Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Tree Fortin' in the 21st century

Shademonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Shademonger

I've been putting quite a bit of time into the Giant BombcraftMinecraft server, lately. From the Crater City to the H.P. Lovecraft inspired town of Kingsport, I've put in a pretty hefty amount of hours collaborating with a great community of people dedicated to fun and creativity. My most recent project has been the construction of a tree village in the valley below YoctoYotta's cliff-top castle. Now, the anchor tree, the main tree which will connect the rest of the tree-top homes together, has been completed.

No Caption Provided

I have put in some additional work on a couple of connected trees as a sort of proof of concept for the theme of the area. Random blocks of Lightstone are nestled amongst the branches as "Brightberries" giving the tree its own natural luminescence at night.
    No Caption Provided

The berries even light up the interior, giving a pleasant glow to the spiral staircase that connects the entire village to the ground floor.
    No Caption Provided

With the completion of the main tree, I am opening up the treetop village to community collaboration status. A few examples of tree-top homes have been established already, but please feel free to use your creativity to come up with a natural-looking abode that incorporates wood, leaves, and berries in a clever and organic-looking way. Feel free to construct additional trees around the Great Tree and connect them to the rest of the village as you see fit. I'm looking forward to what this can become, so drop on by if you're interested.
    Shademonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Shademonger

I've been putting quite a bit of time into the Giant BombcraftMinecraft server, lately. From the Crater City to the H.P. Lovecraft inspired town of Kingsport, I've put in a pretty hefty amount of hours collaborating with a great community of people dedicated to fun and creativity. My most recent project has been the construction of a tree village in the valley below YoctoYotta's cliff-top castle. Now, the anchor tree, the main tree which will connect the rest of the tree-top homes together, has been completed.

No Caption Provided

I have put in some additional work on a couple of connected trees as a sort of proof of concept for the theme of the area. Random blocks of Lightstone are nestled amongst the branches as "Brightberries" giving the tree its own natural luminescence at night.
    No Caption Provided

The berries even light up the interior, giving a pleasant glow to the spiral staircase that connects the entire village to the ground floor.
    No Caption Provided

With the completion of the main tree, I am opening up the treetop village to community collaboration status. A few examples of tree-top homes have been established already, but please feel free to use your creativity to come up with a natural-looking abode that incorporates wood, leaves, and berries in a clever and organic-looking way. Feel free to construct additional trees around the Great Tree and connect them to the rest of the village as you see fit. I'm looking forward to what this can become, so drop on by if you're interested.
    powrtrio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By powrtrio

Great post, Shade. I throw my hat into the circle for an abode in your woodland village. Seems like a nice neighborhood.  :0

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By meteora

I'm gonna need to check that tree out later when the servers are up.

Shademonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shademonger

Recent screenshot at Sunrise. In the words of FunExplosions "Yo, it's looking like a bunch of trees up in here" 

No Caption Provided
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By yoctoyotta

this is shaping up awesomely.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FunExplosions

Lookin' even more treeish now.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

My dreams of building something great were crushed when all my work was gone because they had to rollback the server =( so now I just walk around and check out other people's things.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

Do monsters spawn in the tree tops? Either way, I would live there. I've always liked tree houses and heights.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Azteck

God fucking dammit. I need to get back into minecraft but school makes it so hard. I miss the GB Server ):

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.