Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Whiskey Media's Official Minecraft Server

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#351  Edited By SoylentGreen
    @YoctoYotta said:
    " @Meteora said:
    " @RiotBananas said:
    " I think I'll probably leave if you guys end up adding a load of mods, I got my IRL friend into Minecraft and one of our WoW friends on the server recently and it's been fun actually working for stuff. I refuse to play this game when I or others can spawn whatever they want. Part of the charm is working for your creations. "
    You can always just opt not to spawn blocks for yourself. There are also some certain blocks that are not found naturally. "
    Yeah, getting really hardcore about mining is great, I spent a couple hundred hours in offline single player doing that grind, but it's gets old eventually, especially in comparison to the epic, otherwise impossible things you can build with unlimited supplies. "
    This. I like gathering stuff for small projects, but even just harvesting the small amount of obsidian some mega-constructions (like a lot of pixel art) might require is agonizing.
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352  Edited By SoylentGreen

So, for the last few days I've been busy making a quest of sorts. It isn't particularly long, but it does take you around.

The dreaded pirate Cap'n Blood recently died of old age, and he left his treasure behind, waiting for someone to take it. He left clues, starting at his house:

Viewed from the front.
     Viewed from the front.

Looking south(I think?); the house is near the Pirate Cove.

Looking north(or south). The current spawn is just a stone's throw that way.

Just something fun, for anyone who's interested.
    Shademonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#353  Edited By Shademonger

I've been playing on some really fun beta servers that have some mods like Towny and iConomy that allow you to buy and sell resources that you harvest, rather than spawning infiinite amounts of whatever. Towny is cool in that it allows you to set up villages and nations and do battle with each other. We'd need way more users to make that worthwhile I would think.

Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SoylentGreen said:
    " So, for the last few days I've been busy making a quest of sorts. It isn't particularly long, but it does take you around.

The dreaded pirate Cap'n Blood recently died of old age, and he left his treasure behind, waiting for someone to take it. He left clues, starting at his house:

Viewed from the front.
     Viewed from the front.

Just something fun, for anyone who's interested. "
    Hmm... needs more adorable fake tigers I can pretend to pet.
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By SoylentGreen
    @Magicallystoopid:  Minecraft is a game about imagination. If I want to make a quest involving a pirate with a dumb name, I'm going to make a quest involving a pirate with a dumb name.
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SoylentGreen said:
    " @Magicallystoopid:  Minecraft is a game about imagination. If I want to make a quest involving a pirate with a dumb name, I'm going to make a quest involving a pirate with a dumb name. "
    WELL I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT TOO BUDDY!

NOW GIVE ME A FAKE ADORABLE TIGER AND SOME WEIRD FLYING BADGER THING THAT LOOKS STONED!
    Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#357  Edited By Poki3

Soylent and I (Poki33 in Minecraft) replanted a forest that was burned down. Man, that was a lot of work, but satisfying!

Edit: Soylent made a monument in honor of the forest too.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#358  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Poki3 said:
    " "
    ....yup.
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone else having trouble logging onto the server?  Whenever I try to it gives me a "Timed out" message after a while.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @Magicallystoopid said:
    " Is anyone else having trouble logging onto the server?  Whenever I try to it gives me a "Timed out" message after a while. "
    Same.
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By SoylentGreen
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    " @Magicallystoopid said:
    " Is anyone else having trouble logging onto the server?  Whenever I try to it gives me a "Timed out" message after a while. "
    Same. "
    Yeah, I'm having this problem too. I've been able to get in a couple of times, but usually I time out before I can log in.
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit server stop toying with my emotions!  I WANT TO FINISH THE DAMN SPLEEFING ARENA!

Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well what makes it worse for me is I'm in the middle of the snowstorm in the south, so I don't have a whole lot of things to do right now.

LET ME FINISH THE DAMN SPLEEF ARENA!

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#365  Edited By hockeymask27

Ya I cant get in either

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By meteora

I think FunExplosions is probably on vacation or something.

Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I did just log onto it for a little while and the server was acting alright, then the server bitched out and now won't even let me try to log onto it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

@Meteora said:

" I think FunExplosions is probably on vacation or something. "

No he's logging on, he posted twice on GB today.
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I'm double posting but I just wanted to say that I just logged onto the server and it seems to be working fine now.  If that was you explosions I'll just say big ups for that!

