of the finest in the history of videogames. If I were in your position I would try to get the  MGS collection, after you play that you will want to play MGS4, and I think you will gain a more respectful opinion on it,

MGS4 is not really the kind of game one can jump into without playing any of the previous games., in doing so you are bound to miss out on so much without the lack of knowledge of past games stories and characters.

A fourth game in a series is bound to have lashings of fan service, especially with this game what with Snake leaving the stage so to speak.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince
    pause422 said:
    "Ok wow, this topic is just stupid now. Apparently anyone who dislikes the game, or just doesn't think its a 'buy a ps3' kind of game(seeing as I don't think any game is worth purchasing an entire console for, but multiple games) they're apparently not normal and need a long explanation of events causing them to feel like this. Some people don't like games others do, no matter how much they're hyped.....get over it. I played every other MGS, and I thought 4 was decent, but nothing more....I generally thought MGS and MGS3 were far superior to 4, but that's my opinion. Everyone doesn't need an in depth amount of reasons for just not liking or not thinking any game is as amazing as others say it is. People need to get used to teh fact that everyone has different opinions, and just because some of you think that apparently this is the end all game and people 'don't deserve' to have a PS3 without playing it and absolutely loving it, you're not anymore right than anyone else is."
    If this is directed at me, then go back and read what I said. I said you don't have to like the game, but at least have to have given it a fair chance before saying you don't like it.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pause422
    LiquidPrince said:
    "pause422 said:
    "Ok wow, this topic is just stupid now. Apparently anyone who dislikes the game, or just doesn't think its a 'buy a ps3' kind of game(seeing as I don't think any game is worth purchasing an entire console for, but multiple games) they're apparently not normal and need a long explanation of events causing them to feel like this. Some people don't like games others do, no matter how much they're hyped.....get over it. I played every other MGS, and I thought 4 was decent, but nothing more....I generally thought MGS and MGS3 were far superior to 4, but that's my opinion. Everyone doesn't need an in depth amount of reasons for just not liking or not thinking any game is as amazing as others say it is. People need to get used to teh fact that everyone has different opinions, and just because some of you think that apparently this is the end all game and people 'don't deserve' to have a PS3 without playing it and absolutely loving it, you're not anymore right than anyone else is."
    If this is directed at me, then go back and read what I said. I said you don't have to like the game, but at least have to have given it a fair chance before saying you don't like it."
    It was more just generalized at anyone saying such, but mostly directed at Solid Snake since he said those words' you don't deserve a ps3 unless you own this game', which as said, makes no sense because anyone can dislike any game, it doesn't make them weird, just his stupid opinion, but that's nothing new from him....he touts the PS3 and games on it so high then goes to another topic and says its shit and the 360 is better and gears 2 is the best game ever, so I hardly would ever take him seriously.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Haha how long has it been after release?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shadows_kill
    Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "Haha how long has it been after release?"
    couple months. i dont see the problem with it. its just a demo...
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zitosilva

Wouldn't make sense to release a demo for this game before its release because people were going to buy it anyway. Hell, most people bought a Ps3 just to play it.
    The release of the demo probably has something to do with the game reaching the 4 million mark (if I'm not mistaken). I guess that either people already bought it or never has interest in it, and maybe the demo will make a difference to the later group.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LiquidPrince
    pause422 said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "pause422 said:
    If this is directed at me, then go back and read what I said. I said you don't have to like the game, but at least have to have given it a fair chance before saying you don't like it."
    It was more just generalized at anyone saying such, but mostly directed at Solid Snake since he said those words' you don't deserve a ps3 unless you own this game', which as said, makes no sense because anyone can dislike any game, it doesn't make them weird, just his stupid opinion, but that's nothing new from him....he touts the PS3 and games on it so high then goes to another topic and says its shit and the 360 is better and gears 2 is the best game ever, so I hardly would ever take him seriously."
    Noted.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fr0br0

I think the people who already wanted to buy MGS4 have bought it. I doubt a demo is going to win over that many hearts. And seeing this topic, the people new to the series wouldn't enjoy the full game anyway.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Relys
    chililili said:
    "Kush said:
    Yes there are also people who dislike chocolate, smiles and puppies. You can dislike MGS4 but its not normal. Even if you don't think its the best game ever, its pretty decentt all around no matter how you look at it."
    My parents dislike it. Talk to the hand.

I may be able to convince them to approve it with this here demo. :D (I'm 16 and going to college by the way.. This is what religion does to normal adults people).
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    Relys said:
    "chililili said:
    "Kush said:
    Yes there are also people who dislike chocolate, smiles and puppies. You can dislike MGS4 but its not normal. Even if you don't think its the best game ever, its pretty decentt all around no matter how you look at it."

I may be able to convince them to approve it with this here demo. :D (I'm 16 and going to college by the way.. This is what religion does to normal adults people)."
    dont blame religion  man!
    If your parents are like that well let em be when you grow older you ll make your own choises
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zitosilva
    Relys said:
    "chililili said:
    "Kush said:

I may be able to convince them to approve it with this here demo. :D (I'm 16 and going to college by the way.. This is what religion does to normal adults people)."
    16 and already going to college? I sure hope you can handle what's coming to you. I sure wasn't mature enought to go to college when I was 16.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    chililili said:
    "Kush said:
    But considering that only 1 out of 3 PS3 users bought the game means that you have 66% more chances to find one who does not like the game than finding one who likes it.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PureRok

The whole "you don't deserve to own this or that" thing is stupid. Anybody who puts down $500+ for something (or pays any money in general) "deserves" it, since they payed for it.

You can only really say someone doesn't deserve something if they stole it... or mistreat it (if it's living).

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a PS3 for it but I like the series, and BTW some people hate big stories in their games, others hate when there is no story, it's normal for people to not like MGS4 but it's dumb to say the game's story is crap and that the graphics are bad..

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's out on the NA store as well by the way.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AaronBelfast

Lol, I'm downloading the demo, even thlough I have the full game.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By brukaoru
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Lol, I'm downloading the demo, even thlough I have the full game."
    What if you enjoy the demo better than the full game?
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LiquidPrince
    brukaoru said:
    "AaronBelfast said:
    "Lol, I'm downloading the demo, even thlough I have the full game."
    What if you enjoy the demo better than the full game?"
    That would make no sense... Unless it was some limited edition cut level or something... =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.