Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Is minecraft a lot harder now?

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrCandleguy

So i just installed the Halloween update and I saw that spiders and creepers stay alive in day time. It makes this game A LOT harder for a 'fresh miner'.
    Anyone else having this problem? 

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sanryd

This has always been the case. Though I did change my difficulty to hard when I realized I could (yesterday) and I can safely say that is a lot harder, as shown by my current status: "  Lost the pickaxe containing the only diamond I've found in the world to a zombie/lava while trying to get some obsidian for a portal. Fuck Minecraft."

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

It is much harder, My underground Obsidian Lab is suddenly a really bad Idea. I need more light down there or im screwed. I also heard that Ghast randomly spawn from portals, maybe thats a myth but one Ghast could tear my place to pieces.

And Spiders/Creepers have always stayed alive in the day, theres just more of them now, Spiders are also harmless in the day as long as you dont hit them.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HaltIamReptar

I play on Peaceful unless I need something from a monster.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sanryd
    @Mikemcn said:
    " Spiders are also harmless in the day as long as you dont hit them. "
    Wow, really? I had no idea. On a side note: how funny is it when a skeleton attacks other mobs XD
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

Is there any benefit to there being monsters in Minecraft?  I thought the whole point was just to build stuff, so it makes sense to keep it on "peaceful", right?
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond
    @Brendan said:
    Is there any benefit to there being monsters in Minecraft?  I thought the whole point was just to build stuff, so it makes sense to keep it on "peaceful", right?
    I was going to object with this but you're mostly right since the enemies are mostly just an annoyance in Minecraft.  Personally I'd rather play the game like a game and have enemies that really presented a challenge besides being cheap.

Minecraft could potentially be about more than just building stuff.
    FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FunkasaurusRex
    @Brendan: 
    I guess it comes down to personal preference, I would get bored without enemies. I enjoy feeling that the world is dangerous and my castle is my one light in the darkness.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a brand new miner, but I do play on easy so :) once I get basics down I'm sure I will increase my difficulty at least to normal.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aronman789

I go peaceful because the monsters aren't challenging, they're just annoying

This_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By This_Dude

I play on Peaceful as well unless i find myself in need of some string, or some gunpowder,  at which point i'll crank it up to hard just before day break, and get a bunch of free loot from the dudes that spawn.   But yeah,  there's nothing worse that being in your inventory and a creeper just pops up on you from the other side of a hill and blows you up,   that's just annoying.  I enjoy the mineral gathering and farming more than the monsters anyway.  Finding enough Iron to link my bases together with minecart tracks is Challenging enough wihtout having to fend off hordes of pointless monsters.  I just wish that you didn't regenerate health on Peaceful, so that you still have to be at least a little more careful.

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Diamond said:
    " @Brendan said:
    I was going to object with this but you're mostly right since the enemies are mostly just an annoyance in Minecraft.  Personally I'd rather play the game like a game and have enemies that really presented a challenge besides being cheap.  Minecraft could potentially be about more than just building stuff. "
    What, just like every other FPS out there. 
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I didn't realize there were difficulty settings until yesterday, holy crap does that make this better. I was getting real tired of having to spend half my play time holed up in a shelter, now I can finally bend this world to my will. 

Dunno if it's harder now, peaceful is pretty darn peaceful.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Diamond
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
    " @Diamond said:
    " @Brendan said:
    I was going to object with this but you're mostly right since the enemies are mostly just an annoyance in Minecraft.  Personally I'd rather play the game like a game and have enemies that really presented a challenge besides being cheap.  Minecraft could potentially be about more than just building stuff. "
    What, just like every other FPS out there.  "
    You can build a castle in every FPS?
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#16  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Diamond said:
    " You can build a castle in every FPS? "
    Of course. Everyone does. :P
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Diamond
    @LordAndrew said:

" @Diamond said:

" You can build a castle in every FPS? "
    Of course. Everyone does. :P "
    Oh man all this time I've just been shootin dudes.

No wonder noone minds the modern level design, people were making their own in real time!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.