So close to finishing this damn Spleef arena.  Just need a good healthy amount of buckets of water, one more netherstone, and finally whatever will make the best spleef floor material for the actual game floor.

Alright poll time, I want to give the Spleef arena some silly little ad sponsers.  Since all arenas have that I guess.  So what do you think should be the official sponsers of...

The ticket booths:
    The Press Conference Room (Yes I made that): 
    The seats:

As for the arena itself, let it officially be known as Whiskey Media Garden.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Magicallystoopid said:
    " I know I'm double posting but I just wanted to say that I just logged onto the server and it seems to be working fine now.  If that was you explosions I'll just say big ups for that!  So close to finishing this damn Spleef arena.  Just need a good healthy amount of buckets of water, one more netherstone, and finally whatever will make the best spleef floor material for the actual game floor.  Alright poll time, I want to give the Spleef arena some silly little ad sponsers.  Since all arenas have that I guess.  So what do you think should be the official sponsers of...  The ticket booths: The Press Conference Room (Yes I made that):  The seats:  As for the arena itself, let it officially be known as Whiskey Media Garden. "
    Yeah I think I fixed it. Glad it's working. 

To everyone else, sorry I haven't been giving the server much attention lately. It just became kinda stressful to constantly monitor the thing. I'll see what I can do with the mods and stuff later. That is - do you guys still want things like they were? Or do you not mind going like this for a little while? I'd much rather have it with mods, personally, but I'm only 1 person in the server, though. Let me know.
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By hockeymask27

Just went on for a bit. Without mods it hard since everything is built up already. 

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Hockeymask27 said:
    " Just went on for a bit. Without mods it hard since everything is built up already.  "
    That's 2 votes for mods. Gonna wait for some others to post, but damn, server population has really plummeted without mods, too. I'll have to buy a Giant Bomb ad spot or something to spike interest.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By KaosAngel

I want back console commands.  :| 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#373  Edited By Claude

Are there some vids of this I can see?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Claude said:
    " Are there some vids of this I can see? "
    Click one of the four links in the bottom of the thread.
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @FunExplosions said:
    " I know I'm double posting but I just wanted to say that I just logged onto the server and it seems to be working fine now.  If that was you explosions I'll just say big ups for that!  So close to finishing this damn Spleef arena.  Just need a good healthy amount of buckets of water, one more netherstone, and finally whatever will make the best spleef floor material for the actual game floor.  Alright poll time, I want to give the Spleef arena some silly little ad sponsers.  Since all arenas have that I guess.  So what do you think should be the official sponsers of...  The ticket booths: The Press Conference Room (Yes I made that):  The seats:  As for the arena itself, let it officially be known as Whiskey Media Garden. "
    Yeah I think I fixed it. Glad it's working.  To everyone else, sorry I haven't been giving the server much attention lately. It just became kinda stressful to constantly monitor the thing. I'll see what I can do with the mods and stuff later. That is - do you guys still want things like they were? Or do you not mind going like this for a little while? I'd much rather have it with mods, personally, but I'm only 1 person in the server, though. Let me know. "
    I'd be back in a heartbeat with mods, but no hard feelings if that's not the popular choice.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#376  Edited By Soap
    @FunExplosions: I'd be much happier with mods back, I was right in the middle of a large project when the mods went down and it's been torture to finish without them (and about 30 times slower)
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even after just finishing a project I'd rather just get the mods back.  It made things easier.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By SoylentGreen
    @Magicallystoopid said:
    " Even after just finishing a project I'd rather just get the mods back.  It made things easier. "
    Yeah, this. I had to deforest a square kilometer about 3 times over just to build one (admittedly large) wooden building.

Also, the new update brought music blocks! Now I just need to figure out how to play them in order.
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SoylentGreen said:
    " Even after just finishing a project I'd rather just get the mods back.  It made things easier. "
    Yeah, this. I had to deforest a square kilometer about 3 times over just to build one (admittedly large) wooden building.  Also, the new update brought music blocks! Now I just need to figure out how to play them in order. "
    Music blocks?  Oh god so many people are going to recreate the scene in Big with that.
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By SoylentGreen
    @Magicallystoopid said:
    " @SoylentGreen said:
    Yeah, this. I had to deforest a square kilometer about 3 times over just to build one (admittedly large) wooden building.  Also, the new update brought music blocks! Now I just need to figure out how to play them in order. "
    Music blocks?  Oh god so many people are going to recreate the scene in Big with that. "
    Yeah, the recipe is the same as a chest but with some redstone in the center. It'd be really tough to make actual music with it, though; you'd need a lot of delay circuits. A lot. Possibly a burst generator, too.

Time for me to do some redstone hunting, I guess.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By Capum15

I vote for mods. I've already grabbed a SP mod that includes console commands, and it's so much faster to build large things. Haven't been playing much lately but I've started to get back into it.

Just remembered that I have a Hell House in the server, made from wood. Probably not the best idea, but eh, whatever. I'd totally hop back in faster with the give/item command back.

Hampe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By Hampe

I vote for mods, since I think the game gets a lot funnier with that actually.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Still can't get in. Do I need to be whitelisted or something? Username is same as here if so.

This_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By This_Dude

Mods are a must in order to differentiate MP from SP.  I feel that without mods I have no incentive to play anything other than my Single Player world.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By SoylentGreen

I haven't been able to get in for the last few days, and just now it's been throwing some worrying packet exceptions when I try.

Can anyone else confirm this, or is it my connection?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By KaosAngel
    @SoylentGreen: Same for me.  
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By Capum15
    @SoylentGreen:@KaosAngel:  Just tried myself and got the same error.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By meteora

There was an update for Minecraft like 3 days ago, I'm guessing the server hasn't been updated yet.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Capum15 said:
    " @SoylentGreen:@KaosAngel:  Just tried myself and got the same error. "
    @Meteora:  

Sorry guys. I'm waiting on a response from my support ticket right now. Hopefully they'll get back to me quickly.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By Capum15
    @FunExplosions: Ah, okay. Man, every MP server I've tried lately has had problems. Krakn's has me as unable to break blocks, this one is down, another one (CraigAA's) is full and the Discovr.us Creative one is down until this new mod comes out. Figures just as I decide to go back to multi, Notch makes some large updates >.<
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Capum15 said:
    " @FunExplosions: Ah, okay. Man, every MP server I've tried lately has had problems. Krakn's has me as unable to break blocks, this one is down, another one (CraigAA's) is full and the Discovr.us Creative one is down until this new mod comes out. Figures just as I decide to go back to multi, Notch makes some large updates >.< "
    Yeah it's kinda bullshit. Notch said a long time ago that he was going to make updates optional. He never did it. That would fix so many problems. Being able to wait for updates until people like Hey0 finished their mods would make everything run perfectly.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By Capum15
    @FunExplosions: You never know, he could put it in later. But yeah, it does suck right now and definitely would fix most of the problems with updates and SMP servers if you could wait until the modders (bless them and their awesomeness) caught up. After watching a few Lets Plays I decided to try out the Discovr one since it seemed like fun, only to find out that their main mod was discontinued (though the guys who made it are working on another, better one). Would've been fine if the update didn't kill it. The guys tried to update it but couldn't and decided to focus on the new one, so until that's released the Creative server is down and only the Vanilla Anarchy one is up, and I don't really want dudes killing me and taking my stuff so...

Anyway, nice job keeping up with the server.
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By SoylentGreen

I just connected, seems to be working just fine.

baba2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#394  Edited By baba2

Me too, working fine. 

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By Capum15

Got in, works just fine now. Though I still miss the mods; had to make a temporary ladder out of Hell to get some saplings, dirt and wood to make a tree farm. Glad I gave myself a ton of Diamonds before the update, should have gave myself more torches or coal though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

My PC is properly bricked this time, out for the forseeable future :( 

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#398  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I really think I need to start playing this game. It looks so interesting to me.

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " I really think I need to start playing this game. It looks so interesting to me. "
    It is deceptively addictive. If you think it looks interesting, you'll love it. I thought it looked kinda dumb and ended up spending several hundred hours playing it and am looking forward to playing even more once mods are feasible again.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#400  Edited By CL60

Does this server work? I keep getting. 

Connection lost. 
    Internal client error: java.net.ConnectException:Connection timed out: connect

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.